• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Really should save my IJ2 ideal roster.

really I would just cut a lot of Batman characters, add Beastboy, Jaime, Fate, Darkseid, Firestorm, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Grodd.

For females I think Star Sapphire, Mera, Starfire, Element Woman, Black Canary & Vixen would be fun. I'd prefer Cheetah over Catwoman as well.

For Superman characters, I think Parasite as a Shang Tsung type character could work.

Would cut: Batgirl, Catwoman, Ares, Bane, Doomsday, Hawkgirl, Killer frost, Grundy, Lobo, Zod, Scorpion, Harley if I could get away with it.

Nah. No way they'd cut Harley she's damn popular with the public.

I'd love to see less Bat characters though. I'd remove Doomsday, Bane, Scorpion (wtf?), Grundy and Lobo.

GeeTeeCee

I'm amazed WB don't have a Lego game in the works to capitalise on BVS's imminent release. Maybe they'll wait a little while, like they did with Lego Avengers, before bringing out a Lego Justice League.

I'll even take a crappy Gameloft mobile tie-in at this point.

I'm amazed WB don't have a Lego game in the works to capitalise on BVS's imminent release. Maybe they'll wait a little while, like they did with Lego Avengers, before bringing out a Lego Justice League.

WB's is fucked up, their branches haven't really started to synergize with each other until like literally 6 years ago when they made DC entertainment.

Disney has done way better and managing all their owned properties. Their avengers cartoons may not be pulling in hot numbers on Disney XD but they keep it on the air. Meanwhile it seems like CN can't wait to sabotage any show that doesn't perform up to expectations.

I imagine LEGO Dimensions will be on the cards no including figurines? I'll be dissapointed if the Lego games start to revolve around single films more and more, a DCEU game would be nice when the rosters big enough (suicide squad and the leaguers).

GeeTeeCee

I imagine LEGO Dimensions will be on the cards no including figurines? I'll be dissapointed if the Lego games start to revolve around single films more and more, a DCEU game would be nice when the rosters big enough (suicide squad and the leaguers).

I hope they don't do something with Lego Dimensions, because I've managed to avoid the urge to cave in and buy it for so long now... once the floodgates do finally open I'll be lost in the Lego money pit forever. I really want the Portal Lego.

And the Simpsons ones.

And the Ghostbusters.

And so on.

I hope the long-rumoured Suicide Squad game arrives soon.

I hope they don't do something with Lego Dimensions, because I've managed to avoid the urge to cave in and buy it for so long now... once the floodgates do finally open I'll be lost in the Lego money pit forever. I really want the Portal Lego.

And the Simpsons ones.

And the Ghostbusters.

And so on.

I hope the long-rumoured Suicide Squad game arrives soon.

YES. That game that they teased at the end of origins.

I hope they announce the SUperman and Suicide Squad game this year.

P.S. I am already fed up with Star Wars, can't wait for the next 10 years...

a916

Their probably working on Lego Batman's movie tie-in.

Also, I imagine there's a standalone game that Rocksteady or WB Montreal are working on (DC Property)... and DC has nailed it out of the park with their DC properties on consoles... so I would rather they avoid those cheap tie in, rushed and limited games.

Ashhong

The only thing that seems to really be "given" away in either trailer is that Doomsday is the big bad of the film.

Dig Wonder Woman Barbie

Bats and Supes.. eh

http://papusilemele.com/en/2016/02/...tman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-promo-images/

Even then, it doesn't even give away that imo. Doomsday could very well not be "the big bad". If I was your average fan and I saw this commercial, I would think Lex is the big bad and that "Doomsday" is just some random monster that they are fighting. The big bad usually has character development, etc

BadAss2961

MTbiobC.png

Dr Pepper has gone full BvS. Wonder if they'll have a Super Bowl commercial with BvS like Doritos.

a916

Has this been posted here?

Variety claims Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad generate 500% more social media interest than the Marvel films (judging from the same point of release).

BadAss2961

Variety claims Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad generate 500% more social media interest than the Marvel films (judging from the same point of release).
Yeah, a few days ago.

No surprise to me. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. The start of a new universe. It's bound to garner more interest than yet another Marvel film. A whopping 12 films in without much development and barely any consequence.for anything. Everyone's still quipping. Thanos is still up there in space jerking off somewhere.

Ashhong

Yeah, a few days ago.

No surprise to me. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. The start of a new universe. It's bound to garner more interest than yet another Marvel film. A whopping 12 films in without much development and barely any consequence.for anything. Everyone's still quipping. Thanos is still up there in space jerking off somewhere.

Let's be real here though. Do we expect any real consequences in the DCU?

As far as MC's dying, I don't really see it. At least not until the first big arc. They could have Barry die in COIE and have Wally (and then replace him 10 years later :^) ). Or, assuming they don't introduce all the earth lanterns, have Kyle replace Hal.

DCU has so many great stories that it's hard to narrow it down to the ones that should be adapted.

Penguin

As far as MC's dying, I don't really see it. At least not until the first big arc. They could have Barry die in COIE and have Wally (and then replace him 10 years later :^) ). Or, assuming they don't introduce all the earth lanterns, have Kyle replace Hal.

DCU has so many great stories that it's hard to narrow it down to the ones that should be adapted.

We also know of a Dead Robin

And let's be honest, we all know not everyone is making it out of Suicide Squad alive!

guek

Banned

We'll see if it actually means anything. It's not like BvS or SS are likely to perform as well as either Avengers movie but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Also, lol at the mention of "consequences." As if that has anything at all to do with this. Just more braindead fanboy drivel.

IconGrist

We'll see if it actually means anything. It's not like BvS or SS are likely to perform as well as either Avengers movie but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Also, lol at the mention of "consequences." As if that has anything at all to do with this. Just more braindead fanboy drivel.

Someone seems agitated tonight, lol.

We also know of a Dead Robin

And let's be honest, we all know not everyone is making it out of Suicide Squad alive!

they best not touch cap straya :(

I don't think WB will ever topple Marvel (Assuming JL vs Avengers) just because of the nature of the films. They're not going as hard for that family friendly demo.

Yea but I was counting deaths. If you want to count things like that then Marvel is doing it too in Cap 3. Sure it took like 10 movies to get there though..

To be fair, Marvel blew up a whole city in AoU. Nobody cared though since it was some east european fictional country.

Put something that remotely resembles a USA City and you'll have an internet debate complete with 9/11 comparisons for 3 years.

I really don't care either way though and always found the destruction complaints petty.

Magwik

Banned
To be fair, Marvel blew up a whole city in AoU. Nobody cared though since it was some east european fictional country.

Put something that remotely resembles a USA City and you'll have an internet debate complete with 9/11 comparisons for 3 years.

I really don't care either way though and always found the destruction complaints petty.
Huh? The city got blown up but every single person managed to survive. The people are where the stakes are, not the buildings

Verendus

Banned
None of these superhero movies have any real tension or stakes. The last movies to have them were the TDK trilogy since Nolan actually made Batman suffer, and wasn't afraid to put the character through the wringer. The recent stuff has next to no stakes. They're as shallow as most popcorn flicks tend to be, and I honestly don't expect BvS to be any different. That's not a bad thing, but it's a reality of them trying to juggle so many different characters and stories. You end up with a lot of movies where half are pretty much meaningless.

IconGrist

What? That's not true. You even see Ultron mow civilians down in the quinjet.

On top of this I would argue the city's buildings being important. A lot of them were homes. An entire population became homeless and jobless due to Ultron's plans.

guek

Banned
On top of this I would argue the city's buildings being important. A lot of them were homes. An entire population became homeless and jobless due to Ultron's plans.
They're even making a whole movie about the fallout from AoU! Just like DC is doing with the events of MoS!

Though I'll stick to my guns and refrain from arguing that Civil War somehow retroactively makes AoU better. Just like with MoS, I found the movie's failure to properly address the tragedy that occurred in a serious way to be a significant flaw with its ending.

Yeah, a few days ago.

Oh I don't know. I think the fall of SHIELD, loki secretly running asgard and hulk disappearing are some pretty good developments.

BadAss2961

Yea but I was counting deaths. If you want to count things like that then Marvel is doing it too in Cap 3. Sure it took like 10 movies to get there though..
By consequences, I don't mean deaths. Just events that lead to character development that actually sticks from film to film. Moments of significance that viewers will remember and want to see how the characters and world reacts to them. Superman is heavily linked to the people of Earth, as is the Justice League. Whereas the world quickly glosses over everything and barely has any input in the MCU, Earths powers and citizens have a key role in BvS. They influence the heroes and some of the villains like Lex. I expect that to continue going forward.

BvS and Suicide Squad are also diving headfirst into the rich history from the comics. Both chock full of arcs that can stick and branch out into ongoing stories of their own that have nothing to do with the big event teamups.

Huh? The city got blown up but every single person managed to survive. The people are where the stakes are, not the buildings

The major probelm I have with AOU is that tonally bizarre ending. Everyone knew Tony was responsible for that entire mess by going against the team, but at the end they're cracking jokes about hammers and elevators, shaking hands. People did die in Slokovia or whatever, so its not like Tony made everything ok. I understand Civil War is trying to rectify that whole thing but damn, that ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom