• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Shouldn't the design of these suits improve over time? It seems odd that they are still having these problems. I will be pretty funny if it turns out Affleck can't turn his head in the suit.

Man of Steel had a muscle layer, the tight fabric layer and detail pieces. Raimi's Spider-Man suits had a similar construction. Batman's cowl makes it that much worse, Adam West excluded. Keaton's stories of deafness and blindness in the costume and having panic attacks. Bale caught flack for mouth breathing, when he couldn't breath from his nose. Bet the Batsuit looks cool on screen but I do not envy the actors and stuntmen. My solution to the bathroom problem is to buy a pair of scissors and black underwear.

inm8num2

That last post was just a warm-up. Here's a more interesting rumor.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=103950

No specific plot details or spoilers, but some updates on what we can expect in terms of visuals for superpowers in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are tests already being done to coincide with Justice League as well, because production will likely be moving much faster on the next installment. The current visual effects team is working on new powers that were not displayed in Man of Steel, as well as updates to previous powers that were seen. One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Superman’s speed, and there are a multitude of different types of effects being tested to show different types of “speed moments” There is a test in showing a vibration effect where the character almost seems to disappear.

Another test shot has a buildup of wind, ice, and debris which move in a tornado formation around a growing blur that outlines the characters body. Also there is a speed effect similar to bullet time to show more of a superhero perspective, where the audience sees how time and speed are slowed down the faster that the character moves. I immediately thought of old scenes from Spiderman and episodes of Smallville but have been promised while it is meant to demonstrate the same perspective; it will incorporate a lot of effects for surrounding objects as well.

In one of the test shots for example, a ball is being thrown and the character sees it spinning slowly. As the character speeds up, the ball slows down more but still moves. Everything around the character is still moving. Eventually as full speed is realized the ball is almost to a complete stop and bright glowing bolts (kind of like lightning) start to appear and the rest of the environment is paused. The ball is grabbed by the character, and just as it is grabbed we see movement beginning to happen again, and the bolts start disappearing.

Snyder is asking the team to really push for new ways of showing speed. An assistant stated at a meeting that Snyder said pretty much word for word “ I want jaws to f***ing drop. It’s time to shake up the balance of realism, and add a bit of wow factor. People are paying money to see these super powered beings in all their glory. It has to look awesome, better than anything they have ever seen in any superhero movie. Look at the competition (Avengers), we will have characters doing things that they can’t do. It’s gotta be shown and blow people away…”

I'm not sure what CBM's track record is, but that does sound pretty cool.

CBM does a pretty good job of trying to filter the bogus leads from the promising ones.

No they don't. They just pretty much spray anything they think will get hits all over their frontpage.

They have less editorial restraint than Latino Review.

If someone else has posted it somewhere, they'll reword it and repost it themselves. That's their M.O.

jett

D-Member
That last post was just a warm-up. Here's a more interesting rumor.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=103950

I'm not sure what CBM's track record is, but that does sound pretty cool.

Eh, if not the Flash, which character could that be?

I don't think we ever will until they go full CG. A guy wearing batman's mask is pretty dumb and impractical in real life.

I don't really like CGI doubles but hell, I'll allow it for Batman. I'm tired of seeing the same thing every movie.

I don't think we ever will until they go full CG. A guy wearing batman's mask is pretty dumb and impractical in real life.

Unless it's cloth, which would be hard to make it not look goofy.

No they don't. They just pretty much spray anything they think will get hits all over their frontpage.

They have less editorial restraint than Latino Review.

If someone else has posted it somewhere, they'll reword it and repost it themselves. That's their M.O.

You're shitting me if that isn't hyperbole. Latino Review got lucky once with Heath Ledger as The Joker, and since then have been the biggest pile of shit when it comes to rumors.

Bob White

They are trying to make it true to the comics, which, in real life, is not the most practical thing in the world. Means it has to be super tight and made up of very few, if not one, piece rather than segmented kevlar like Bale's suit.

And it's totally a step backwards. I don't care how good it looks in stills, I want a functional non robo cop moving batman.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Zack Snyder, do you even lift?

BscUvGZIQAEh8Vl.jpg

Who is this?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not saying it should happen, but do you guys think a CG cowl could work at this point?

Are there any examples of good CG masks applied to a character afterward?

I said good lol.

I was going to namedrop this movie as my biggest fear regarding CG suits and masks. Surely that isn't the best we can do at this point right?

PndD8.gif

A lot of Iron Man's armor is added in post in all the movies. Not always as extensive as this pic, but usually a fair amount.

But a big suit of armor is easier to put in with CG and make look good than a skin tight suit.

I had finally forgot green lantern movie existed until this thread. :(

I am sorry.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
PndD8.gif

A lot of Iron Man's armor is added in post in all the movies. Not always as extensive as this pic, but usually a fair amount.

But a big suit of armor is easier to put in with CG and make look good than a skin tight suit.

I am sorry.

The suit should be fine, complaints have always been leveled at the cowl from basically all of the actors. A CG cowl would make it a lot easier on the actors, and probably produce better choreography, but it would need to look perfect.

Penguin

Damn, I love The Rock. Why he gotta be so awesome?

Rock as Shazam is pretty badass casting. And we can still get him as Black Adam eventually.

He works for the role
He oozes charisma
And he has his child-like tendencies in his role.
Also pretty damn good with humor and already looks like a freak of nature.

Sulik2

The Rock as Shazam would be perfect. Shame about the Batsuit. Someone needs to figure out how to make a Batsuit where the actor can breathe and move. Seeing slow Batman over and over is getting annoying.

Mariolee

Watch him be misleading us and have it revealed he's actually The Flash or something.

Interesting though that he pointed out that it will be revealed very soon. I guess that Finke leaked schedule for the next few years is going to be formally announced at Comic Con this week. Hyped!

I do love the internet

"DC has no confidence in anyone but Batman/Superman"

Do something diff
"Just trying to throw shit to the wall!"

*Dwayne Johnson and DC have been talking for years about the right project*

OMG GREEDY DC ARE RUSHING TO CASH IN ON AVENGERS SUCCESS. FUCK THEM

Blader

Would that mean Shazam would be in Justice League too?

I guess it'd be ridiculous to leave the Rock out of a movie like that, but I don't know where he fits in the line-up either.

Mariolee

I guess it'd be ridiculous to leave the Rock out of a movie like that, but I don't know where he fits in the line-up either.

Pretty sure Shazam movie is coming out before Justice League according to the credible Finke leaked schedule:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

FeD.nL

So the Rock pretty much confirms (because he doesn't really dodge questions) that he'll be playing Shazam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Ef8qx6uOI

Great choice, and just by the enthusiasm he shows in the interview I really can´t wait to see it!

And I might be reading to much into this but when he begins to talk about how he would really want to play John Stewart he says there is already a different version of the character. Does he mean for Batman v Superman? Really wondering who they've casted since it'll probalby be Hal, right?

Mariolee

Great choice, and just by the enthusiasm he shows in the interview I really can´t wait to see it!

And I might be reading to much into this but when he begins to talk about how he would really want to play John Stewart he says there is already a different version of the character. Does he mean for Batman v Superman? Really wondering who they've casted since it'll probalby be Hal, right?

Pretty sure he means Ryan Reynolds.

Penguin

See Justice League War I guess.

I don't know if they'll do the same, but I loved the Cyborg/Shazam pairing in that movie. Both kind of the young, rookie heroes.

FeD.nL

Pretty sure he means Ryan Reynolds.

For BvS? Or just the previous movie. Because in the interview, the way I interpreted it, he's pretty clearly talking about Batman vs Superman, and when he says there is "already another version of the character" I only miss the words "in the movie". I really don't see them sticking with Ryan Reynolds but I dunno. But like I said I might be looking to much into it.

I honestly think they're struggling, ethically, with writing a 12 year old kid that joins the Justice League. Especially with a darker, more serious hero like Batman being in the mix. Sites would be waiting to tear down Superman for being an even more irresponsible dick. It flies in the comics, but theres a lot of more scrutiny for big tent-pole films like this.

With the persisting rumours that this is "Stand-alone" I have the feeling the films gonna be in the vein on a more kid-family-friendly film Boy gets Adult Superpowers! kind of film. Kind of like Kazaam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom