• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
I'll use a similar format. Better than a long boring post. For BvS:

Domestic: $650 million
International: $950 million

I'll predict a little higher than my expectations. First big movie of the year, almost a month to itself, coming off a big trilogy in TDK, and Batman and Superman together for the first time. As long as it's not a terrible movie, it could pull this off. Word of mouth can be very important.

For SS:

Domestic: $350 million
International: $450 million

Joker and Batman cameos should certainly help it. If Joker was in a starring role, then I'd probably expect it to do a lot better if the performance was great. Joker himself carries quite a bit of weight after all.

I've tried hard to give Affleck the benefit of the doubt but the new TV spots make this movie look terrible, line delivery and presence from both he and Caville are overall really bad so far. Also just saw the ad w/Supe, Joker & Wayne, it felt like a super awkward, unfunny SNL promo. Also has this movie always been a spring release? Does WB feel it's not good enough to be a summer tentpole now or something?

bryanee

New TV spots make this movie look terrible. Just saw the ad w/Supe, Joker & Wayne, it felt like a super awkward, unfunny SNL promo. Also has this movie always been a spring release? Does WB feel it's not good enough to be a summer tentpole now or something?

No, they realised they could have nearly an entire month to themselves and still make as much money by releasing it in March.

It was supposed to release in May originally but they changed that a long ass time ago.

Also Jessie is shit all like the Joker.

Also has this movie always been a spring release? Does WB feel it's not good enough to be a summer tentpole now or something?

What bryanee said. It was supposed to be out in May, but it had the exact same date as Civil War. So they moved it to Easter weekend. It should work out because they've got about two/three weeks of relatively weak competition before the next big release (Jungle Book in mid-April).

This slot's sort of becoming the new "vogue" release spot. Winter Soldier and Furious 7 did well, so it's not a "lack of confidence" thing.

IconGrist

I've tried hard to give Affleck the benefit of the doubt but the new TV spots make this movie look terrible, line delivery and presence from both he and Caville are overall really bad so far. Also just saw the ad w/Supe, Joker & Wayne, it felt like a super awkward, unfunny SNL promo. Also has this movie always been a spring release? Does WB feel it's not good enough to be a summer tentpole now or something?

An SNL promo? Now I've heard everything, lol. Props for originality I guess.

Ah right, forgot about Civil War. I still want to give this movie a chance but it just feels really bland, I can't get excited for it. I guess the other problem is I really didn't like what Snyder did with Man of Steel.

An SNL promo? Now I've heard everything, lol. Props for originality I guess.

You're right, I'm just trying to be edgy or something, not complaining about a poorly done ad. It was a good, clever promo with competent acting and timing all around, I stand corrected.

And I actually like Jesse Eisenberg, it's just a lame ad.

Some Wonder Woman avatars I made a few weeks ago but never did anything with. If anyone wants them, you're welcome to them. I might make more avatars soon.

iLilmzp.png
inVn56q.png

IconGrist

Ah right, forgot about Civil War. I still want to give this movie a chance but it just feels really bland, I can't get excited for it. I guess the other problem is I really didn't like what Snyder did with Man of Steel.

You're right, I'm just trying to be edgy or something, not complaining about a poorly done ad. It was a good, clever promo with competent acting and timing all around, I stand corrected.

You can dislike the ad. That's not my problem. My problem is making terrible associations or comparisons. Nothing about that spot even comes close to an SNL spot. It's like hating Avatar (which I did) amd saying "felt like Cool World".

I'm so curious about slipknot, like, how is the thought process to put it on the same level of the rest of the squad?
He probably dies fast to show the danger and stakes of the main antagonist/threat. Or his head explodes, proving Waller isnt bluffing

I cant imagine a guy whose special skill is...ropes is going to last very long considering the caliber of the rest of the team

witness

BO prediction:

If the movie is good: $630m domestic. WB will keep this thing in theaters to pass Avengers domestic if its close. WW total: 1.5 billion

Man of Steel style reception: $475m domestic, WW 1.1 billion. The reaction by the many haters of DC on gaf would be insufferable.

I've never wanted a movie to be good more than this one, because I am worried and don't have confidence in it like The Force Awakens.

Ahasverus

He probably dies fast to show the danger and stakes of the main antagonist/threat. Or his head explodes, proving Waller isnt bluffing

I cant imagine a guy whose special skill is...ropes is going to last very long considering the caliber of the rest of the team
I know, he's already dead hahaha, but I'd like to know why does Waller call him. Maybe she does it just to kill him, that would be very meta, ha.

Verendus

Banned
No idea if anyone saw this, and I never use iTunes so I had no idea, but the full tracktimes for the soundtrack are on iTunes:

Dat 14+ minute Batman theme doe....
I always find it weird when cover art and posters put the wrong guys above the names. Put Batman on the left, and Superman on the right. Not that most people don't know who they are, but just line it up for presentation's sake.

I can still remember Pain and Gain did this with The Rock and Marky Mark. It's the only reason I can still remember that poster.

IconGrist

I always find it weird when cover art and posters put the wrong guys above the names. Put Batman on the left, and Superman on the right. Not that most people don't know who they are, but just line it up for presentation's sake.

I can still remember Pain and Gain did this with The Rock and Marky Mark. It's the only reason I can still remember that poster.

Now you know the secret. Shh, they are after you now.

bryanee

Some Wonder Woman avatars I made a few weeks ago but never did anything with. If anyone wants them, you're welcome to them. I might make more avatars soon.

iLilmzp.png
inVn56q.png

I'm going switch up the one I made with the one you made on the right as it looks better. Thanks.

IconGrist

When I first got approved on GAF I had a Superman/Wonder Woman avatar and I learned early on that was a bad idea lol. Been my current one ever since.

Penguin

You need an iconic pic that transcends even your reputation (I'm sure more people know Bat-Mario than me being Penguin)

Oh, yeah, I got an 843MB 4K version of the movie teaser trailer from a WB site the other day, and I took some PNG shots of it if anyone is interested: http://imgur.com/a/N8S6R

And I know it's the Internet, but folks saying this movie looks like a YT video or cheap... I don't get

Just the amount of energy shown in the stills is better than some other comic movies.

IconGrist

You need an iconic pic that transcends even your reputation (I'm sure more people know Bat-Mario than me being Penguin)

I'm on mobile like 95% of the time and have avatars turned off so I really pay attention to usernames. I actually see the "Simply Ravishing" before anything else, lol.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

This is what is behind most of the extreme cynicism I believe. For whatever reason there is a sizeable minority that hates MoS with a passion.

You can dislike the ad. That's not my problem. My problem is making terrible associations or comparisons. Nothing about that spot even comes close to an SNL spot. It's like hating Avatar (which I did) amd saying "felt like Cool World".

It's a poorly done, quick "ha-ha TV spot" so yeah, the comparison stands.

Some solid points, I agree about JL not pulling in that much more than BvS. I do think the main appeal is Batman/Superman together, and the others are added bonus. But I also think if Gadot's performance goes really well that it will be a central talking point across all media for the weeks after the movie comes out, and it could really give it long legs. There's practically no competition in april as well, only competition could be live action Disney Jungle Book on april 15, but I don't think that's strong opposition.

It was also smart for WB to schedule WW's movie so soon as positive reception would carry over quickly to her film, it also shows their commited to a female led blockbuster.

But yeah I think a billion or less would be a disappointment for WB. This is their spark they've trying to capture since Harry Potter.

We need a countdown timer but I have no idea how to make an active one.

edit: and here we go...

t1458864000z0.png

While messing with filters a few weeks ago, I unintentionally made some wallpapers that kinda match the Superman half of that poster/soundtrack album art. I might try and purposefully make something directly inspired by that stuff later.
I was messing with filters to try and hide the grain and pixelation.

Here's another wallpaper I made. I posted it before. It combined those last three character posters together.

Any world on fastfood tie-ins?
images

QaC952tFeKQ7ERT.jpg

with Disney turning away promotions with regular fast food, im kinda missing the big promos these days.
MOS was Hardy's but wasn't a big deal, none of the Nolan movies really had big promotions. don't think GL had anything either.

With the trailers that they've shown, I wonder how Superman keeps a secret identity. We see he clearly interacts with people face to face and is even in court. It's not like Man of Steel where only the army, Lois Lane, and his mom know.

I had the awesome Two-Face one where the coin flipping was the handle. It's long gone unfortunately. Maybe I should go buy one off ebay.

I had every one but Robin from when I was a kid. Last time I was in Kansas City I went to this crazy thrift warehouse that had random junk, and lo and behold, the Robin mug, for 50 cents.

Ashhong

I had the awesome Two-Face one where the coin flipping was the handle. It's long gone unfortunately. Maybe I should go buy one off ebay.

Got a pic of all the different ones? I'm pretty sure I had them all at least. I think my favorite was the city skyline with the Riddler logo with bat logo. I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom