• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Superman score was very pleasing. And his Batman scores are among my favourite soundtracks. I wonder how he will tackle Batman differently this time. An unusual situation indeed.

Zimmer had previously waffled quite a bit about whether or not he'd score World's Finest. I think there's even some discussion on it earlier in this thread.

Him signing on will be really interesting, if only because now he has to come up w/ a Batman motif separate from the Batman motif he came up w/ to replace THE Batman motif.

Uh... We've known this already, haven't we?

As the posters above have already pointed out, Zimmer was considering it, but never actually commited to it until now.

“This is really complicated for me,” he said in an interview with Red Carpet News. “Because we all went, ‘Okay, we’re done with Batman,’ and now it’s sort of getting smuggled back in. I’ll have to have a think about that one. I might give you a new Batman if I do it.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/179031-hans-zimmer-on-possibly-returning-for-supermanbatman-film

“Honestly, I’m just sort of grappling with that right now,” Zimmer said in an interview with Vulture. “Quite seriously, the thought right now is that no, I don’t want to go and take what I did with Chris and just plonk it into another movie. There isn’t one good reason to do it, and there are so many good reasons not to do it.”

Zimmer also seems to be burned out on doing sequels, admitting: “I didn’t really enjoy myself much on Pirates 4.” But there’s still hope since he says he had a great time working on Man of Steel.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/179817-hans-zimmer-hasnt-been-asked-to-score-superman-vs-batman

Ahasverus

I kinda want some nods to Elfman's and his own's (lol) scores this time around. A la "The lone ranger". Stop with the pride, Zimmer.

I kinda want some nods to Elfman's and his own's (lol) scores this time around. A la "The lone ranger". Stop with the pride, Zimmer.

It's not so much pride as it is needing a clear demarcation point between what they're doing now and what came before.

That said - he snuck in a nod to Elfman's score in the Dark Knight soundtrack, and the theme for Superman in Man of Steel is in the exact same key as Williams' original theme, with some parts of it having the same progression, as well.

It's why I was able to so easily blend the two together in this remix. I didn't transpose any notes, pitch-bend or shift any of the tones.

.GqueB.

Banned
His Superman score was very pleasing. And his Batman scores are among my favourite soundtracks. I wonder how he will tackle Batman differently this time. An unusual situation indeed.

I doubt he'll stray far from what was done in the Nolanverse. They relate so it would make sense for him to stay close. That's likely why he was hired. Loved the music in Man of Steel so the juxtaposition will be quite nice. The harsh bass vs the more airy feel of the Man of Steel soundtrack.

Getting hard just thinking about it.

He had like 7 drumsets played simultaneously for Man of Steel. Which sounds impressive. But listening to it - it doesn't actually sound that big. Or that full.

I mean, Bear McCreary had DRUMS OF DEATH on the Galactica score, and that was basically just 2 taikos and a trap kit. But those drums were HUGE, and they sounded it.

Zimmer goes for a Phil Spector style wall of sound, and sometimes that works. But with the drums, there needs to be some punch there. You don't need 7 full drumsets playing the same rhythm.

The percussion on The Dark Knight was just about perfect. Shit was LOUD, but it never sounded like he threw the drums wing of a Guitar Center into a dryer.

Ahasverus

It's not so much pride as it is needing a clear demarcation point between what they're doing now and what came before.

It's why I was able to so easily blend the two together in this remix. I didn't transpose any notes, pitch-bend or shift any of the tones.
I know about the elfman sneak, sadly it was in Rises (too litttle to late) and worst of all I think the song wasn't included in the film (Imagine the fire).

What he did on Lone Ranger was amazing, he did create a complete new score, but when the zimmerfied theme roared I bet everyone turned into a child again.
Yep, that's Bruce Wayne alright.

Outside shot with a business suit and long coat?

Looks like a wide expanse. Airport runway? Maybe filming Bruce's arrival at Metropolis. Gosh I love grasping at straws...

Effect

I just wanna see Wonder Woman's costume, pls

I'm not a big Wonder Woman fan but I really want to see her costume more then the others. I get the feeling they're going to do a big blow out for the costumes, title, and any logos. We should be getting all three individual movie universe logos. Won't be surprised to see some more casting announcements as well.

Guys, I'm scared.

What if the cowl's ears aren't 3.6cm in height from the base of the scalp? What if his belt is more brown than yellow?

Somebody hold me. So many possible ways they can fuck this up and ruin the movie forever.

ReiGun

I just want Wonder Woman to have a "war skirt." Please don't let them stick her in a pair of ugly ass blue underarmor pants.

Guys, I'm scared.

What if the cowl's ears aren't 3.6cm in height from the base of the scalp? What if his belt is more brown than yellow?

Somebody hold me. So many possible ways they can fuck this up and ruin the movie forever.

Sculli fed up with comic movie Gaf, I see.

obin_gam

First image of Bruce Wayne:
https://twitter.com/larryfong/status/456157539810283520/photo/1
XFlRmuR.jpg

DP is trollin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom