• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

LWtuzB7.jpg
This "Epic Battle" Superman looks pretty badass.

IconGrist

I'm going to call bullshit on this too. Sounded good but anyone decent at lying can spot another liar a mile away. There's too many lie tropes. His opening post was literally nothing but a rehash of prominent rumors. Posts talking about specific scenes come off as trying to sell you rather than being a description.

Some non spoiler reactions:

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor -
“Multi-layered, reminds me of Heath’s Joker. He stole every scene he was in, and left you wanting more. I loved how much I hated him.”

On overall impressions of the film -

“There were about 20-30 of us during the screening, but everyone was cheering and happy with the film. I believe this film will be critically praised, naysayers will eat their words. It is that good.”

“It will win the general audience over and instill faith on the DC brand, helping the solo films.”

“BvS is the greatest comic book movie since The Dark Knight.”

These exact quotes are what made me think it was bullshit

These exact quotes are what made me think it was bullshit

It was
Batman hauling Superman back to the Batcave and locking him in a krptonite cell and Batman having a huge smile on his face while branding criminals
that did it for me.

Also, it's a rehash of a very old rumor
Superman battling robots created by Lex while Batman deals with the computer system operating them.

IconGrist

Why do BvS threads even get made? At this point I assume most of the movie's detractors have something saved in Notepad and just copy/paste/submit.

inm8num2

That reads like way too much shit packed into the third act. I agree the guy probably pieced that together from various rumors/leaks.

IconGrist

I've been tempted a few times, just to see if it really is the same people, but it just feels so desperate and sad :p

I'm a stay at home parent and on the weekends they stay with my mother so if there is an interest in it maybe I will oblige but if no one cares I won't bother. It's not really all that sad as it could lead to some interesting statistics.

Maddocks

Things we know is... batman is tired of Gotham's shit, he's pissed and tired and mean. He wouldn't smile at branding people.

ReiGun

The third act stuff sounds like a little too much.
Just thinking about it pragmatically, if the entire League was in the movie, there's no way they wouldn't have been revealed and had toys on the shelves.
Biggest thing making me doubt it.

Yager

Banned
Some non spoiler reactions:

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor -
“Multi-layered, reminds me of Heath’s Joker. He stole every scene he was in, and left you wanting more. I loved how much I hated him.”

On overall impressions of the film -

“There were about 20-30 of us during the screening, but everyone was cheering and happy with the film. I believe this film will be critically praised, naysayers will eat their words. It is that good.”

“It will win the general audience over and instill faith on the DC brand, helping the solo films.”

“BvS is the greatest comic book movie since The Dark Knight.”

I want to believe.

GeeTeeCee

I don't get the whole "everyone should have an origin movie before we see the team-up" argument. Black Widow showed up in Iron Man 2, Hawkeye appeared for like 20 seconds in Thor, yet we managed to get through both of these films without our heads exploding in confusion. But no, one introduction to a character isn't enough, we need an introduction to the introduction before we can move forward with the story.

I don't understand how a character like Wonder Woman turning up in BvS is any different to Black Widow in IM2 - a prelude to the main event. I think the notion that "everyone must has origin because Marvel" is getting a little overplayed. Give the audience a little credit to figure things out on their own, without the need to spend several years leading them up to it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You could have just linked to every thread here. If the film does surpass all the low expectations, the internets probably going to break in anger.

True, but this one is my favorite. People never learn and it was fun to see the same thing (and worse) all over again. And once again, even before the movie is out, people eating crow. Can't wait till WB's next pick that will upset the internet.

I don't get the whole "everyone should have an origin movie before we see the team-up" argument. Black Widow showed up in Iron Man 2, Hawkeye appeared for like 20 seconds in Thor, yet we managed to get through both of these films without our heads exploding in confusion. But no, one introduction to a character isn't enough, we need an introduction to the introduction before we can move forward with the story.

I don't understand how a character like Wonder Woman turning up in BvS is any different to Black Widow in IM2 - a prelude to the main event. I think the notion that "everyone must has origin because Marvel" is getting a little overplayed. Give the audience a little credit to figure things out on their own, without the need to spend several years leading them up to it.

It's a meaningless complaint used to reinforce a negative opinion. Ensemble casts have been a thing for the longest damn time. If people literally needed an example, both Guardians & Star Wars TFA just introduced multiple completely new characters. It's pointless to go out and address that concern because it will just shift into another complaint, when the core point is some people don't want to like the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom