• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shots like this would've been more affecting if each of these actors got their own movie first. I see Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot standing next to Superman.

That big Avengers gathering happened in 2010, with a new Hulk actor and before Thor and Captain America. Didn't stop it from being cool. Of course, you had RDJ's energy carrying the scene. It's cooler looking back on it now. What I'm saying is, you needed The Rock out there.

I dunno. DC characters have a totally different feel. Don't think that would work. I actually really enjoyed the potential of a Nolan-inspired DC cinematic universe. Despite the destruction, i *really* enjoyed MoS. I think the rumors of Lex being created as a powerful human holding the metas accountable for that destruction fixes the mistakes of the first film. In my perfect world, the Batman of the Bale films could totally work in the MoS-verse. I was really hoping for something closer to that. This reads like it's dangerously close to 300/Sin City territory. Without Nolan, if you let Snyder and Goyer cut loose, that's a VERY scary thought...

Conversely, I've enjoyed *nearly* everything new Marvel has done. Excluding Thor 1 and 2, they've got a consistent tone and cookie cutter formula that seems to work for them. It's fun. Doesn't stick with you. Great watching as a kid.

It's just a comic con teaser for the geeks

They got the writer of argo on this which leads me to believe they'll be going with the former style rather the latter overall

Or it could just be full on fuckery who knows

Whatever, these are all appetizers to me until the champ xmen apocalypse gets released

Effect

I'm surprised there wasn't anymore talk about future film. Though I guess they don't need comic con to do that. Better to wait until later and have the entire entertainment news cycle to yourself .

Xero

That big Avengers gathering happened in 2010, with a new Hulk actor and before Thor and Captain America. Didn't stop it from being cool. Of course, you had RDJ's energy carrying the scene. It's cooler looking back on it now. What I'm saying is, you needed The Rock out there.

rock to show up in justice league as himself, and he will still be overpowered next to superman.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Maddening how many people - knowing full well Snyder's films look stunning and they're rarely good - are hyped.
Who knows, maybe they liked MoS? Maybe they don't care.

Maybe they don't take movies that seriously, and just want a decent summer blockbuster? Who knows?

Maybe.

fuenf

Maddening how many people - knowing full well Snyder's films look stunning and they're rarely good - are hyped.

maybe some people liked 300, Watchmen, MoS? I think the quality of his movie is directly correlated to the writing talent behind them. I think that Watchmen is awesome, as is 300 and MoS was a potentially suberb film dragged down by some shit writing (I still like it very much, because whenever it hits the right notes it's absolutely awesome) and a score by Zimmer that's too dark. (Just think about it: Insert the MoS score into Nolan's Batman and the results would be even worse).

DeathyBoy

Banned
maybe some people liked 300, Watchmen, MoS? I think the quality of his movie is directly correlated to the writing talent behind them. I think that Watchmen is awesome, as is 300 and MoS was a potentially suberb film dragged down by some shit writing (I still like it very much, because whenever it hits the right notes it's absolutely awesome) and a score by Zimmer that's too dark. (Just think about it: Insert the MoS into Nolan's Batman and the results would be even worse).

Exactly.

I think Snyder, with a good script, is a damn solid director. But Sucker Punch and MoS, as visually great as they were, failed conceptually at the script stage. Like Costner worked his ass off as Jon Kent, but when the script is that ridiculous actor/director aren't going to be able to make the absurdity work.

- J - D -

They had Stark, Fury, BW, Coulson.

i'm just not enamored with the idea of a physical face off between batman and superman...

DkvNACj.gif

qGB5Ulr.gif

tmAy6S3.gif

TgnOy3d.gif

AmaAv7u.gif

All I ask for is smart Bruce Wayne, Wonder Woman not being dull and some Clark Kent scenes worthy of Christopher reeve

That's all I ask

I want Batman to have the dickish behavior of a super villain, though he's fighting crime. Asshole, smartest guy in the room, has a plan to defeat everyone he meets Batman has yet to be nailed on film.

Dahbomb

Shouldn't one punch from Superes literally make Batman's head explode?
Yes but a combination of weakened Superman, red light projector, kryptonite, crazy Iron Man-esque Batman suit (because you know that IM suit can withstand a hit from Mjolnir) could make this an actual fight.

bullshit fight. and batman...still lost that fight. with supe's character being butchered, hit from kryptonite and a goddamn nuke, supe's was still the last man standing.

oh also its its not cannon :kappa:

I don't know man, I think Bats came out the winner from that fight.

But yeah, Bats wouldn't have stood a chance had Supes not been weakened by the nuke and then the kryptonite gas.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ Batman "losing" the fight.

The fight happened all according to Batman's plan.

It's pretty obvious Superman would never lose to Batman unless Batman had either red light projector or kryptonite (green or yellow). With those two Batman should never "lose" either so the whole fight rests on the inclusion of the plot devices. Which means the fight isn't down to a physical beat down but rather the writing of the author. If the author wants they can have Superman kill Batman in a second before he even has time to react... but then that would mean that he makes Superman look like a dick.

I don't know man, I think Bats came out the winner from that fight.

But yeah, Bats wouldn't have stood a chance had Supes not been weakened by the nuke and then the kryptonite gas.

or held back and let batman beat him up...

anyways, like i said...the whole premise for that fight was crap, just so miller could have his batman wank

or held back and let batman beat him up...

anyways, like i said...the whole premise for that fight was crap, just so miller could have his batman wank

I think it served a good example of what a prep time Batman is truly capable of. I can understand why some don't like it though, the idea of an old Batman beating the crap out of Superman is probably a hard pill to swallow, but I loved it.

It showed that for al his power, he could still be brought down by someone he doesn't really see as a threat. He's blinded by the arrogance his power affords him and he pays dearly for it.

ReiGun

All I ask for is smart Bruce Wayne, Wonder Woman not being dull and some Clark Kent scenes worthy of Christopher reeve

That's all I ask

All I want is for them to not be assholes. Especially Batman. It confounds me to no end how enamored people are with interpretations of Bats that make him a completely anti-social asshat.

All I want is for them to not be assholes. Especially Batman. It confounds me to no end how enamored people are with interpretations of Bats that make him a completely anti-social asshat.

But that's the point of Batman. He doesn't trust anyone, and that really should come across in this.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

i wouldn't expect a different response from a batman fan...

I think it served a good example of what a prep time Batman is truly capable of. I can understand why some don't like it though, the idea of an old Batman beating the crap out of Superman is probably a hard pill to swallow, but I loved it.

It showed that for al his power, he could still be brought down by someone he doesn't really see as a threat. He's blinded by the arrogance his power affords him and he pays dearly for it.

some don't like it because it goes against everything that superman is. it wasn't even a real display of superman's power. nor was it about superman being blinded by arrogance from his power. he held back.

its also an elseworlds story...in canon batman has never beat superman, while the vice versa has happened. in canon.

See I always hated this fight because Superman goes easy and never wants to hurt Batman, heck in a way he wanted to lose. Is there a single example where Batman and Superman fight and Batman comes out victorious without Superman going easy or mentally doing his best not to hurt Batman.

fortomorrow3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom