• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Damn, want those t-shirts. Think I''ll buy like 3 of them.

Anyway, let's predict some stuff. Based on the trailers/rumours/interviews/'leaks' and whatnot. Put it in a spoiler tag just in case:

-Batman was obviously there during the invasion. We see him on the phone, so he's talking to one of his workers at Wayne Tower. I'll go Lucius Fox. Based on nothing really, but I think it will help sell the conflict more than just employee number 402 getting rekt. The general audience know who he is (Nolanverse) so yeah. Also it would showcase that this Batman has already seen shit and to top it off now his friend gets killed.

Response:
I think either Fox or talking to Alfred back in Gotham (who may be worried about Bruce's safety due to him being at ground zero).

-Alfred is going to work actively against Bruce in some cases, we already know they have heated discussions (read it in an interview) and could hear/see it in the trailer.

Response:
I think they will just, at first, disagree about Superman.

-I'll go Oracle for Jena Malone.

Response:
I'm still not entirely convinced she's actually in the movie but if she is I think Barbara/Oracle is a safe bet.

-Jason Todd is dead and Tim Drake is alive. No way WB is going with 'Dick' for their active (or dead) Robin. We don't see him because he's off doing some mission or something like that.

Response:
I think Tim doesn't exist and Dick is active as Nightwing. Possibly on an under cover mission in Suicide Squad.

-Lex kidnapped Lois and that is why Superman bows to him and even does stuff for him.

Response:
I have no clue so I'll just go with your theory, lol.

-If this is indeed taking place 3 years after the events of MoS, I don't think that court scene is for what happened in MoS. So what is it? Maybe something to do with that Russian rocket?

Response:
Was it 3 years? I thought it was 8 months. Hmm.

-There are at least 3 parties or something like that: we have screenshots of Gal Gadot in that red dress, one in some white dress with Battfleck behind her and another one where she is dressed nicely with this golden necklace. So maybe Wayne is trying to get closer/know her? And eventually he find out she is WW.

Response:
I think only the red dress and fancy dress with Affleck are parties. The white suit may be her going to a meeting of some sort.

-I do think the part about two fights is true. One without the armor and one with the armor. Question is what triggers the first fight and how it is resolved. I'll go with the rumour that Battfleck steals some Kryptonite from LexCorp and Supes catches him soon after the robbery.

Response:
I'm going to go with the first encounter happens because Superman's pissed about that criminal being branded.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'll speak to this one and throw in my speculation based on the trailers:

I think the first "encounter" will take place at the docks/warehouse. We've seen the quick cuts of Batman in the regular suit fighting folks in the warehouse and we've seen some behind-the-scenes photos too. I think Batman is just straight ghosting fools based on initial teaser where the Batwing strafes the trucks with goons in them. Superman is sick of his shit and looks to put a stop to it and a chase begins with Batman in the Batmobile, you see it in the most recent trailer where it drifts around the corner towards Superman standing on the ground. I think it ends with the footage from the end of the Comic Con trailer. Superman causes Batman to crash, rips the doors off, Bruce shows he's not scared of him by going eye-to-eye with him, and that's when Clark realizes it's Bruce with his vision and just leaves. There is a shot in the Comic Con trailer with Superman looking back at something on fire with a "Huh" face, which looks like the same location as the end of that trailer.

Link to the behind the scenes photos with the warehouse/docks fight? Dunno about Bats killing, Snyder is always pretty faithful to the source material and I don’t think he’ll choose to make Bats a killer. Nor would WB allow him. He and Goyer already had a pretty hard time convincing Nolan to let Superman kill. Let alone Batman. I still think those goons are Luthors men and the complex/warehouse/docks is where Bats infiltrates to retrieve the Kryptonite. But it could be just him going after some random criminals or something like that and that Superman is indeed sick of it and tries to stop him. That part with Superman turning back and looking, I think it is Batman saying something to him before he leaves.

I throw one out there:

Something happens at the Capital. When Superman lands, you see Lois standing behind the railing :)15 seconds in the CC trailer, three people to the right of the cop) and in the same trailer there is a shot of everyone cowering with Lois standing up in awe as if something big just happened (2:33 in the CC trailer). It looks like she is wearing the same thing and its the same protest. In other words, I think that one Reddit leak that mentions this might be the most legit out of all of them. I think it's said that an explosion happens there and General Swanwick dies.

That was Lois? Not just some random extra? Can’t really make it out tbh. I thought that moment was her at that rocket launch, that thing exploding and Superman saving it. If that Reddit leak is right about that, that whole thing must be true.

I think either Fox or talking to Alfred back in Gotham (who may be worried about Bruce's safety due to him being at ground zero)

Could be, but I think the fact that he is yelling at that point is just one of his employees desperately calling for help. Imagine that, he/she is helpless and for maybe the first time in many years Wayne feels incompetent. Hearing someone you know cry for help on the phone and not being able to do anything. That would screw him up for quite a bit.

I think they will just, at first, disagree about Superman.

Sure, but I wouldn’t put it past them to really separate this Alfred from Caine’s version. They already said this one is more hands-on. He is seeing this as a suicide mission and he’d do everything in his powers to stop him from getting killed. One of those things could be him working against Wayne in some way.

I'm still not entirely convinced she's actually in the movie but if she is I think Barbara/Oracle is a safe bet.

She’s on the cast list, so yeah. I’ll go with Barbara/Oracle.

I think Tim doesn't exist and Dick is active as Nightwing. Possibly on an under cover mission in Suicide Squad.

Scott Eastwood as Dick then? Could be, I just don’t expect WB to have a character named Dick be one of the important players in this universe. So that is why I go with Tim.

I have no clue so I'll just go with your theory, lol.

Well, in the SDCC trailer we see Supes bowing for Luthor. Why would he do that? In the most recent trailer we see Luthor with Lois, so just based on that really

Was it 3 years? I thought it was 8 months. Hmm

One of the rumours was 3 years, dunno where I read that exactly. I think IMDB or something like that and then it popped up several more times. But 8 months would make more sense yeah.

I think only the red dress and fancy dress with Affleck are parties. The white suit may be her going to a meeting of some sort.

What could that meeting be? Maybe she is also attending the court hearing?

Shit, do I have the right clearance level with the government to read this thread?

The most recent string of spoilers are just a few of us throwing out our own ideas based on what we've seen so far. I think the spoiler tags come from the notion "Shit, what if I end up being right?"

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The most recent string of spoilers are just a few of us throwing out our own ideas based on what we've seen so far. I think the spoiler tags come from the notion "Shit, what if I end up being right?"

Oh I know. Just joking because it's starting to look like a redacted CIA freedom of information document in here.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe, yeah just in case. Don't wanna fuck it up for someone (if some of these things turn out to be true).

Link to the behind the scenes photos with the warehouse/docks fight? Dunno about Bats killing, Snyder is always pretty faithful to the source material and I don’t think he’ll choose to make Bats a killer. Nor would WB allow him. He and Goyer already had a pretty hard time convincing Nolan to let Superman kill. Let alone Batman. I still think those goons are Luthors men and the complex/warehouse/docks is where Bats infiltrates to retrieve the Kryptonite. But it could be just him going after some random criminals or something like that and that Superman is indeed sick of it and tries to stop him. That part with Superman turning back and looking, I think it is Batman saying something to him before he leaves.

That was Lois? Not just some random extra? Can’t really make it out tbh. I thought that moment was her at that rocket launch, that thing exploding and Superman saving it. If that Reddit leak is right about that, that whole thing must be true.

Response 1:
I hope these aren't scans or something and I end up getting banned. I'm pretty sure they were posted in other threads. I was just talking about these two images when it comes to the warehouse fight we see a split second of in the trailers.

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/Batman-V-Superman.jpeg

http://images.techtimes.com/data/im...awn-of-justice-behind-the-scenes-02.jpg?w=600

I don't think Batman will end up killing people, but the Batwing coming through and firing on the goons in the truck with the turret on the back and the grunts standing next to it speaks for itself. I think we are going to see an absolutely brutal Batman at the start of this film that is walked back to the Batman everyone knows over the course of this film and films in the future.

Response 2:
I don't know if it's her or not, but it sure as hell looks like her.

My terrible attempts at capturing the two shots.
http://i.imgur.com/zE7ZAod.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ntRXhvw.jpg

I think the areas match. She's next to the barrier and about the same distance down it in both shots. The one sign you see in the close-up of her with "US" in it, appears to be in the wide shot, but its hard to say for certain with the DOF in the shot. It's the one thing I picked up on when I saw the trailer, but never saw someone mention it until the Reddit leak about that particular location.

I apologize if this is getting annoying for anyone.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Response 1:
I hope these aren't scans or something and I end up getting banned. I'm pretty sure they were posted in other threads. I was just talking about these two images when it comes to the warehouse fight we see a split second of in the trailers.

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/Batman-V-Superman.jpeg

http://images.techtimes.com/data/im...awn-of-justice-behind-the-scenes-02.jpg?w=600

I don't think Batman will end up killing people, but the Batwing coming through and firing on the goons in the truck with the turret on the back and the grunts standing next to it speaks for itself. I think we are going to see an absolutely brutal Batman at the start of this film that is walked back to the Batman everyone knows over the course of this film and films in the future.

Response 2:
I don't know if it's her or not, but it sure as hell looks like her.

My terrible attempts at capturing the two shots.
http://i.imgur.com/zE7ZAod.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ntRXhvw.jpg

I think the areas match. She's next to the barrier and about the same distance down it in both shots. The one sign you see in the close-up of her with "US" in it, appears to be in the wide shot, but its hard to say for certain with the DOF in the shot. It's the one thing I picked up on when I saw the trailer, but never saw someone mention it until the Reddit leak about that particular location.

I apologize if this is getting annoying for anyone.

Holy shit, I didn't believe the Reddit leak but this kinda changes things...

So if that Reddit leak is right about the explosion.....guys I think that shit is real....unless that person just guessed (with those images) in which case: bravo. But damn, really doubting it now whether is is real or not.

Holy shit, I didn't believe the Reddit leak but this kinda changes things...

So if that Reddit leak is right about the explosion.....guys I think that shit is real....unless that person just guessed (with those images) in which case: bravo. But damn, really doubting it now whether is is real or not.

Those two shots are what always rattled around in the back of my head when I questioned the validity of that leaked description because I never saw someone mention a link between those two shots until that description hit the internet.

EDIT: It should be noted, I'm not talking about the recent one where the person was doing an AMA, I'm talking about the huge description dump that happened a few months back. When the AMA leaker talked about this situation, it was generally in the context of leading questions based on the description dump leak that previously happened.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, one thing. Reading that
reddit leak again and he describes the second fight. This is what he says about the second part: Batman pulls out a grenade launcher and begins to start shooting at Superman, but it does no damage. Superman, hovering in front of Batman, grabs him and throws the weapon away. Superman begins to start tearing up the suit, pulling out the chest piece and taking off the helmet and crushing it with his bare arms

But in the most recent trailer, you see Batman punching Superman and him bleeding out of his nose. But he still has the helmet. Unless it's not the same moment? But then I would say he says that at that point Supes bleed...dunno.

JWPRcUM.png

EDIT: It should be noted, I'm not talking about the recent one where the person was doing an AMA, I'm talking about the huge description dump that happened a few months back. When the AMA leaker talked about this situation, it was generally in the context of leading questions based on the description dump leak that previously happened.

Was that the r/movies leak?

Damn fine shirt.

Also kicking off the new year, with hope in my heart

CXpLRg3WsAAurKw.jpg

I really like Ed McGuiness's art style, kinda wish we got an ongoing cartoon series in that style. I'ma have to watch that again.

Wonder if Vixen's #'s hit the target goal they were expecting. Kind of want more cartoons that lead into appearances in Arrowverse. Really hoping this new JLA series is both good and gets enough viewers.

I checked Target, Walmart, some toy stores at the mall, Hot Topic, GameStop, ThinkGeek, and Toys "R" Us. Only the latter had anything. Here's what they had at the Toys "R" Us by the Florida Mall in Orlando:

No DC Multiverse 6" figures, no basic Superman, and no Wonder Woman action figures.

I ended up getting these:

I'm tired of driving around, so I'm just gonna have my younger brother pick up anything his Target store gets. Hopefully he can find a Wonder Woman.

Penguin

So I know we've seen it before, but does it confirm Luthor's Power Armor?

And did any of these plot leaks mention him in his Power Armor?

shingi70

Banned
I checked Target, Walmart, some toy stores at the mall, Hot Topic, GameStop, ThinkGeek, and Toys "R" Us. Only the latter had anything. Here's what they had at the Toys "R" Us by the Florida Mall in Orlando:

No DC Multiverse 6" figures, no basic Superman, and no Wonder Woman action figures.

I ended up getting these:

I'm tired of driving around, so I'm just gonna have my younger brother pick up anything his Target store gets. Hopefully he can find a Wonder Woman.

What are the figures to the left of the three pack you bought?

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into any of the toys. These things are never accurate, except for the super-expensive high-detail ones.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't try to figure out plot points from them :p

Some pics of the figures I got:
The Superman in that 3-pack has a really cheap cape.
Here's the basic Batman movie figure next to a Batman figure from 2003 when Mattel first got the DC license.

I wish they had the 6" DC Multiverse ones I wanted. Those are like the DC Universe Classics from a few years ago, and like the Marvel Legends figures. But alas, the pegs for them were empty. Heh. But, for the price of two of those, I got five figures, so I guess I can't complain.

A much better look at the Funko Pop! figures. If Instagram is anything to go off of, these are already available. I didn't see any at the stores I went to do, though.

Nice. I like how you recreated the stare down over the Batmobile. lol

That Babs back there is splendid.

Hehe. Thanks. I also posted a joke version a few pages ago, before I got the movie figures and just had the Batmobile.

The Batgirl is the Greg Capullo version from DC Collectibles. I got her at GameStop during the Batman Day sale for about $10 or $12. I saw that series of figures on sale again at one of the GameStop's I went to at the mall while looking for the movie figures.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the armored Batman in the 3-pack has a removable helmet.

GeeTeeCee

The Aquaman Funko looks like it's doing Khal Drogo's "come at me bro" moment from Game of Thrones. I am okay with this.

I'm almost certain to pick up that BvS Batman Funko to go along with my other comic book ones (Arkham Batman & Arrowverse Deathstroke).

Platy

One of the things that made me believe even less the Reddit leak is .... If the rest of the justice league appears as much as Aquaman ... Where are their toys ? =P

Tabby

One of the things that made me believe even less the Reddit leak is .... If the rest of the justice league appears as much as Aquaman ... Where are their toys ? =P

That and I really do doubt Zack Snyder would just have GL, Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman all show up at the end for no reason.

I doubt even Aquaman has much of a role. Perhaps Snyder released that image just because he really likes the design they used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom