• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

QP was on some shit against Arsonal, especially that first

"This some battle rap shit, dawkk,
I ain't bout to hold no grudge witchu
I could give a fuck if a bug bitchu
You lil fudgeciscle"

Goddamn lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That battle had so many of my favourite lines this year. Also the superior Fendi line before it was bit:

Your bitch, I fuck her up, and down, my nickname Fendi to the dame
I'll have your whole body in a black plastic bag, you'll be looking like Missy in The Rain
*gunshot*

You know how I'm yo bitch daddy, dawg?
Because she calls me daddy, dawg.
In front of her daddy, dawg.

I make n***as feel bad, REAL BAD
I'll smack the shit out of your REAL DAD
In broad Daylyt with a QUILL MASK

I fucked the bitch, got her pregnant, and she called me, I said bitch you're trying to start something now
She said "QP, fuck Derell, this is our son now!"
I said bitch you're trippin', I'm dippin', this is Ars' son now

Some other top lines from battles I rewatched recently:

Come get me. Guerrilla mindstate, dumb gritty
Give you a pound mid-round like Myers and Rum Nitty

I started drawing lead all crazy, scribbling
Shot the boy, but still beat the body like Zimmerman

* one of the best PGs, and I feel like City Towers showed up but Top kind of overshined him, which sucks

I hope you came with 4-4s and war forts.
If I lose? Think women's basketball. I'm a poor sport.

If I chase a n***a, Glock break a n***a
Funeral homes, box wake a n***a
You'll get the open hand, the fist or the deuce, Rock Paper Scissors

^ probably bar of t he year

URL is behind on a lot of battles. No UFF, or SM battle either. Not even a trailer. I guess they took a vacation. Something better drop in the week though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck Norbes, I'm thirsty out here. I can only watch those trailers so many times, and they're sitting on 3 events worth of shit + a bunch of vaulted/pseudo-vaulted stuff.

Doesn't make it worse they teased both Con/Magic and Gjonaj/Gutta for Thanksgiving and we got.. nothing. UFF is completely in limbo too, we don't know if it will even be on 106 anymore, just that it will air some time before the end of December.

Don't care if other leagues are dropping dope shit, I need my smrrrack fix.

EDIT: Daylyt on Tinychat right now answering questions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So.. Ether this weekend. Worth a thread or no?

KOTD - Rap Battle - Bigg K vs B Magic

and once again let us gooooooooooooooo!!!
Man.. this still feels like a tease of a better battle if it was longer, but it's probably best because Bigg K is better in shorter rounds. Edged Magic 1st and 3rd, but all of his rounds are shorter, so I don't know. Liked his best stuff a bit better and he was switching up those flows heavy.

Only one bar worth the jaz face

"You gone see more than a torture rack when this Luger lift"

Goddddamnnn

The rest was underwhelming. Magics third was clearly a mixtape verse.

Damn, this scripts dude washed JC 3-0 pretty convincingly.

Who is this dude? His voice and flow is so familiar but I can't place it, regardless, he was very good. Rhyme scheme was predictable but I kinda liked it

I do wish the magic and bigg K battle had 30~60 second longer rounds. However, both their styles translate well to a shorter battle and the length lead me to rewatching it more so than a typical battle.

Think I had K taking it on the PPV. That venus fly trap bar sent my soul flying. Still patiently waiting on that Con vs B Magic tho...

What do you guys think of the Bizzy Bone announcement? I'd never really considered anyone in Bone Thugs for battling, apparently he's been wanting to get in this shit for a minute though and is said to be very prepared.

edit:
SONNY BAMBOO VS DNA | Don't Flop Rap Battle

sonny bam is dope and slept on, hope he brings it in this battle. though I think I remember impressions of him dropping the ball.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, this scripts dude washed JC 3-0 pretty convincingly.

Who is this dude? His voice and flow is so familiar but I can't place it, regardless, he was very good. Rhyme scheme was predictable but I kinda liked it
Dallas Doomsday: JC vs. Scripts.

Scripts has been bubbling on Spit That Heat for a minute alongside T Top and those guys, AngryFan hypes him up like crazy. I think the first is debatable but otherwise Scripts got it.

That fucking overlay is so annoying.

I do wish the magic and bigg K battle had 30~60 second longer rounds. However, both their styles translate well to a shorter battle and the length lead me to rewatching it more so than a typical battle.

Think I had K taking it on the PPV. That venus fly trap bar sent my soul flying. Still patiently waiting on that Con vs B Magic tho...

What do you guys think of the Bizzy Bone announcement? I'd never really considered anyone in Bone Thugs for battling, apparently he's been wanting to get in this shit for a minute though and is said to be very prepared.

edit:
SONNY BAMBOO VS DNA | Don't Flop Rap Battle

sonny bam is dope and slept on, hope he brings it in this battle. though I think I remember impressions of him dropping the ball.
This was a shitastic battle. Bamboo had the better material in the first but he choked, Bamboo was corny in the 2nd but DNA started freestyling and shit to varying degrees of success so he stole all the thunder but his writtens were garbo the entire battle. Both of them had attempted-fake-freestyles that fell flat too. The entire thing was so sloppy, like 2-3 good lines in the entire battle.

^^
Yup that battle was crap. Sonny Bamboo's ISIS line was diabolical but It's pretty much the only one I can remember. Also Sonny built up a scheme to the bait and switch of calling DNA a "faggot" too much.

Overall Bam had better rhymes and I fuck with his slick ass delivery but his performance was very sloppy. DNA just clearly phoned it in. Not the best way to start off the Don't Flop USA division.

Sweiously tho

Scripts went off, particularly that second

"Walk around with his head in a jar like Nixon on futureama"

"We known to clap actors, wipe the prints and throw it in the Bush like Matt Stafford"

Goddddamnnn

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Help me out guys, because I'm generally unfamiliar with a lot of GT-originating rappers' resumes. Gonna throw an Ether thread up soon, but what are the best performances from these guys on the card that I could link to, in your opinion?

ether-card.jpg

A lot of these guys have a lot of very good performances instead of a few absolute standouts. Only standouts I can think of are Big T (vs. Surf), Offishal (vs. C3), Serius Jones (Jin/Mook) and Conceited (Surf/Arsonal).

Everyone needs to check out the three "Bad Bars" episodes Don't Flop have done. They are better than 95% of the battles released nowadays imo.

1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZod9f5Js38
2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFuvM-KwYRQ
3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohwFXfFwdA (USA edition)

Love this too, Worst Lines in Battle Rap of 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8O3uldc52s
Yup, this series is great. A lot of good battle rap related series' out right now IMO.

mellz

Help me out guys, because I'm generally unfamiliar with a lot of GT-originating rappers' resumes. Gonna throw an Ether thread up soon, but what are the best performances from these guys on the card that I could link to, in your opinion?

Daylyt vs. Rich Dolarz
Bigg K vs. Illmac for both
Real Deal vs. B-Magic
Diz vs. Canibus (I think his DNA battle is very overrated)
Bonnie Godiva vs. Young Gattas
Arsonal vs. Shotty

Dizaster vs. Swave?

Only Dizaster battle I enjoy rewatching for Dizaster because of that Adam & Eve line.

Anything else has to be better. I'm not a big Dizaster fan, so I can't name great performances off the top of my head but that Canibus shit is just painful.

yoooo don't do diz like that he was one of the best when he was on his streak back in the day.

Diz vs Jerzy Swift
Diz vs Nocando
Diz vs Caustic
Diz vs SMP
Diz vs A Class

are all great, my vote is for Diz vs Nocan, shit's a classic.

Everyone else's classics (personal favs bolded):

Caustic vs Q Shinobi/Dizaster/Jefferson Price/John John Da Don
TheSaurus vs Dumbfoundead/DBD/Ness Lee/ Illmac
Heartless vs Calicoe
Real Deal vs TheSaurus/B Magic/Ness Lee
Daylyt vs Rich Dolarz/Lotta Zay/Passwurdz/Chilla Jones/Charlie Clips
Illmac vs Bender/TheSaurus/Dizaster/Bigg K/Ness Lee/Eurgh/Truth

Dereck

So Cassidy was poppin off at the mouth heavy, talkin all kinds of shit, I just don't believe that he's gonna do well in this battle at all tomorrow, what do you guys think?

So Cassidy was poppin off at the mouth heavy, talkin all kinds of shit, I just don't believe that he's gonna do well in this battle at all tomorrow, what do you guys think?

Are you referring to this hot 97 interview?

I think Diz is gonna win, but Cas will put up a better fight than other industry artists. The way Cas is shit talking he is at least familiar with one portion of the battle scene. That counts for something.

It's just how he keeps going on about his massive influence. He's not necessarily putting together that he's really only that influential on the east coast SMACK side of things. Even then there's a good number of rappers in that scene who didn't necessarily take as much from Cas' punchline style as he's letting on.

So his whole premise that he's going to take battle rap to the next level and give everyone the building blocks for the next evolution doesn't ring true to me. If he plans on coming out and doing some next level punchlines then that's cool, but the current scene is already full of rappers trying, very hard, to out do each others punch lines.

Regardless, Diz isn't from that scene so if Cas plays that card it'll come off stale. Diz will have angles, He'll have his rapid fire multi syllable flow (which I fuck with heavy when done right), he'll have aggression, evocative violent Imagery, clowning and punchlines. He might even fuck around and freestyle some hot shit if he's comfortable enough (though as of late diz has been sloppy with the frees).

At this point I don't know what Cas will do to match Dizaster's versatility. Cas will probably have the edge on the punchlines specifically (he'd better) and ppl might fuck with his flow more; but everything else? I'm just not seeing the Cassidy win.

mileS

Re-listening to Ab-Soul vs Daylyt. Love this fucking battle. Ab-Soul had some creative shit for sure. Day tho, part of me wonders if he focused purely on bars and shit just like this battle, he would be top 3 without question.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF: T-Top vs. Th3 Saga. Judges: Mook & Lux.

T-Top is too much. Spit That Heat is really breeding all the killers right now. MILTOWN BLOE GETTING HYPE MAKES ME HYPE

Apparently this didn't air on TV, but they showed Brizz vs. Anubis instead, SMH.

Magic vs. Conceited dropping tomorrow too. We are not ready.

In URL news, it seems like they're December event isn't happening so they're stretching all of their shit out.. even though they're sitting on wild battles.

Daylyt said he's been made offers for opponents on URL but turned them down, so he's pretty much waiting for Lux.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Seems like a longshot. I mean I don't really see why Lux would even consider it given Day's previous stunts.
Listened to the rest of the interview and it sounds like it was already supposed to go down on the Cass card, money put up and everything, but Day wanted to do it on URL. Not the first time he's alluded to Lux being down for the idea too, he sort of implies it's in the works for SM5 which I find to be a pretty good possibility considering Day said he'd do it for free and Lux is sort of humbling himself right now and is working with Smack again.

This is kind of a crummy battle but Big T had some shit. His first and third had some of those classic Big T lines
along with some of the bullshit and way too many sound effects

Slightly better than his B Magic performance IMO.

Damn felt kinda bad for Anubis

Dude can write and his delivery is really good, but he needs the write kind of crowd to react to his shit. Lmao at that "dance with shells like secret of the ooze"

Brizz is ready for the main stage. Give him the perpetual gatekeeper DNA lol.....after he battles Lottazay.......

mileS

watching Con vs. B-Magic now. Holy shit the crowd is gassin magic. let him get 2 bars off please. *edit* seems like its the crowd in general.

Top Bottom