• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that bust doesn't feature a collar. You can see the neckline, and where the cape attaches.

The only thing noticeably different from the existing costume and that bust (which might be fan-made) is the size of the S and the patterning on the material.

So far as Diana goes - this is the type of costume I was hoping for:

1239292242753.jpg

Penguin

I think it works.

It will mostly hide Gadot's frame.

And let's be honest, the skirt look probably won't play in this day and age

"Why does she have to wear such a skimpy outfit?"

As long as it isn't...

Actually take that back. That costume on an actual budget wouldn't look half bad.

*cringe

now I fear the suit

And let's be honest, the skirt look probably won't play in this day and age

This is what I was talking about with the previous post - I can see WB executives maybe leaning that way - but I don't understand that. "This day and age" is just fine with skirts, so long as they don't stop just below the crotch.

It's not like the sort of skirt I just referenced above is skimpy or anything.

No lie, I think the best costume that ever came out of Smallville was that joke costume they had Lois wear.

Like, you only need to slightly modify that one, and that's damn near a perfect live-action look for Wonder Woman.

Raptor

No lie, I think the best costume that ever came out of Smallville was that joke costume they had Lois wear.

Like, you only need to slightly modify that one, and that's damn near a perfect live-action look for Wonder Woman.

I could have lived with that, at least she got some meat on her bones not like the one Snyder casted.

No meat = No WW

At least to me, they need to CGI some ass and boobs into her.

ReiGun

The WW #600 costume looks more like an evolution Wonder Girl's costume than Wonder Woman's, which is really my main problem with it.

This is what I was talking about with the previous post - I can see WB executives maybe leaning that way - but I don't understand that. "This day and age" is just fine with skirts, so long as they don't stop just below the crotch.

It's not like the sort of skirt I just referenced above is skimpy or anything.

Sif wore a skirt and no one seemed to mind. Of course, she had leggings on underneath, so eh.

The Smallville costume was a great example of bringing WW to life. Make it a little more metallic in places to emphasize that it's armor and it's perfect. Of course, there's a very vocal group who believes it's pants or nothing, so WB will probably go with that.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Christ, it seriously is.

Put me in the camp that hates the jacket and pants outfit for Diana. It looks like she just beat up Black Canary an stole her clothes and it just completely loses out on the Wonder Woman aesthetic. She's an Amazon warrior, not some biker chick.

Sif wore a skirt and no one seemed to mind. Of course, she had leggings on underneath, so eh.

That's a compromise I could actually live with, just please, for the love of god, no black leather pants.

Raptor

Seriously. How's WW supposed to fight crime and beat up bad guys without huge fuck-off tits and a plump booty, right?

Well Im just going by how I imagined her and how I been looking ather the last 50 years or something, always really hot with a really defined body, great legs, not exagerated but still some decent sized boobs, and a great ass, always in all the comics and media I have seen of her.

Is like if they would have casted Michael Cera as Superman to me.

ReiGun

That's a compromise I could actually live with, just please, for the love of god, no black leather pants.
Agreed.

Really, my biggest issue with most pants designs I see for WW are that they're painfully boring and/or ugly and often don't fit the character, the prevailing idea being that as long as she's in pants, it's an improvement. I've always liked the skirt because not not only does it fit with the character's Greek inspired origins, it gives her a unique aesthetic in the JLA and among other DC superheroines.

This is probably the only pants look I've liked.

Agreed.

Really, my biggest issue with most pants designs I see for WW are that they're painfully boring and/or ugly and often don't fit the character, the prevailing idea being that as long as she's in pants, it's an improvement. I've always liked the skirt because not not only does it fit with the character's Greek inspired origins, it gives her a unique aesthetic in the JLA and among other DC superheroines.

This is probably the only pants look I've liked.

Wonderwomans traditional costume translates horribly to live action. This one is actually pretty neat.

BadAss2961

I think it works.

It will mostly hide Gadot's frame.
No need to do that.

BEfEYAz.jpg

The jacket would come off during combat, and the costume looks pretty good without it.

dLRQswt.jpg

I'd definitely be fine with that.

But anyway, if there's one hero that could get an assortment of costumes over a series, it's Wonder Woman. Shorts, warrior skirt, pants, whatever. There's a lot of different looks for her that work.

ReiGun

But anyway, if there's one hero that could get an assortment of costumes over a series, it's Wonder Woman. Shorts, warrior skirt, pants, whatever. There's a lot of different looks for her that work.

Grant Morrison said he was doing something like that for his Earth One story; Diana will have a ton of different costumes that she'll wear throughout the book.

I'd actually love it if there was a scene in the movie (or the comics, since it'd be easier to do without a budget to worry about) where she opens a closet and has costumes based on all her looks over the years: the OG Marston suit, #600, Nu52, the 60's mod look, Deodato's 90's suit, etc. It wouldn't hurt for DC to start having some fun with the chaotic nature of WW's status quo.

DaveH

I'm not too invested one way or another, but I think they should go a traditional route (even if they give it the Xena treatment) because you can always do just about any other interpretation or alternative costume afterwards... but if you start with the black pants, it pretty much forecloses any other costume (except maybe the Kingdom Come warbird armor) and you're stuck.

As an "alien" amongst us, Amazonian culture gives us a perfect excuse for the debut to be a more traditional look... then Wonder Woman can always opt for more practical and contemporary costume afterwards. Going in reverse is a lot harder to excuse.

I never understood the appeal of Wonder Woman. I feel like there are more interesting characters in the DC and Marvel universe. The fact that she gets so much attention is baffling to me.

BadAss2961

Grant Morrison said he was doing something like that for his Earth One story; Diana will have a ton of different costumes that she'll wear throughout the book.

I'd actually love it if there was a scene in the movie (or the comics, since it'd be easier to do without a budget to worry about) where she opens a closet and has costumes based on all her looks over the years: the OG Marston suit, #600, Nu52, the 60's mod look, Deodato's 90's suit, etc. It wouldn't hurt for DC to start having some fun with the chaotic nature of WW's status quo.
I could see this happening for Batman -- getting a look at the suit gallery in the batcave. Robin, Batgirl costumes and all.

anaron

The One and Done™;113834986 said:
I never understood the appeal of Wonder Woman. I feel like there are more interesting characters in the DC and Marvel universe. The fact that she gets so much attention is baffling to me.
huh.

ReiGun

I mean, to each his own, but it shouldn't be that hard to see what makes her appeal to others. Lord knows there's been enough words spilt online about the appeal of the character (whose been around almost as long as Bats and Supes, btw) since this DC movie shit started that it sussing out why people love the character should be a simple matter. :p

Edit: I should say I'm not trying to pick on you or be a jerk. I just never understood this type of post. Understanding why others like something you don't is just as easy as asking a fan of that thing to explain the appeal for them.

Gal Gadot reminds me frame wise of Mila Jovovich that is what she'll probably look like in the Wonder Woman costume. I can not believe this movie is still two years away. I hope they know what they are doing because they have a lot riding on this film.

As I sit here eating this bag of red vines, I can't help but think we need more news or discussion for this movie.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get jacket Wonder Woman. Makes sense for Snyder-verse.

Loxley

I've said it before and I'll keep on sayin' it, but Xena's costume is pretty much what I picture when I think of a good look for Wonder Woman on film. Just, you know, not as cheap looking and some red/blue/gold mixed in.

IconGrist

I want the trunks for WW honestly. It can be done if they aren't cut too high. Probably won't happen though but I'd be happy with a war skirt.

Jacket or pants is a no-go. Nope. Don't do it Snyder.

Subitai

I also am against jacket for WW.
Name Recognition (aka old people know her) = Free Marketing

Also, DC Justice League tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom