• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
If the SS trailer is anything to go by, WB will be taking better care with this one. I don't understand how that last one even got approved.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
According to Rolling Stone, BvS/Turkish Airline spots were the best one of the movie spots. Not surprised, it was creative and gave the fictional cities a feeling of being real places. The spots were ace IMO.

edit: beaten.

Error

The Civil War spot left me cold, the Russo bros need a better cinematographer ASAP. It's hard to sell the scope and the stakes of the story if scenes take places in garages, warehouses or parking lots, and the lighting is so basic in those scenes. The facedown between both groups in a freaking airport? wtf!? Surely there are better places to have an epic standoff between two groups of superheroes than an airport.

Ashhong

The Civil War spot left me cold, the Russo bros need a better cinematographer ASAP. It's hard to sell the scope and the stakes of the story if scenes take places in garages, warehouses or parking lots, and the lighting is so basic in those scenes. The facedown between both groups in a freaking airport? wtf!? Surely there are better places to have an epic standoff between two groups of superheroes than an airport.

I thought it was edited really well as a quick commercial though. Very exciting

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I actually loved the super bowl ads. I thought they were well done excercises in world building. And the cinematography was amazing. I hope it's a taste of what's to come with the actual film.

I'm guessing there's actually a reason that fight's set there. Bit random otherwise.

I thought the Civil War and BvS spots were both great. I'm not feeling X-Men yet, though I'm sure I'll end up liking it.

Error

I'm guessing there's actually a reason that fight's set there. Bit random otherwise.

I thought the Civil War and BvS spots were both great. I'm not feeling X-Men yet, though I'm sure I'll end up liking it.

the x-men spot was easily the worst, some very awkward looking shots and the CGI looked spotty at times, you can tell what was green screened and that's not good.

Which is weird since I enjoyed DoFP a lot.

Cat42f6UkAAONBV

BadAss2961

Honestly, outside of Bourne, every movie spot was meh in my opinion. Nothing stood out.
Agreed. Bourne looked kinda modern... Haven't decided yet whether that's good or bad. But it had my attention, especially because of how good the trilogy was.

Marvel hands down has the worst looking blockbusters and the most awful backdrops. It's their signature. I don't know how they get away with it.
This is how I imagine BadAss. >_>

Kidding. Don't hurt me.

lol

Verendus

Banned
Esquire also has a contest to attend the premiere (or win monies to see movie)
https://subscribe.hearstmags.com/subscribe/esquire/203733

And rolling stone ranked the Turkish Airlines spot as the number 1 movie related spots of the Superbowl... an odd decision

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/ranking-the-super-bowl-50-movie-trailers-20160208?page=5
I don't know if I've ever seen a TV spot that I liked. Too short with too many cuts of different scenes. Give me a good teaser or full length trailer. Then you have my permission to balee.

Eh, none of the movie tv spots stood out to me. The BvS one is cool but I know I'm biased. The best one was the Hulk vs Antman spot but that was less about any movie and more about coke, while we could gleam details from Metropolis/Gotham and Eisenberg/Affleck. They were all devoid of content and were more like teasers. If I were more invested into those movies I'd probably be disappointed by how little was actually shown.

Bourne definitely had the best tv spot. Everybody had to have at least liked that one hit KO

Man I've been waiting for his return for literally 9 years now

Aside from that I think the Turkish Airline promos and the marvel coke ads were really cool. More interesting than yet another film ad

Hyped for x-men but as usual the marketing for those movies is not that hot. Kind of in the minority in really liking apocalypse and Psylocke in it tho

Verendus

Banned
Bourne definitely had the best tv spot. Everybody had to have at least liked that one hit KO

Man I've been waiting for his return for literally 9 years now

Aside from that I think the Turkish Airline promos and the marvel coke ads were really cool. More interesting than yet another film ad

Hyped for x-men but as usual the marketing for those movies is not that hot. Kind of in the minority in really liking apocalypse and Psylocke in it tho
I like how Apocalypse looks.

I'll give X-Men the benefit of the doubt. X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past were all good. Even The Wolverine was okay. I think Singer has done a good job with the X-Men movies he's directed even if the first X-Men was mediocre.

I think I would've preferred a bigger storyline in the present however. I always liked the build up in the Apocalypse story, but there's not going to be much of that in a one and done movie. That's my only concern.

Ahasverus

Lmao this has to be a troll. Or its Ahasverus

Abuse your kids role-playing as batman brehs....
I actually used to make my little brother watch Batman animated movies with me. I mean, I was the one taking care of him, he should had been with me, and that's what I wanted to watch at the moment, so..
He's a fan now, yeah.

That new track is giving me life. I can already smell a full on Snyder (tm) trailer coming.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So some are speculating this may be the music for the final trailer

Which I assume will release next monday.

Oh I really like this! Hope it turns out to be true.

So anecdotal but my entire family loved the Gotham and Metropolis spots. They were really well done.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
So some are speculating this may be the music for the final trailer

Which I assume will release next monday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV1CAfuQc_U&feature=youtu.be

Ah yes! Cant wait. Fk my pessimism. Irrespective of how this movie turns out it is going to represent two of the greatest superheroes of all time. All the rest ( apart from spidey ) are c tier guys. These are the original GOAT that I always wanted to see together in a live action movie. Just for that I am super excited.

According to a post (with source) on r/DC_Cinematic the new trailer will probably drop this week. It and the latest Suicide Squad trailer will be attached to Deadpool.

Please lord, let it be true.

I mean, i don´t need it, i´m watching anyway, i don´t even really want to see it.... buuuut i REALLY want to see it, if you know what i mean. I neeeeed more. 43 more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom