• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a meaningless complaint used to reinforce a negative opinion. Ensemble casts have been a thing for the longest damn time. If people literally needed an example, both Guardians & Star Wars TFA just introduced multiple completely new characters. It's pointless to go out and address that concern because it will just shift into another complaint, when the core point is some people don't want to like the movie.

Besides Cyborg, everybody should know these characters from pop culture. I don't know where the problem is tbh.

Lombaszko

Besides Cyborg, everybody should know these characters from pop culture. I don't know where the problem is tbh.

And even Cyborg can be given a very quick backstory. If you've read the New 52 Justice League book, they introduce the whole team and have a big battle in just six issues. I hope they take some inspiration from that book and just jump right in.

So, does this new reddit leak confirm or deny the other leak we had a while ago?

Are you talking about the IMDB woman or another leak?

As for the solo movie stuff, I think it's just diehard fans trying to speak for the general audience when there is evidence to suggest the general audience really doesn't care about all of these solo films. There is enough working knowledge in pop culture that lets most people enjoy these films and the people without that pop culture knowledge likely know someone who does who will quickly fill them in.

jett

D-Member
Are you talking about the IMDB woman or another leak?

As for the solo movie stuff, I think it's just diehard fans trying to speak for the general audience when there is evidence to suggest the general audience really doesn't care about all of these solo films. There is enough working knowledge in pop culture that lets most people enjoy these films and the people without that pop culture knowledge likely know someone who does who will quickly fill them in.

It was some leak that described the entire movie, I don't remember the source, I think it was Reddit too.

Penguin

It was some leak that described the entire movie, I don't remember the source, I think it was Reddit too.

To my knowledge

-There's the fake script
-There's the script review on 4Chan
-There's the early movie review on Reddit
-Now this review on reddit
-IMDB Review of the film

Think those are the 4 or so versions of BvS floating about.

A whole bunch of t-shirts and stuff: http://www.merchoid.com/batman-vs-superman-official-merchandise/
s9KFWB4.jpg
WsDMMpo.jpg

DRqjpRt.jpg
RHk78r9.jpg

BieICnk.jpg
1U9iWAK.jpg

LtQ8aRf.jpg
MDoJkxi.jpg

otKpnDN.jpg
muQEUnw.jpg

B9ZTfo4.jpg
aCQXHyT.jpg

anZ6cN0.jpg
F7DUExV.jpg

XiCbOSZ.jpg
UQw7CW9.jpg

Really dig the Superman ink-splattery tee and the Batman bashing one.

The suit looking ones are just awful tho.

EDIT: Oh, and I really hope that bottom right Wondy design is on a men's shirt somewhere. That's bitching.

Some more toy reviews: DC Multiverse Wonder Woman, DC Multiverse Superman, Epic Strike Batmobile and Batman/Superman/Lex Luthor 3-pack, Armored Batman voice changer helmet, 12" Armored Batman, Mighty Mini blind bag figures

I'm disappointed that the voice changer helmet is just a mask. I used to have the Darth Vader voice changer (lost it in rented storage), and that was a full helmet, and it was awesome.

Anyway, my younger brother is gonna pick up some stuff for me in the morning from the Target he works at if he finds anything. I'll post pics of anything I get.

Some more toy reviews: DC Multiverse Wonder Woman, DC Multiverse Superman, Epic Strike Batmobile and Batman/Superman/Lex Luthor 3-pack, Armored Batman voice changer helmet, 12" Armored Batman

My younger brother is gonna pick up some stuff for me in the morning from the Target he works at if he finds anything. I'll post pics of anything I get.

All we have on file (so far) is the two Lego sets (not the $70 one), and generic tags for the standard and deluxe action figures. Dunno if that will change come tomorrow.

Well, what I really want are the deluxe DC Multiverse figures. Hopefully his store gets those in. If not, I'll stop by Toys "R" Us or something.

From what I've read online, it sounds like Superman and Wonder Woman have much lower shipments than the Batman's. Here's hoping we can find those.

I also kinda want the basic Aquaman and that 3-pack (for Lex). I might end up getting a basic Batman, since the deluxe one doesn't fit in the Batmobile (which I got over the weekend) properly thanks to his plastic cape. Hell, if I get all of those, I might as well get the basic Wonder Woman, too. Haha.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
84 days
84 days
84 days

I was never this excited for something.

Target and Walmart didn't have any Batman v Superman stuff, besides one of those early posters...and barely any DC stuff, besides clothes, which there was a lot of. Gonna stop by Toys "R" Us later.

I did find some Avengers figures I wanted, though...

This is the year that we finally get to see this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-iGPHD1RBE

Henry Lennix reading an excerpt from The Dark Knight Returns when this movie was announced over 2 years ago....

Feels like ages.

News leaking and rumors circulating minutes before the confirmation were fun. The "is it really happening?" vibe.

Following months of speculation on Batman's actor were fun, too. I heard Bale got offered $50mil to return!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up all the Batman figs from the movie at toys r us. Found a different 60's Adam West figure as well and another Joker from the newer series run of the comics (same line as the tv Flash and Arrow figs), they didn't have the Batman from that series though.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, want those t-shirts. Think I''ll buy like 3 of them.

Anyway, let's predict some stuff. Based on the trailers/rumours/interviews/'leaks' and whatnot. Put it in a spoiler tag just in case:

-Batman was obviously there during the invasion. We see him on the phone, so he's talking to one of his workers at Wayne Tower. I'll go Lucius Fox. Based on nothing really, but I think it will help sell the conflict more than just employee number 402 getting rekt. The general audience know who he is (Nolanverse) so yeah. Also it would showcase that this Batman has already seen shit and to top it off now his friend gets killed.

-Alfred is going to work actively against Bruce in some cases, we already know they have heated discussions (read it in an interview) and could hear/see it in the trailer.

-I'll go Oracle for Jena Malone.

-Jason Todd is dead and Tim Drake is alive. No way WB is going with 'Dick' for their active (or dead) Robin. We don't see him because he's off doing some mission or something like that.

-Lex kidnapped Lois and that is why Superman bows to him and even does stuff for him.

-If this is indeed taking place 3 years after the events of MoS, I don't think that court scene is for what happened in MoS. So what is it? Maybe something to do with that Russian rocket?

-There are at least 3 parties or something like that: we have screenshots of Gal Gadot in that red dress, one in some white dress with Battfleck behind her and another one where she is dressed nicely with this golden necklace. So maybe Wayne is trying to get closer/know her? And eventually he find out she is WW.

-I do think the part about two fights is true. One without the armor and one with the armor. Question is what triggers the first fight and how it is resolved. I'll go with the rumour that Battfleck steals some Kryptonite from LexCorp and Supes catches him soon after the robbery.

Damn, want those t-shirts. Think I''ll buy like 3 of them.

Anyway, let's predict some stuff. Based on the trailers/rumours/interviews/'leaks' and whatnot. Put it in a spoiler tag just in case:

-I do think the part about two fights is true. One without the armor and one with the armor. Question is what triggers the first fight and how it is resolved. I'll go with the rumour that Battfleck steals some Kryptonite from LexCorp and Supes catches him soon after the robbery.

I'll speak to this one and throw in my speculation based on the trailers:

I think the first "encounter" will take place at the docks/warehouse. We've seen the quick cuts of Batman in the regular suit fighting folks in the warehouse and we've seen some behind-the-scenes photos too. I think Batman is just straight ghosting fools based on initial teaser where the Batwing strafes the trucks with goons in them. Superman is sick of his shit and looks to put a stop to it and a chase begins with Batman in the Batmobile, you see it in the most recent trailer where it drifts around the corner towards Superman standing on the ground. I think it ends with the footage from the end of the Comic Con trailer. Superman causes Batman to crash, rips the doors off, Bruce shows he's not scared of him by going eye-to-eye with him, and that's when Clark realizes it's Bruce with his vision and just leaves. There is a shot in the Comic Con trailer with Superman looking back at something on fire with a "Huh" face, which looks like the same location as the end of that trailer.

I throw one out there:
Something happens at the Capital. When Superman lands, you see Lois standing behind the railing :)15 seconds in the CC trailer, three people to the right of the cop) and in the same trailer there is a shot of everyone cowering with Lois standing up in awe as if something big just happened (2:33 in the CC trailer). It looks like she is wearing the same thing and its the same protest. In other words, I think that one Reddit leak that mentions this might be the most legit out of all of them. I think it's said that an explosion happens there and General Swanwick dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom