• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

The news about the statue is going to go over sooooooo horribly with the people who complained about destruction in MoS.

Pretty sure ANY news about this movie is going to go over soooooo horribly with the people who played about destruction in MoS.

At this point they can announce this movie will cure cancer and there will be bitching and moaning.

That's where I'm at. I do hope they address it, but it seems some people want that to be movie's entire narrative and I don't get that. Comes across more as wanting vindication for the complaints as opposed to wanting a good story.

Oh, totally. It's fun to joke about, say, Batman seeking to bring Superman to justice for the people the latter killed in Metropolis, but it'd make for a pretty terrible movie.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Its more akin to the distance between NYC and Newark NJ

Here is a map that was released in the 80s/90s:

0StYVE6.jpg

You can see the rest of the U.S. here: http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-secret-geography-of-the-dc-universe-a-really-big-map/

Also, here is a little blip we got from the Young Justice cartoon that is similar to the map above, but places Gotham in Connecticut:

Penguin

Oh, totally. It's fun to joke about, say, Batman seeking to bring Superman to justice for the people the latter killed in Metropolis, but it'd make for a pretty terrible movie.

I don't know
I think it's a good starting point to bring in Batman and Luthor as "mankind's protectors" from an alien menace.

But it shouldn't be the entirety of either of their arcs

Mario007

I can see Lex using it against Supes or this being the reason Lex is against Supes but that's about it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently my friend was an extra yesterday and today. Doesn't know if they'll get on camera, but what they told me lines up exactly with the reports. Lex has hair for sure.

BadAss2961

Tao Okamoto is Mercy Graves?
In a piece of new information that we haven’t seen reported elsewhere yet, our source indicated that Japanese actress Tao Okamoto is playing Lex Luthor’s assistant, who is named “Mercy.” In the comic books and Superman animated series, Mercy Graves is Lex’s personal assistant and body guard, where she is portrayed as highly intelligent and experienced in hand-to-hand combat.

Source

DaveH

So I only know Mercy Graves through Young Justice, is she a non-talking robot that kicks ass in the comics too?

Is she expectedto bulk up or are we going to have 2 skinny women duking it out on film?
Consider Emile Hamilton in Man of Steel.

I think the film will be comfortable making nods or references without necessarily be beholden to prior renditions, but not entirely foreclosing that future either.

Effect

They'll make up any reason to complain anyways.

Save the earth. Get statue. Seems legit.

This. I don't doubt there will be people in the MOS universe that feel the destruction wouldn't have happen had he not been on Earth but the events of the film should make it completely clear who the bad guy was and who was the good guy. Especailly after the Daily Planet does a good write up on him and he gets the "okay" by the US military and government and them saying he was aiding them and why they were able to finally destroy the ship over Metropolis. Then there are the eye witness accounts in Smallville and Metropolis itself. That he would get a statue after that, and two years after that if this is true during which he could be doing a LOT of other good, isn't out there. It makes sense.

The Superman Survivors shirts. I can see that being spun by people. That also could easily be a charity that he lends his name to that helps out people after they're saved by Superman from various events, etc.

The news about the statue is going to go over sooooooo horribly with the people who complained about destruction in MoS.

let 'em choke on the ashes.

Its more akin to the distance between NYC and Newark NJ

post-Crisis DC for a little while was trying to place Metropolis somewhere in Maryland/Delaware. then during countdown to Infinite Crisis they placed somewhere in NY. Gotham was in New Jersey and Bludhaven further down the coast from it.

BadAss2961

Is she expectedto bulk up or are we going to have 2 skinny women duking it out on film?
If this is completely based on the original Mercy (human), she won't be on Wonder Woman's level. She could be an Amazon though.

If rumor's true, it's highly doubtful Okamoto will need to bulk up at all. She has that female Japanese warrior look Snyder's probably going for, and Mercy isn't a big character anyway.

Gadot isn't super skinny anymore. She won't appear any slimmer than most other CBM actresses at this point. Plus she always looks really tall.

JdFoX187

Banned
And the movie is still two years out.

IF anything, I expect we'll get more character designs at SDCC.

Maybe a brief teaser at the end of 2014 with the Hobbit?

We'll definitely see something at Comic-Con. Probably will be the character designs with the formal announcement of their individual films. I could also almost guarantee we'll see something with The Hobbit. That's Warner Bros. biggest movie for the near future, they'll put something with it.

Loxley

Jesse Eisenberg being typecast into playing douchey executives for the rest of his career is something I can get behind.

strafer

yeah but im so damn hyped up about this movie.

I just wanna have me some more Superman and Batman.

Gawd damn.

This movie will rock my socks.

Pretty sure shit like that is bannable man don't do it. At least put in spoiler tags you're joking or it's fake please.

and I can't believe you'd actually be foolish enought to think that there'd be a teaser out three weeks afetr filming started. I hope you're joking because otherwise.....

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
and I can't believe you'd actually be foolish enought to think that there'd be a teaser out three weeks afetr filming started. I hope you're joking because otherwise.....

Are you serious? of course i knew it was fake, i was just trying to help strafer not getting banned, maybe he didn't know stuff like this is bannable? jeez

It's the same with magazine scans in the gaming section, people like to help others, you know?

If you were reading the comics, you may be confusing her with Orange Lantern-era Luthor who had an android Lois Lane as a valet and creepy bedroom companion.
Na just thought I remembered her with the arm canon in animation pre Young Justice.
Guess I just have bad memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom