• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Big T vs. B Magic

URL PGs: Th3 Saga vs. Blaqu Mugga. what at these names.

Still watching.

Conceited definitely obliterated that Florida dude though.

EDIT: B Magic had some bars. Magic 3-0 but SMH at that entire battle.

Th3 Saga vs. Blaq is something else though. They had some dry spots but damn.. some of these lines were so creative. Both these dudes were cooking at points.

That Green Ranger line LAWD

Maybe the wrong thread to state my opinion here, but I find these things so cringeworthy. It's little more than beat poetry to me. Maybe exactly beat poetry. Open mic night. I recognize that there is talent here, but even as a big fan of hip hop and someone who appreciates a good freestyle from an expensive american rapper, I can't get into these things no matter how hard I try. So much of it comes off as stupid, rehearsed.

Also, from the Reddit cringe channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfHB-ABKa6w

Erv

Maybe the wrong thread to state my opinion here, but I find these things so cringeworthy. It's little more than beat poetry to me. Maybe exactly beat poetry. Open mic night. I recognize that there is talent here, but even as a big fan of hip hop and someone who appreciates a good freestyle from an expensive american rapper, I can't get into these things no matter how hard I try. So much of it comes off as stupid, rehearsed.

Also, from the Reddit cringe channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfHB-ABKa6w
Expensive American rapper? What the hell are you taking about

Lmao wat

Also, dat young Charron stay starting shit

mileS

lol wut...

beat poetry? nobody battles with beats anymore. Battle's aren't about freestyling anymore. They haven't been for over 5 years or so, probably longer. I never understand why people try to get into battles and can't get over the fact battles can exist without beats or bad freestyles. Written battles are obviously going to have to be rehearsed (not with the other person, that goes without saying). Like when your favorite "expensive american rapper" writes a track, it is obviously going to need to be rehearsed to preform and remember.

But hey these things aren't for everyone, not going to hate on anymore that doesn't understand them or finds them stupid. There's a reason there's only about 5-6 of us that post and browse this thread on the regular anyway, and not more.

you bring shame to your username

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

What part about it makes it stupid?

I agree it's not for anyone, but some of it being rehearsed and it being presented in the format it is is exactly why we've seen a diversity of styles emerge and hip-hop in general reach some lyrical heights. It's a truly novel sport IMO, and that's what makes it interesting. That stuff you posted is pretty much the definition of amateur hour.

Sorry playas. I think it's a form of uncanny valley, for me. It's 'rap' and I grew up on rap and know the stuff - but not like this. Something is off with it for me. The lack of cadence to the rhymes or something. I guess it really isn't to my liking, especially acapella the way they do it now, outside of formats like Cipher. I almost named my first born Terence (Pusha T's first name), he is my favorite rapper living or dead. I really love rap, dancehall etc. Hard shit too. I recognize it takes talent, but I can't get into the super-try-hard-mode bravado of the kids, the fights - or even some of the language actually. I am the Top Shotta, mi hesitate none propa.

Sorry for saying it seemed stupid, but a lot of the lyrics - if that is what it's called - are kind of base and stupid at least from what I've seen. Like I said before, it just does nothing for me.

I think what I'm gonna do at the end of the year

Is Rewatch all the URL battles and take notes on the punches/ schemes where smack reacts

Prolly gonna be less than 30, but they all gonna be hot as shit

Goddamn

JC and syahboy both went offffff

JC clearly got the 2nd and syah clearly got the 3rd. 1st was debatable but they were both crazy.

Only complaint and it's minor was when JC threw off syah with that comment at the start of the third. Was mad funny but took a little bit of the momentum away.

Regardless, this is one I'm definitely gonna be checking again

"Why I did it? Cuz money talks, like Vic Damone"

Now I gotta watch that shit again. "Where are my diamonds"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
~~~***TOP 15 SMACK REACTIONS OF ALL TIME***~~~

15. Smack, who is this n***a?
Smack doesn't know how to handle this line, trying his hardest not to laugh

14. stir it in the flame
Smack with the quintessential GRRR THIS IS SOME HARD STREET SHIT I CANT EVEN SEE STRAIGHT B face

13. 2 n***as, 4 burners, n***a this that stovetop
Magic had a good run, n***a this that roadblock

Smack with the TALK THAT SHIT face

12. I'll use your face to bust blunts
You dirty, slut, cunts
Both of you together, orgy-style, wouldn't make me nut once

SAY IT AGAIN N***A

11. Stop coming at me with all those bitch gestures
How do you bust guns and live that life when you got something in your mouth that enhances your mans dick pleasure?

Self-explanatory

10. HE'S ON FIRE
Smack just vibrating from the rawness

9. It's gonna look like OKC when that DE spittin'
'Cause you're gonna be like Kevin Durant in the playoffs, y'all gonna see a PG missing

Smack just tryna make KD more embarassed than he already is

8. If I don't still will, the steel will
Headshots, he won't remember a round, I'll Yung Ill Will

Smack just going through the motions of "this is over, this is over. This is one of the most memorable lines ever for me. God fucking damn that shit hits so hard.

7. If you see me in the club, holla what it does
I'm jumping out that big body like Buddy Love

*Smack just starts dapping everyone up in the crowd*

6. Don't worry about it, I was just on my grill getting ready for the last cookin'
I'm not mad someone got kicked out for recording this ass whoopin'

Smack starts going HAM, the change of emotions is so sudden

5. ..and Swag's winning lotto stub
I'm sorry, the random zoom-in on Smack's face is just the funniest shit.

4. I'll pull that big ass AK out of the holster, let the barrel spin, and he'll get all 6 shots
Smack breaks composure and just walks off

3. Smack, bruh
You mean to tell me that when I see a sign that says Danja Zone, I walk in and see this fat fuck?

Smack with the unintentional acknowledgement that Danja Zone is fat

ibcnjb4WfRmfdq.gif

1. AND CONCEITED, I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAYS, PRETTY MOTHERFUCKER
ibwH7MukDgXoaT.png
ibwH7MukDgXoaT.png
ibwH7MukDgXoaT.png

There's one I can't find ATM where Smack just has a completely blank expression but then like 4 seconds after the bar he gives a nod of approval.

I like how right after clips exposes her stretch marks, shorty slides off into the night. Hilarious.

Pretty disgusting that he uses that chick as a prop in his little show, probably made her feel like shit while she's just doing her fucking job. I'm no white knight, but this is shitty.

mileS

Pretty disgusting that he uses that chick as a prop in his little show, probably made her feel like shit while she's just doing her fucking job. I'm no white knight, but this is shitty.

LMAO

you do realize that shes the type of chick to twerk at your son's birthday party for a line or $10 right? her fucking job, get outa here. She's getting payed (probably a very little amount) to wiggle her ass and hold the card up for 2 rounds, she's already a prop

You guys remember that KOTD battle where it had some guy in the crowd going crazy like holding his face and looking like he probably had some sort of downs? (Not trying to be rude but don't know how to describe him sorry)

I think I saw him yesterday at OVOfest, my friend pointed him out to me.

mileS

You guys remember that KOTD battle where it had some guy in the crowd going crazy like holding his face and looking like he probably had some sort of downs? (Not trying to be rude but don't know how to describe him sorry)

I think I saw him yesterday at OVOfest, my friend pointed him out to me.

Mindbender?
20090725_Mindbender.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gattas was a bit too wild and feeling herself yeah, but I respect the confidence. A lot of stopping and starting mixed with Smack tryna get the event to go faster.

Can't call the battle, maybe 2-1 Jadakiss. Smack started getting too turnt by the end.

EDIT: Link to all recent battles:

URL: Ms Hustle vs. Gattas

Conceited vs. Duce (the dude from Florida).

RBE: JC vs. Syahboy. Definitely a barfest, I think I might edge it to Syahboy.

EDIT2:
Yo Bill Collector vs. Daylyt at SM4?

billcollectfacebook.jpg

I feel like that battle is just inevitable, probably the ultimate matchup.

IMACOMPUTA

but he did :D

Man.
No fucking way. I'd even argue Diz got rounds 1 and 2 easily. But 3-0 Math?

Math said a bunch of generic shit while Diz destroyed his whole life.
I dunno what you guys saw...

Sorry to bring this up again, it just blows my mind that anyone would say 3-0 Math.

mileS

I don't like Math or Diz anymore personally. So I wouldn't really say I have any type of bias at all. I would go so far as to say I actually dislike Math more tbh. I was just impressed with his shit for Diz that's all. Went into it with an open mind, and thats how I came out, I would say personally he had that battle.

Also the material Diz had for Math kind of went out the window when he threw the punch at the end. You can't break someone down for being a punk and punching someone during a battle, and use that angle for more than one round, and then at the very end go ahead and do it yourself.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man.
No fucking way. I'd even argue Diz got rounds 1 and 2 easily. But 3-0 Math?

Math said a bunch of generic shit while Diz destroyed his whole life.
I dunno what you guys saw...

Sorry to bring this up again, it just blows my mind that anyone would say 3-0 Math.
is this opposite day

Pretty much everyone who was there said Math's 3rd shook up Diz because it broke him down something serious, and that's part of why Diz was so shaky. Don't understand how anyone could give Diz the 3rd especially. To humour you, I watched the battle again:

1st Round
Math out the gate addresses the hook, the criticism he's been getting from hip-hop at large and the hypocrisy attached to it, how people will still be talking about him after he gets black balled, etc. Also he mentions how he was the one to break up Diz/Arcane in Canada too. He says Diz has a predictable flow and Diz proceeds to do his part of this round with that predictable flow. You can hear it in your head right now even if you haven't watched the battle yet or in a while. Diz probably has more punches than Math but Diz has a lot of lame/reused lines for me (Math's first punch that landed, Judge who math-is, koopa/crip from hoover). If you're gonna give any round to Diz, it's this one.

2nd Round
Math had a crazy flow with that put you to sleep sequence, super unorthodox. Math's weakest round, but he spends it setting up Dizaster for the 3rd round. Diz opens with a great rebuttal, but spends his round talking about how knocking out Math will not prove anything, and more lame Math flips (beat the living algebra out of you), and ends with a failed gimmick that has nothing to do with his rhymes. I edge it to Math, he had considerably less dry spots (he still had some though, Dr. Dre scheme sucked and Malcolm X line fell flat) and was more consistent, and some of the funnier lines went further I feel (why your uncles be slipper skating next to cars like that? lmao).

3rd Round
Least debatable round, clearly to Math. Math starts off with weak with a bad rebuttal but after the Anderson Cooper line he heats up considerably and goes into ether mode for Diz' career which consists of being emotional, mismanaging his money and pretty much having nothing to show for his popularity. Diz begins by trying to convince us Drake was trying to smang Bonnie Godiva, then proceeds to forget his rhymes and do his freestyle thing. Nonsense multi, nonsense multi, nonsense multi, good punch. Then ends by telling Math a real man is about intelligence and not swinging on people, then he swings on Math. The end.

Dereck

you do realize that shes the type of chick to twerk at your son's birthday party for a line or $10 right? her fucking job, get outa here. She's getting payed (probably a very little amount) to wiggle her ass and hold the card up for 2 rounds, she's already a prop
Dayum

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pat Stay says he wants to battle outside of his comfort zone, will take Daylyt in Cali. HYPE.

I think the Snoop/BET/Mook card is kind of wack TBH.

Hitman Holla vs. Calicoe (not tryna see Calicoe get eaten again, even though I think people slept on him at SM3)
Arsonal vs. John John Da Don (why?)
Daylyt vs. Tsu Surf (sounds like an interesting style clash to me)
Jaz The Rapper vs. Couture (Couture doesn't deserve this battle)
T-Rex vs. Rum Nitty (not tryna see Rum Nitty zipped and bagged up, this is gonna be hard to watch)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UDUBB: K-Shine vs. JC. K-Shine is back. That third round... lawd. Dead @ T-Rex cheering on the side like a fangirl though.

Yes!!! New Ogmios battle dropped today, he's my favourite. I have him in my top 5, easily the best in DF.

Lego vs. Ogmios

If you haven't seen him before you should check his battles against Heavy Duty (his tryout), Mos Prob, which is probably my favourite performance of his, dat third round, together with his Cee Major battle. He also beat Real Deal, 2-1 in my opinion.

He has some great tracks as well, this one is really good. Yes, I'm an Ogmios fan boy.
Good looking out, really liked him from the Real Deal battle, gonna check some of this out later.

good god JC was so criminally slept on this battle. I'm not even a big JC fan like that (outside of the obvious battle), but the Tom Hanks line was fucking fiiiiiiiiire. It got like 1/10th of the reaction it deserved.

Shine's "disappear" scheme was so played, and he built it up as an example of how JC is supposed to rap.

Going into the third now, I got rd 1 debatable and jc rd 2 atm.

Yea, that crowd was terrible.

JC was damn good. Shines third was stupid tho

Favourite parts was shines oprah line and JC saying "that's a reach". Shit had me laughing so hard

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
Yea, that crowd was terrible.

JC was damn good. Shines third was stupid tho

Favourite parts was shines oprah line and JC saying "that's a reach". Shit had me laughing so hard

Yeah, I agree. JC went in but seems like shit went over the crowds head. The forrest gump walking with the metal definitely went over their heads. Shine's third went hard, but his MJ flip doesn't compare to others. Daylyt's had me in tears.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think JC was slept on. he just had a lot of okayish bars and weak storytelling (he should always try and stay away from this/personals TBH), especially coming off of recent performances. Yet another First48 flip, son-shine, vine clip, armor all etc. Shine hit way harder the first, with way more different flows. I give JC the 2nd, 2-1 Shine.

Frank Lucas line was one of the best of the battle though. Also liked the Lebron shit at the start. Seems like Shine always had something in each of his rounds that stole all of JC's thunder, the Shmurda shit, etc.

Crowd def. was terrible, part of it is that UW has always been shit at recording the crowd reactions. Sometimes in their videos someone will say a hot bar, and then all you hear is silence until they pan to the crowd and everyone is wildin',

Top Bottom