• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like making a new thread for this, but I saw from my Collider and Badass Digest feeds that a solo Batman film called "The Batman" is rumored for 2019.

http://collider.com/batman-movie-ben-affleck-2019/
http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/19/rumored-warner-bros.-plans-the-batman-for-2019

However, their source is Latino Review, so feel free to disregard.

Surprised they aren't rushing a Batman solo film sooner considering Affleck's age. They must have a lot of faith in old, grizzled, badass Batman having a lot of appeal (and so do I if Affleck can pull it off)

I was thinking about a Batman solo film with Affleck in 2019. I would love the idea if he is older and they did this epic Detective story. I mean, I would want the whole thing to be a mystery. I would not want to know the villain until it was revealed in the movie. I would want Robin in there. There is so much cool stuff they could do.

inm8num2

I still think that Nightwing could be a part of the DCU...or maybe a later solo Batman film be a springboard for Terry McGinnis? :D

.GqueB.

Banned
Google now correctly assumes I'm interested in this movie so every once in a while an article will pop up. The amount of nonsense that gets reported is just staggering. Someone thought this toy revealed the kryptonite batsuit...

batmankryptonite-jpg.jpg

and actually wrote an article about.

Magwik

Banned
Surprised they aren't rushing a Batman solo film sooner considering Affleck's age. They must have a lot of faith in old, grizzled, badass Batman having a lot of appeal (and so do I if Affleck can pull it off)

If we are considering Affleck's age, WB could conceivably cast a younger actor for the solo films. Depending on how deep Bruce is into his 40s he has a 15 to 20 year career as Batman, counting his break from retirement to BvS. Can't say I prefer that direction, but it is an option.

I don't feel like making a new thread for this, but I saw from my Collider and Badass Digest feeds that a solo Batman film called "The Batman" is rumored for 2019.

http://collider.com/batman-movie-ben-affleck-2019/
http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/19/rumored-warner-bros.-plans-the-batman-for-2019

However, their source is Latino Review, so feel free to disregard.

Whoa. That's so much later than I was expecting.

I hope this means we're going to get a Batman movie where he's using the advanced Beyond suit. Would be a great way to set up the eventual Beyond movie.

Jonogunn

I can see zack snyder including a lot of flashbacks that show a young robin which would be awesome if he did!

I'm dying to see robin done right on film

If we are considering Affleck's age, WB could conceivably cast a younger actor for the solo films. Depending on how deep Bruce is into his 40s he has a 15 to 20 year career as Batman, counting his break from retirement to BvS. Can't say I prefer that direction, but it is an option.

are you talking like prequels? That would be ballsy. I guess it all depens on the reception to Batfleck

Penguin

Well to be fair, Affleck will be younger than RDJ was in The Avengers/Iron Man 3 by the time his solo Bat-flick came out

Actually, think would be younger than RDJ has been for most of his Iron Man roles.

I have no idea about how reliable this site is, but some rumors about Wonder Woman's suit, and some story details from www.joblo.com.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...womans-costume-more-for-batman-v-superman-170

On how WW looks...
The reports of Wonder Woman wearing the pre-new52 jacket and leggings outfit are inaccurate. Completely. The description of the outfit from our source uses the term “badass” on multiple occasions. This Wonder Woman is ripped right from the comics and has a “traditional, yet sleeker” costume that’s “battle ready.” She’ll have a blue leather skirt, silver-armored cuffs that reach to her elbows, golden tiara (with a design of some sort in the center, possibly the red star)... not just a golden lasso here. Wonder Woman will have no less than FOUR weapons, including shield, sword, spear, and of course, the traditional lasso. It’s also noted that she will wear the shield on her back, Captain America style, when not in use...

They have some story details as well.

jett

D-Member
I wonder if they will make wonder wimmenz an alien in this movie, or if they're going to go full comic book stupid.

ReiGun

Joblo says her origin is left vague. I think the plan may be to use Shazam to introduce magic into the world, then go all in with gods and amazons and other shit in Wonder Woman.

ReiGun

I think that pod was supposed to be Supergirl.

Which will be hilarious when they try to explain where she's been all this time.

They need to keep her origin the same. If she's not an Amazon I will be super disappointed.

She can still be an Amazon.

it's just that now Amazon means "descended from half-Kryptonian/half-human ancestors tens of thousands of years ago."

Just like Thor is still a God. It's just that now God means "race of technologically advanced aliens"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom