• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Steel 2: The World's Finest

So easy

What about Men of Steel
the worlds finest.

Man of Steel: Bruce's Millions

QQTnr16.gif

Betty

Banned
World's Finest as a subtitle? Sure. In fact you could put any subtitle under Batman/Superman and it wouldn't really affect the film at all.

Just using World's Finest on it's own though would be a ballsy move, and personally, WB just don't have the minerals to pull that off.

Dahbomb

I get hyped up every time this thread is bumped...

They had non Batman/Superman names for "The Dark Knight" and "Man of Steel". WB isn't one to shy away from non Batman/Superman names for movies especially recently.

I wouldn't mind "World's Finest" name for the movie... you know it will be plastered with the Batman/Superman logo anyway.

MisterHero

They should troll everyone and call it World's Finest while making posters of Superman and Batman playing baseball, riding bikes, going to the swimming hole, etc.

they're classic comics covers

effzee

World's Finest as a subtitle? Sure. In fact you could put any subtitle under Batman/Superman and it wouldn't really affect the film at all.

Just using World's Finest on it's own though would be a ballsy move, and personally, WB just don't have the minerals to pull that off.

The used Man of Steel, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.

WB is game for it. They aren't as dumb as people like to claim and neither is the movie going audience. WB pretty much let Nolan run the show where a lot of characters were far more grounded and never referred to as their comic book names.

World's Finest works for Batman and Superman and for those who don't even know the history of the two will get it away right away of course and probably just mentally include Wonder Woman as part of the Finest.

Off topic- Though it would have made negative zero sense, who else here would have lost their shit if the Batman in this movie was Bale. Just to see Bale and Cavil together on screen would have been amazing. Something like Batman grabbing Superman and yelling "SWEAR TO ME!!!"

The used Man of Steel, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.

WB is game for it. They aren't as dumb as people like to claim and neither is the movie going audience. WB pretty much let Nolan run the show where a lot of characters were far more grounded and never referred to as their comic book names.

World's Finest works for Batman and Superman and for those who don't even know the history of the two will get it away right away of course and probably just mentally include Wonder Woman as part of the Finest.

Off topic- Though it would have made negative zero sense, who else here would have lost their shit if the Batman in this movie was Bale. Just to see Bale and Cavil together on screen would have been amazing. Something like Batman grabbing Superman and yelling "SWEAR TO ME!!!"

Even if WB doesn't have the balls, Snyder will fight for it (if he's wise enough to consider the title). WB wanted to have Ozymandias killed in the Watchmen movie, Snyder disobeyed them anyway.

BadAss2961

Thinking of the massive hype that would've ensued, I really wanted this to happen before Ben was cast.

We're better off this way though. Now they can put together their own Batman and everything related to him without worrying about continuity with the Nolan trilogy... Because of Snyder i'm expecting this to be the definitive version of the character on the big screen, at least for fanboys. Ben Affleck... Who would have thought?

obin_gam

Regarding the name - didnt they register a bunch of websites with different iterations a couple of months back? I'm fairly sure one of those is the name...

EDIT: here's the list

battletheknight.com
battletheknight.net
battletheknightmovie.com
battletheknightmovie.net
beyonddarknessmovie.com
beyonddarknessmovie.net
blackofknight.com
blackofknight.net
darknessfallsmovie.com
darknessfallsmovie.net
knightfalls.com
knightfalls.net
knightfallsmovie.com
knightfallsmovie.net
manofsteelbattletheknight.com
manofsteelbattletheknight.net
manofsteelblackofknight.com
manofsteelblackofknight.net
manofsteeldarknessfalls.com
manofsteeldarknessfalls.net
manofsteelknightfalls.com
manofsteelshadowofthenight.com
manofsteelshadowofthenight.net
manofsteeltheblackesthour.com
manofsteeltheblackesthour.net
manofsteelthedarknesswithin.com
manofsteelthedarknesswithin.net
shadowofthenightmovie.com
shadowofthenightmovie.net
theblackesthour.com
theblackesthour.net
theblackesthourmovie.com
theblackesthourmovie.net
thedarknesswithinmovie.com
thedarknesswithinmovie.net

Man of Steel: Battle the Knight? Not bad

I just don't understand what they have against World's Finest. It's a great homage to the two characters, the name itself is pretty bad ass and you could even work it into the script! You could have Lois Lane staring at Clark's/Bruce's ass as the camera zooms into her close up as she says: "Damn, now that's what I call World's Finest" *Roll Credits*

You're move WB.

Buntabox

I wonder if they could get away with just no title and let the logo do the talking. EVERYONE knows those. That'd be pretty ballsy. (Would also open the door for lots of potentially really bad titles to take hold with the public consciousness)

Edit: would probably just end up batman/superman anyway. But lack or text on the logo would be fine.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I wonder if they could get away with just no title and let the logo do the talking. EVERYONE knows those. That'd be pretty ballsy. (Would also open the door for lots of potentially really bad titles to take hold with the public consciousness)

Edit: would probably just end up batman/superman anyway. But lack or text on the logo would be fine.

"I'll take one for Red S-Shield Inside of Black Bat Symbol, please."

People throw around "World's Finest" because that's what you fuckin CALL IT when Superman & Batman team up. That's the name for it. It's been the name for it since 1941.

Preach it, brother.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

This will never happen.
It'll be something ridiculous e.g.:

1.Dark Knightfall and a Man of Steel.
2.Darkest Knight and Bluest Steel.
3.Dawn never comes, the Dark Knight breaks Steel.
4.Pitch dark hours and alloy of iron, with carbon being the primary alloying element!

This will never happen.
It'll be something ridiculous e.g.:

1.Dark Knightfall and a Man of Steel.
2.Darkest Knight and Bluest Steel.
3.Dawn never comes, the Dark Knight breaks Steel.
4.Pitch dark hours and alloy of iron, with carbon being the primary alloying element!

5. "Does Superman come in black?"

You guys are strange.

It's not like you weren't going to wait

Costumes are probably the most important thing we will see of this movie until SDCC 2015 at the absolute earliest.
They have been hyped up by multiple people for months now and we are finally in the "any day now" time frame but it could end up being 2 full months.

If the costume wait ends up being 2 full months away, for me that will be a harder wait than the 2 year wait for the movie itself(though that last month will really suck.)

G-Fex

Costumes are probably the most important thing we will see of this movie until SDCC 2015 at the absolute earliest.
They have been hyped up by multiple people for months now and we are finally in the "any day now" time frame but it could end up being 2 full months.

If the costume wait ends up being 2 full months away, for me that will be a harder wait than the 2 year wait for the movie itself(though that last month will really suck.)

Well something will probably turn up sooner than expected. It's usually how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom