• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

What a shit event. I honestly didn't expect much at all, but I was still let down. That says a lot. Fuck daylyt the biggest surprise was Mook. I honestly think hes avg or below, but he had the best performance of the night. In all honesty he cooked Lux. I bet his material would have killed it on a URL stage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL PG: Dot vs. Chess

"You're fucked like a rapist
I'll let it ring like 4 times, no Olympics"

"I'm steps outside of your house, that's a porch" DONDEMARCODEMARCO

This is like, the ultimate battle of reaches. God damn. Worst PG ever perhaps?

re-watching joe vs hollow, I'm warming up on hollows first two rounds.

Not the best don at all, he was operating at like 65% strength. Still more than enough to clearly beat Joe's cloying delivery and light bars the first two rounds.

It's a toss up between who had the more embarrassing 3rd. The internet consensus is looking like Joe, but I'm leaning toward Hollow tbh. He's supposed to be a more seasoned competitor than that.

After now having watched all the battles, I'd say Arsonal or Rex probobly had the best performances of the night. Purely based on the simple fact that they didn't completely shit the bed. Rex's rounds fell a bit flat though. I don't care as much about your rhymes when you're spitting them to a dude in a Spawn costume who clearly doesn't give a fuck.

Mook did aight, but he's getting a lot of credit for what's essentially a half assed recreation of Hollow's shit vs Lux. A lot of the same angles, with less memorable writing/moments. Nothing Mook did really stacked up with "circus act to see this clown get through a fire round" or "he a lost nigga? I found him, say it to Black Face" or even had the style of the "loaded for loaded" shit.
This post is poetic. So true. Event in a nutshell.

Has Dizaster responded to KOTD yet? I'm hoping he apologizes, I really enjoy watching his battles.
Nah, he sort of doubled down on his, "yeah I don't regret shit" thing.

If you go longer into that Olympic bar, that dumbass says "Gabby Davis" instead of "Douglas".

I guess saying the right thing doesn't rhyme with rapist lmao

I did crack up at both their second rounds

Dot clowning him about taking out the trash/ making sure his homework is done

Chess doing that stupid "my gun so big" shit

Literally the only good things in this battle. I guess smack wanted to have a "who could have a worse battle" competition with total slaughter by releasing this shit lmao

m23

jWq20RCi3iopO.png

https://twitter.com/HollowDaDonLOM/status/488609366128340992

Lol I'd be surprised if they do another Total Slaughter ever again.

Furyous

jWq20RCi3iopO.png

I wouldn't be surprised because it was their first event. You need time to iron out the kinks in these events anyway.

Joe gave Hollow that work for two straight rounds and now he wants Em? GTFOH. It's like three people that make *might* make an entertaining battle with Em and Hollow ain't one of them, IMHO. Lux, T-Rex, and Serius Jones.

Mook needs to retire after his battle with Lux because his bars were subpar. Especially that Hippo line. Lux needs to take the Mook route and battle every few years.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ebro and Miss Info and some others talk about Total Slaughter. Intelligent discussion for the most part except for the fact that the judges conversation is pretty ironic considering judges were changed by Budden to be more in his favour. The interesting thing Ebro brings up is that a lot of people seemed to have enjoy it. Is this a W for battle rap? Like, if y'all think this shit was hot, wait till you see what else we have?

AHAT: Danny Myers vs. Dre Vishiss. Danny Myers did his thing. Some :wow: punchlines in there, but overall an okay battle.

jWq20RCi3iopO.png

Depends on how salty Joe is still.

Though this is how Hollow got the Joe battle in the first place, Eminem is a pretty big jump up from that and he'd NEVER do it. I mean who's left for Hollow now? Clips and Mook since Dizaster is a liability now? And nobody is tryna see Mook vs. Hollow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lux vs. Hollow battle only has 14k views. Released 6 months later on a channel with no subscribers.

And the footage wasn't even edited, pretty much just the feed chopped up and uploaded.

UW still owes Lux and Hollow most of their pay. Or maybe they don't because they ditched UW to start up U DUBB. Gee, I wonder why anyone would change their brand coming off of that battle for any reason other than to run away from paying people.

Thanks for keeping this classic underground, Arsonal.

EDIT: Hitman Holla on AngryFanRadio. Holla is one of the most down to earth dudes in battle rap. He makes pretty good arguments for why he's top 5 too. Battles more than all these other people who are considered vets/top 5 and is more consistent. Real talk, is there anyone else with more memorable punchlines than Hitman Holla? Overall good conversation about how much they get paid, why he turned down and doesn't regret turning down Total Slaughter, Ill retiring, etc.

Qp vs bill collector is so entertaining lol

I just love how Qp, Cortez, John John and calico have to give it up at some of bills stupid shit. Its so dumb, it's hot

Also, who the fuck is Qp hand slapping every few seconds with in the crowd lnao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wildin Out: Conceited vs. Hitman Holla.

QOTR: Jaz The Rapper vs. 40 BARRS. Potential body of the year. Goddamn.

I don't get why Bill Collector gets hated on. He's unique, one of those self-aware battle rappers and arguably one of the funniest in all of battle rap. I guess he gets the same hate Tech 9 gets though. I only really like 2-3 battles from him though.

Watched the Total Slaughter battles again because I was bored. Man they straight HATED on Lux' second round, jesus. Still think Mook clearly won though. Rex, Ars and Big T actually came better than what I initially saw. Ars probably had the best performance all night TBH.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quick question: After watching that massacre, how a many times can you remember a body happening and the person went first?
Charlie Clips vs. X-Factor. Which is one fucking hell of a body.

When I did the first battle plug I just went straight to the next battle lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
y'all sleeping on Lotta Zay vs. C3

Zay's 2nd might be round of the year.

Also I'm getting a bit thirsty out here because URL hasn't released anything in over a week.

y'all sleeping on Lotta Zay vs. C3

Zay's 2nd might be round of the year.

Also I'm getting a bit thirsty out here because URL hasn't released anything in over a week.

Duel in the desert tho

Iuno how 90% of the time, we on the same page and then there's the 10% where we on totally opposite sides

C3 beat zay 3-0. Every round from her was fire. Shotgun Suge line was best of the battle by far. Zay did good, but was outclassed each round. This is prolly in my top10 favourite battle this year ( mad replay value)

I haven't forayed into any of the girl battlers in any detail, only seen a few of jaz, 40 and Bonnie's battles. Like 2 from each. They were all wack. C3 is easily my favourite out of them and I will definitely be checking for her some more.

Also, dat redhead chick barely visible in front of the stage. I see you

Gatta catch up haven't really watched battles all week. Managed to catch the official Math vs Diz footage.

Battle was actually really close, one of the better Diz performances in a while. Math had a bunch of killer lines that got outright slept on, and it's not like the crowd wasn't fucking with him either.

Can't really call that one atm, right now I got math taking it in a close 2-1.

Time to watch Jaz vs 40.

Gatta catch up haven't really watched battles all week. Managed to catch the official Math vs Diz footage.

Battle was actually really close, one of the better Diz performances in a while. Math had a bunch of killer lines that got outright slept on, and it's not like the crowd wasn't fucking with him either.

Can't really call that one atm, right now I got math taking it in a close 2-1.

Time to watch Jaz vs 40.

Gun so big

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: T-Rex vs. Cortez.

To quote one of the comments, "18 minutes??? i already know this finna be some bullshit lmao"

..:(

EDIT: This battle was as bullshit as possible. Complete bullshit. Crowd didn't want to fuck with the battle after all the bullshit started. Cutting off Cortez when he got cooking, Rex using a ton of overused punches and lame schemes, Cortez taking the worst approach, etc. They weren't battling each other, they were battling the clock. What could've been the best battle on the card is not salvageable. Then Cortez stops wasting time in the third with his delivery as well. Fuck this shit.

ARK322

Neo Member
I'm looking for some recommendations if anyone has any. Basically, I'd like to find more battles where 1) both MCs are evenly matched and 2) they're both super lyrical and almost every bar is fire. For reference, JC vs Chilla is probably my favorite battle, and I've also really liked more recent stuff like Brizz Rawsteen vs. Young X and Daylyt vs. Chilla. So if anyone can think of some battles along those lines, I'd love to know.

I'm looking for some recommendations if anyone has any. Basically, I'd like to find more battles where 1) both MCs are evenly matched and 2) they're both super lyrical and almost every bar is fire. For reference, JC vs Chilla is probably my favorite battle, and I've also really liked more recent stuff like Brizz Rawsteen vs. Young X and Daylyt vs. Chilla. So if anyone can think of some battles along those lines, I'd love to know.

Surf vs conceited was very consistent
Ill will vs b magic was a bar fest
Danny Myers vs rum nitty was crazy too

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lottazay vs Syahboy
Nuborn vs Superwriter
Ty Law vs Jay Rell
Jay Rell vs. Danny Myers
Bigg K vs. The Saurus
Bigg K vs. Illmaculate
Danny Myers vs. Mr. Mill$
Big T vs. Tsu Surf

EDIT: dying here

KOTD - Rap Battle - Charlie Clips vs Daylyt

edit:

Had Charlie on the PPV, but watching again I really feel like Day got this. Day had too many crazy lines & quotables. If he had just ended his 2nd & 3rd rounds stronger it would have been more definitive.

I got Day taking RD1 clearly, RD2 is debatable but I'm edging to lyt and I give Clips the 3rd.

Definitely have to watch this a couple more times though. Day vs Chilla still stacking views and this one looks like it'll do good numbers too.

I live in Vancouver and participate in a monthly comedy show called 'Rapp Battlez Wezt Coazt'.

It's a lot like a regular rap battle except all the rappers are stand up comics or improvisers, and the battles are done in character with full costumes, with the two hosts commenting on the battle as it takes place. It's silly, but a lot of fun. Think Epic Rap Battles of History in front of a live audience and you get the idea.

I made an audio recording of my battle this Saturday- feel free to give it a listen. It's long because my opponent kept forgetting his rhymes and had to check his phone, but there are definitely a few good punch lines in there.

I'm the second guy up, battling as Andy Warhol and my opponent is battling as Salvador Dali.

https://soundcloud.com/whoompthereitis/salvador-dali-vs-andy-warhol-battle-rap

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD - Rap Battle - Charlie Clips vs Daylyt

edit:

Had Charlie on the PPV, but watching again I really feel like Day got this. Day had too many crazy lines & quotables. If he had just ended his 2nd & 3rd rounds stronger it would have been more definitive.

I got Day taking RD1 clearly, RD2 is debatable but I'm edging to lyt and I give Clips the 3rd.

Definitely have to watch this a couple more times though. Day vs Chilla still stacking views and this one looks like it'll do good numbers too.
jesus christ Clips' first round is some other shit, flipped Daylyt's first, brought out a new flow, and kept that scheme way tighter than the MK shit. Day's transitions are too fucking sublime, but he had some cheese that fell flat with me, especially that last bit.

1st debatable, 2nd clearly to Clips because Day started fumbling and look like he choked, and 3rd is debatable cause Day started heating up by the end. 3-0 Clips, no body, edging every round. Clips is just something else man, he might just be better than Hollow at this point with this consistency and the amount of structure he's bringing now.

yet another fantastic battle, 2014 has had a ton of potential classics

what I got to put it in griiiiiiiindddddddiiiiiiiiiiiing or something?

mileS

bahahahaha

Hard to call that battle for me personally. Clips is getting better and better thats for sure. Hope he keeps that up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Go-Rilla Warfare card:

BtrDeKiCQAEi4HV.jpg

Yung Ill got locked up, apparently. Hope RemyD is still alive.

They did Reed dirty b, lmao

I live in Vancouver and participate in a monthly comedy show called 'Rapp Battlez Wezt Coazt'.

It's a lot like a regular rap battle except all the rappers are stand up comics or improvisers, and the battles are done in character with full costumes, with the two hosts commenting on the battle as it takes place. It's silly, but a lot of fun. Think Epic Rap Battles of History in front of a live audience and you get the idea.

I made an audio recording of my battle this Saturday- feel free to give it a listen. It's long because my opponent kept forgetting his rhymes and had to check his phone, but there are definitely a few good punch lines in there.

I'm the second guy up, battling as Andy Warhol and my opponent is battling as Salvador Dali.

https://soundcloud.com/whoompthereitis/salvador-dali-vs-andy-warhol-battle-rap
I was apprehensive to listen because it was audio-only, but this was pretty funny and sounds like it would be a blast to attend. Good shit.

Vancouver dude

Gimme details. I'll show up to one of those after finals are done

The clips slurping is alarming. Stop that Enzo
Clips is
G9mN7.png
though. He knows how to win, though I'm hearing he caught an L to O-Red, which is odd. O-Red trains with those weighted boots on for regular Jersey cards it seems.

Not sure if Clips' DBZ scheme was a deliberate flip of Day's DBZ scheme vs Shotty or just a parody of Day's frequent cartoon references, but it was incredible. Fusion dance with Chilla>>>

Day's just got those unorthodox lines though. "Two 4's leave 6 eight (ate)... who do we appreciate?" Nobody writes like that, love that shit.

I know some ppl think the blatant home team lines are corny but I really liked Day's "No Biggie" RD1 closer. That's how you end a round, if only he could have come like that to close of the 2nd & 3rd.

1st debatable, 2nd clearly to Clips because Day started fumbling and look like he choked

Ehh, I would hesitate to call it a choke. Seems like he expected to shut it down with the last line and it sort of killed his enthusiasm a bit.

On another note, I do think it sort of takes away from the west coast repping at the end of the 1st to say "maybe that's an east coast line" in his 2nd. Implying the east has smarter crowds and would have picked up on the scheme.

Either way another high replay value, potential classic under Day & Charlie's belt. Good look for the both of them and KOTD.

Clips is just something else man, he might just be better than Hollow at this point with this consistency and the amount of structure he's bringing now.

I'm gonna have to agree with this until he redeems himself from the Total Slaughter performance. Clips is putting out too much work at too high a level to deny right now.

Fuck gorilla warfare with the power of a million suns

That b-magic vs JC should've been an instant classic but the mics, and the crowd, deaded that

Magics 2nd was stupid. Boondock saint line was hard

O- solo line is top 10 of the year

Goddamn, conceited bodied this no name duece dude

Magic vs big T drops today

Not sure if even worth watching

Prolly never gonna watch that again

Big T with the "gun not so little" was the best of the battle.

Gathas vs hustle looks hype as fuck

Enzo, can we get a gif of that smack dance asap?

Top Bottom