• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought the Tech Cowl went under the mask. But here there's no helmet.

oVDy3fW.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Totally anecdotal, but I was at Target last weekend looking for the new BvS figures and while I was in the aisle, there was this little boy, about 5 years old and his mom, around 31-32. Sounded like the kid was looking to buy something with some X-Mas money he got and was just going up and down the aisles, but his mom stopped him and was like, "Hey ::insert name here::, what about Batman? These are from the new Batman vs Superman movie!"

All I could think of in my head was, "Dat brand recognition".

She said it so fast and having just entered the aisle, so I knew she hadn't actually read the toy descriptions yet. Just saw the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman figures on the wall. Kinda cool that a mom would instantly know of the movie still a few months out before all the TV commercials have started blanketing the airwaves.

Totally anecdotal, but I was at Target last weekend looking for the new BvS figures and while I was in the aisle, there was this little boy, about 5 years old and his mom, around 31-32. Sounded like the kid was looking to buy something with some X-Mas money he got and was just going up and down the aisles, but his mom stopped him and was like, "Hey ::insert name here::, what about Batman? These are from the new Batman vs Superman movie!"

She said it so fast and having just entered the aisle, so I knew she hadn't actually read the toy descriptions yet. Just saw the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman figures on the wall. Kinda cool that a mom would instantly know of the movie still a few months out before all the TV commercials have started blanketing the airwaves.

My mom, who wasn't interested in comic book movies until I made her watch Batman Begins and then we went to the theaters to see the other Nolan Batman films, saw the latest trailer and brought it up to me. I guess it was on Good Morning America or something the morning following Kimmel. She was talking about how Ben looked like he was going to be a good Bruce Wayne, etc. Kinda blew my mind and just goes to show most fans on the internet talk out of their ass when discussing the general audience.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

So, did the kid want it or was he like; nah, I want Iron Man.

Also, from that track: Is she with you? That would be the Wonder Woman theme, right?

Ashhong

For me the delivery is on point considering the character. It's Superman, he's trying to sound menacing, but he's obviously conflicted and "putting an act". That sense of inscurity made the clip shine imo.

I really think it could go either way. I need to see the buildup to this scene. His delivery is pretty poor to me with no emotion rather than "conflicted". But, there are circumstances where this kind of delivery is appropriate.

I do think it's a poor scene to put out as a commercial, because to many, it just comes out as poor delivery.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So, did the kid want it or was he like; nah, I want Iron Man.

Also, from that track: Is she with you? That would be the Wonder Woman theme, right?
I don't know. He went up to them and looked (I think he picked up the Batman armor mask which was on the lower shelf in his reach), but I was already on my way out so I didn't stick around to see what he ended up with.

Tangent story: I was at a different Target two days ago and overheard an older couple (probably in their 50's) talking about the lack of Rey merchandise for Star Wars. Though they seemed a bit more social media saavy as the husband said, "Yeah, it was blowing up on social media lately". Thought that was pretty cool. They even went over to the 12" figure box set and were like, "Where's Rey in this? Finn, Poe, Kylo, and generic Stormtrooper? Are you kidding me?"

Pachimari

I really disliked Man of Steel but I'm gonna give it another watch soon, in preparation for Dawn of Justice. I'm pretty excited about this one, even though Zack Snyder is behind it. This Batman looks so cool and bring on that Wonder Woman!

Aren't we getting our first look at the Wonder Woman film on Tuesday?

Penguin

I really disliked Man of Steel but I'm gonna give it another watch soon, in preparation for Dawn of Justice. I'm pretty excited about this one, even though Zack Snyder is behind it. This Batman looks so cool and bring on that Wonder Woman!

Yeah. Not sure what that will entail exactly, but I'm curious.

And one promise, please... no RTTP/LTTP Man of Steel thread... those only ever go in circles

Maybe. Suicide Squad trailer, Legends of Tomorrow stuff, BvS behind the scenes... not sure about Wondy.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Not sure what that will entail exactly, but I'm curious.

And one promise, please... no RTTP/LTTP Man of Steel thread... those only ever go in circles
They honestly shouldn't be allowed anymore. We all know how they turn out and it's pointless. I always have the feeling that the people that start those threads are just attention whores and want to see a thread they made reach 10 pages in no time and always be on the front page. We don't care that you JUST saw a movie that's 3 years old. There are 100 other threads to give your opinion about it in. Your opinion is no better than all the rest or mine.

IconGrist

I was kind of frantic about going to get an antenna so I could watch the CW special but I imagine the SS trailer and WW sneak peak will be online shortly after. I'm not too pressed over some interviews that I'm sure will be talked about anyways.

Watched Man of Steel recently.

I think Nolan's is too much of a Bro. While it did get Superman back in the big screen and with Zimmer's score, which I loved. I think he should've also gave Goyer someone to rewrite his script, Good ideas just badly implemented.

The actions scenes are still great tho, although I personally can't take Micheal Shannon seriously, he hilarious in real life. Still a great actor tho.

Pachimari

I'm not gonna do a LTTP thread. I already watched Man of Steel twice and gave my impression in an earlier thread. Besides, a pack of wolves would just turn up and tear apart the movie I can imagine.

Honestly, the movie was damn boring, but I liked the score, effects, cinematography and fights. Those punches damn.

And yeah, Michael Shannon were goofy. Couldn't take him seriously either.

Ashhong

Watched Man of Steel recently.

I think Nolan's is too much of a Bro. While it did get Superman back in the big screen and with Zimmer's score, which I loved. I think he should've also gave Goyer someone to rewrite his script, Good ideas just badly implemented.

The actions scenes are still great tho, although I personally can't take Micheal Shannon seriously, he hilarious in real life. Still a great actor tho.

Why Nolan? I imagine Snyder made most of the choices.

That's why people are excited for Chris Terrio here...I'm hoping for a lot.

a916

I really think it could go either way. I need to see the buildup to this scene. His delivery is pretty poor to me with no emotion rather than "conflicted". But, there are circumstances where this kind of delivery is appropriate.

I do think it's a poor scene to put out as a commercial, because to many, it just comes out as poor delivery.

I'm not entirely sure where that scene lost you because to me it's pretty obvious and standard that he's coming across as stern authoritative and condescending with a tinge of annoyance. Along with the delivery but also the look of disgust he gives him with his eyes (they don't break until well after he turns his head, he maintains it as long as possible) "response but not a response".

I'd like to hear why it didn't hit for you the same way it hit for me.

Cavill does the job, it's believable. Does he go exceedingly beyond and completely steal the show? No, but it's not bad or mediocre.

Why Nolan? I imagine Snyder made most of the choices.

That's why people are excited for Chris Terrio here...I'm hoping for a lot.

I'm totally picturing if this movie has a great script, Terrio will get all the praise. If this script falters in any way, we'll all blame Goyer.

Penguin

Maybe. Suicide Squad trailer, Legends of Tomorrow stuff, BvS behind the scenes... not sure about Wondy.

Oh Wonder Woman is def there
Been in all the promos

I'm not gonna do a LTTP thread. I already watched Man of Steel twice and gave my impression in an earlier thread. Besides, a pack of wolves would just turn up and tear apart the movie I can imagine.

Honestly, the movie was damn boring, but I liked the score, effects, cinematography and fights. Those punches damn.

And yeah, Michael Shannon were goofy. Couldn't take him seriously either.

The movie is far from perfect, and I understand that.

No real buts

Though I do love how over the top Zod is.

a916

Nolan was involved in talks about the plot quite a bit. He famously opposed Supes killing Zod, for example.

I had no issue with it. In this world, there is no Phantom Zone setup, or a prison on the mooon... or anything that would've kept Zod contained. His death made sense for the story and from the sounds of it, carries weight in BvS.

Loxley

Speaking of Nolan, remember when he took over the DCEU and was gonna be the godfather of all things DC at Warner?

https://vimeo.com/60968809

God damn. I now wish that there was a stinger at the end of the credits for MOS that featured Cavill flying in on Bale as Bruce Wayne - who is busy Salmon Fishing in the Yemen™ - and says to him "Yo, I'm putting a team together". Cut to a shot of Cavill winking at the camera, then cut to black.

Badass.

The best part of that picture is that whomever made it just used a picture of what appears to be the Hot Toys figure of Keaton's Batman and not and actual shot of Keaton himself :lol

p6PCq8c.jpg

RESPECT THE PAST

IconGrist

I noticed in that Box Office bomb prediction thread Batman v Superman got mentions but haven't seen Suicide Squad. Or am I to assume BvS will do so bad that WB will not release it...

Tabby

I noticed in that Box Office bomb prediction thread Batman v Superman got mentions but haven't seen Suicide Squad. Or am I to assume BvS will do so bad that WB will not release it...

Trailer 2 was the movie though, they've already released it. /s

IconGrist

Pretty sure the BvS posts are joke posts

Lol look again. One guy predicted it will do less than 600 million. I know it's hard to believe but some of these people are serious.

Edit: I wanted to clarify and say I do believe some are joke posts though. My buddies do that shit all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom