• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Batman a brutal murderer in in the DC movie U or was that some misunderstanding from an interview?

Depends on how they play it in the movies. In the first teaser there's a shot of the batwing blowing up people and jeeps. I don't think it's a dream sequence in Khandaq, it takes place on a dock at night. So I'm guessing someone is framing Batman. The scene could be shot so that you don't know that it isn't Batman (but Supes thinks it is) and the reveal is Luthor is behind it later.

So I think Roven is misdirecting a bit, or making his words ambiguous on purpose to draw interest in the film.

We still don't know so much about the film, and now Snyder is teasing that we don't know anything. I'm not going to hold my breath for PR speak though.

jett

D-Member
Remember that Netflix trailer that was fan-made? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xer4VCa5-tg crazier shit has happened.

Uploaded to vid.me

https://vid.me/mmyb

Well that is pretty crazy.

But regarding this leak, the instruments sound of high quality, and nothing about it seems lifted or concocted from multiple sources. If it's fake, then I tip my hat to the creator because it's an extremely good JunkieXL impersonation.

What's the source of this leak anyway?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded it, have to be honest: didn't like it. It has it's moments but overall: kinda disappointing.

It´s a pretty good fake if it is one. I mean the title is "Is She With You", doesn´t really sound like a real title of an OST. More like a joke on the second trailer. Or whoever uploaded it renamed it to that, could also be possible.

Nevertheless, i like it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm guessing that's the Trinity theme? it has bits of Supes, Batman and WW?? Hope it's better in the theaters, the last 2 minutes or so are good, but don't really like the first 2.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Someone make a thread!

Damn. that was fast. Penguin doin the work.

Ahasverus

Hmm, it's okay but compared to West's, Elfman's and Zimmer's theme... doesn't feel too distinct/special
Best Batman theme is Mask of the Phantasm's, but I think this sits on a pretty comfortable third. Zimmer's "theme" was a joke, but his Bruc Wayne theme was amazing.

Loxley

I guess I'm just getting bored with Zimmer's over-reliance on drums :/ I get that it meshes well with Snyder's direction, but because he uses it so often a lot of the tracks end up sounding the same. Junkie's Batman theme doesn't sound particularly distinct to me at all.

But hey, it took a while before Zimmer's Superman theme grew on me (though I still think Flight and Arcade are better). I'm sure after seeing the film and hearing the music in-context my opinion on it will change.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's going a little overboard with the whole female thing though. I get the female director and all but a female composer too? I don't know.

Female everything!

Zimmer is writing the theme, right? He'll probably have a say in it if they asked him. Or Patty Jenkins got anyone she often works with?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
lol reddit pretty much figured out the batman theme way before, amazing.

Like the song, can't wait to hear it during the movie.

Compbros

Why not though?

Also calling it the "female thing" is shitty.

It should be who fits the role best, not making sure to get a woman or women for every important role because it's a movie with a female lead. To me that's true equality, no regard for race or gender, just who's vision fits the medium best.

Dalek is a marvel fan, not surprised he is trying to stir some shit with the caps, and the gif in the OP.

Mods have changed it.

Anyway, as I wrote in this thread, I was never a big Superman fan. I found him boring as hell. But MoS was about a guy from a farm who had his first day on duty and that made me appreciate him more. Also, there are dumb scenes in MoS, but it will never be a shit movie in my eyes.

Interesting post on reddit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYoaPRSf-sY&feature=youtu.be&t=4m52s

Is this intro music a peak at the score? Batmans theme maybe? Junkie XL did score the comic-con trailer music.

^^ that sword on the right is legit. I want that

BcNqUma.gif

PBY

Banned
It should be who fits the role best, not making sure to get a woman or women for every important role because it's a movie with a female lead. To me that's true equality, no regard for race or gender, just who's vision fits the medium best.

There is no "best". This is a bullshit view that keeps marginalized and minority populations down btw.

There is no "best". This is a bullshit view that keeps marginalized and minority populations down btw.

Agreed. In something like this, you very rarely know who the best possible candidate is going in, or ever. Taking a risk on a woman or a minority is generally worthwhile, because the actual opportunity cost is so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom