• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I don't think Snyder cares about a cohesive product.

I seriously think he just wants to see his favorite comic book moments on the big screen. His over-eagerness will send the DC movie franchise into another decade of purgatory. You can't just splooge the minute you get the keys to these iconic characters.

I can't fathom a context in which this fight would go down with a armoured Batman, and glowy red eyed Superman, in year one of the characters meeting. The fight should go exactly like how it did in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.
Well then it's a good thing you're not writing the movie, I'd say!

Mobius 1

1406407387380_zps8feb082c.jpg

Legit?

Oh shit. I am now interested.

I seriously think he just wants to see his favorite comic book moments on the big screen. His over-eagerness will send the DC movie franchise into another decade of purgatory. You can't just splooge the minute you get the keys to these iconic characters.

I can't fathom a context in which this fight would go down with a armoured Batman, and glowy red eyed Superman, in year one of the characters meeting. The fight should go exactly like how it did in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

That's a lot of "thinking" and guessing based off of a (maybe) one-to-two minute clip of a full scene we probably won't see for another year plus.

And there's plenty of context in which a tense meeting between the two can happen. Like the very first.

IconGrist

Given the context of the scene, Superman is in Gotham and he looks pissed. The easiest explanation is Batman did something Superman was not very happy about.

Of course for all we know this specific scene may not even be in the movie.

manual4

Banned

allot of analyzing for a brief scene.

Alienous

Well then it's a good thing you're not writing the movie, I'd say!

I can't fathom how it would fit in. Unless Batman and Superman fight more than once ("Now I'm prepared, with this armoured suit"), which belittles both characters, or Luthor just isn't the big bad.

No way. Not in a 2 hour movie.

.GqueB.

Banned

Shaaaat aaaaaap

ReiGun

I can't fathom how it would fit in. Unless Batman and Superman fight more than once ("Now I'm prepared, with this armoured suit"), which belittles both characters, or Luthor just isn't the big bad.

No way. Not in a 2 hour movie.

Or maybe they fight once, but Batman puts on armor before squaring up against the alien superbeing because he's not a dumb shit.

Just a guess.

Alienous

Or maybe they fight once, but Batman puts on armor before squaring up against the alien superbeing because he's not a dumb shit.

Just a guess.

But unless they meet halfway through the film, how could that be their sole fight? They'd have to fight before understanding eachother, right? You couldn't have them interacting with eachother for an hour, then death battle. Prepared, armoured Batman vs Superman happening in the first hour of the film?

Maybe it could work, but I can't comprehend how you'd pull that off.

Loxley

If Joss When can vaguely manage to justify Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America engaging in that fan-service fueled dick-measuring contest in the woods, despite only knowing each other other for about six minutes, then I think Snyder can easily justify Batman wearing armor like that as a precaution when meeting one of the Godlike aliens that destroyed Smallville and a large chunk of Metropolis.

.GqueB.

Banned
And Wonder Woman should be just as tall as either of them but that ain't gonna happen in this movie.
It should. Gadot is 5'9 and wearing heels. So she'll at least appear to be the same size. Plus camera tricks and all.

If Joss When can vaguely manage to justify Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America engaging in that fan-service fueled dick-measuring contest in the woods, despite only knowing each other other for about six minutes, then I think Snyder can easily justify Batman wearing armor like that as a precaution when meeting one of the Godlike aliens that destroyed Smallville and a large chunk of Metropolis.
Hm. Good point.

SJRB

Gold Member

You have two years to fathom it.

bwahhhhh

Did henry Cavil lose weight or is affleck just THAT much more jacked?

Does it look weird that Batman is buffer than Superman?

Cavill looks good as Superman because he is much smaller (3-4 inches) than an Affleck (or even Routh-Superman). Like, if you separate Cavill and Affleck, Cavill will look more jacked. but side-by-side, Cavill will looks smaller. (same with Super-Routh, though the costume he wore in SR was... a particularly slimming one, like they wanted him to look lanky despite him being huge. tiny codpiece, tiny/short boots, tiny symbol... weird design that resulted in the Superboy look, despite him being huge

Affleck does look jacked as hell, though

jackdoe

But unless they meet halfway through the film, how could that be their sole fight? They'd have to fight before understanding eachother, right? Prepared, armoured Batman vs Superman happening in the first hour of the film?

You can fit a hell of a lot in two and a half hours. And I'd imagine that the film will be three acts. First act, Batman investigates and does something to antagonize Superman (with Lex's subtle manipulation). Second act would be the fight and reconciliation. And the third act would be the team up against the bigger bad with Wonder Woman.

No I agree about Shazam, I'm surprised it wasn't announced especially with all of the Rock's teasing this week. What I was saying is that I didn't expect WB to say anything about Justice League or any of the other movies rumored to follow in 2017 and onward.

While it's still possible that more announcements are coming in the next few months, I think the absence of any broader DCCU news today suggests that WB's DC plans post-BvS simply are not as settled as Finke or Smith would have it. Plans can change, and even insiders get stuff wrong.

The lack of Shazam or Sandman in particular makes them increasingly unlikely to happen as 2016 releases, as per Finke's list. Actually, Finke's July 2016 date for Shazam was always dubious, since WB already has two big films dated for that month (Tarzan and Guy Ritchie's King Arthur).

ReiGun

But unless they meet halfway through the film, how could that be their sole fight? They'd have to fight before understanding eachother, right? You couldn't have them interacting with eachother for an hour, then death battle. Prepared, armoured Batman vs Superman happening in the first hour of the film?

If Batman is as intelligent as fans say he is, it should take him about half a second to realize he should armor up if he's going to take on Superman.

I'm betting it'll be their one fight before they agree to work together. It's not that hard to justify.

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

I'm starting to get a little hyped.

I'm honestly gonna be disappointed if that isn't in the film, and I know it isn't but shit I need it.

inm8num2

I wonder if the B/S fight is the climax of the film? Or does it come sooner? Way too early to know, but something fun on which to speculate. :)

Pavaloo

batman will probably have studied the zod fights/news footage and prepped a trap for superman - then does something mean to piss him off and have him come towards gotham

maybe he bangs lois or something

badda bing badda boom

Philippo

I'm honestly gonna be disappointed if that isn't in the film, and I know it isn't but shit I need it.

I actually don't want to see it.
I mean, in TDKR is a line that comes after a massive build up and a long relationship between the two.
If Batman says that in the movie were they first meet it would be kinda weird, almost like a threat lol

Alienous

If Batman is as intelligent as fans say he is, it should take him about half a second to realize he should armor up if he's going to take on Superman.

I'm betting it'll be their one fight before they agree to work together. It's not that hard to justify.

But that would place the fight in the films first hour, surely? Before the main characters ever really converse.

The definitive comic book fight in the first hour of the film. It's insane to lead with that kind of fight (assuming that the fight would be TDKR inspired). Then after this prepared death duel they team up and what, fight Metallo? Luthor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom