• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Man, if I could go back in time to the mid-2000's when I was in high school and show my teenage self how just how fucking much nerd culture would come to utterly dominate the box office in just a decade - I would probably think this image is complete horseshit:

3evlX03.jpg

...and that's just this year. Holy cow are we spoiled these days :lol. And that's not even including the likes of Daredevil, Jessice Jones, Supergirl, Flash and Arrow.

Ashhong

Man, if I could go back in time to the mid-2000's when I was in high school and show my teenage self how just how fucking much nerd culture would come to utterly dominate the box office in just a decade - I would probably think this image is complete horseshit:

3evlX03.jpg

...and that's just this year. Holy cow are we spoiled these days :lol. And that's not even including the likes of Daredevil, Jessice Jones, Supergirl, Flash and Arrow.

Are these all official posters?

DaveH

Screw that, I want space tentacle vagina monster. And it to look like an actual vagina.
Man, teeth... I forgot the teeth. Way to traumatize the main demographic of your audience to their very core [of their crotches].

Get out Starro or bust.
Starro or we riot
Starro + Trench would be entertaining.
Y'all are liars! You do not want this. Outside of New Frontier, I can't think of any JL adaptation that started with Starro.

Pachimari

You watch Gotham right,
at least we get him on there at the very least and they are going pretty well with him.
Yup. I love him on Gotham. He is fantastic.

Nightwing
I recently got pretty interested in Nightwing. I also wouldn't mind seeing Starfire. The thing is, I have primarily grown up with Marvel so I don't know that much about DC. Other than The Flash, Riddler and Harley Quinn rocks.

Tabby

Man, teeth... I forgot the teeth. Way to traumatize the main demographic of your audience to their very core [of their crotches].

Y'all are liars! You do not want this. Outside of New Frontier, I can't think of any JL adaptation that started with Starro.

That's why New Frontier is GOAT.

BadAss2961

Yup. I love him on Gotham. He is fantastic.

I recently got pretty interested in Nightwing. I also wouldn't mind seeing Starfire. The thing is, I have primarily grown up with Marvel so I don't know that much about DC. Other than The Flash, Riddler and Harley Quinn rocks.
We'd probably see Starfire if a Teen Titans movie actually happens sometime.

DaveH

That's why New Frontier is GOAT.
Eh, it comes off a little retro... :p

If you guys could add one film to the current DCEU slate, what would it be?

For me its probably Firestorm.
Everything on the slate has the potential to touch on most of what I'm looking for, where it's hard to pick something that isn't somewhat redundant... so I'm only half-serious, but I wouldn't mind a DC Universe Holiday Special.

Something subverting the need for every film to be an important, universe-driving, continuity driven, complete story... and which just gives us character / situational-driven vignettes. You want an evergreen and timeless film? Execute a holiday film well.

Decades later, even if people can't remember if Aquaman comes in the continuity before or after The Flash... generations will still be watching the DC Universe Holiday Special on repeat during the holidays. Liberated from blockbuster expectations, you can do really seminal character pieces that update and stick with the collective consciousness.

Platy

Comic book come to life

p5r604U.png

Still misses the white eyes. Lets hope deadpool is a sucess =P

Did you all talk about this yet? Was published yesterday.

Another Faraci Rumor

This could be a gamechanger too. I had heard previous rumors that some sequences with Superman were actually Bizarro, explaining his out of character behavior. I really have no idea what is going on in this film anymore. WB has kept it under wraps through a lot of diversion.

Wasn't there a long time rumor about the villain
being a mix of bizarro and doomsday ? I remember being sad that I would love to see a full bizarro version on the movie ...

edit : found it searching for the spoiler on this same thread =P
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/09/16/maybe-there-will-still-be-a-man-of-steel-2

I kinda want Greg Millers theory to be true (don't know if it's really his, but I heard it from him), that the Doomsday we saw is actually a Doomsday/Bizarro hybrid, he said something among the lines, that Doomsdays doesn't have a laser breath and Bizarro always had the opposite power of Superman. So if Supes has an ice breath, he had an laser breath.

Was Zack Snyder an actual full segment sitdown guest on Conan's show or did he just bring the new scene and leave? Seems a little early to be promoting the movie but I guess it's never too early nowadays.

BadAss2961

Was Zack Snyder an actual full segment sitdown guest on Conan's show or did he just bring the new scene and leave? Seems a little early to be promoting the movie but I guess it's never too early nowadays.
Full segment. Talked about BvS production and some Doritos promotion.

People that see him for the first time can't get over what a bro he is. Can't believe he's almost 50.

If you guys could add one film to the current DCEU slate, what would it be?

For me its probably Firestorm.

I'd like a reaffirmation that Shazam is actually coming, shifting the date from the rumored 2016 to 2019 was such a shot in the heart :(. I rarely see fans even mention him when talking about the league. Every other attempt at a movie or tv show has fizzled out.

Aside from that I would say a JSA movie that takes place in the 1940 or 50's that alternates with the Justice League movies every year, set on Earth 2. Would culminate in JSA/JLA: Crisis movie that crosses over both where they fight the Anti-monitor. Would succintly explain the multiverse, with one of the flash movies having Flash cross the dimensional barrier and meet Jay Garrick.

A forever evil type movie where the DCEU villains band together to fight the Crime Syndicate.

An HBO series with the Doom Patrol would be cool.

a916

I'm contemplating whether I should watch that DC Special next week... I'll definitely catch the SS trailer but I'm almost at my limit for what I want to know about this movie going into it.

Yup, every time I see Snyder I still can't believe the man is almost 50.
The guy works out... a lot. Basically, consistent resistance training will keep you buff, elevate your testosterone levels which in turn keeps you feeling youthful, and it is also known to slow down the biological aging process.

The man is also doing what he loves, which helps immensely.

Tabby

I'm contemplating whether I should watch that DC Special next week... I'll definitely catch the SS trailer but I'm almost at my limit for what I want to know about this movie going into it.

If I had to guess it's probably just cast interviews for BvS. I highly doubt they'd show anything else for BvS.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Junkie XL had solo credits for this one? Or am I crazy..

Junkie was asked to do the Batman theme, but afaik Zimmer did the other heroes and most movie. Kinda the same with the TDK movies, Zimmer had most of the work and JNH just helped out because Zimmer asked him. But I'm sure it was a collobrative effort, wouldn't surprise me if Zimmer had some sort of creative input in the Batman theme one way or another and Junkie helped out with some soundtracks and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom