• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are there people in this thread that think Man of Steel is a great film?

On the level of say X Men DOFP and Captain America 2....

Just wondering. Not trolling.

Penguin

Rumored Warner/DC movies through 2018

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

ipTLSrCrlc1x6.gif

ReiGun

Two movies set in the DCCU* and then something like Sandman which would be a DC property but entirely its own thing sounds like a good idea.

*Ugh that's an ugly acronym. We gotta find something else to call this movie thing. lol DC should give it its own Earth number in the multiverse. haha

Shazam before Justice League sounds iffy

I don't know. It seems like a smart move to me. If they want Shazam in the JLA movie, then they get to intro him to audiences beforehand. If not, then it's no big deal because Shazam has never been strongly associated with the JLA anyway, so they comfortably launch him into his own series of movies. Plus the character is highly marketable and a good movie could give him that Iron Man bump.

Tabby

Flash and Green Lantern team up?
Oh my sweet Jesus please let this be real.

From the same source as the list of potential future DC movies, the real reason why Dawn of Justice was delayed.
"There will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months."

Betty

Banned

Not a chance. They don't have the scripts or directors in place and trying to imagine them pumping out more films per year than Marvel when they've had so much trouble releasing films as it is makes me chuckle.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Flash and Green Lantern team up?
Oh my sweet Jesus please let this be real.

From the same source as the list of potential future DC movies, the real reason why Dawn of Justice was delayed.

Already known Flash? So Grant Gustin is going to be Flash in the movie as well?

Not a chance. They don't have the scripts or directors in place and trying to imagine them pumping out more films per year than Marvel when they've had so much trouble releasing films as it is makes me chuckle.

Warner Brothers puts a LOT of movies out in a year. They're a bigger studio than Marvel, with (arguably) more resources. Them putting out 2-3 superhero movies a year shouldn't be a problem at all, actually.

It's a matter of allocating budget from some other blockbuster/IP and assigning it to a DC project instead. That's all.

I mean, in 2011 for example, you had Green Lantern, Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, Sucker Punch, and Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Those are FOUR relatively large blockbuster-type movies all in one year.

2012 is probably a better example: Wrath of the Titans, Dark Knight Rises, Argo, Cloud Atlas, The Hobbit

They can ABSOLUTELY turn out 3 or 4 moderately-large to GIANT pictures in a single release year. The only difference is that they're pulling from a shared publishing universe to do so instead of spreading out their IPs.

DaveH

They can ABSOLUTELY turn out 3 or 4 moderately-large to GIANT pictures in a single release year. The only difference is that they're pulling from a shared publishing universe to do so instead of spreading out their IPs.
I agree it's possible, but that last bit is why I'm skeptical. That's a lot of eggs in one basket.

That said, they may see that Marvel is diversifying into comedy (Ant-Man), horror (Dr. Strange), space-faring scifi (Guardians), and asking themselves... why not?

I agree it's possible, but that last bit is why I'm skeptical. That's a lot of eggs in one basket.

That said, they may see that Marvel is diversifying into comedy (Ant-Man), horror (Dr. Strange), space-faring scifi (Guardians), and asking themselves... why not?

They might just be saying "Why not" anyway. Lord knows buying into the Wachowski's hasn't done them any favors, neither Pacific Rim or Godzilla were runaway successes, and they're about to run out of Hobbits, after running out of Harry Potters.

Actually capitalizing on an entire publishing line they ALREADY OWN might just be the simplest solution to a content problem.

The wachowskis are messy when left alone but man they would probably make one of the best comic book films ever if given outside help ( that isn't Goyer) on a script

Think of the action we would get

WB has them, so they better use them

DaveH

GL as the straight man, the literal cop of the pair.
They can do whatever for the movie, but traditionally, Hal's a test pilot and Barry's a police scientist (nowadays, CSI), making Flash the literal cop. I'd be more than happy if they went with John Stewart (an ex-marine) as the straight man and Wally West as the legacy-hero / sidekick-who-made-good, like the cartoon, but don't know if this proposed universe is old enough for that.

The wachowskis are messy when left alone but man they would probably make one of the best comic book films ever if given outside help ( that isn't Goyer) on a script

I've been saying this forever. Though now it's becoming less and less of a reality what with their recent failures at the box office with Cloud Atlas and all the negative buzz Jupiter Ascending has been receiving. Shame really, I could easily see their style complementing a Flash movie.

Give them Aquaman. Cast Jason Momoa as the lead too since they are used to working with bad actors.

Jonogunn

They need to make a Green Lantern Corp movie and keep it in space

And I don't mind john Stewart but Hal Jordan better be there.

ReiGun

Mentioning the Wachowskis got me thinking about Speed Racer and how I thought that was a dope family picture.

And now I'm thinking "Would a Wachowski helmed 'Shazam' be the worst thing in the world?..."
patrice.png

Busty

Banned
That rumored Shazam movie not being part of the DCCU is such a dumb move imo.

I actually think that WB are making the right move with this proposed Shazam film. In many respects a stand alone Shazam film (as a PG rated family affair) has just as much, if not more, potential than the rest of Warner Bros DC slate of films.

It's my understanding that Warners really only plan for their 'super-hero' DC films to be connected with stuff like Metal Men and Shazam (which was described to me as the studio's super powered Harry Potter) being aimed at a family audience and Sandman staying in it's own separate 'universe'.

It'll be interesting to see whether Del Toro's Dark Universe film will be in it's own 'Vertigo universe' or whether it will connect (even very loosely) with the Justice League film universe.

Blader

Shazam also makes plenty of sense if they have the Rock attached to it. He even called out Black Adam by name:

Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped. #RockTalk @CFitzyy

Experien

Went to movies last week and a friend said he knows a producer at WB and his advice was to stay away from this.

Don't know what that means but doesn't sound too pleasant.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, I heard there is a nude code for Tomb Raider. My cousin did it but he told me I have to figure it out for myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom