• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Furyous

The big leagues need to sign Daylyt to a no antic clause. That's the only way I'm watching another big league battle involving him. I'm giving that battle to Real Deal off the strength of Daylyt bringing another antic. Yes, I'm talking about Day but it's over some fuck shit. I'm all for a Daylyt ban if he keeps using antics that distract from the event. Real was right in that moving forward Daylyt showing up and rapping without an antic is the real headline.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The big leagues need to sign Daylyt to a no antic clause. That's the only way I'm watching another big league battle involving him. I'm giving that battle to Real Deal off the strength of Daylyt bringing another antic. Yes, I'm talking about Day but it's over some fuck shit. I'm all for a Daylyt ban if he keeps using antics that distract from the event. Real was right in that moving forward Daylyt showing up and rapping without an antic is the real headline.
Real Deal won that battle 4-0 regardless. Even Daylyt's real material was godawful.

I still want to see Daylyt vs. Lux one day, and at first I thought he probably respects him enough not to do an antic, but now I'm not sure he could resist, especially if it's on URL.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's December 6th.

ether-card.jpg

Enzooooo

Can we please get the gif of Ahdi boom at 11:50 of the C3 battle?

Btw, it's an ok battle. Maybe 3-4 tight lines per round, nothing too crazy. Pretty much a one time watch

Watching Myers vs JC a second time. Myers left earth in the 2nd... that fucking albino line nearly had me spinning in my chair. Danny definitely got the crowd more enveloped in his lines with that aggression. He also rapped through the reaction way better than he did vs Aye Verb, which actually happened afterward. Hopefully he takes note of that.

JC definitely wasn't getting slept on necessarily, but some of his most fire schemes (full house scheme at the start of his 2nd) got nowhere near the reaction they deserved. You can see all the rappers catching on to JC's lines way more than the crowd.

Battle is super debatable but I've got Myers edging the battle. That Last of Us bar was nuts too... damn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dallas Doomsday: C3 vs. Ah Di Boom. Kind of boring, I agree with TLE.

Footage looking kinda iffy from this event.

The trailer was better than the battle. 2 mins for Ice and Shine really hurt them. Smack better drop Tay Rock next.
Pretty much.

Shine was going off though, the way he was delivering it just wasn't his usual style.

EDIT: KOTD: Marvwon vs. Lottazay. Good battle, not as crazy as people were making it sound to be but very solid. Zay is too much IMO. 2-1 Zay with Marv in the 3rd.

Marv might've had my favourite lines of the battle though
The Drake, Boosie, Club Sandwich lines

K, I knew that "calm the f down or get f'd up, I love Fendi" was harddddd as fuck but I giving it even more points now after I know my cousins got me a new belt for Black Friday.

Also, that's the first time I've seen Freeway physically react to a hard line

Where the fuck is that gutta vs gjonaj

RP912

Banned
I want serius jones to boot day's ass to the moon so badly for the fuckery lately...it's not even funny.

I seen the KOTD match the other day and smh.....

Props to the other dude for atleast dropping some bars. Obvious Day not going to do shit...no pun.

Marv stopping so much and repeating hurt his performance but his heaters > Lotta's in a big way imo. Lotta brought it too but he rushes through his schemes so quickly that they don't have time to breathe. Marv's 3rd alone is enough to win that imo considering the other rounds were as close as they were.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Another one of those battle that would have been a classic if they were both at 100%. :( Was expecting Ill to be completely checked out be he looked like he put some effort in.

I think I give the 3rd clearly to Chilla because of his angle. Edge the 1st to Chill and 2nd to Ill.

Where the fuck is that gutta vs gjonaj
Norbes said it would drop either yesterday or 2 days ago SMFH

I can't believe they're dripping this shit out as slow as they are. Also apparently the URL December card is on Dec 14th. They gotta get at least all of the major battles out before that IMO, but I guess they'll attach a trailer to the start of Con vs. Magic. Hopefully we have a good Christmas Classic this year.

EDIT: Watched Zay vs. C3 again. That battle >>>>>> Marvwon battle.

The only battles I'm looking forward to aside from Tay Roc vs DNA are the UFF battles.

I haven't had BET for a while. Is UFF a show completely different from 106 in its own time slot? Or is it online only?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only battles I'm looking forward to aside from Tay Roc vs DNA are the UFF battles.

I haven't had BET for a while. Is UFF a show completely different from 106 in its own time slot? Or is it online only?
UFF replaces Freestyle Friday for different seasons on 106 & Park. It's aired on TV and put online immediately afterwards.

RP912

Banned
I'm waiting for the next day battle where he ask "do yall want BARS!?"

crowd- yeaaaaah

*passes out snickers and butterfingers*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flatline sounds like it was terrible.

FilmOn announced a March 15 card in Boston:
Rone vs. Goodz
DNA vs. Dirtbag Dan
DNA vs. 40 BARRS

wat
I kind of want to see how weird the atmosphere is for that first battle but generally
wat

Two DNA battles?

DBD vs DNA could be tight, DNA tends to take a more creative approach vs ppl associated with the GT era. Well, with the exception of his battle vs Pass. DBD clowns DNA all the time on his show with a hilarious impression.

Hopefully Dirtbag doesn't actually shit the bed, I'm a fan of his but it's not as easy to be after he fucked up so horribly vs Charlie Clips.

Flatline battles seemed like they succumbed to fuckery. Clips had some family tragedy and came unprepared, resorted to freestyles. Daylyt pulled some odd slave/master antic, ppl are saying its one of his more inspired antics in the vein of his Matrix shit vs magic though.

So a lot of one sided battles and Rone vs Uno got replaced with Rone vs DNA one rounder. Apparently it was pretty good considering, but that's a lot of consideration.

I'm hoping that Day still brought bars despite his antic.

Cortez first was fire

Gonna watch the rest after I soap my ass

Cor got that 3-0 easy

Danny was so meh, he really only does well on Kotd

And milltown bloe

Fucking dead at Daylyts tweets bout this riot

Paraphrasing

"Only white people allowed to live: organik, lush, Biggk, Charron and 100bulletz"

dead

top 5 list of battlers who need to get better fitting clothes aka battlers who are "skinny fat" aka "my dude, you have a visible gut and you should stop wearing tight shirts when your battling"

T Rex
Cortez
Verb
DNA
O Red

Honourable mentions are Bigg K, Thesaurus, Suave and John John

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
top 5 list of battlers who need to get better fitting clothes aka battlers who are "skinny fat" aka "my dude, you have a visible gut and you should stop wearing tight shirts when your battling"

T Rex
Cortez
Verb
DNA
O Red

Honourable mentions are Bigg K, Thesaurus, Suave and John John
Lmao this is exactly what I was thinking watching Cortez flop around

I'm skinny fat and the struggle is real. Either you look like you got titties or you look like Paul Wall when Swishahouse was poppin'.

mileS

John John fuckin destroyed Eurgh from Don't Flop. And this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of Eurgh, and not the biggest fan of John. Pretty good battle. Good audio too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Too bad Paul Wall is a fat ass now...
Yup, which is why I had to specify lol

John John fuckin destroyed Eurgh from Don't Flop. And this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of Eurgh, and not the biggest fan of John. Pretty good battle. Good audio too.
I saw clips of the battle and John John was going OFF.

Not the biggest fan of John John either but he's had a damn good year for his career.
- Arguably Top 10 battle with T-Top, potentially his best performance ever (havent seen Eurgh battle yet)
- Put Reed Dollarz in the car out of his misery
- Got an opportunity to battle Verb, somewhat debatable battle
- Beat Eurgh apparently
- Consistently opening up for big name artists on the music tip

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD DitD: Cortez vs. Danja Zone.

Danja spitting like a whole other rapper, a bit more generic but he has the writing to back it up. I kind of liked his old style because it was very momentum-based, but son was going off and Tez' angles fell completely flat. Really think it's a 3-0 for Danja but Tez' 3rd was the closest he got. Might be his best performance, either that or his JC battle from what I can remember.

That's enough Cortez for one day.

EDIT: I'm watching the 2nd part of Queenzflip's wildest moments in battle rap (which is completely out of order as you can tell from the first video which has Canibus and Big Gerald in 20-25) and this first dude threw cargos lmfaooooooooooooooo

YOUR WARDROBE, BORROWED
YOUS A BUM AS N***A, TAKE THESE CARGOS

im dying, might be the best prop ever

This series is also a pretty good jumping off point if a lot of the popular battle rap references go over your head TBH.

I'm legit done with this shit

This dude in the crowd yelled "I'll put a couple in your top like a wedding cake" during the Cortez vs Danja battle.

I was eating my cereal.

There is now milk and fruit loops all over my table.

Goddamn, that was one of the funniest and most randomest things I've ever seen/heard in a battle for so many different reasons.

Top 3 moment of the year.

That better not have been you myron

KOTD DitD: Cortez vs. Danja Zone.

Danja spitting like a whole other rapper, a bit more generic but he has the writing to back it up. I kind of liked his old style because it was very momentum-based, but son was going off and Tez' angles fell completely flat. Really think it's a 3-0 for Danja but Tez' 3rd was the closest he got. Might be his best performance, either that or his JC battle from what I can remember.

That's enough Cortez for one day.

EDIT: I'm watching the 2nd part of Queenzflip's wildest moments in battle rap (which is completely out of order as you can tell from the first video which has Canibus and Big Gerald in 20-25) and this first dude threw cargos lmfaooooooooooooooo

YOUR WARDROBE, BORROWED
YOUS A BUM AS N***A, TAKE THESE CARGOS

im dying, might be the best prop ever

This series is also a pretty good jumping off point if a lot of the popular battle rap references go over your head TBH.

First time i've seen that tittie juggle...wow.

Finished my undergrad today

Gonna have an epic fap session tomorrow

If I didn't have work tomorrow, I would have brought a water bottle of goldschlager to class

lol no

Casual dating is where it's at.

It's ridiculous how easy it is being in an arts major. Fish in a barrel. Plus, I'm smart and sexy

Also, white chicks love me cuz I'm exotic.

To my white american/canadian homies in here, how come your culture is so damn boring lmao.

Top Bottom