• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Furyous

Charron won that battle even though his self deprecating lines were unnecessary after bodying Suge in the first two rounds. Did Suge really diss Proof? DNA's reactions enhance Charron's W.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Charron won that battle even though his self deprecating lines were unnecessary after bodying Suge in the first two rounds. Did Suge really diss Proof? DNA's reactions enhance Charron's W.
Oh man, you're in for a treat if you haven't followed the Proof stuff.

It happens sometime in Suge's battle vs. Calicoe.

Smack then hosts Calicoe vs. Arsonal in Detroit. Ars and Suge are both from Jersey, and Trick Trick starts questioning Arsonal in the middle of the battle if he knows Suge. Allegedly Calicoe helped Arsonal get out of the D right after the battle ended before Trick Trick and his boys came to smoke him. Ars gets clowned for how he handled it in like all of his battles.

Suge only squashed it with Trick Trick at the past BET Awards, I think.

Bonus: My favourite reference to the situation in Detroit in a battle.

Furyous

Oh man, you're in for a treat if you haven't followed the Proof stuff.

It happens sometime in Suge's battle vs. Calicoe.

Smack then hosts Calicoe vs. Arsonal in Detroit. Ars and Suge are both from Jersey, and Trick Trick starts questioning Arsonal in the middle of the battle if he knows Suge. Allegedly Calicoe helped Arsonal get out of the D right after the battle ended before Trick Trick and his boys came to smoke him. Ars gets clowned for how he handled it in like all of his battles.

Suge only squashed it with Trick Trick at the past BET Awards, I think.

Bonus: My favourite reference to the situation in Detroit in a battle.

I got it 2-1 Arsenal even though he somehow survived that first round. T-Rex couldn't have wrote that first round. The next two rounds sound entirely different. Ars somehow survived a line that would end most battle rappers. I legit thought it was over after that but Ars came back strong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD - Rap Battle - Aye Verb vs Danny Myers

both came not playin' around, great battle, leeettss fucking goooooooo
Damn, this Duel in the Desert footage came out so nice. Unique camera angles, different stage set up (seems like they were walking around everywhere). After cancelling WD5, KOTD probably just spent a portion of that budget on this footage and they've got themselves some good matchups with people trying under the pretense it would be on URL too.

Daylyt wtf hahaha

Verb did more for me in the first two rounds and kind of fizzled at the end of the third, but his angle was much more successful and I still think I give the battle a clear W to him. First round was that SB Verb. Danny Myers needs to start varying his delivery, I think that's what makes the difference between vets and up and comers too. Everyone has bars, what else can you do for me?

- - -

Also Verb and others were on The War Report recently and it was straight hilarity, following up to that blog you posted above (which is hilarious). Starts about 7 minutes in, and starts heating up very quickly. Choice quotes:

"If Brizz was stuck in a snowstorm with your gal, would you be worried?" - After mentioning how he was about to give Brizz a shot on URL December but he fucked it up

"These n***as thinking Smack gon' call me 'cause I can rap. Smack been doing this for 15-20 years you think he's gonna call you cause you can rap? We were at BET and Smack was like "Why don't you and T-Rex do a face off so we can try and get y'all on SM3?" I said, Smack we just battled on SM2. He said oh yeah, yeah yeah you right."

"This is how URL staff works:
Norbes deals with the bullshit.
Beasley lies to us.
Chico handles the business.
And Smack is the face."

It gets crazy when he calls Goodz out of the blue and he corroborates everything, and then Prez calls in butthurt as fuck and starts going off on Big T, etc.

EDIT: T-Rex vs. Clips Trailer. Dropping Wednesday. Man this is gonna be hard to watch from that Rex highlight alone.

I gatta watch it again, right now I'm giving it to Myers. Verb came hella nice with some crazy haymakers but he had a few more dry spots than Danny imo. Also him giving away the third with a super short round and what seems to be throwaway bars from his Daylyt style parody from their battle was a bit of a bummer. I wish he would have finished stronger.

I think Myers crazy energetic style of performance sets him apart from the pack. Some people think it's corny but I like it. He has a really distinct delivery but you're right it would serve him well to vary his flow. He should also stop pausing after every bit of crowd reaction and just rap through the milder applause.

But Danny just had too much consistent fire for me to give it to Verb. Most everyone has bars but Danny Myers definitely says shit other people wouldn't think to say.

yellow coat like dick tracy was fire
A pair of matics (paramedics) will get pumped to his chest if I see 1 1000 was crazy
that "chh" in AZ bar was heavy flame
next time you ride up it'll be in a hoveround was crazy
do a nigga greasy for that chicken, churches was insane
put it in stone a beast come out like a gargoyle was fiiiire

One of the battles from the whoompthereitis event i went to over the weekend had a top 10 punch of the year btw.

Dude was first nations and he said something to the effect

"I don't even need to use my left cuz this dude is going to take more rights from this native than Steven Harper"

Godddamm, that hit hard. Crowd was definitely feeling that. I wonder if I'm on cam for it.

mellz

ThriftyHarmlessBoutu.gif

KidJr

I mean I was chatting shit, I just watched this...

O.....M.... F.....G.....

"I call my nigga jenga, he pull out the piece and the whole block shook" stfu with that shit lol

"I come in the hospital room with shoulder strap
I'm a ratchet mum at a graduation... I over clap
Caps all in your gown, with them wondering where you diploma at"

WOW WOW WOW Charlie, I knew you were great but WOW WOW WOW

I felt sorry for rex, I dont think he was ready for this battle with his personal sitation (not that it would have made a diff cus rex is over rated imo)

But ew ew ew.

I need to see Charlie go against magic again for a round 2 or see him against hollow.

This was retarded though, ew.

RIP Rex

Clips destroyed Rex' entire life with this battle. The 3rd was almost painful to watch, I honestly felt bad for Rex he was getting cooked so bad. T didn't show up at all, horrid.

Rex pulled a lightweight canibus (you win diz!) admitting defeat in his 3rd. Definitely out of character for Rex and DotMob who always claim they win "EASY!!!" no matter what. He was clearly shaken.

God damn that "choice in the elevator" bar was fire.

Clips gets the christ treatment, though. He can do no wrong to too many fans. So his flaws don't get brought to light. I just hope he chills with the 2 hr run on sentence set-ups when he's getting ready for the Hollow battle...

the jets/eric decker scheme was the worst in this regard he actually reiterated shit he just said "remember they a bunch of niggas that jet" to set up the punch. this shit sounds so clumsy but still get's wild love.

Clips is easily the more overrated battler

But that Jenga line is in my top 5. Double entendre is so vivid, like goddamn.

Sorry to tsu surfs "buncha steel clacking like I'm trying to put weights on" getting bumped out

KidJr

Clips is easily the more overrated battler

But that Jenga line is in my top 5. Double entendre is so vivid, like goddamn.

Sorry to tsu surfs "buncha steel clacking like I'm trying to put weights on" getting bumped out

Man I dunno, he does have ALOT of flaws but one thing I can honestly say is that I've never seen Clips get convincingly beat, pretty much all of his battles are debatable (even the ones I think he lost) which is a feat in its self considering he doesnt duck no one.

Hollow has a better all round game but I think Clips is more consistant, should be a good battle though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1) Y'all still sleeping on that Anubis vs. Xcel. Best battle released in the past week, maybe tied with Rone vs. Pat Stay in it's own way. Don't sleep just because it's UFF. Both of them went in.
THIS N***A GOT SOME NEW SHIT

2) Shotgun vs. Rex is terrible. Suge doing 10% better than usual is still pretty tedious, and the fact that Ars made Rex go 2 more rounds than they agreed or whatever miscommunication they had is just ugh. Not watching it ever again.

How I feel about the Clips battle:

But for real, I didn't know people were that hyped for the battle. A lot of funny shit. Yeah, Rex' cousin died, but he's spit that mixtape verse like 2-3 battles now? Not to mention his Ill verse was a mixtape verse too? Nah, way too much funny shit going on in that battle. Rex looked like he was having the fucking time of his LIFE. Not only that, but he was pretty meh in the Cortez battle and Total Slaughter too.

TBH I didn't enjoy watching this battle much, not even just for the body factor. It was like watching Hitman vs. Conceited... again. Even Clips' rounds felt super stretched out except for that third.

daaamn, what'd enzo get banned for?
Self-requested.

F*ck that I know clipse is considered to be the best but where the hell is the B-MAGIC battle.
They're probably saving this for last. Anyways, I hope it's either that or the Uno Lavoz battle next week (if they alternate with Warm Up battles).

Enzo, how'd it go? What you write?

Details my dude

Yall need to stop whatever it is you guys are doing and check out brixx vs born, the film battle. If it wasn't for the crowd, it would be the battle of the year. It's top 5 for sure. Barfest, no doubt. They both went the fuckkkkk in.

Borns second is prolly the best I've heard this year

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo, how'd it go? What you write?

Details my dude

Yall need to stop whatever it is you guys are doing and check out brixx vs born, the film battle. If it wasn't for the crowd, it would be the battle of the year. It's top 5 for sure. Barfest, no doubt. They both went the fuckkkkk in.

Wrote my GRE
for the third time
. Think I nailed it this time though.

You weren't kidding about Born vs. Brixx Belvedere. BAHRS. I don't know about Top 5, but it's a good ass battle. Fucking Guerilla Warfare audio late at night tho fuck, fuck, fuck. mileS warning. That girl is too fucking annoying. Will never watch again.

OMG the return of Rich Dollaz
Miss Dollarz?

Does it even matter that T Rex blatantly recycled bars in his last two big battles?

Or his he so disgraced in general from his earth shattering loss that we can just ignore that?

FB groups were blowing up with "t rex the GOAT" after his Total Slaughter run... a lot of ppl backing up on that right about now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does it even matter that T Rex blatantly recycled bars in his last two big battles?

Or his he so disgraced in general from his earth shattering loss that we can just ignore that?

FB groups were blowing up with "t rex the GOAT" after his Total Slaughter run... a lot of ppl backing up on that right about now.
No matter what this battle will have an asterisk next to it in Rex' legacy. I feel Rex did Cortez dirty just to spite him, and then went overboard with the time shit.

He's one of those dudes where if he tries, he has the potential to be the best or slay anyone. The killers category that you kind of have to tune in for because when they're in their bag it's amazing.

Shit, I was stanning Rex just on the other page, I don't think it changes the fact that he has so many classic moments, but these last few are making me feel like he's just bored of this shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What y'all think of the Ether card thus far?

Cassidy vs. Dizaster
Chubby Jag vs. Cortez
Danny Myers vs. Heartless
Serius Jones vs. Daylyt
The Saurus vs. Arsonal
Caustic vs. Cali Smoov
Official vs. Bonnie Godiva

Anything that I'm missing? I don't know man, none of these are exciting for me. The Saurus vs. Arsonal would've been nice like 5 years ago. Literally every other big or small league puts together better match ups or builds them up better than KOTD and Fresh Coast. How do you have all that money and give Cassidy to Diz instead of Conceited? I don't even necessarily want mirror matches or gun bars vs. gun bars. Bigg K is supposed to be on this card too, I wonder who he's got. Maybe that will be the match to watch.

Looking forward to saurus vs arsonal, I think that match has a lot of potential to be dope.

Cassidy vs Diz didn't look great initially but after the press conference interactions between the two I'm somewhat hyped on it.

Danny Myers vs Heartless could be a bar fest. I'm pretty meh on the rest of the card, hoping that some of those matches end up delivering.

We might see a top tier Day performance, since he's going against someone revered in the SMACK DVD era that Day is a huge fan of.

Don't really know Cali Smoov, never heard of Chubby Jag. I guess they're trying to put on some new FC dudes by including them in this hyped event? If those dudes made it on the card there better be a Pass battle announced later.

Right now I'm at low-mid hype for the card. They gatta start selling these matchups cause they're not the kind that draw hype from the announcement alone.

Just peeped this, good fucking god this battle was nice. HEAAVY replay value, can't quite call it right now it's too close.

Brixx looks like he's got some hunger again and his performance has upgraded substantially since I last saw him battle.

Clips' getting 3-0'd, and Illmac wasn't even at his greatest. Not a great battle in general but Illmac was spitting some of that ether in the first and 2nd with respect to breaking down Clips' style.

His 2nd clear L after Magic IMO.

agreed Ill was at 65~70% he had a good 1st and a killer 2nd. killer rebuttal starting off the 3rd calling out Clips' pandering crowd work, but then Ill's 3rd fell off afterward. Ill simply took way too long setting up that angle about Clips stealing his concept for the minimal pay off of "now thats what I call reaching clips!" Illmac is usually a much better writer than that, very surprising.

Ill only still got the 3rd because Charlie had devolved to the point of essentially begging the crowd for a reaction with his pandering freestyles.

That "bare arms/bear arms like ted" freestyle was probably Charlie's low point. T Rex Isolated that clip and plays it on loop just so he can look at himself in the mirror.

This matchup could have been a classic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
agreed Ill was at 65~70% he had a good 1st and a killer 2nd. killer rebuttal starting off the 3rd calling out Clips' pandering crowd work, but then Ill's 3rd fell off afterward. Ill simply took way too long setting up that angle about Clips stealing his concept for the minimal pay off of "now thats what I call reaching clips!" Illmac is usually a much better writer than that, very surprising.

Ill only still got the 3rd because Charlie had devolved to the point of essentially begging the crowd for a reaction with his pandering freestyles.

That "bare arms/bear arms like ted" freestyle was probably Charlie's low point. T Rex Isolated that clip and plays it on loop just so he can look at himself in the mirror.

This matchup could have been a classic.
What bothered me about Illmac is he was using some of the same 2-3 flows (Clips has been kind of doing this recently too, and it's why I liked his performance vs. Daylyt so much). I feel a lot of the old GrindTime vets suffer from this, The Saurus especially.

What I like about Illmac is that he'll deliver some super cold wordplay very nonchalant in a set up. Usually much better than his punches IMO.

Even switching between 3 distinct flows is more than most of these battlers do tbh. B Magic is one of the worst offenders. Though, interestingly enough he did style out in his 3rd vs Bigg K.

I think Illmac's flow is one of the best in battling, his patterns & cadence in the 3rd vs Bigg K were half the reason that round was so crazy. Saurus does have that one flow lol. You'd hear everyone doing it back in the day when his style was the one to bite.

Now it's that chopped syllable every-word-is-emphasized-do-you-get-my-punchline? flow with a lot of newer dudes that's getting played out.

This battle Mac was squeezing blood from a stone, the crowd was sleepin' on a lot of great material in his 2nd and gassing weak frees from Clips. You could see Mac get frustrated and start yelling more, especially to accentuate his punches and his flow suffered for it.

to be honest though even In this battle I still think illmac's flow/delivery kills 90% of battlers out right now.

"im sick of charles sayin he's undefeated, its too easy, he loses routinely/ why put clips in front of a mag like news weekly when he got killed fuckin wit magic like houdini"

got half the reaction it deserved and that was when his momentum was crazy. meanwhile that hella basic Dan Majerle line had the crowd going nuts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck Arcane. I can't believe he's still getting battles. I can't believe both DNA and Cortez agreed to battle him.

Watched Verb vs. Danny Myers again. I think I edge it to Danny now with the 2nd and 3rd. Verb's 1st was just unreal though.

Cali smoov ain't too bad he killed Rum Nitty
http://youtu.be/cDUVbw1Svzg
To be fair though, who hasn't that isn't Danny Myers. I agree, though.

Also Rum Nitty will be having his URL debut at the Arizona PGs next year vs. Steams. Kind of a weird match up even though they are both punchers.

Top Bottom