• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Toys "R" Us is getting a metallic 2-pack of the Batman and Superman Funko Pop! figures.

gaXy5mJ.jpg

Edit: More Pop!'s

Looks like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Knightmare Soldier, Knightmare Batman, Aquaman, and blue Aquaman. The rest there are Star Wars figures.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squad-trailer-to-debut-during-batman-v-superman-special-on-cw/

Two-hour special airing in January will also feature inside look at “Legends of Tomorrow” and future DC franchise movies
The CW is dedicating a whole night to Warner Bros’ catalog of upcoming DC comic book adaptations, with a brand new “Suicide Squad” trailer set to debut during the two-hour block of programming.
“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Their Time Is Now” will give an in-depth look at the network’s “Arrow”-“The Flash” spinoff series, while “DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League” will preview “Batman v Superman” and other upcoming films on the slate.
The two DC specials will air Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 8 p.m. on The CW.
More to come…

BvS special and Suicide Squad trailer. Just do it you guys, I can handle it:

yngcs51fhablcib7pipr.jpg

I should have seen that coming. Haha.

Anyway, I'm guessing it'll be The Flash at 8 PM, then the Legends of Tomorrow special at 9 PM, and the Dawn of the Justice League special at 9:30 PM.

My Target got in two of the three Lego sets, so I snagged the Batmobile one. Also got the item numbers for the action figures whenever we get those in stock.

Yeah, that's what I was guessing, too.

Agent Carter has a two-hour premiere at the same time as all of this, so I don't know what to watch. Tuesday's are way overstuffed with things to watch.

Penguin

Yeah, that's what I was guessing, too.

Agent Carter has a two-hour premiere at the same time as all of this, so I don't know what to watch. Tuesday's are way overstuffed with things to watch.

Not sure if it makes it better or easier for you, but AC is 2 hours from 9-11

So could maybe DVR first hour and catch up on it during the 2nd hour

Oh 9-11? Well, at least The Flash is safe. I don't have DVR, and my brothers (who I watch all of this with) will surely want to watch Agent Carter.

They'd probably be afraid of spoilers for Legends of Tomorrow, and neither one is really looking forward to Batman v Superman (or the rest of the movies). My younger brother is iffy about what he's seen, though he's hoping the movie is good, and my older brother seems to hate it all, and I don't think he wants to watch it. They both make fun of it often. I'm the only one that's excited for the movie.

ryan299

This throwaway on Reddit gave a review of the film after an advanced screening. Take with a grain of salt

Heres the full thread

Guy says
Hal Jordan is in a big drone fight at the end. Then reveals himself as GL at the end. Played by Dan Amboyer. Never heard of him.
I doubt this is true.

strafer

This throwaway on Reddit gave a review of the film after an advanced screening. Take with a grain of salt

Heres the full thread

Guy says
Hal Jordan is in a big drone fight at the end. Then reveals himself as GL at the end. Played by Dan Amboyer. Never heard of him.
I doubt this is true.

I call the biggest bullshit ever.

EDIT: On the other hand, after some reading, it might be legit.

I'll also add, speaking as a person well versed in BS leaks, I'd say this is the first believable BvS leak. Not to preclude the possibility it is a well made fake.

The overall review looked like shit pieced together from the trailers, but the individual answers seemed pretty convincing. Although, i am confused if
The Knightmare sequence is PTSD. Why would Bruce dream about those flying things? I was convinced its a vision Wonder Woman has, and maybe Superman is under mind control in it.

What makes this more believable than other rumors? Pretty much everything I read I read somewhere else as a theory.

Edit: Fuck me, this guy is hyping me way too much.

Edit2: Made a thread

The overall review looked like shit pieced together from the trailers, but the individual answers seemed pretty convincing. Although, i am confused if
The Knightmare sequence is PTSD. Why would Bruce dream about those flying things? I was convinced its a vision Wonder Woman has, and maybe Superman is under mind control in it.

It is suspect the more I read. If nothing else, the person did their research on how to avoiding directly contradicting known facts. Last popular leak was BS out the gate.

Okay, reading
Vic Stone becomes Cyborg and fights in BvS is overplaying his hand.

bryanee

Some of the stuff he says lines up with what that other leaker said the other week on IMDB and then some stuff doesn't.

strafer

This is the biggest tell. That guys a no-name, and yet he's coming out saying
Dan Amboyer is playing Green Lantern
. A semi casual wouldn't name him, would just say. "Hey, he shows up! Didn't recognise the guy playing him though". Thats when you realise the knowledge is pieced together by someone following rumours.

But...but Wikipedia says it's true.

Arnie7

Banned
Some non spoiler reactions:

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor -
“Multi-layered, reminds me of Heath’s Joker. He stole every scene he was in, and left you wanting more. I loved how much I hated him.”

On overall impressions of the film -

“There were about 20-30 of us during the screening, but everyone was cheering and happy with the film. I believe this film will be critically praised, naysayers will eat their words. It is that good.”

“It will win the general audience over and instill faith on the DC brand, helping the solo films.”

“BvS is the greatest comic book movie since The Dark Knight.”

Yeah, not buying it. He says that Batman
places Superman in a kryptonite cell
. I dunno, this sounds too goofy for me, hoping it isn't true.

strafer

I can guarantee that there is someone on GAF that's seen a press screening and is angrily pulling his hair because he can't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom