• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
The white eyes are thin white fabric, and totally doable IRL. They are not contacts lol

Ever wear a morphsuit? You think these people are blind? You can easily see through this thin material, and even drink through it.

white-morphmask-1_2.jpg

I agree that the new 52 suit is delicate

a lot of artist make it too light, too shiny, too different

it becomes more and more crazy as you read on

some Holy stuff

and a sequel

lol

Yeah. i remember hearing Krypton described as Naboo with lush fields and lumbering beasts. Anyway, probably still would have been better than Returns. Lives aswell.

to clarify: Abrams only wrote the script for FlyBy. He was never, so far as I know, considered as a director.

His directorial debut was Mission Impossible III. Before that, he was just a screenwriter and a TV guy.

The white eyes are thin white fabric, and totally doable IRL.

I hadn't even considered morphsuit fabric stuff. That's a good idea.

But if the white-eyes on the batsuit DO exist (I don't think they do, looking at that pic) they're probably gonna be drop down plastic lenses that glow somewhat, like in The Dark Knight. Hopefully not as bad as that. But I gotta imagine Snyder would love to shoot an image of Batman, completely shadowed, with those eyes coming into view, and then stepping out from the shadow for full intimidation factor.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The white eyes are thin white fabric, and totally doable IRL. They are not contacts lol

Ever wear a morphsuit? You think these people are blind? You can easily see through this thin material, and even drink through it.

white-morphmask-1_2.jpg
eh..... just give him white contacts that also provide digital imaging. I'd have zero issue with that.

I love reading the "undeveloped Superman films" article on Wikipedia. The development of the Superman Lives movie is insane.

I mean, the "Phin-Yar"?

Justice League Mortal is another great unmade Superman / DC film story to read up on. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, and Green Lantern introduced in the same movie. I believe it was planned alongside Nolan's Batman movies; two actors playing two different Batman in two different series at the same time. One of these days they need to get around to showing the suits they made for it.

Justice League Mortal is another great unmade Superman / DC film story to read up on. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, and Green Lantern introduced in the same movie. I believe it was planned alongside Nolan's Batman movies; two actors playing two different Batman in two different series at the same time. One of these days they need to get around to showing the suits they made for it.

Yeah, this is the George Miller project, right? Pictures only just came out recently of the cast in their street clothes after gathering for read throughs/fittings/rehearsals and such.

WETA apparently designed all the costumes. I'm almost certain we're going to start seeing those soon, much in the same way we finally started seeing FlyBy/Superman Lives stuff when Man of Steel was a go.

I've heard about that one. That was the George Miller one, right?

It's never dawned on me, but there would have been two separate versions of Batman and Superman - Bale/Routh and Armie Hammer/DJ Cotrona.

At one point, I believe Miller was even considering doing it mocap/CGI.

I was hoping for that one, actually. Semi-realistic design style, patterened after Alex Ross paintings.

You can read the Miller script here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/174348859/Justice-League-Mortal-Script-1

This film was literally DAYS away from shooting. Gonna be interesting when those pics start to leak. The cast was pretty decent. Adam Brody as the flash reminds me of the casting for the TV show.

I'm kind of glad they didn't shoot.

There's no way the tech in 2007 could've remotely done JL justice. Not with the immense advances in CGI we've made in the past six years.

I get it how we can't have the new 52 costume in all its glory for a live action film

I also get why we can't have Batman being white eyed

We are behind in the necessary tech to make it plausible.... any imitation would yield to very unfavourable toy looking results

The new 52 suit is actually kryptonian technology that allows it to kind of dissipate into his crest on his chest or something like that. I mean, that is kind of cool, and it makes more practical sense than having him wear a full on suit.

Man of Steel on BluRay is way more vibrant and visible then iMAX

at times it was way to dark

seeing it again you can appreciate Synder's atmospheric colouring

The Miller script actually manages to have some fun, by the way. It's not grimdark at all.

Well, I mean - it starts to go that way, but it absolutely reads like an episode of JLU, really.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This thing?

3dAxqojl.jpg

YTM5HlO.jpg

ugh this suit compared to MOS's, but I still like it better than the Returns suit lol

Also still funny to me how Cavill looks more like Supes even when he was younger and Routh looks like a complete douche imo

I really want to see all the screentests. ALL of em.

One thing about that Justice League: Mortal screenplay. Keeping in mind the actors they cast - it made sense why DJ Cotrona got the Superman role. It didn't make sense how YOUNG everyone was, though.

But I really do think that was a great blueprint for a Justice League movie. Definitely proof that you can make a superhero team-up movie without having to do a bunch of "world building" Origin movies first.

Ever read the script for Francis Lawrence's Batman/Superman movie? That's, uhh.... yeahhhhh...

Reading the synopsis and yeah, its pretty shit. Luthor resurrected the Joker with a billion dollars? Also, in JJ's script it turns out LUTHOR was a Kryptonian and can fly as well? Someone should do a thread with short synopsis' of all these 'could have beens'. Why did they keep asking Goldmans to turn in scripts?

Raptor

ugh this suit compared to MOS's, but I still like it better than the Returns suit lol

Also still funny to me how Cavill looks more like Supes even when he was younger and Routh looks like a complete douche imo

I can't for the life of me see him as Superman, never could.

Cavill on the other hand was born to play Superman :O

BadAss2961

it so good though
3305122-4288059176-super.png

SO GOOD

SO, SO, SO!!! GOOD!!!!

I love this suit as well

I just need to see that neck collar

I hated the undi Supes so much
New 52 Superman looks too hip. Like they tried too hard to make him cool, and ended up with a different character that just doesn't have the same essence. The collar, sleeves, and belt don't do it for me with Superman.

The Man of Steel suit is a great revision for live action.

New 52 Superman looks too hip. Like they tried too hard to make him cool, and ended up with a different character that just doesn't have the same essence. The collar, sleeves, and belt don't do it for me with Superman.

The Man of Steel suit is a great revision for live action.

:((

You probably hate the Batman chin cover too

-----------

Any who, people are annoyed that Gal Gadot is too skinny for wonder women

What I am more concerned about his that her hair is too brown!

Seriously it isn't dark brown but just visible brown, it needs to be blackish brown

We can't have a normal brown haired Wonder Women

obin_gam

What picture did Kevin Smith see?

As you may remember I saw a photo of the Batsuit many months ago and a lot of people asked online “is that the picture you saw”? No. That is a very cool picture but that’s not the picture I saw. They put it on a fake rooftop and they lit it and stuff like that, but it was in color and you could see every piece of detail.

I’ve seen some people online go “why is this f***ing suit any different than the Chris Nolan Batsuit it’s all one f***ing color”. It’s like dude that’s a monochrome photo. You know what that means? One chrome. That’s not a representation of what the suit looks like.

So what the suit looks like… and I was always kind of keeping it quiet until they revealed it, but they’ve f***ing revealed it. You can kind of see and you’ve seen some people take the picture and color it online. If you want to see what this f***ing suit looks like, you just go to Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns”, go to the third book, Hunt the Dark Knight…it’s the exact f***ing outfit he’s wearing. That’s why I hugged that guy all those months ago.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom