• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I always hated this fight because Superman goes easy and never wants to hurt Batman, heck in a way he wanted to lose. Is there a single example where Batman and Superman fight and Batman comes out victorious without Superman going easy or mentally doing his best not to hurt Batman.

The fight in Hush. Batman whoops his ass rocking two kyptonite rings. Superman is in full rage mode too, glowing red eyes and everything.

Dahbomb

See I always hated this fight because Superman goes easy and never wants to hurt Batman, heck in a way he wanted to lose. Is there a single example where Batman and Superman fight and Batman comes out victorious without Superman going easy or mentally doing his best not to hurt Batman.
There's probably no example because Superman's good heart is also his weakness in combat. And Batman himself doesn't really kill either.

There has been no true "battle to the death" between Superman and Batman. In the situation where Superman goes completely mental he would put down Batman pretty quickly assuming Batman doesn't have a kryptonite ring on him (or two).

Penguin

But that's the point of Batman. He doesn't trust anyone, and that really should come across in this.

Which got harder and harder to justify when they added in a kid sidekick, and another and another and another

The dude is a loner with the biggest extended family in comics!

ReiGun

But that's the point of Batman. He doesn't trust anyone, and that really should come across in this.

Yeah, except Alfred, Gordon, Superman, Wonder Woman, the rest of the League, Catwoman, the Robins, the Batgirls, all those dudes from Batman Inc, etc.

Batman being a loner who refuses to work with or trust anyone doesn't really jive with most of his character. If you want to make him suspicious of Superman given the events of MoS, okay. There's ground there, to be sure. But making him the kind of unlikeable and untrustworthy person that no one in their right mind would want to work with and yet fans clamor for holds no interest for me.

Hush? I think that's the closest we'll get.

Superman WOULD NEVER fight Batman all out, and never will, it's just a fact of existence. The sun rises, the moon glows, Superman will not kill Batman.

And also in that DKR fight, Superman isn't really holding back. He is hurting after Batman setup Green Arrow to shoot a kryptonite gas arrow in his face. Knowing Superman will catch it, its just explodes in his face and he breathes in the gas.

Dahbomb

Even in Hush there's a thought bubble where Batman says that Superman would never kill him because he's a good person... and that's his weakness which allows Batman to beat his ass up.

And also in that DKR fight, Superman isn't really holding back. He is hurting after Batman setup Green Arrow to shoot a kryptonite gas arrow in his face. Knowing Superman will catch it, its just explodes in his face and he breathes in the gas.
Superman was definitely holding back before he got gased though. Batman of course took that into account which is why he knew he would be able to stall long enough for Green Arrow to do his thing.

The fight in Hush. Batman whoops his ass rocking two kyptonite rings. Superman is in full rage mode too, glowing red eyes and everything.

Superman is fighting back against mind control, also batman broke his own hands. After the fight Superman didn't have a scratch on him.

I guess it's the closest we will ever get, but end the end everytime the two fight, Batman's best weapon is to stall Superman until someone else saves the day.

ReiGun

When the Brother Eye shit was going down, a mind controlled Superman went full tilt against Bats and nearly killed him. Bruce was hospitalized for a good long while.

What an asshole I look like. Thanks WB. No Rock announcement? Bleh.

/salt

(To be fair, my sodium intake is a little higher today too.)

Gadot looks great, though.

And that teaser description? C'mon now.

Potato Phone WILL be incoming. If it's anything like last year, we should be seeing blurry pics of that shit in a couple hours.

Then again, look at how fucking right I was about that Shazam announcement if you wanna chance taking my predictions seriously. Jesus.

ReiGun

All that DC hype leading into the panel and all we get is the actors on stage for a minute and a (admittedly cool) WW reveal and a teaser.

Meanwhile, if you like The Hobbit, you certainly got your fill cause fuck.

Gonzalez

Banned
All that DC hype leading into the panel and all we get is the actors on stage for a minute and a (admittedly cool) WW reveal and a teaser.

Meanwhile, if you like The Hobbit, you certainly got your fill cause fuck.

The movie is coming out in 2016. Lord help me!!

Gadot looks great, though.

And that teaser description? C'mon now.

Potato Phone WILL be incoming. If it's anything like last year, we should be seeing blurry pics of that shit in a couple hours.

Then again, look at how fucking right I was about that Shazam announcement if you wanna chance taking my predictions seriously. Jesus.

There's gotta be something more later today, right? Would they really fly the trinity out for 5 minutes of standing on the stage? Would The Rock really be trolling this hard about Shazam leading right up to this weekend and then nothing? Right????

That's what is weird to me at this point. I know for a fact that this slate of super-secret (or not so secret if what Ms Finke reported was true) of DC projects does exist it's just a little strange how WB keep on moving the goal posts for when they are going to reveal them.

Even if Finke's list of DC films isn't true (and it's looking increasingly likely that it is at least partially) then the studio is still aggressively building a DC cinematic universe so it might be waiting for everything to come together before they can comfortably announce everything.

But the silence is deafening.

Deafening indeed. I wonder what's going on here; they haven't even given Justice League a full, official announcement.

Blader

Deafening indeed. I wonder what's going on here; they haven't even given Justice League a full, official announcement.

All that shit is still 3+ years away, there's no need to announce it now and waste that early hype.

On that note, I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect Marvel to announce its 2017 and beyond slate today too.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
1406407387380_zps8feb082c.jpg

Legit?

Penguin

All that shit is still 3+ years away, there's no need to announce it now and waste that early hype.

On that note, I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect Marvel to announce its 2017 and beyond slate today too.

Well that's I think the problem with the delay

It's been a year since they announced this movie and still two years before it's out
It's trying to stretch interest... And nothing to fill the gap in-between it

I'm sure we'll hear more throughout the year, but alas would have been nice to at least confirm a JL movie

Wonder if he's gonna plunge all of Gotham into a blackout just to have enough juice to dent the man.

This Superman doesn't seem THAT overpowered.

Also, at least I got the timing for the potatophone pics right.

Marvel is due for announcements. Marvel Studios is just Marvel. WB is DC and other properties. In the eyes of WB, the panel had BvS, Hobbit, Mad Max and Jupiter Ascending. Shazam was the disappointing exclusion when it was rumored for 2016.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Ganado_Gareth/1406407387380_zps8feb082c.jpg

Legit?

Tell Darkseid to sit down. He's blocking the screen.

ReiGun

Marvel will announce Captain Marvel and everyone will cheer and I'll go to sleep because Carol Danvers is boring.

But if they come out with that Black Panther tho?....You guys....my emotions....

ryan299

I think it's too soon for WB to announce more movies. BvS is still two years away, JL three. Still a comic con for BvS.

Yes Snyder movies haven't been the best but I still enjoy them. I love Watchmen and I really dug Man of Steel even though it has its faults. MOS made me like Superman. I never liked him as a character and now I do.

Dahbomb

The thing I like about this Batman vs Superman is that there is no previous friendship between the two. This is literally Batman taking on Superman the first time without really knowing his character or the fully extent of his capability.

Even if Batman is the aggressor... he is still the heavy underdog in the "fight". I am very very curious as to how this all plays out.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The thing I like about this Batman vs Superman is that there is no previous friendship between the two. This is literally Batman taking on Superman the first time without really knowing his character or the fully extent of his capability.

Even if Batman is the aggressor... he is still the heavy underdog in the "fight". I am very very curious as to how this all plays out.

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4Y8JtT1j0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom