• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10347090_1484484818507601_1946757217693110666_n.jpg

http://youtu.be/bIlhKYvdfjM

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trailer.

Eh, I'll take it. Prep vs. Chess is Friday too. Double trouble, even though Smack owed us another battle last week >:[

EDIT: Speaking of Born, I think his 2nd round vs. Super Writer is one of the best rounds I've ever heard. The Batman wordplay is insane. Literally every line is some mindblowing shit.

Ness is honestly one of the most slept on battlers. He has the ability to make good music and his battle verses have some crazy ass schemes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man the crowd fucking HATES John John, goddamn. Okay battle, a lot of stuff that just didn't hit, didn't get reacted to or was overgassed (why are they going wild for like the 8th Just For Me flip someone has done on Verb).

I think Verb just did more for me in terms of his punchlines and some of his patented real talk. I think 2nd and 3rd can be debated but I give Verb the first decisively. Might edge 3rd to John John. I feel John John's angles were more original, but Verb just had the most memorable shit and delivered it all cleaner.

Battle had a lot of great lines. Too many to quote but some of my favourites were
Crimes don't match, Jumping Jax, Ramen Noodles, First dream at 28, happy to be here period, butterfly in your stomach

Also Un Kasa is ugly lines never get old.

EDIT: I think there's no UFF today. :(

JJDD had some really wack punches in the first, It was looking bad in spots and I thought the impressions of Verb smoking him would come out true. I think Verb took the first pretty decisively.

He picked it up in the 2nd & 3rd, though. Verb lost steam in a big way during his 3rd, rehashing his imitation of Daylyt's punchline style in the battle vs Clips. Which he's done 3 times now and it's funny he did that against the dude known for "stealing."

I gatta watch the battle again to see who I have taking the 2nd, right now I might be edging Verb but I only saw it once.

John John needs to get out of his head, though. He keeps turning his rounds into apologist rants about the bar stealing allegations. Just come out and kill it with original material and shut everyone up that way. He already did this in the Reed battle, doing it again is just corny and draws more attention to the problem than it takes away.

SOUL KHAN TALKING THAT SHIT.

I do think he can give all those people a run for their money

maaaan, back when SK was on his killing spree he was my hands down favorite.

I'd love to see Soul step back in the ring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DF: Shotty Horroh vs. Tony D.

John John needs to get out of his head, though. He keeps turning his rounds into apologist rants about the bar stealing allegations. Just come out and kill it with original material and shut everyone up that way. He already did this in the Reed battle, doing it again is just corny and draws more attention to the problem than it takes away.
I think it pseudo-makes sense because him vs. Verb is the battle of the most hated but I still think John John needs to switch something up about his style in general. I know he's trying to project but I kind of liked it when he wasn't screaming everything all the time, sort of makes his weaker punchlines even weaker.

Yeah i agree JJDD's raspy yell is a problem. Especially in the first since like you said, it hypes up weak punches. He had some punches in that first that were barely double entendres at all, it was surprisng after he legit barred out heavy vs Reed. Im not home rn but im gonna quote JJ's weak ass punches from that rd. Theres at least 3 im thinking of.

I watched shotty vs tony d. Im giving it to shotty rn but something about this battle is so boring its hard to pay attention all the way through...

Idk theres definetely some clever lines and no major slips or something. But it dosent seem like these dudes are trying to KILL each other.

They both had some shit
And shottys third was not believable, cuz there was no real tension. That shit doesn't work unless you really hate the guy

Tony had some shit tho

Bout to watch this nitty vs arsonal

I swear, if dread head does that zangief shit again, I'm done

Ars wasn't as bad as yall make him out to be. Clearly got the 2nd. 2-1 either way

That retarded arm line had me cracking up

Also, why ars gotta look like a sexual predator in all his battles? Not a good look, imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I need Smack to drop a PG this week

Gutta vs. Gjonaj or Tink Da Demon vs. Dre Dennis PLZ

Or whichever one has Charron in the back.

Damn, I caught way more bars from Rum watching this time than I did from the PPV. He was going hard back to back. The crowd was definitely sleeping on a fair amount of Ars' lines but he had legit dry spots too.

I like Ars way better when he's just shit talking/ being disrespectful with that slick delivery rather than doing to many punchlines and word-play schemes. That "see how quick your girl's phone connects to the wifi" shit was crazy. It's a shame he flubbed the delivery a bit.

Rum just barred out too heavy for what Ars had though. Rum's rounds have heavy replay value.

this pump will do you in dirty like nelly spelled it
gatta gun so big I can't aim right/ security caught me draggin' that bitch off the elevator like ray rice
mac I'm raising airs on a nigga (raising arizona)... Nicolas Cage
she'll burn you and give your D VD's like a bootlegger
If that piece come off the hip he (hippy) smoking like the 70's show
that's a hearse... something you cant spell without putting "ars" in it
every line he actin' out with the semi (semmi) I cant give ars any ol' (arsenio) bars

Rewatched heartless vs 100bulletz

Crazy battle, bars wise. Too bad they both got no swag, projection is lacking and they sound like my 15 year old brother

The name flips were on point tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rewatched heartless vs 100bulletz

Crazy battle, bars wise. Too bad they both got no swag, projection is lacking and they sound like my 15 year old brother

The name flips were on point tho
They are both black holes of charisma. 100Bulletz is like a slightly worse Danja Zone to me.

Speaking of charisma, Illanoiz is out of jail apparently. We barely saw much of him in the 2 PG battles (especially considering D Gunna gave up mid-battle), but he's honestly one of my favourite PG dudes because he's nonchalant but he has a lot of presence and is raw.

EDIT:

928684_1488389541444575_634575552_n.jpg

I NEED IT. Also lol his name is spelled wrong there, and differently but also wrong on the instagram page too lol. I swear whoever puts up the videos can't bother to spell half the time.

Oh shit that screenshot is of a battle I saw a punchline from a few weeks ago. I been waiting for it

Shit was crazy, something about "second coming and rise again"

White boy went off

Apparently, Yung Ill backed out booooooooooooooooo.

Also, everybody from the US seems to want to battle Shotty now lol, but he isn't taking on a battle for the Don't Flop event because he wants to make sure he has time to prepare.

mileS

Also, everybody from the US seems to want to battle Shotty now lol, but he isn't taking on a battle for the Don't Flop event because he wants to make sure he has time to prepare.

now? it's been like that for a long time now.

Makes sense he wants real time to prepare. Can't take a long break and have your second battle be weak or subpar. Speaking of that I should probably watch him vs. Tony D now.

now? it's been like that for a long time now.

Makes sense he wants real time to prepare. Can't take a long break and have your second battle be weak or subpar. Speaking of that I should probably watch him vs. Tony D now.

I know. I was referring to a bunch of people trying to get in to take Yung Ill's spot, like Cortez (Ew.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I don't even really get why he did.

Battling Shotty is like, an incredible look. That's like battling Clips on URL or Arsonal or something; probably the biggest opportunities to expand your fanbase.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF: Prep vs. Chess.

By FAR the best Chess I've ever seen. lol @
Prep choking after that ridiculous amount of shit talk :/
Chess can fuck off with that talking through his opponent's rounds shit tho. Also dead at the Bust-A-Move/Breakout scheme.

Kind of disappointing battle coming off of Anubis/Xcel which is a top 10 battle this year. Won't watch again.

EDIT: While I'm at it, I rewatched Bigg K vs. Big Kannon while making my Top 10 list, and it doesn't hold up as well. Or at least Big Kannon's rounds don't.

Your wack Enzo, and same with the rest of the internets

Chess vs prep was mad entetaining, gonna be watching that shit for awhile. Chess went nuts in that first, pretty much a perfect round. Other rounds were nice too. Preps second was crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
im in 100% Gjonaj mode breh, not tryna hear anyone else right now

Watching his old battles... someone on RMBVA described him as Dizaster if he replaced his freestyle shit with word play. His shit comes out so clean but so fast wtf

vs. Kid Class. Bodybag, jesus. Those cereal, Looney Tunes and Peter Pan schemes, goddamn.

The wrong move, I'll separate him
You should have stayed 6 steps away like Kevin Bacon

vs. OT 7even. Norbes looks terrified of the dude lmfao. Just watch his second round in this video, son goes OFF.

So am I crazy because I hear voices?
Or cause I'm talking to the dead like I'm clairvoyant?

Point me to my next victim, head missing
Shit will get uglier than Meg Griffin

Fuck 'em, I said I'm the best
King Henry, I'm severing heads
I don't know who said 7even the best
But you got played, and that's a motherfucker, Oedipus 'plex

THAT LAST ONE
FUCK

Phewwwww

Just reading that got me hype

Gonna go Rewatch that trailer a dozen more times

Oedipus line was harddddd

Also, NuNu looking extra fine. Mmmmmmm

Smack looking good too, nice and brolic. Everyone else looking real bummy lol.

Also, wtf is a Kidd kidd?

UFF: Prep vs. Chess.

By FAR the best Chess I've ever seen. lol @
Prep choking after that ridiculous amount of shit talk :/
Chess can fuck off with that talking through his opponent's rounds shit tho. Also dead at the Bust-A-Move/Breakout scheme.

Still watching the battle, just need to note that "16-bit" line gave me the hella screw face.

Chess is still smoking him though, this shit nutty.

edit:

and he ended his 2nd rd with a losing hair/ losing here line. are you just fuckin' trying to get smoked, prep?

vs. OT 7even. Norbes looks terrified of the dude lmfao. Just watch his second round in this video, son goes OFF.

This performance was incredible, dude could be next up for real. He reminds me of a combination of Diz and Bender. Especially with that motherfucker like Oedipus Rex line.

LOL @ when norbes threw the shirt over his face!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
THAT LAST OF US BAR LMAO

That battle was insane. Best Danny I've seen recently, and maybe the best JC in a while to. Another potential Top 10 contender IMO. Goddamn, so many good battles this year, and to think I thought this year wouldn't hold up as well as 2013.

Hard to judge because they have different approaches. Might edge it 2-1 to Danny, giving JC the 3rd, but it was a really good style clash. One of the better barfests this year.

EDIT: KOTD: Daylyt vs. Real Deal.

Top Bottom