• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very cool. I remember a piece of fan art someone made after SDCC last year that basically had that premise - Batman in the cave, watching Zod's transmission. It's cool that someone brought it to life.

EDIT: Here we go
E2a2dYWJw08.jpg

Ahasverus

You know what I'm SUPER pissed about the new batman? The stiff neck AND HEAVY LEATHER CAPE. It's the 2 things actors/fans/people have been more vocal about for YEARS and Snyder is tacking us back to that. Preposterous.

You know what I'm SUPER pissed about the new batman? The stiff neck AND HEAVY LEATHER CAPE. It's the 2 things actors/fans/people have been more vocal about for YEARS and Snyder is tacking us back to that. Preposterous.

Have we seen it in anything besides the one pic with the batmobile?

Ahasverus

Have we seen it in anything besides the one pic with the batmobile?

Nope, but we've seen it on a good enough quality to guess the cape material, and the lack of neck articulation. The suit must weight ponds. will probably look super cool, but I prefer long flowing (and gliding) cape.

jackdoe

Nope, but we've seen it on a good enough quality to guess the cape material, and the lack of neck articulation. The suit must weight ponds. will probably look super cool, but I prefer long flowing (and gliding) cape.
It's too early to tell about neck articulation though. Especially with the weird way the neck looks in the pic. The actual suit is what seems like segmented foam rubber pieces covered by cloth to give it a uniform look, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the same concept applies to his cowl. A rubber helmet covered in the leather material of the cape to give the illusion that it's all one piece. In other words, the neck could be made of the same thin material as the cape which would allow him to feasibly turn his head. Or the neck area could be made of a thinner material. Either way, I'm hoping that the costume designer and Zack Snyder have done this. With just one picture, this is all hopeful speculation. And yeah, the costume would probably be worse to put on than the Batman Begins costume.

If theres one thing Snyders all about, its unrestrictive costumes. Look at 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel. Very quick and dynamic movements in the fight scenss. I wouldn't really expect tank controls Batman.

DaveH

Besides, who's to say Snyder doesn't CG the hell out of Batman's cape like he did Superman's in a lot of scenes?
Was going to say... it'll have all the heft and drama of leather for gargoyling, but somehow flit and flow like a comic book brought to life when in motion.

Very, very cool. I remember a piece of fan art someone made after SDCC last year that basically had that premise - Batman in the cave, watching Zod's transmission. It's cool that someone brought it to life.

EDIT: Here we go

The second I saw it, I knew it was fake. I have a picture I saved on my computer from back in February that is this exact look and style.

tumblr_mqd0rgJ8wH1r0d6q2o1_1280_zps3b4d7e2d.jpg

For a fake it's pretty damn good though.

J10

Banned

I bet the neck is CG.

The second I saw it, I knew it was fake. I have a picture I saved on my computer from back in February that is this exact look and style.

tumblr_mqd0rgJ8wH1r0d6q2o1_1280_zps3b4d7e2d.jpg

For a fake it's pretty damn good though.

Yup. It's a really cool, striking visual. If Snyder was into post-credit sequences, that would have been a great choice (or alternatively, an awesome piece of footage for Comic-Con).

MisterHero

I don't think any company has made as much out of a single slow news day as DC has with their Death of Superman gimmick. It's kind of amazing. And they KEEP trying to go back to it, like the reason it worked had anything to do with the story or the characters in it.

It worked because USA Today had nothing else to print.
Death of Superman happened because Lois & Clark were getting married on the TV show so they killed him to delay the comic book marriage. It had lots to do with character development!

Considering the current status quo though, maybe DC forgot the point after all.

if i was on set of a superhero movie with beast cavill and affleck it would probably inspire me to take the gym more seriously too.

dude's pretty big.

I am just happy we can finally get the gargling marbles batman of Nolan out of main pop culture

I mean a majority of fan made Batmans now have that annoying voice

Also when is comic-con?

inm8num2

New report suggests Ben Affleck didn’t take Christian Bale’s Batman advice

Before passing the torch to Ben Affleck, Christian Bale spoke to the actor about his upcoming role as Batman. Of all the things he could say, Bale only had one piece of advice. Here’s a refresher from an Access Hollywood interview last fall:

“The only thing I said to him is look, just make sure he can take a piss without anyone having to help him because it’s a little bit humiliating when you have to have someone help you out of the costume in order to do that. That was my main piece of advice for him.”

Well according to a new report, Ben Affleck is having some serious BAThroom problems. A film insider told the Daily Star:

“The suit is extremely restrictive. Ben finds it hard to perform basic tasks and struggles to look natural. He’s also been complaining of problems with breathing, given how tight the suit is.

“He’s constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it’s such an ordeal. The entire production has to stop and begin the tedious process of peeling the suit on and off. It’s not an ideal situation.”

Hard to perform basic tasks and look natural

....noooo I wanted this batman to be like a cross between captain America and Rama from the raid. We deserve a batman on screen with amazing combat scenes already

I hope the stuntguy can move fine

Well according to a new report, Ben Affleck is having some serious BAThroom problems. A film insider told the Daily Star:

I swear, I read that same pun in another article about this story.

EDIT: Yup, I did:

Beyond just the humorous nature of Batman having BAThroom problems, the report is relevant for another reason. If the report is true, then it sounds like the costume might not be a simple cloth costume after all, and there could be many layers, parts, and padding involved to the costume.

ROFL

how is it that suit sounds worse than Keaton's suit from 89?

They are trying to make it true to the comics, which, in real life, is not the most practical thing in the world. Means it has to be super tight and made up of very few, if not one, piece rather than segmented kevlar like Bale's suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom