• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - THE SOUNDTRACK

FEATURES COLLABORATION BETWEEN HANS ZIMMER & JUNKIE XL

AVAILABLE ON CD, DELUXE 2 CD SET,
LIMITED EDITION 3 DISC VINYL DELUXE AND DIGITAL FORMATS

SOUNDTRACK RELEASES MARCH 18

JANUARY 15, 2016 – Los Angeles, CA - WaterTower Music announced today the March 18 release of the soundtrack to the upcoming feature film “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” a collaborative effort by film composers Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL (aka Tom Holkenborg). Available digitally, on CD, 2-disc deluxe CD, and on Limited Edition 3-disc deluxe vinyl, the first public sample of the music has been made available HERE, and the album is now available for preorder. The 2-CD deluxe package, the digital deluxe version, and the 3-disc deluxe vinyl set feature over 90 minutes of music, five bonus tracks, an exclusive fold-out poster and liner notes from the composers. Additionally, the vinyl set features etched vinyl art and an album download card.

“Junkie XL is an incredibly insightful film composer. It was a perfect idea for us to work together on the ‘Batman v Superman’ score,” explained Academy-Award-winning composer Zimmer. Grammy nominee Junkie XL showed equal excitement at the pairing, saying, “Hans has an incredible legacy, and I was extremely thrilled when he approached me to work on ‘Batman v Superman’ with him.”

The composers discussed their close working relationship with director Zack Snyder. “Zack allows us to try things we haven’t tried before. He’s very supportive of the eccentricities that we bring to this,” says Zimmer. Junkie XL concurred. “He’s very open and accepting of our ideas, and infuses the creative process with an energy that inspires you.”

"Hans and Tom (Junkie XL) created an incredibly compelling and interesting new musical world for Batman, while continuing to expand on the amazing world and themes Hans had previously created for Superman,” noted director Zack Snyder. “By aligning their vision with my perspective and seeing the characters anew through the lens of the film they were able to support the visual aspects of movie in a way that elevates the film to another level. In so many ways, they become the final texture, the final note in the process of creating the world.”

“This electrifying collaboration brings us such brilliant new character themes,”
commented WaterTower Music head Jason Linn, “While we've been fortunate to work several times with both composers individually, this experience has been uniquely thrilling.”

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be released March 18. It is now available for pre-order at iTunes. The Deluxe CD and Deluxe Vinyl versions will soon be available for preorder. The track list is as follows:

Beautiful Lie
Their War Here
The Red Capes Are Coming
Day Of The Dead
Must There Be A Superman?
New Rules
Do You Bleed?
Problems Up Here
Black and Blue
Tuesday
Is She With You?
This Is My World
Men Are Still Good (The Batman Suite)
Blood Of My Blood (Bonus Track)**
Vigilante (Bonus Track)**
May I Help You, Mr. Wayne? (Bonus Track)**
They Were Hunters (Bonus Track)**
Fight Night (Bonus Track)**

** On deluxe versions only

About the Film
From director Zack Snyder comes “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” starring Oscar winner Ben Affleck (“Argo”) as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent in the characters’ first big-screen pairing.

The film also stars Oscar nominees Amy Adams (“American Hustle”) as Lois Lane, Jesse Eisenberg (“The Social Network”) as Lex Luthor, Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) as Martha Kent, and Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as Perry White; Oscar winners Jeremy Irons (“Reversal of Fortune”) as Alfred, and Holly Hunter (“The Piano”) as Senator Finch; and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. Snyder directed from a screenplay written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, based on characters from DC Comics, including Batman, created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, and Superman, created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The film is produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, with Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and David S. Goyer serving as executive producers.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents, an Atlas Entertainment/Cruel and Unusual production, a Zack Snyder film, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. The film opens nationwide in RealD 3D, and in 2D, and in select IMAX 3D theaters on March 25, 2016. It has been rated PG-13 by the MPAA for intense sequences of violence and action throughout, and some sensuality.

batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.com

Man, just give it to me.

Senoculum

12573707_10154478960589128_3188114653003721438_n.jpg

That is beautiful. A must buy for me.

bryanee

Oh my gaaaaawd that track sample. Just like the MoS, TDK, BB and TDKR ost's before this I will listen to it a 100 times before I see the flick.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, based on those track titles. Let's speculate!

Their War Here

Supes and Zod fighting from Bruce's POV.

The Red Capes Are Coming

Luthor is involved somehow.

Day Of The Dead

Luthor recovers Zod's body and starts experimenting on it?

Must There Be A Superman?

Montage of Superman doing good stuff, saving people. Maybe saving Lois
from those terrorists or whatever it was. Leading to the 'New Rules'

New Rules

Superman goes to the hearing.

Do You Bleed?

First time they meet.
Maybe they ordered Superman to stop him.

Is She With You?

Wonder Woman shows up.

That is what I got.

Penguin

Oh that's a sexy looking box-set
Would be a shame if someone were to purchase you!
;)

As for track guesses

Beautiful Lie - No Clue Though may play into voice-over montage we heard that Superman is a savior

Their War Here - End of Man of Steel from Batman's perspective

The Red Capes Are Coming - Lex's intro

Day Of The Dead - Superman's heroic montage

Must There Be A Superman? - Superman on the farm with his ma/senate hearing

New Rules - Hmm I don't know

Do You Bleed? - Recent scene from the commercial

Problems Up Here -
Break-in to LexCorp or GCPD roof/signal

Black and Blue
Superman and Batman battle

Tuesday

Is She With You? - Wonder Woman intro

This Is My World -
Superman and Batman making peace

IconGrist

Should probably just make a Wonder Woman production thread in Community. The DC one is fine but for someone who may only be interested in just a couple of the movies may not want to bother checking every new post there just for WW tidbits. Or JL tidbits and so on. Know what I mean?

Tabby

Should probably just make a Wonder Woman production thread in Community. The DC one is fine but for someone who may only be interested in just a couple of the movies may not want to bother checking every new post there just for WW tidbits. Or JL tidbits and so on. Know what I mean?
I feel like it's probably too soon.

Tabby

Yeah. Once we have an actual synopsis and there is more to go on then just cast announcements that might be the time.

Connie Nielsen is a good choice though.
Plus the DCEU thread is dead enough as is. I wouldn't until either after BvS comes out or at Comic Con.

Loxley

That music sample is pretty much Arcade from MoS. I guess that will play when Mutant Zod appears on scene.

I thought JunkieXL was going solo for this score, though.

Damn, man. Too bad the movie can't pull this look off as well.

I'll give the production some leeway since the first go-around for new superhero costumes can be a bit hit or miss and they very clearly wanted the Frank Miller's tank-like Batman for BVS.

I have a feeling that Batfleck will slim down a bit for Justice League and his solo film.

I'll give the production some leeway since the first go-around for new superhero costumes can be a bit hit or miss and they very clearly wanted the Frank Miller's tank-like Batman for BVS.

I have a feeling that Batfleck will slim down a bit for Justice League and his solo film.

There's something to be said for the idea that he's bulky for an in-universe reason, rather than just aping/aspiring to the Dark Knight Returns aesthetic. Training himself back up in a short period after a long retirement, not much point in cutting.

So nobody wants to discuss the Doomsday/Bizarro hybrid.

Some rumors are saying now that Bizarro will be the easter egg to setup justice league. I don't really find Bizarro to be a compelling character, and that would make 3 films in a row where one of the big bads is essentially a warped version of Superman or a Kryptonian.

I wouldn't mind an injustice society for a first JL film, but that might be too full of a plate. I just hope it isn't Brainiac because I feel like he's tailored to be a Superman solo movie villain with his lore. With JL you might have to trim out Kandor and Kryptonian history in lieu of introducing Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash.

I'd prefer Mongul and Warworld.

bryanee

Just ordered the Armoured Batman multiverse figure. Found a UK seller with it in stock. I'm tempted to get Wonder Woman as well but I cant afford both boooooooooooooooo.

You guys are the best, how can you remain calm and collected in OT threads is a miracle, you should go to Tibet.

I don't mind if people are pessimistic, I can completely understand them. If they didn't like Man of Steel, then I can understand why they aren't huge fans of Snyder taking on BvS.

I just don't care for tedious complaints and repeat offenders, and worse people who do shit like "I hope this movie fails". If the movie offends a person so much, they should stop trying to sabotage every thread with inane comments.

Anyways, this demograph (Neogaf) isn't a hard sell. Geeks were already sold on this movie as soon as it was announced. Even people that talk a lot of shit about the film will either be going anyways, or will go as soon as it gets positive reviews, even if they plan to hatewatch. It's anecdotal but I've met so many people that talk shit about a movie and are there day one when it comes out. I don't really care saleswise, but it will open up chances for meaningful discussion after the movies are out.

Penguin

You guys are the best, how can you remain calm and collected in OT threads is a miracle, you should go to Tibet.

Hey you're back again!

As for remaining calm, well no reason to get upset. Them disliking a movie doesn't really bother me. Sure, it's annoying to be doing the same song and dance forever, but what can you do...

Anyhow, Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em!

12573883_1015160388544107_4594454974565474248_n.png

Magwik

Banned
Hey you're back again!

As for remaining calm, well no reason to get upset. Them disliking a movie doesn't really bother me. Sure, it's annoying to be doing the same song and dance forever, but what can you do...

Anyhow, Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em!

12573883_1015160388544107_4594454974565474248_n.png
I
Need
This

a916

Stopped paying attention to them... you have half of them with the same screenshot of Affleck's face closeup saying how terrible and dumb he looks while ignoring that he looks like this in the majority of the clip:

Then you have the other few going back and forth dissecting Cavill's delivery (which is fine) like we're all professional film critics. It's not bad, unless we're all expecting Daniel Day Lewis performances across the board. Which, ironically, I haven't seen an film critic complain about.

3 more days until more squad footage, get hype.

What could Geoff and Kevin talk about for 22 mins though? I'm hoping for some Justice League costumes, concept art or least likely... casting news. Squad will probably take up one of the segments, one segment will definitely be talking up BvS, maybe new footage or interview (though I feel like they would have just done one host for that format). So another will be WW maybe?

Also watched F4. It was a pretty bad movie but still felt like an overreaction. If you can distance it from the fantastic IP and view it as something like chronicle, I could see some of it being salvageable. I thought the first half of the movie was fine, then after the one year skip it just got fuckin' weird. Doom was anti climatic. Sue & Johnny's father relationship sub plot was unneeded, it should have been focused on the four coming together as a family rather than saving that for the end.

a916

Continuing talk on the costume from earlier, what are your theories on the Tech Cowl?

I'm under the impression that he has that on during his normal Bat costume and we're in for a surprise when those eye covers pop into place. I'm only saying this because Batman has a fat head compared to Affleck's.

I'm under the impression that he has that on during his normal Bat costume and we're in for a surprise when those eye covers pop into place. I'm only saying this because Batman has a fat head compared to Affleck's.

My thoughts exactly. Just hope it looks better than Bale's white eyes. Those were too bulbous.

I used to think that cowl was just under the Bat Armor, but after finding out the voice modulation is present with the normal suit, I feel its just under the cowl all the time, regardless of the suit.

Continuing talk on the costume from earlier, what are your theories on the Tech Cowl?

It's underneath the cloth/rubber/composite materials cowl. This serves as a helmet, and you can see the throat mic pads for the voice modulator. Also Detective vision when the lenses flip down from underneath the cowl's scowling brow.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Stopped paying attention to them... you have half of them with the same screenshot of Affleck's face closeup saying how terrible and dumb he looks while ignoring that he looks like this in the majority of the clip:

Then you have the other few going back and forth dissecting Cavill's delivery (which is fine) like we're all professional film critics. It's not bad, unless we're all expecting Daniel Day Lewis performances across the board. Which, ironically, I haven't seen an film critic complain about.
His delivery is fine, people are just nitpicking.

Ahasverus

His delivery is fine, people are just nitpicking.
For me the delivery is on point considering the character. It's Superman, he's trying to sound menacing, but he's obviously conflicted and "putting an act". That sense of inscurity made the clip shine imo.

For me the delivery is on point considering the character. It's Superman, he's trying to sound menacing, but he's obviously conflicted and "putting an act". That sense of inscurity made the clip shine imo.

I said this in the other thread. Superman is a puppy. He doesn't know stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom