• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SM4 Recap Trailer.

They dropped this alongside deleting the Duel in the Desert promo videos from their channel lol

First battle dropping next Monday =|

I feel like they just threw this out to take attention away from the Duel in the Desert thing.

SHIIIIT

Con's slow it down was intense!

wipz47.png

mileS

I cannot look at Hitman anymore without seeing that roller skating gif.

What in the fuck is DNA wearing? my god lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That ring card girl's backend...

wipz47.png

on the other hand I swear Nunu Nellz gets 10x more ratchet every event, scust

DNA's homonym scheme... smh bruh he used the "around 2 (pm)" meaning twice to pad out the scheme. But the actual problem is that it's essentially a wacker version of the "fuck whoever clips round, I will shoot whoever around clips" homonym scheme Tay Roc just did in his last battle. Hope that's not his best line or Roc will really have smoked him like the impressions say.

DNA, JJDD and T-Rex looking the shakiest on the trailer. At least DNA got some crowd reaction though. JJDD getting NO love. Colt .45 like his drinking a beer is extremely light, even as a set up line. Especially if you're trying to emulate a show time.

The big punch at the end was nice (even if it's essentially a hair/here line) but still got no love.

Hyped on Hitman vs Surf & Magic vs Con the most right now.

mileS

I know I'm late but I'm finally listening to the AFR Hollow interview. This is great. Most of the Hollow interviews hes stoned out of his MIND and they ask him wack questions. They didn't have to ask him much here, Hollow just kind of rambles on about random topics. Pretty good stuff in here.

Cool to see him give props to Bigg K.

Also, I already had respect for Hollow and what not, but listening to the last 20min I have a lot more. Too many dudes out here trying to play characters, fake as hell, Hollow just keeps it real.

Actually fuck it, not gonna type it all on my fone. I'll do it on Friday

When you actually Rewatch the battles and think about it critically, daylyt is the king of reaching, but it's so goddamn entertaining,witty and smart that no one realizes it, and if they do, they don't care

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Jones would have gotten bodied if it had happeed. He has only one song in his entire career where I said damn that was a nice verse and that was from very early 2000's.

As whack as it would have been I bet crowd will still enjoy if he threw in his phone number or a 'tippin on 44s' line. Still would be garbage though.

People online naming other awful battles with irrelevant mainstream artists has been funny though. 'might as well be murphy lee vs. chingy' loool

Rivitur

Banned
As whack as it would have been I bet crowd will still enjoy if he threw in his phone number or a 'tippin on 44s' line. Still would be garbage though.l
Man that phone number has been disconnected since like 2004. I remember calling it a couple times to just hear the no longer in service message.

Sidenote: 44's vid was shot a block from my house.

I know I'm late but I'm finally listening to the AFR Hollow interview. This is great. Most of the Hollow interviews hes stoned out of his MIND and they ask him wack questions. They didn't have to ask him much here, Hollow just kind of rambles on about random topics. Pretty good stuff in here.

Cool to see him give props to Bigg K.

Also, I already had respect for Hollow and what not, but listening to the last 20min I have a lot more. Too many dudes out here trying to play characters, fake as hell, Hollow just keeps it real.

It's crazy to me that Hollow is going out and doing street battles in 2014. I know the whole point is to not have it filmed, but it sucks that nobody is ever gonna get to see this shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Clips says he has either Mook, Lux or Hollow locked in at the top of next year for either URL or Total Slaughter. ...it's probably Total Slaughter. And it might be Hollow, but Hollow said it wasn't locked in yet, and he said he was only looking to lock it in at the top of the year.

I... don't think I want to see Clips vs. Mook or Lux.

Holy fuck @ Bigg K's 3rd vs. Magic. This fool went off! Magic was flowing hard tho.
Fun battle, just feels like a snack though. I'd edge it to Bigg K, but it's debatable.

Bigg K's venus fly trap shit put such a clear visual in my head that I tensed up and recoiled in my seat. I do wish the battle was longer. But on a positive note, it would be the perfect kind of battle to show a new fan. Short run time, a lot of heavy hitting general/ pop culture punches. Tragically they might not get Bigg K's Fox news line, but not too many inside references.

I... don't think I want to see Clips vs. Mook or Lux.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't rate Mook very high, he beat a rambling directionless Lux with recycled Hollow angles. Since he "won" I guess that elevate's his stock, but dude is mostly boring tbh.

Lux is just, ugh, he nice but over rated in general. Regardless I'd want to see him redeem himself before taking on the arguably #1 rated battler right now.

Pat Stay or Hollow, someone with a lot of charisma and stage presence is who I'd like to see Clips compete with. Charron or maybe TheSaurus for the freestyles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I agree with that. I don't rate Mook very high, he beat a rambling directionless Lux with recycled Hollow angles. Since he "won" I guess that elevate's his stock, but dude is mostly boring tbh.

Lux is just, ugh, he nice but over rated in general. Regardless I'd want to see him redeem himself before taking on the arguably #1 rated battler right now.

Pat Stay or Hollow, someone with a lot of charisma and stage presence is who I'd like to see Clips compete with. Charron or maybe TheSaurus for the freestyles.
Mook is weird for me. I appreciate him more than I enjoy watching his battles. Like, he attacked Iron Solomon pretty much perfectly, but everything was just so basic and he wasn't even rhyming half the time.

I think all of those are stupid matchups, and I don't really care if it's for a city's crown, because Clips has put it more work in this new era recently than any of them. When Lux gets into his Miles groove, I'll care again. Until then, yeah I'd rather see Pat Stay or other underappreciated battlers get the shots.

Speaking of Daylyt anyone check out his blogs? Dude is hilarious. Some classics:

Daylyt speaks on loyalty to Dot Mob.

Yung Ill Part 1
Yung Ill Part 2
Yung Ill Part 3

Semi-related, I want to make a top 10 "Yung Ill is a crackhead" lines list

mileS

Got about 1min into Hitman's first round. Can't stand the chain bumping against the two mics constantly. How do they let shit like that continue to happen?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got about 1min into Hitman's first round. Can't stand the chain bumping against the two mics constantly. How do they let shit like that continue to happen?
Life, Death, Taxes & URL Audio Issues.

He takes it off and the audio clears up in general just a bit further in.

Man Im so out of touch Im not getting half these references in battles anymore. Why does Hitman's brother keep joining the battle? I think he did the same thing the last battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Beasley talks Duel in the Desert situation. Chock full of info.

- Doesn't understand why Grizzle said he didn't promote it, goes into a laundry list of situations where they gave it buzz including vlad, SM4 trailers, etc. Argues they got a lot of their buzz off of the URL cosign
- Says he helped him avoid mistakes in planning DitD and gave him camera suggestions, etc. but no money was exchanged
- Says the slots for those battle's releases will be filled by PGs (YASSSSSSSSS)
- On Danny Myers in URL: Danny Myers signed an exclusivity agreement with the URL, then turned his back on it.
- On Bigg K coming back to URL: Says that after the Raw battle he requested bigger names even though he lost the battle, and he skipped town. They still offered him a spot on UFF S1, but he declined because it was only for visibility and not money (and then he started dissing everyone who took the visibility deal). They say they can't do business because every time they try to do business he goes to social media to slander URL when it falls through.
- No comment about Ill Will situation, still having talks
- Everyone that signs a URL contract makes more money than those that don't (I assume he's talking about PGs here)
- Still unsure of Daylyt back on URL, he is nervous they might lose another venue

Beasley da gawd

Man Im so out of touch Im not getting half these references in battles anymore. Why does Hitman's brother keep joining the battle? I think he did the same thing the last battle.
There isn't really a reason, he started getting mentioned a lot after he knocked out Bill Collector and so he started jumping in briefly. And it makes for some awesome moments, I guess.

Just watched Illmac and Clips. Gatta watch it again, but imo this is a clear loss for Clips. His 2nd and 3rd were so sloppy I honestly couldn't believe it at times.

Illmac took too long to get his point across in the 3rd but his material was still much better. It's ridiculous that the crowd stopped fucking with him. Ill was sloppier than he's been in his past two battles, some debatabley stumbled lines, or an oddly repeated word 2 or 3 times. But if Clips' 2nd & 3rd got a pass and the crowd didn't boo that garbage then Ill should have been Jesus Christ by comparison. He was rapping his ass off in most of the battle.

Sometimes Clips would take sooo long just to rhyme one or two words at the end. It barely felt like he was rapping in spots. He's done this before (the bullet will go through you, go through you, make ab-soul duck, then make his soul leave through his abs!!!) but it's never been this bad.

Clips got 3-0'd imo the 1st was bad and his life was ended in the 2nd.

Edit:

Can't find a link for Mook's verse in the BET cypher but he snapped. Had a nice lil freestyle at the end too. It's posted in the Angry Fan fb group if you're in that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Day is wildin'

If he does come with straight bars I think he can beat Pat Stay. It's Toronto though, so Pat might just win. /ashamedformycity

On Friday I'm battling as Homer Simpson vs. Fox Mulder as part of a comedy Rap Battle show. It's always a great time, if anyone in Vancouver wants to come check it out it's at Fox Theatre on Main and 8th, 9:00pm. Ten bucks!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Surf vs. Hitman might be a classic TBH. Catching a lot more shit on repeated views. If not a classic then definitely one for the ages. I think they delivered.

With the crowd fucking Hitman up and shit, I think I'd edge it to Surf but it isn't close to a body. Also, for some reason after this battle I feel like Hitman vs. Tay Roc actually might be good. I'd still rather see Surf vs. Roc first though (another long grudge match that needs to be settled).

We'll see how URL's December card turns out, especially considering Magic and Surf both seem to be taking breaks for the rest of the year. Hopefully Clips vs. Calicoe doesn't happen on that card, that looks like a dumb match up.

EDIT: UDUBB: Arsonal vs. Daylyt. Daylyt caught a body. How does Arsonal do a rematch and bite a rhyme from the dude he's battling? SMH. Day went the fuck in, might be body of the year, either this or Jaz vs. 40.

m3k

Surf vs. Hitman might be a classic TBH. Catching a lot more shit on repeated views. If not a classic then definitely one for the ages. I think they delivered.

With the crowd fucking Hitman up and shit, I think I'd edge it to Surf but it isn't close to a body. Also, for some reason after this battle I feel like Hitman vs. Tay Roc actually might be good. I'd still rather see Surf vs. Roc first though (another long grudge match that needs to be settled).

We'll see how URL's December card turns out, especially considering Magic and Surf both seem to be taking breaks for the rest of the year. Hopefully Clips vs. Calicoe doesn't happen on that card, that looks like a dumb match up.

EDIT: UDUBB: Arsonal vs. Daylyt. Daylyt caught a body. How does Arsonal do a rematch and bite a rhyme from the dude he's battling? SMH. Day went the fuck in, might be body of the year, either this or Jaz vs. 40.

Was good but I do look for the good daylyt performances where he's dropping bars

Top Bottom