• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who has a friend who has a cousin who has a family doctor who has a nephew who has a friend who has a half sister who has grandmother who has a sister who has a niece who has a daughter who has a college acquaintance who has a gym trainer who has a friend who knows a mod here that told him that this thread is likely not going to get closed.

So relax guys!

Penguin

Possible Max Lord/Martian Manhunter in the film?

Bp9tYQoCEAAFQNt.png:large

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/477220354218131456/photo/1

If hes in it, he'll probably be animated. Which means they can hold off casting the voice actor for a while. But i'd love to see it. <3 Manhunter

Not a great actor but I guess he could get the job done if they make Aquaman the silent, brooding type. Everybody who was involved in any way in Bullet to the Head is tainted though.

You can bet he said "yes" to this after he fucked up by passing on Drax for Guardians of the Galaxy because he was afraid of being typecast.

BadAss2961

Some plot details from Batman-News.

What I do have are details on a big press conference scene that was shot on Friday. My source on set said that they held a big ceremony to unveil the big Superman statue. The statue was built to celebrate Superman saving the Earth in the first movie — Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice takes place about two years after the events of Man of Steel. Gotham and Metropolis news trucks and helicopters were on the scene to cover the Mayor’s speech and the statue unveiling. Elementary school kids wore “Superman Survivors” shirts and helped pull a sheet off the statue for the big reveal. They also released real doves to celebrate statue unveiling. The Superman statue that we saw last week was incomplete — he was missing a head and other various body parts. That didn’t change when they filmed the scene for the movie. I’m told that the statue will be completed in post-production with CGI.

I also have a brief Batmobile update to share. I’ve been told that the Batmobile doors open up like wings. I’m not sure if that means it’ll transform into a Batwing and allow Batman to fly… but with Superman and Wonder Woman confirmed for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it’d certainly make sense.

Penguin

Some new/more details on Luthor

"Lex has a super modern-hip Facebook/Google style office with a basketball court, pinball tables, etc. Everyone looks ultra douchey and has bowties and blazers, etc. Lex is introduced in which he takes a basketball shot, and in the same motion, after draining the shot, turns around and shakes a senator's (?) hand, who is there to greet him. He looks like Kurt Cobain, and is a complete douche."
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=102083#ex6heJWY1zZV2PuA.99

ezekial45

Banned
Wasn't Luthor always based on the current trending billionairs and businessmen? Having him being Zuckenberg/Jobs style of person could be a nice interpretation of him.
Yes. The more well known version of the character was based on the 80's businessman archetype.

This new one could really interesting.

Wasn't Luthor always based on the current trending billionairs and businessmen? Having him being Zuckenberg/Jobs style of person could be a nice interpretation of him.

I believe the reference point is Richard Branson, isn't it?

Which might explain the "Cobain" hair. If he's a blend of Zuckerberg and Branson, that seems a good combo to build a Luthor on.

Mario007

Yes. The more well known version of the character was based on the 80's businessman archetype.

This new one could really interesting.

I believe the reference point is Richard Branson, isn't it?

Which might explain the "Cobain" hair. If he's a blend of Zuckerberg and Branson, that seems a good combo to build a Luthor on.

Yup could be very interesting. Plus we all know that Eisenberg can play that role easily and is good at it.

I could see him being a Zuckerberg type. Maybe some young punk who takes over the company from his straight laced dad or something.

They could probably also make him go bald randomly from some explosion at the end, like Dhalsim in Street Fighter the Movie.

He wasn't so bad. HOpefully they don't give Lex a shitty costume/gimmick like Green Goblin.

What is the consensus on Lex climbing into his robot suit to punch Superman?

I never liked it. Even with his hubris, Lex should be smart enough to know he won't pose a physical threat to Superman. Punch him out of spite and break his hand, sure.

The news about the statue is going to go over sooooooo horribly with the people who complained about destruction in MoS.

I can only speak for me, but while I didn't care at all for that stuff in MoS, I don't actually want to see Superman spending an hour angsting about killing Zod or failing to save people in Metropolis. Just acknowledge it as much as you have to and move on.

ReiGun

Robot suit Lex never bothered me. It's not like he busts it out in every story and it makes perfect sense in the situations where he does use it (like the recent Forever Evil arc).

I also never bought into "peak physical condition" Luthor. Lex, to me, seems like the kind of guy who would be in shape and healthy, but never give so much time to it that he'd have the "alpha male" look. He'd work out because he recognizes the advantages physical conditioning give to mental health, but wouldn't necessarily enjoy it.

I can only speak for me, but while I didn't care at all for that stuff in MoS, I don't actually want to see Superman spending an hour angsting about killing Zod or failing to save people in Metropolis. Just acknowledge it as much as you have to and move on.

That's where I'm at. I do hope they address it, but it seems some people want that to be movie's entire narrative and I don't get that. Comes across more as wanting vindication for the complaints as opposed to wanting a good story.

New York ------> Chicago I believe.

Its more akin to the distance between NYC and Newark NJ
Metropolis in the DC Comics has always been a stand-in for New York, and - according to the Atlas of the DC Universe, created for DC's late '80s, early '90s role playing game - exists on the coast of New Jersey... right next to Batman's Gotham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom