• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

Damn, what do people have against Snyder? Screenjunkies do the same thing, their articles are relating to the DCEU have this sarcastic tone to as if they know it's going to be bad. Or after the AoU crap: poor Joss Whedon, I wanna give him a hug....okaaay. Good thing Collider gets called out for it. Isn't Campea in charge of that place now? He always seems aggressive for shitty journalism like this.

Think I'm going to lower my expectation: I expect the same RT% as MoS.
Snyder is a good director who has made shit movies like Man of Steel, He can make great ones like Watchman and Dawn of the dead. So this movie may be great or not but it does depend alot on him but he also deserves to be criticized for saying stupid things like he did about Superman.

But what did he say that was so devastating or egregious?

"If you know your comics, you know I didn't change anything." This sounds like a much much lighter version of same stuff people against Man of Steel were saying. I read something like that a few weeks ago - doesn't know the comics, doesn't know the canon, you're not a "real" comic fan if you like this.

Effect

So reddit.com/r/comicbookmovies had a thread about how the diner scene in Man of Steel references Action Comics #1. I realized this was the case. I also don't think many people realize why Superman is holding the car over his head either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDVGuZ45OrQ

Superman Returns references that car being held in a very different way. I like that scene in Superman Returns but what happens in Man of Steel is far more interesting and actually more accurate. People say there is no subtle in Man of Steel.

Ahasverus

Penguin

People didn't like Man of Steel because it's shit, Zack.

/if you're gonna attack the man

Attack him for what he said, and not what someone interpreted him to say

And before you ask, the interview is posted in this thread

It's like 10 minutes long!

Detective Comics BvS cover

5036856-dtc_cv50_full_color_variant+copy%5B5%5D.jpg

I like the yellow-gold accents on the boots and red waist pattern. MoS and BvS suits are nice but can do with additional colours to break up the blue.

IconGrist

Actually the one thing that stood out to me on that cover is the old school Superman shield over the equally old Batman logo. That's awesome.

/if you're gonna attack the man

Attack him for what he said, and not what someone interpreted him to say

And before you ask, the interview is posted in this thread

It's like 10 minutes long!

I'm very sure someone's quoted it, so you wouldn't have to listen. But that would take actual work, and it's much easier to spit out something someone else already spit out.

It's convenient. And gross.

I really like Rafael Grampa's work.

Snyder is a good director who has made shit movies like Man of Steel, He can make great ones like Watchman and Dawn of the dead. So this movie may be great or not but it does depend alot on him but he also deserves to be criticized for saying stupid things like he did about Superman.

he didn't say anything that is wrong. he is sticking close to canon. or at least post-crisis canon. some people cant seem to handle anything but Chris Reeve.

People didn't like Man of Steel because it's shit, Zack.

it's not. it's better than most of the Marvel output (besides Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier)

List of the BvS variant artists:

3/2: Detective Comics #50 (variant by Rafael Grampa)
3/9: Action Comics #50 (variant by Martin Ansin)
3/9: Batman/Superman #30 (variant by Kevin Maguire)
3/16: Robin Son of Batman #10 (variant by Ryan Ottley)
3/16: Superman #50 (variant by Kaare Andrews)
3/23: Batman #50 (variant by Chris Daughtry and Jim Lee)
3/23: Grayson #18 (variant by Stephen Platt)
3/23: Superman/Wonder Woman #27 (variant by Charlie Adlard)
3/23: Wonder Woman #50 (variant by Massimo Carnevale)
3/30: Batgirl #50 (variant by Kevin Nowlan)

Loxley

This is a little thing, but as an artist I always enjoy it when comic artists make the skin-tight leotards that all these superheroes wear actually look like they're a costume sitting on top of the human body instead of just painted on the skin.

#TeamCostumeWrinkles

They're all good, except for Superman III and IV.

At least that't how my younger brother and I feel after having rewatched them recently.

Evil Superman beating down Clark Kent in Superman III freaked me out as a kid. It's goofy to watch now. Returns, though, Lex stabs Superman with a kryptonite shiv.

Effect

I didn't like that "She With You" track at first. Then while I was listening to it I started imagining Wonder Woman slapping Doomsday around and it worked for me.

Did the same. I imagined the three attacking, sometimes solo or together, Doomsday with that playing. If it is indeed the track it's different and not what I was expecting but it makes sense given what we've seen of the trailer. After Bruce and Clark ask about here I can see that fight kicking into high gear and this would certainly be fitting.

I liked IV only because they at least tried a superhuman fight but even as a kid I was rolling my eyes when Superman pulled those vision powers to rebuild the Great Wall of China and the Nuclear man taking that elevator out to space with the girl inside of it. I mean, what the fuck was they smoking?

I liked IV only because they at least tried a superhuman fight but even as a kid I was rolling my eyes when Superman pulled those vision powers to rebuild the Great Wall of China and the Nuclear man taking that elevator out to space with the girl inside of it. I mean, what the fuck was they smoking?

It was the 80s. And Golan-Globus. Did you know they planned a Superman V, using Superman IV's deleted footage?

It's okay if I say here that the Batman Barbie (Batman Ken? I'm not sure of the nomenclature) looks horrible, right? Because the Batman Barbie looks horrible. I mean, I get that there are limitations on mass production doll clothing, but COME ON what where they thinking with that cowl? It's like it was made for a larger doll; his neck is thicker than his thighs! And the face! The face looks like the conversation went "jaw's done, chin's done, nobody's gonna see the rest, that's lunch everybody!"

OFEmA9j.jpg

XU1Znis.jpg

vrqdQf5.jpg

It's okay if I say here that the Batman Barbie (Batman Ken? I'm not sure of the nomenclature) looks horrible, right? Because the Batman Barbie looks horrible. I mean, I get that there are limitations on mass production doll clothing, but COME ON what where they thinking with that cowl? It's like it was made for a larger doll; his neck is thicker than his thighs! And the face! The face looks like the conversation went "jaw's done, chin's done, nobody's gonna see the rest, that's lunch everybody!"

OFEmA9j.jpg

XU1Znis.jpg

vrqdQf5.jpg

That's hideous but sorta looks like Affleck.

I laughed when I saw it the other day. That had it side-by-side with Superman's figure. Best I can figure the head is shrunk down to accommodate the cowl. Kids can play with big head Batman or tiny head Bruce.

I wouldn't be surprised if a portion of the Doritos contest shows a few seconds of a new trailer, and tells people to go online for the full version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom