• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had every one but Robin from when I was a kid. Last time I was in Kansas City I went to this crazy thrift warehouse that had random junk, and lo and behold, the Robin mug, for 50 cents.

Perfect. It was fate.

Got a pic of all the different ones? I'm pretty sure I had them all at least. I think my favorite was the city skyline with the Riddler logo with bat logo. I think

Assuming they were all the same around the world.

il_570xN.757637055_bfrq.jpg

I only had the Two-Face one and my brother had Riddler.

My brother and I both got the batman mug as kids. Unfortunately one of my parents broke one while washing them.

I'd love for them to do the same thing for Justice League. I'd get every single one.

No idea why they don't do them anymore, guessing they're afraid of backlash for reinforcing unhealthy eating. Fuck that though, those mugs were cool :(.

Going to tweet Geoff to see if I can get a response :p.

Man, I used to drink so much Hi-C from those Batman Forever cups. Unfortunately, they got left behind when I moved to Florida in 2002. :(

I also lost almost all of my DC, Marvel, and Star Wars stuff from then, too, among many other things (Disney, M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe, etc.). I had a shitload of stuff. At least I got to keep all of my video games and consoles, and DVDs.

Yager

Banned
Listening to MoS soundtrack for the 10000000000000th time. God damn this shit is so good, will never get tired of it. Can't wait for the new one.

Ashhong

Lol, I guess so, still would have been nicer to see him angry like the comic. .just weird little nitpicks all around. His tits too. Looks like they made it so that you are able to see the shield more so they had to rotate his body funny.

IconGrist

I probably would have reprimanded whoever it was that brought that image to me for approval. I would never have let that out. It would go in the secret file with the rest of my WB failure secrets, haha.

a916

With the trailers that they've shown, I wonder how Superman keeps a secret identity. We see he clearly interacts with people face to face and is even in court. It's not like Man of Steel where only the army, Lois Lane, and his mom know.

This is something I hope the movie never addresses. Let him have his corny alter ego, I can suspend my disbelief.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to MoS soundtrack for the 10000000000000th time. God damn this shit is so good, will never get tired of it. Can't wait for the new one.

*internet high five*

Great way to start my day, listening to Flight every morning. Then a little bit of Gladiator and Interstellar. Just more Zimmer stuff really.

With the trailers that they've shown, I wonder how Superman keeps a secret identity. We see he clearly interacts with people face to face and is even in court. It's not like Man of Steel where only the army, Lois Lane, and his mom know.

My theory?

His secret identity works because nobody's looking for him. If you could be Superman, why would you be anybody other than Superman?

BadAss2961

New promo art!

Love this.

Ben on directing a Batman film
"I’ll just say going through the process, I would never have imagined that I could or would direct a movie like this. And in working with (Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder) and seeing what he did and watching him every day, I got really inspired by that and by seeing the scope on which he was telling the story, by seeing what he was able to do with this kind of mythic story on a grand scale."

IconGrist

I'm watching the new Fatman on Batman and Kevin Smith is saying the Wonder Woman footage they show tomorrow night will have her in action doing shit we've never seen. There will also be new Batman v Superman footage along with the new Suicide Squad trailer.

Gonna hate myself for paying movie theater prices for one of those cups...

I collected them for a long time until the Rave theaters got bought out and switched to the cheap generic cups.
Thankfully they finally returned and I got Avengers, Jurassic World and Star Wars.

Still have my POTC: Dead Man's Chest cup somewhere.

I'm watching the new Fatman on Batman and Kevin Smith is saying the Wonder Woman footage they show tomorrow night will have her in action doing shit we've never seen. There will also be new Batman v Superman footage along with the new Suicide Squad trailer.

Oh, man...can't wait! Sounds too awesome.

I'm gonna have to wait and watch it online/on demand, though, since it's on at the same time as the Agent Carter season premiere. Heh. :(

Also, I kinda want some of those Batman v Superman cups now...sigh. Stop making me want things, world.

Edit: From TV Guide's TV listings page:

DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League
9:30 PM on WKCF 8, 30 min 2016

Kevin Smith hosts a behind-the-scenes look at upcoming films from the DC universe, including "Suicide Squad" and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." Featuring interviews with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Zack Snyder and Patty Jenkins.

So we are getting interviews, it seems.

Oh, man...can't wait! Sounds too awesome.

I'm gonna have to wait and watch it online/on demand, though, since it's on at the same time as the Agent Carter season premiere. Heh. :(

Also, I kinda want some of those Batman v Superman cups now...sigh. Stop making me want things, world.

Edit: From TV Guide's TV listings page:

So we are getting interviews, it seems.

I wonder if Kevin did the interview... That would be interesting since he and Ben had a falling out not too long ago.

Sambrez_

I think they'll save it for Comic Con.

Feels weird to have this thread so active, been following it for 3 years, with the little pinch everytime there was a new post, hoping for news.
I like it!

IconGrist

I think they'll save it for Comic Con.

Feels weird to have this thread so active, been following it for 3 years, with the little pinch everytime there was a new post, hoping for news.
I like it!

The sad part is once the movie is out all discussion will likely move over to the OT. There will be no need for this thread anymore.

Ahasverus

The sad part is once the movie is out all discussion will likely move over to the OT. There will be no need for this thread anymore.
It has served us well, it's my favrite thread on gaf. Seeing it always make me happy. God, it's been such a long time, reflect on where you were at the time of the first post. Times flies by.

Penguin

Well once the movie is out, there would be no use for this thread anymore in general.

We can move over to the Suicide Squad thread or a WW thread or my general DCEU thread.

But yeah it has been... a ride

IconGrist

Well once the movie is out, there would be no use for this thread anymore in general.

We can move over to the Suicide Squad thread or a WW thread or my general DCEU thread.

But yeah it has been... a ride

Probably move over to the DCEU thread since I believe that is the only one in OT Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom