• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

LOL,
They learned their CG costume lesson with Green Lantern..
hopefully.

Batmobile unless its some absolute ridiculous design will be made imo.

surprised Nolan actually made The Bat but it looked like crap so, eh kinda wish it was full CG and we might have ended up with a better design.
I thought The Bat was alright. Nolan's obsession with minimal CG was really on another level though.

I thought The Bat was alright. Nolan's obsession with minimal CG was really on another level though.

It just seemed so designed around the fact that it was meant to be practically built on a driving rig.
just looks kinda awkward imo.
though I did like that Nolan pushed his universe a little and gave us something so out there.

IconGrist

Yea, the GL suits were definitely the weakest aspect of that movie for me. I actually liked it. It wasn't great or anything but it's not the disaster I see a lot of people claim.

Oh well. :-( But then, there would be way too many characters in the movie and a small role wouldn't do NW enough justice.
If he isn't in I just hope there is some reference to Dick.
Batman is 40 in this, majority of stuff should already be established at that point.
It gives WB an out of including "Robin" but skipping over the kid stuff which is kind of a hard sell.

Maybe they can go the Kingdom Come armor route for Green Lantern
Green_Lantern_(Kingdom_Come).jpg

I thought Zod's battle armor designs were great in MoS.

Mario007

I realise that the movie is more than 2 years away but it would be nice if they showed the costumes soon to get some discussion going. Going by the Superman costume I'm sure they'll awesome and it'll be nice to get some good press for this movie.

G-Fex

I realise that the movie is more than 2 years away but it would be nice if they showed the costumes soon to get some discussion going. Going by the Superman costume I'm sure they'll awesome and it'll be nice to get some good press for this movie.

ah yes, 2 years of costume bitching, that'll do threads good :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I worry that the scale of difference in ability might look hokey on film in a way comic books don't have to worry about.

I guarantee we see official Batman and Wonder Woman costumes pics by mid June.
As much as they have riding on this they will avoid
batsuit_front-753008.jpg

and send out pics like
just a day or two before any scene outdoors in costume is shot.

There is one shot from that same location(that I can't find atm) of Batman crouching that makes the suit look even worse.

I worry that the scale of difference in ability might look hokey on film in a way comic books don't have to worry about.
You can go Justice League cartoon route and bump up each of Batman's abilities slightly.
They can just get by on playing up Batman's intelligence.

My heart skips a beat erry time this thread is bumped.
LOL, im the same way every time the production thread on Superherohype gets bumbed.
The next 2 months are going to suck because they could release costume images any day now.

For me right now the Batsuit is the most important thing about this movie.
It can sell me on Affleck and the movie for the foreseeable future(at least until a trailer or huge plot details next year)

Though if my foolish secret hope that Tao is an adult Cassandra Cain comes true, nothing could turn me away from this movie.

ReiGun

Every bump, I hope the suits have finally been revealed and every bump I'm disappointed.

Stop dragging ass and give us the goods WB.

ReiGun

Look like they're going for the same feel as the movie, where it's clear that the suit is a construct of the ring instead of being more cloth-like.

Effect

So I just was browsing Comixology and saw the Smallville comic's interpretation of the Green Lantern costume...

Smallville_Lantern_1395491698724.jpg

.....huh.

Makes me happy that the Smallville went with the John Stewart Green Lantern.

As for designs. It being a continuation of the show sort of means they have to stay true to the designs of the show or if they were still filming the show. Part of the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom