• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really got the who marvel vs dc. I love both. why do people have to only like one? Like don't most people love Batman AND Spiderman? Like iOS vs Android is more understandable since you are only gonna use one or the either but with comics you can read both at the same time! How great is that?

People are dumb.

ReiGun

I never really got the who marvel vs dc. I love both. why do people have to only like one? Like don't most people love Batman AND Spiderman? Like iOS vs Android is more understandable since you are only gonna use one or the either but with comics you can read both at the same time! How great is that?

It's all the same shit to me. I like lighthearted fun and serious takes. I like Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Captain America, and a ton of others. Both have put out products I love and products I hate.

The burning need for their to be a clear "winner" when fans ultimately gain nothing from one winning and losing (where losing is defined as one disappearing/ceasing to make films, because those are the only stakes that make sense) is something I'll never understand.

The best thing about that suit is that it hides Ben Affleck's butt chin.

Not that I personally have any problem with the chin but at least we won't have to deal with more "OMG DA BUTT CHIN" comments.

agreed

but that chin can be ignored if we do get the white eyes for the normal suit

#TeamWhiteEyes

Lowmelody

Well fine, he wont kill him but I mean, Suparman could strip Batman down, tie him up and hang him in a zoo before poor Bats could even get out of his batmobile. :(

Pavaloo

Why wouldn't Superman just pick up Batman and throw him into the sun without kryptonite playing a roll somehow? It's like, ok you have armor and then ?????????????????

I'm bothered now

Superman is supposed to be too nice of a guy to do something like that. I understand how it could be hard to get that impression from MoS Superman ;)

MisterHero

Well fine, he wont kill him but I mean, Suparman could strip Batman down, tie him up and hang him in a zoo before poor Bats could even get out of his batmobile. :(

Batman will say something like Gotham will blow up if his heart rate disappears and fanboys will think it's super smart

1406407387380_zps8feb082c.jpg

Legit?
That Larry Fong feel.

IconGrist

Superman is supposed to be too nice of a guy to do something like that. I understand how it could be hard to get that impression from MoS Superman ;)

They may not be going for "too nice of a guy" Superman at all. Even in the description of the trailer I've seen many people report Superman looked really pissed. Accentuated by his eyes glowing red like he was about fry Batman where he stood.

Now I'm not saying he would straight up murder Batman but knocking his lights out doesn't seem far-fetched.

Assuming Batman doesn't use sonics to throw off his super hearing or flash bang him blind followed up with electric fist combo or something, sure.

Penguin

It's all the same shit to me. I like lighthearted fun and serious takes. I like Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Captain America, and a ton of others. Both have put out products I love and products I hate.

The burning need for their to be a clear "winner" when fans ultimately gain nothing from one winning and losing (where losing is defined as one disappearing/ceasing to make films, because those are the only stakes that make sense) is something I'll never understand.

Notice he leaves off Batman....

To belong some people feel they must exclude.

Nice! But he kinda looks like a Lego Batman.

Shockingly accurate. Go all the way and have Will Arnett redub Batman's lines.

BLACKLAC

So you just exposed yourself. That suit is very special to the Batman canon. You would know this if you read more and stopped championing everything Marvel does in the movies.

lol. I've posted gifs of Batman The Dark Knight Returns.

I know of the suit. Most don't.

And they will compare it to Iron Man.

Dahbomb

Let's just get this straight before any other person gets the wrong idea.

Batman in his armored suit is not a rip off of Iron Man. It's clearly a direct adaptation of his comic book Batman suit in The Dark Knight Returns. The glowing eyes are supposed to replicate the white eyes that Batman has in every medium except live action... not as a way to copy Iron Man's look.

It's about as stupid as saying as WW is a rip off of Lady Sif from Thor because DC wants to get that Marvel hype.

All that shit is still 3+ years away, there's no need to announce it now and waste that early hype.

On that note, I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect Marvel to announce its 2017 and beyond slate today too.

But it isn't 2017, its 2016 rumored and confirmed by Kevin Smith who has been a reliable insider. The only reason I care so much is because Shazam has been one of those properties that has always been thrown around a lot but never committed to. This about the closest we're getting to it, and the Rock has been throwing hints around the last few days.

Maybe it will be a surprise announcement during the WB TV/DC Entertainment Panel.....

Is that like TV shows and DTV Animated Films? Would like to see what Batman Unlimited was about.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So you just exposed yourself. That suit is very special to the Batman canon. You would know this if you read more and stopped championing everything Marvel does in the movies.

I know of the armored suit, just having fun.

And I actually was the most vocal hater of Iron Man 3 in that recent thread, so assuming you meant to quote me there, you're off by a bit.

Blader

But it isn't 2017, its 2016 rumored and confirmed by Kevin Smith who has been a reliable insider. The only reason I care so much is because Shazam has been one of those properties that has always been thrown around a lot but never committed to. This about the closest we're getting to it, and the Rock has been throwing hints around the last few days.

Is that like TV shows and DTV Animated Films? Would like to see what Batman Unlimited was about.

No I agree about Shazam, I'm surprised it wasn't announced especially with all of the Rock's teasing this week. What I was saying is that I didn't expect WB to say anything about Justice League or any of the other movies rumored to follow in 2017 and onward.

From IGN

It starts with thunder and rain, as a hand pulls a tarp off of something… it’s Ben Affleck’s Batman on a Gotham City rooftop, and he’s in the full bat-armor from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns. His eyes are glowing white, and we see that what he’s pulled that tarp off of is the bat-signal. He turns the signal on and the famed bat symbol fills the sky… but then we see it’s aimed at something. At a man floating in the sky. A super-man! Cut to a close-up of Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel as his eyes start to glow with heat vision. Cut back to Batman whose eyes are still glowing white. It’s the stare down of all stare downs! Cut to the title screen: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Alienous

I don't think Snyder cares about a cohesive product.

I seriously think he just wants to see his favorite comic book moments on the big screen. His over-eagerness will send the DC movie franchise into another decade of purgatory. You can't just splooge the minute you get the keys to these iconic characters.

I can't fathom a context in which this fight would go down with a armoured Batman, and glowy red eyed Superman, in year one of the characters meeting. The fight should go exactly like how it did in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom