• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Eh let's not harp on folks who don't like the movie.

We're circling in on 3 months, at this point, there's very little Warner can do to change anyone's mind until the movie is out.

So let's talk about some quality Batman/Superman comics

Or Lex comics

Or wonder Woman

Does anyone read Doomed?

We're circling in on 3 months, at this point, there's very little Warner can do to change anyone's mind until the movie is out.

Or Lex comics

Or wonder Woman

Does anyone read Doomed?

I have read some Batman/Superman comics written by Jeph Loeb. They were good.
Doomed wasn't a masterpiece, but it wasn't bad neither.

Sambrez_

Or Lex comics

Or wonder Woman

Does anyone read Doomed?

Doomed is not so bad. But I especially loved the one before with Wonder Woman vs Zod and Faora, definitly a great ending.

As for WW, the new 52 solo from Cliff Chiang is really good. I haven't finished reading everything yet, but I'm liking the new take on the mythology.

Decided to see TFA in 70mm at the Florida Hospital Imax dome this Thurs, hoping I get to see the BvS trailer there as well :p.

I guess I'll be ordering tickets for BvS there as well whenever that goes on sale.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Watched some animated stuff, Flashpoint is so damn good. Last comic...the killing joke I think. Liked it, didn't love it.

Now we got SW out of the way, I expect WB to go all out. No holding back. Let Snyder do the next trailer to get people hyped again (tho they'll hate it no matter what).

a916

Campea has had a axe to grind against Gal Gadot from the very start. The thing about Jamie Alexander might very well be part of it too or it might not. What is the case though is he's responded with such vile that one has to wonder why he is so personally offended and willing to use double standards. His stance regarding Gal Gadot has been very insulting in the past. I've always wondered if AMC at the time called him on it. There was a span of a few months where he'd take every opportunity to trash the woman unprovoked when she or BvS wasn't even part of the conversation. Then suddenly he stopped doing it and said he was just hoping it turned out well.

It wasn't even comments about her experience or having doubts about her being able to pull the role off. Those were fine and if he'd kept it to that there wouldn't be a problem. Howevrer he was getting pretty personal about her as a person. That's what was so ugly about it and how often he'd comment on her. He made a point not to go after her looks or body though so I guess in his eyes he what he was doing was okay.

That BS raises it's head now and then since they've moved to Collider. He's just asshole in general though. That's the conclusion I've come away with after watching Movie Talk for so long. The only reason I watch is because of everyone else that's on the shows. I love the days when he's not on the panels.

Nah. I've been following Collider Movies closely since MOS dropped. He doesn't hate Gadot, he just is really worried they went out and placed a core Justice League in the hands of someone completely unproven and with a really iffy acting talent (which the jury is still out, completely agree on him, it's a huge gamble to make).

He's also loved the SDCC trailer claiming it to be the best trailer in the last few years (I agree). He's starting to question it lately because that last trailer's tone was all over the place in his eyes. He's been anticipating this movie since it first launched... hell, I think he put BvS over Force Awakens if he had to choose between the two. However, since that last trailer, he's bumped down BvS as 2nd most anticipated movie of the year.

Nah. I've been following Collider Movies closely since MOS dropped. He doesn't hate Gadot, he just is really worried they went out and placed a core Justice League in the hands of someone completely unproven and with a really iffy acting talent (which the jury is still out, completely agree on him, it's a huge gamble to make).

There's "really worried" (which is understandable), and then there's this:

screen-shot-2013-12-05-at-3-20-35-pm.png

If he'd said what you said, "I'm kinda worried/iffy on the choice of Gadot, she doesn't have a ton of experience, she was kinda questionable in the F+F movies", that's perfectly fine. But that shit? "Marvel hires REAL actresses, DC got some underwear model." What is that?

i don't watch these lame youtube movie nerd videos, so i can't really comment on his thoughts.

still it's perfectly normal to have doubts about gadot. she looks great in the role (i had my doubts about it but the poster and that little trailer tease are nice) but the only reference we have of her is in fast and furious. and she's tied with jordana brewster as the least charismatic member of the crew.

makes tyrese look like denzel washington. the concern will be there until march. she seems to really be into the part though so who knows, might be good.

as for ray fisher...that man got great reviews playing muhammad ali on stage. and apparently he's so good he's the frontrunner for ang lee's next film about the boxer. so yeah i'm not as worried about him tbh.

Man, I miss those two months of Tyrese hungry for the Green Lantern role.

Watched some animated stuff, Flashpoint is so damn good. Last comic...the killing joke I think. Liked it, didn't love it.

Now we got SW out of the way, I expect WB to go all out. No holding back. Let Snyder do the next trailer to get people hyped again (tho they'll hate it no matter what).

I was already pretty wary of watching this trailer since the first one sold me, I'll probably skip the next one, guessing it will drop at Superbowl.

I'm guessing the marketing campaign will start a few weeks into January, Star Wars will probably have long legs and that's already doing a lot of work for marketing BvS.

Rewatching the nolan trilogy, kind of wish they could cast Liam Neeson in the DCEU, I like his mentor role quite a bit. I think he'd make an awesome Sinestro or Jay Garrick/Alan Scott.

bryanee

Yeah, no more trailers for me. I'm sold and I don't want to see anymore. I especially don't want any Wonder Woman action spoiled for me.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I miss those two months of Tyrese hungry for the Green Lantern role.

Oww yeah, that happened. That was fun. They'll probably go with an unknown is my guess.

I was already pretty wary of watching this trailer since the first one sold me, I'll probably skip the next one, guessing it will drop at Superbowl.

I'm guessing the marketing campaign will start a few weeks into January, Star Wars will probably have long legs and that's already doing a lot of work for marketing BvS.

Rewatching the nolan trilogy, kind of wish they could cast Liam Neeson in the DCEU, I like his mentor role quite a bit. I think he'd make an awesome Sinestro or Jay Garrick/Alan Scott.

I just know that I can't contain myself and watch it anyway, so yeah.

Neeson was great, but I think he said he was done with these movies (well unless you give him a good paycheck). The only actors I really want to see in the DCEU are Gosling and Fassbender. Kinda bummed the first one declined the role of the Joker and the latter is Magneto and probably won't/can't do it.

A lot more obscure stuff on there. I've only read secret six out of that list and I'd recommend that for those that enjoy the bad guy's side of the story like suicide squad. It's a bit more dark humor.

I've heard a lot of good things about secret identity, for all seasons, and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is a classic that comes with For the Man Who has Everything (if you remember the JLA episode with Mongul and Superman's dream).

Oww yeah, that happened. That was fun. They'll probably go with an unknown is my guess.

I just know that I can't contain myself and watch it anyway, so yeah.

Neeson was great, but I think he said he was done with these movies (well unless you give him a good paycheck). The only actors I really want to see in the DCEU are Gosling and Fassbender. Kinda bummed the first one declined the role of the Joker and the latter is Magneto and probably won't/can't do it.

Damn, that's disappointing to hear. I though I recalled him saying he'd like to reprise Ra's Al Ghul. I liked him in Darkman as well.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone read American Alien? Any good? It's written by Max Landis so I expect it to be shit ...

IconGrist

Anyone read American Alien? Any good? It's written by Max Landis so I expect it to be shit ...

Ive come to despise Max Landis over time. My friends think he's brilliant because of that Wrestling isn't Wrestling video (which I also thought was silly). I saw him on a Screen Junkies panel somewhat recently and had to turn it off (though SJ is usually bad and rarely do I last more than 40 minutes).

IconGrist

I want to check out that story where Superman and Wonder Woman get stuck fighting a war in Asgard for 1,000 years. Sounds interesting as hell.

Just got back from Star Wars. Saw both the Civil War trailer followed by the latest BvS trailer. Zero reaction to the CW trailer and some light laughs at Eisenberg's entrance in the BvS trailer. The audience was super quiet throughout the whole movie as well. Some claps when the movie ended so probably not a good judge of anything.

Also, I'm not a big Star Wars guy but the movie was really good so if you're on the fence go check it out.

My theater was loud and clapping, my audience was alive during the movie, they clapped and everything, they played both trailers back to back and almost zero reactions for Civil War, Batman got reactions...

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Watched SW today,they played the shortened SDCC trailer. No reaction. But then again there was no reaction to anything: not the opening crawl, not some of the moments, not the ending. Also played the Deadpool trailer and nothing. I do have to say that in the Netherlands it's extermely rare for crowds to really react to movies, so there is that. Different mentality to it all, people just enjoy it internally and don't really show it.

Senoculum

Looks like the comments section largely didn't take the bait and doesn't agree with her and are even calling her out on what she wrote.

I want to do the same, but I'm not singing in to yet another ad-reliant company that wants access to my tweets and facebook messages.

a916

There's "really worried" (which is understandable), and then there's this:

If he'd said what you said, "I'm kinda worried/iffy on the choice of Gadot, she doesn't have a ton of experience, she was kinda questionable in the F+F movies", that's perfectly fine. But that shit? "Marvel hires REAL actresses, DC got some underwear model." What is that?

I don't have Facebook so that makes sense why I didn't see any of this... but I'm not sure how it's sexist... he said he'd have the same reaction if they got the same actor for Batman (no experience besides modeling and questionable acting thus far). She is a fashion model isn't she not? It's a fair reason to criticize WB. Why not get someone who's an acting powerhouse to really nail that role like Charlize Theron?

Also, you can bet your ass people would riot in the streets if they got Sam Worthington or someone of that ilk to play Batman. DC fans would riot. Not even for her sake or DC's sake, I hope for Wonder Woman's sake that she nails that role. I don't want her to be the weak link in the DC Trinity. I want a powerful female super hero that stands equal to Batman and Superman.

https://twitter.com/johncampea/status/677929788267503617?s=09

Campea was the guy I was talking about. Seems like complete bullshit or a very fanboy filled audience. And yeah he's kinda shitty, Harloff and Schnepp are the only ones I like now that Malone and Amirose are not on there anymore. Campea rants are boring, Dennis is okay, everyone else...meh.

Probably reading too much into it... unless he flat out lied, he was stating what happened in his theater. This is the same Star Wars crowd that booed every trailer before Phantom Menace dropped... we've had lots of accounts of people cheering. Hell me and my brother were like wtf, where's our BvS trailer.

I think a lot of people don't know or forget that she auditioned with Affleck reading opposite her. If Affleck didn't like her I doubt she would have been cast.

Yeah, and Snyder has said that too. Campea has qualified that as well saying that we have no idea what happened and she clearly won the role by acting side by side with Affleck. She got Affleck's approval too.

IconGrist

I think a lot of people don't know or forget that she auditioned with Affleck reading opposite her. If Affleck didn't like her I doubt she would have been cast.

bryanee

Doesn't filming the JLA start soon though? I hope GL is in it and if he is I'd imagine we would hear something sooner rather than later unless you mean the GL movie.

Pre-production begins in January. Filming some months after. Who knows if we hear news of an actor or actress for GL next month. Or, along the lines of Wonder Woman, we learn it closer to filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom