• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

All for Rock being Shazam. They're officially calling him that in the comics now? There's no more wizard?

If he has the part I really do wonder who the kid will be. They can't possibly be considering doing away with Billy right? That could be the sink or swim casting choice. The interesting thing about the casting is the kid likely won't be white or shouldn't be considering Rock is Samoan and Black. Shazam is suppose to be the ideal adult version of Billy right? That's going to be an interesting diversity push by WB/DC.

Also something like Sandman could easily be separate and likely should. Shazam could go either way but you significantly increase the film's importance by making it part of the cinematic universe. Dropping hints that events along with BvS will lead into Justice League is an easy way of getting people in the seats to give it a chance when they otherwise wouldn't.

Penguin

I'm still predicating that the entire Finke list, assuming it's true, won't be announced at SDCC. They'll announce Wonder Woman, and Shazam. Maybe Momoa playing Aquaman.

It makes sense, especially when you consider they still have 2 years of hype/marketing for the FIRST film.

Zabka

That's damn good casting. I love the idea of Shazam being much bigger than Superman. Momoa's pretty big too, Cavill could be one of the smallest guys in the group.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about Green Lantern being cut.

The only classic JL member we should be worried about is MM. I have a feeling he won't be showing up until sequels. :(

Jason Momoa is playing Aquaman. If they are looking for a Lobo, Snyder doesn't have to look very far:

image_1.jpg

Damn right!

Penguin

The only classic JL member we should be worried about is MM. I have a feeling he won't be showing up until sequels. :(

Well don't believe he's been on the team since the new 52 so wouldn't expect him in the movies

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
The Rock??

Horrible, disastrous choice. He's way too campy, hammy and just wrong for the role.

Rock was ice cold in one movie i saw him in, he was like hunting down people that killed his brother. The guy has done normal roles outside of the action packed stuff. Did will as the true story adaptation football coach in the juvenile lock also.

Shaanyboi

Banned

If they're going New 52 line-up then we won't be seeing MM for a while. They could always change it up for a JL2 but that's a long way off

Leaving out the Flash would be the worst thing ever, he's the best comic relief in the group.

Depends on which Flash it is. If it's Barry he's not really a comic relief character, if they go Wally then sure.

I figure since Barry is the current Flash in the comics they'll probably go Barry.

LaNaranja

Well Shazam has now jumped to one of my most anticipated movies. The Rock brings so much energy to everything and he still seems like he loves what he does. I'm curious to see who they get to play the kid.

ReiGun

Barry is the show is pretty funny as well.

I think WB/DC is aware that Flash is seen as the funny one of the group. They'll write him accordingly, regardless of if it's Barry or Wally.

Given that those buildings all had their lights on, they killed off a TON of civilians during that fight. And people complained about the Supes movie!
Think that episode showed that was a new city, with no occupants yet.

Also, Superman was going through a rough phase in the show

Damn, I love The Rock. Why he gotta be so awesome?

Rock as Shazam is pretty badass casting. And we can still get him as Black Adam eventually.

how? Adam is a different person.

I would think they would probably leave out GL because he still has the stink from the Ryan Reynolds movie, unfair as that might be.

Wonder who they are picking for Billy, a complete unknown or some child actor that has some experience.

If they are going with option two, Green Lantern is the one on the chopping block. He's the one with the big critical failure under his belt and he's the only way we have no rumors about casting on (The Rock was the only actor rumored, and he just deconfirmed that).

If the rumor about the Brave and the Bold movie are true, that might be how WB is hoping to relaunch Lantern: having him buttressed by Flash in a movie where he can have a bit more focus.

Actually think leaving out GL is the smart play here
Since such a broad and wide franchise, could maybe have a diff angle where always existed, and teaming with a newish Flash or something

Allows them to skip over Hal/Carol again, maybe do Kyle or John

Green Lantern movie was a loooong time ago already. general movie going audiences do not have such long memories. it's a tired talking point that needs to be dropped already

I'm guessing Rock will still be bald (or they're not putting a toupee on him), so I guess they'll go with the hooded Shazam look?

he can still have short, cropped hair. that's how Billy wears it when in Captain Marvel form.

Kind of echoes the general sentiment of the internet these days. DC can do no right.

I'm, personally, looking forward to seeing what DC does. I'm admittedly unsold on DC heroes for the most part. Outside of a few standouts, they seem mostly silly but I'm still looking forward to how they translate.

silly compared to what?

I like this idea, but the only thing i hate about Shazam is that he's actually a kid.. I wish they changed his origin story.

no. that's what makes the character great.

Wow, so clever. This has bomb written all over it.

what has bomb written over it? we don't even have an official confirmation of what character he is playing and you are already convinced of it's failure? are you freaking insane?

Superman gets wrecked by magic.

yet he wrecked Billy here.

MARVEL FAMILY CHARACTERS?!?!?!?!

Already my favorite super hero live action film of all time. :D

Fake edit: I should reserve my unconditional love for Justice Society characters...

Penguin

I haven't. What does he say?

(never had the DVDs, haven't had a chance to hear a Bruce Timm commentary on anything

edit: that's not true, He did a commentary for Return of the Joker, right?)

I don't believe he does commentary for that episode?

For some reason, Warner/DC combined season 1/2 of JLU without telling them so there's like no commentary or documentary/behind the scenes on the whole Cadmus arc, which made me such a sad panda.

They do something on season 3, but it isn't much

Kind of echoes the general sentiment of the internet these days. DC can do no right.

I'm, personally, looking forward to seeing what DC does. I'm admittedly unsold on DC heroes for the most part. Outside of a few standouts, they seem mostly silly but I'm still looking forward to how they translate.

I've made my statement on the Marvel MCU vs the DC DCCU. but I completely agree with you on the feel of the majority of the more popular DC heroes that I know about, and it's why I've always leaned heavy on Marvel back in my comic days vs DC.

silly compared to what?
Compared to the other silliness. I mean comics as a whole can be considered "silly" but DC heroes have always had this weird tone to them that I can't really get behind. Can't quite put my finger on it.

I would say that Superman having some obscure abilities and more often than not being way OP, but then having the single vulnerability of kryptonite. Green Lantern in general. It's more than that, but sometimes the heroes are just way out there and/or have too many abilities.

It'll probably look like a TV show.

Zack Snyder doesn't make cheap looking movies

Go to mahvel studios for the starz tv show look

Flash is required for justice league. Hopefully Wally West too. That was pretty much quicksilver in xmen and he was incredible

I hope the avengers one has some inventive setpiece too

I don't believe he does commentary for that episode?

For some reason, Warner/DC combined season 1/2 of JLU without telling them so there's like no commentary or documentary/behind the scenes on the whole Cadmus arc, which made me such a sad panda.

They do something on season 3, but it isn't much

Thanks.

So what the hell was dude referencing with his comment, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom