• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotcha.

Establishing things in superhero movies never takes as long as people think it needs to. You can establish Superman's status at the beginning of the movie with a couple lines of dialog and a few reactions. less than 2 minutes tops.

gotcha.

Establishing things in superhero movies never takes as long as people think it needs to. You can establish Superman's status at the beginning of the movie with a couple lines of dialog and a few reactions. less than 2 minutes tops.

maybe this could work

like news broadcast and world summit videos all in a montage

followed by X years later

zeemumu

Everyone's mad at Superman about Metropolis but no one's mad at Spiderman in Amazing Spiderman 2 for not saving half the people in the cars during the truck thing at the beginning.

idk I feel that this movie is going to be too cramped, not because of the extra characters but the fact that Superman's development as a hero post Zod might be either crammed in or skipped entirely...

the guy destroyed central Metropolis so the citizens likely see him as an outsider not as a hero.

For me I would of made an extra movie before Batman vs Superman where Clark learns to control his powers, become less destructive when needed and gain the support of the citizen of Metropolis

They could of also added snippets of Lex, Star Labs getting funded more after the alien attack, and maybe some other snippets...

Heck I find B vs S kinda silly as an extra movie before JL... they could of made a MS 2 and then JL without the extra B vs S

Unless maybe Batman comes in the end after Superman does all these things I feel that the movie may feel too rushed

Wait superman destroyed metropolis in man of steel ? Please go on an explain how he destroyed metropolis center. Very interested to see how you explain it

Mario007

idk I feel that this movie is going to be too cramped, not because of the extra characters but the fact that Superman's development as a hero post Zod might be either crammed in or skipped entirely...

the guy destroyed central Metropolis so the citizens likely see him as an outsider not as a hero.

For me I would of made an extra movie before Batman vs Superman where Clark learns to control his powers, become less destructive when needed and gain the support of the citizen of Metropolis

They could of also added snippets of Lex, Star Labs getting funded more after the alien attack, and maybe some other snippets...

Heck I find B vs S kinda silly as an extra movie before JL... they could of made a MS 2 and then JL without the extra B vs S

Unless maybe Batman comes in the end after Superman does all these things I feel that the movie may feel too rushed
Rumor is that's exactly what this movie will address, ie the whole world being scarred shitless of Superman and his powers. That's how Bruce Wayne comes into the picture.

TEJ

I liked MoS but I am hoping that all of these characters are at the last five minutes of the movie and it's MoS2 not mini justice league.

I was hoping that MoS2 would be about Lex Luthor {being a wealthy, popular businessman philanthropist} using the destruction caused by the terraforming machine on metropolis against superman {mostly to turn the public eye against supes}, all the while having a more sinister plan. and while there would be big action scenes Lex would be a villain supes would need to use his brain against to save the day and not his fists.

A big part of the movie would be about superman
deciding not to kill under any circumstance, and find better ways to handle fights so that innocent bystanders wouldn't get harmed

Mario007

I liked MoS but I am hoping that all of these characters are at the last five minutes of the movie and it's MoS2 not mini justice league.

I was hoping that MoS2 would be about Lex Luthor {being a wealthy, popular businessman philanthropist} using the destruction caused by the terraforming machine on metropolis against superman {mostly to turn the public eye against supes}, all the while having a more sinister plan. and while there would be big action scenes Lex would be a villain supes would need to use his brain against to save the day and not his fists.

A big part of the movie would be about superman
deciding not to kill under any circumstance, and find better ways to handle fights so that innocent bystanders wouldn't get harmed
Once again there is a rumor flying around that this is pretty much the case only with Bruce Wayne teaming up with Luthor initially and Wonder Woman working undercover in Lexicorp to learn more about Supes. The ending cliffhanger that leads to JLA should be Supes being branded enemy of the planet or something with the justice league there to stop him.

Wait superman destroyed metropolis in man of steel ? Please go on an explain how he destroyed metropolis center. Very interested to see how you explain it
not him particularly

rather him, Zod and his minions, The Army, The World Engine, etc...

But thats not the point (this is not a argument of if Superman killed people/ criticism of the last movie)

The point is that some people of that world would see him as a menace...

Either if its with

• blaming Superman himself
  • blaming Superman for bringing Aliens to the Earth

or just plain fear of Superman (as a Alien monster)

Thus he needs to gain those peoples trust, since Lex would likely harness those people's anger/fear.
Rumor is that's exactly what this movie will address, ie the whole world being scarred shitless of Superman and his powers. That's how Bruce Wayne comes into the picture.
thats good to hear

Once again there is a rumor flying around that this is pretty much the case only with Bruce Wayne teaming up with Luthor initially and Wonder Woman working undercover in Lexicorp to learn more about Supes. The ending cliffhanger that leads to JLA should be Supes being branded enemy of the planet or something with the justice league there to stop him.

Pretty sure that rumor is shit, though.

not him particularly

rather him, Zod and his minions, The Army, The World Engine, etc...

But thats not the point (this is not a argument of if Superman killed people/ criticism of the last movie)

The point is that some people of that world would see him as a menace...

Either if its with

• blaming Superman himself
  • blaming Superman for bringing Aliens to the Earth

or just plain fear of Superman (as a Alien monster)

Thus he needs to gain those peoples trust, since Lex would likely harness those people's anger/fear.

thats good to hear

That is the point. You are blaming superman and now backing away when I asked you how HE destroyed metropolis as you originaly said. He did not destroy it, Zod did with his machine. No one complained during Hulk vs Abomination in the second Hulk Movie or Superman vs Doomsday in the animated movie or in Amazing Spider-man 2 or ANY movie where the hero lands somewhere and the enemy comes and destroys a locality in the region where the hero is currently or lives. Why is the concept of that type of destruction only labelled against Superman

Effect

Well to be fair all the rumors around this movie turned out false but we'll see. It does line up with the "insane cliffhanger" that is rumored to be attached to this movie.

All rumors turning out false for this film is exactly why that plot rumor should be ignored and repeatedly be dismissed. It's also why this rumor that there will be a cliffhanger attached to this film should also be ignored. The film can lead into JL without having a cliff hanger. In fact it would be better off if it didn't have one so they they'd be able to address anything before putting JL out without being holden to how the movie starts. I just think people should ignore any and all rumors regarding this film and only pay attention to what is officially said and released. They're clearly doing a great job of keeping everything secret.

That is the point. You are blaming superman and now backing away when I asked you how HE destroyed metropolis as you originaly said. He did not destroy it, Zod did with his machine. No one complained during Hulk vs Abomination in the second Hulk Movie or Superman vs Doomsday in the animated movie or in Amazing Spider-man 2 or ANY movie where the hero lands somewhere and the enemy comes and destroys a locality in the region where the hero is currently or lives. Why is the concept of that type of destruction only labelled against Superman

I am not backing away

I clearly explained who destroyed it in my second post

I had my wording wrong in saying Superman only did it in the first post... I was wrong

I wasn't criticizing the movie for it... My original and still my argument is stating that the citizens of Metropolis would likely fear Superman after the battle

No criticism for the movie

No Judgement for the character

Just explaining that he needs to establish himself as a hero seeing as people in that world only know him as a powerful Alien that fought Zod

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Causalities happen

Multiple movies had this

Superman needs to just face more villains, save more people, do more stuff, and GET HIS NAME AROUNDbefore he runs around with Batman and then later the Justice League
or it will feel too rushed

Edit: What I am trying to say is it would of been better to have Man of Steel 2 before this mashup flick

tumblr_n5r78ugnOv1t37mp5o1_1280.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Kevin Smith commented on the picture of the costume he saw versus the one that was made public. He saw a color photo, and has recently just said that it's basically the same costume from DKR book 3. So... I assume we're talking black, grey, with a black logo. Maybe a yellow belt too.

weird bit of nerd nitpickery - I think they're gonna have to re-do the World's Finest logo there - the bat-logo part of it doesn't actually match up to what Ben's got on his chest there. It's not condensed enough, basically.

Least there's optimism but I haven't got too much of it.

I didn't know the bald + circular sunglasses was still a thing.

Faora had the great look going for her. She showed character and charisma and she was easily the best kyptonian.
Off topic: When did you go back to G-Fex?

Raptor

That Batsuit is not badass enough to be side by side by the MoS one.

I get depressed everytime I think of this movie, it should have been MoS2 with Supes alone damn it :/

I didn't get chin covered Batman but at least I got a nice surprise with that awesome mask cowl combo

know I am rooting/hoping for the neck covered Superman with the costume revision

Red belt would be a added bonus

MisterHero

They are bringing back the trunks so it can look exactly like the classic comics

honestly the New 52 costume sucks. There are only 2 artists I've seen make it work: Jim Lee, its designer, and John Romita Jr. just because of his unique style

I understand designers/directors wish to slightly desaturate/darken the colors so they don't look eye-meltingly bright when they make the jump from comics to screen - but the Man of Steel costume COULD have been just a LITTLE bit brighter.

Half the time you can't even tell there's yellow anywhere on his shield. It's oatmeal colored more often than not.

edit: Where did that Routh picture come from? I've never seen that one. And what is that suit he's wearing? Is that Fly By too? The symbol looks exactly like the merchandising logo (which I'm not a big fan of)

edit x2: Must be the Fly By suit (or a version of it) because it's the same one Cavill's testing in.

MisterHero

There are elements from previously scrapped Supersuits that made it into the MoS version. The "disconnected" MoS belt is in the Flyby version. I also think that Nicolas Cage's costume had cuffs, though they weren't quite accented.

It looks like they kept moving the Symbol along from movie to movie. The one from the first Superman Lives suit ended up looking like the one on the Fly By suit, which basically became the one on the Superman Returns suit.

In fact, part of the reason I'm pretty sure Snyder won't go New 52 is that when given the chance, he'll go BACK. The S in Man of Steel is closer to the ones from the 40s than anything else. And his Batman looks like one from 1986.

Thats Cavill testing for Superman Returns in 2004. The suit is disgusting

wmuG7xn.jpg

Superman Flyby was the movie they decided to cancel before Superman returns
the rendered image has a more darker colour set...
this suit just looks too plastic for my taste
I get what he means with the overall look of it being similar to the new 52 (especially with the knew guards/boots)

I for one like the more minimalist less plastic armour designs of the new Batsuit and the dark coloured chain-mail suit for Superman

I just want the neck to be covered

Yes, the Flyby suit is bad. Although the fruit roll-up S shield would be a better distraction than the cellophane one from Superman 2.

I understand designers/directors wish to slightly desaturate/darken the colors so they don't look eye-meltingly bright when they make the jump from comics to screen - but the Man of Steel costume COULD have been just a LITTLE bit brighter.

Half the time you can't even tell there's yellow anywhere on his shield. It's oatmeal colored more often than not.

Brightening up the suit will also provide a better contrast with Batman. Only a smidge brighter. Don't want a Cap in The Avengers situation.

Was Singer directing that too?

wasn't it JJ Abrams?

I agree that the new 52 suit is delicate

a lot of artist make it too light, too shiny, too different

it becomes more and more crazy as you read on

some Holy stuff

and a sequel

lol

Basically, Superman: FlyBy was JJ's first attempt at making a Star Wars Trilogy.

Star Trek was his second.

Now he actually has Star Wars.

I love reading the "undeveloped Superman films" article on Wikipedia. The development of the Superman Lives movie is insane.

I mean, the "Phin-Yar"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom