• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Seems like there's a guide book out for Gotham and Metropolis and... well offers some insight into the Batman's role

CayS5lwWEAIVjBY.jpg:large

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Awesome they are calling Croc by his name instead of something lame like the Crocodrile

Lots of cool world building stuff being found in that travel guide. Also, there might be further confirmation that the one reddit rumor is becoming more correct by the week.

Why's that?

I liked that rumour, especially because
.......................Superman wins
. :)

Reason why:
Travel guide suggests the timeline of the movies matches the real world release dates for both. It states the invasion happened in 2013, Lex Tower started to take shape 18 months later, and part of the tower opens to the public in 2016. There was disagreement over the whole 3 years between vs. 8 months between timelines. The guide suggests the 3 year gap is more true.

Hope that makes sense because I'm on the move right now.

BadAss2961

So more of those pages confirm that Sionis (Black Mask), Zatara (Zatanna's father), and of course Penguin are all out there and have their hangouts. The Blaze Comics shop also has a location and is longer just an Easter Egg from MoS.

I love how the world is so detailed that there's an actual map and addresses. I imagine this is part of the reason why Snyder wanted Gotham and Metropolis to be neighboring cities. There's an actual layout to follow.

Reason why:
Travel guide suggests the timeline of the movies matches the real world release dates for both. It states the invasion happened in 2013, Lex Tower started to take shape 18 months later, and part of the tower opens to the public in 2016. There was disagreement over the whole 3 years between vs. 8 months between timelines. The guide suggests the 3 year gap is more true.

Hope that makes sense because I'm on the move right now.

Ah, yes. Thanks.

Penguin

Oh okay so the guide confirms something was slightly confused about

Seems like Heroes Park is where the destruction happened/where the ship was downed. For some reason, I know some thought it was near where Supes killed Zod

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so regarding that leaked track titled 'Is she with you?'. It certainly has the Batman theme throughout and Superman in like the second half of it. What I'm wondering is, the guitar part in the first 2 minutes or so; do you guys think that is part of Wonder Womans theme? Has to be right?

IconGrist

Okay, so regarding that leaked track titled 'Is she with you?'. It certainly has the Batman theme throughout and Superman in like the second half of it. What I'm wondering is, the guitar part in the first 2 minutes or so; do you guys think that is part of Wonder Womans theme? Has to be right?

Maybe. I'd have to listen to it again (which I will do gladly) but I thought there was another smaller section that could have maybe been Wonder Woman's too.

My fucking God I cannot wait for that battle. I'm more excited for that than the Batman/Superman fight.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe. I'd have to listen to it again (which I will do gladly) but I thought there was another smaller section that could have maybe been Wonder Woman's too.

My fucking God I cannot wait for that battle. I'm more excited for that than the Batman/Superman fight.

I've listened to it a bunch of times, I'm now actually thinking it's part of Batman's theme. It's very Junkie XL like, at 2.06 or something like that the Superman theme starts alongside the Batman theme. So I guess WW's theme is a surprise or we just don't know which part it actually is. Because it is called is she with you so I assume it's the piece playing during the battle with Doomsday. Certainly WW's theme is part of it.

Dorpheus

Neo Member
I'm one of those people who has lost hype with most of the marketing, but if the reddit leak is real that's the most hype inducing thing I've heard since Terrio rewrote the script. (Even if I'm not a fan of the "Bat-god" version of the character) Here's hoping this is the first Snyder film I like more than the trailer.

a916

Comes across very devious, I assumed it was Lexs...

... and that near end Man of Steel-esque theme, I really REALLY hope that's where they slot in Jor El giving the "you will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards..." speech.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I want the leak to be true because of one reason:
Doomsday gets tossed into the Sun.
I know that's a somewhat shallow reason, but, it would be quite the spectacle to see.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Comes across very devious, I assumed it was Lexs...

... and that near end Man of Steel-esque theme, I really REALLY hope that's where they slot in Jor El giving the "you will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards..." speech.

Like the review said; from Supes POV, he sees Batman getting civilians out of the way, Aquaman? protecting them while attacking Doomsday. WW doing everything she can to knock him out. Doomsday seems just too strong and knocks them back to the ground. Superman slowly gets up after he was knocked down, while we hear the Jor-El speech. Enter the Superman theme in full blast, Superman punching Doomsday multiple times, picking him up and flying towards the sun. Groupshot of Bats, WW and maybe Aquaman looking up at him, impressed yet concerned. Same goes for the people of Metropolis. Their savior. Me crying like a little bitch.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Those city pamphlet's are like my favorite thing ever. I looooove when movies/games do that to build upon their worlds. I wish that dude on Twitter would just scan them both in and make them a PDF.

Contentious part of the Reddit summary are the many discrepancies with what we know. Issues larger than adjusting details. If it's an early draft, it must be an early draft.

It'll be interesting to see if the Batman solo film touches on Falcone, Maroni, and other less exotic mobs. They're well worn territory in Nolan's Trilogy and Gotham.

Ashhong

Like the review said; from Supes POV, he sees Batman getting civilians out of the way, Aquaman? protecting them while attacking Doomsday. WW doing everything she can to knock him out. Doomsday seems just too strong and knocks them back to the ground. Superman slowly gets up after he was knocked down, while we hear the Jor-El speech. Enter the Superman theme in full blast, Superman punching Doomsday multiple times, picking him up and flying towards the sun. Groupshot of Bats, WW and maybe Aquaman looking up at him, impressed yet concerned. Same goes for the people of Metropolis. Their savior. Me crying like a little bitch.

Fuck. Just reading this gave me chills

Verendus

Banned
That sounds terrible. Good thing it's not true.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds terrible. Good thing it's not true.

Well, I'm not Chris Terrio so there is that. Was just taking the
Superman flying with Doomsday into space part and having fun with it. Dunno, I think it would be cool. It's probably something else anyway.

Verendus

Banned
Superman flying with Doomsday into space part and having fun with it. Dunno, I think it would be cool. It's probably something else anyway.
It's just a bit too melodramatic, which is strange to say since these are comic book movies, but it does take it a bit too far.

Besides, Spike-Hulk is going to die
because of a laser built by the Buttman. Balee dat.

Platy

This ending means that the trinity or anything is not needed.

Therefore, no need for justice league =P

Not holding my breath for any unexpected story developments, but Synder's "you know nothing" and Rich Johnston pulling his one rumor about BvS having an element that's being brought over to comics makes me curious.

Maybe there will be some multiverse hijinks that work over to comics as well.

I'm just excited to see the fights themselves, Wonder Woman and finally a Batman that's in tune with the source material, rather than being just a nutty guy in a suit.

If we ever get that rebirth news we'll see just how on the money Rich is, but I'm not counting on it.

strafer

That sounds amazing.

Chills.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
It's just a bit too melodramatic, which is strange to say since these are comic book movies, but it does take it a bit too far.

Besides, SpikeHulk is going to die
because of a laser built by the Buttman. Balee dat.

But I like those kinda moments! :( One of the few people who had no problem with Cap's sacrifice in The First Avenger (no matter how unnecessary it was). I like the 'hero saves the day while others watch it happen'. Also
no way Bats gets the kill on Doomsday

This ending means that the trinity or anything is not needed.

Therefore, no need for justice league =P

Nah, disagree. Still need it for future threats, this one Superman couldn't defeat without the help of the others (I think).

Verendus

Banned
But I like those kinda moments! :( One of the few people who had no problem with Cap's sacrifice in The First Avenger (no matter how unnecessary it was). I like the 'hero saves the day while others watch it happen'. Also
no way Bats gets the kill on Doomsday
I'm not saying Buttman kills him. I'm just saying the laser is the difference maker.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying Buttman kills him. I'm just saying the laser is the difference maker.

I thought the laser was something for his fight with Supes. Maybe testing his armor? How would they use that in the fight against Doomsday?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
....the ending quoted is LITERALY him doing without the help of the others

The others helped out with saving the civilians and damaging him, giving Superman the opportunity to get in the attack. Anyway, it's just fanmade stuff by me and nothing official. Having one of the heroes defeat the villain/landing the final blow wouldn't mean there is no need for a JL. In the JL movies I wouldn't mind if it was Flash/WW whomever getting the kill.

IconGrist

If that old leak is true it sounds like
Superman has a "This ends now" moment and lays a beat down before taking Doomsday off to the sun. Which would be badass.

And sorry Verendus but that Bat laser crap was confirmed to be buuuuuulllllshiiiiiiitttt. Thankfully.

Verendus

Banned
If that old leak is true it sounds like
Superman has a "This ends now" moment and lays a beat down before taking Doomsday off to the sun. Which would be badass.

And sorry Verendus but that Bat laser crap was confirmed to be buuuuuulllllshiiiiiiitttt. Thankfully.
Sorry friend, but I balee in the laser. It is my hero.

Verendus

Banned
I'm telling them the truth they don't want to balee in, Error.

Also, general question, but do people read plot leaks? Don't they spoil the entire movie? I'd understand wanting impressions, but that suprises me. Usually people tend to be afraid of the spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom