• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF: Brizz Rawsteen vs. Anubis

Damn felt kinda bad for Anubis

Dude can write and his delivery is really good, but he needs the write kind of crowd to react to his shit. Lmao at that "dance with shells like secret of the ooze"

Brizz is ready for the main stage. Give him the perpetual gatekeeper DNA lol.....after he battles Lottazay.......
He already battled Lotta Zay on Spit That Heat. Good battle. He's a dumbass though, Verb said he'd give him a shot at URL December and Brizz called him an old head or whatever and Verb said fuck it. Getting a chance to battle Verb on URL is huge, this isn't those one offs he gives elsewhere that don't help people's careers.

Anubis is forever Danja Zone tier. Charismatic, carved out their own niche kind of, are even better writers but.. ain't nobody checking for them and they'll never sell the tickets a Hitman will.

Furyous

Caps is on twitter talking about how Cass vs Diz made $1 million. If that's true then Cass is underpaid and this alters the discussion a bit.

Why is there reluctance for those in the community to embrace investors that hold their own events and bring attention to the platform? What will battle rap fans pay for? Pay-per-views work as a business if that number is true. I'm quite interested to see what the culture will tolerate to the point that battlers are labeled as sellouts.

I kind of get the anger as far as investors holding events that do not start on time or are unprofessional in general. However, I doubt any of the big leagues really want to pay battlers Cassidy money. Coming out of this event, fans don't want huge venues and hate shitty crowds. However, how can a company make their money back if they can't charge exorbitant ticket prices and hold pay per views?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caps is on twitter talking about how Cass vs Diz made $1 million. If that's true then Cass is underpaid and this alters the discussion a bit.

Why is there reluctance for those in the community to embrace investors that hold their own events and bring attention to the platform? What will battle rap fans pay for? Pay-per-views work as a business if that number is true. I'm quite interested to see what the culture will tolerate to the point that battlers are labeled as sellouts.

I kind of get the anger as far as investors holding events that do not start on time or are unprofessional in general. However, I doubt any of the big leagues really want to pay battlers Cassidy money. Coming out of this event, fans don't want huge venues and hate shitty crowds. However, how can a company make their money back if they can't charge exorbitant ticket prices and hold pay per views?
He's also using some fidgety math. I know the page said 25k on it, but there's no way we can know if that's just unpaid subs to the channel or channel views or what. 25k people buying the PPV sounds a bit crazy to me TBH. Even if that was the case, how do you judge he's being overpaid? According to what? Did that performance live up to anyone's expectations, or your average, active battle fan's expectations? Did they not have to book a venue and also pay other expensive battlers (Diz, Serius)? That said, Lush said it did well enough to secure another event, so let's see.

People are apprehensive for that exact reason, the battles don't get better, and the people buying in get nothing more out of it. I paid for the High Stakes PPV and while I think Lux vs. Hollow was worth the admission, others were watching that shit on a cracked stream for free (this undermines ALL PPVs). Now you want me to pay $40-50 to see a crummy matchup like Dizaster vs. Cassidy? lolno.

I don't know what the answer is, and right now it just seems to be sponsors who really want to see a battle go down, which isn't sustainable. The other alternative is to create a production you can back from an established subscriber base, like the URL/HBO venture which never worked out. But most importantly, us fans need a better guarantee of quality content, which it seems nobody can do consistently because the kinks aren't being ironed out.

First and foremost

We don't need a shitload of battles during a marquee ppv event. By we, I mean people who show up to watch it live and people watching online. It should not go for more than 4 hours total

There should be at most, 4 on the undercard and then the main event

Total slaughter had it right. UDubb had 4battles but there was a shitload of random dudes battling before, iirc

The whole thing needs to be streamlined imo and a lot of that has to do with the rappers reigning their shit in. Entourage shouldn't be on the stage at all at any point. Rappers need to be told to be ready a few minutes before their matches are up and they need to come the hell out when it's time. And there needs to be a uniform time limit for every round that's strictly adhered to with exception to Main/Co-Main Events. I don't care how anticipated the battle is, if it's not the main draw, it shouldn't go over 20 minutes total.

Once all that stuff is in place, the production should see less problems overall. The only other thing is making sure the mic system works. Keep it basic. 3 mics only. 1 for the host and 1 for each battler.

CASSIDY VS DIZASTER - RECAP [jayblac1615]

jayblac's assessment on point like usual.

There should be at most, 4 on the undercard and then the main event

This is so real. I feel like promoters don't want to so they can keep ticket prices high. But the more you see restless crowds for big events, and hear about the piss poor time management (or see it unfold live on demand) it becomes a no brainer.

We've gotten to a point in battle rap where crowds excessively booing is becoming accepted and I hate it. 5 battles should be the limit unless it's a multiple day event.

So all the battles that were originally supposed to drop on the KOTD channel from Ether (every battle except cass vs diz) are now dropping on Dizaster's youtube channel. Apparently there were irretrievable portions of audio so the battles just have missing chunks in them... Lush decided the footage wasn't up to KOTD's par of quality.

I'm assuming the edits were made when the mic audio would occasionally cut out on the stream. If that's the case then Bigg K's entire 1st round is gone and we'll never hear it.

Ether is officially the worst battle rap event, confirmed. This shit is so not yaki rn.

Chess vs Prep is pretty entertaining battle

There's a reason I carry a backpack.
Cuz them two straps carry two straps
Nigga, my back packed

Hardddddddd

Fuck a shotgun
You getting that bazooka wreck
So off the top
It's over the shoulder like a superplex.

Chess is very good at acting out his bars.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big T vs. B Magic is a crummy battle but it had some of my favourite lines this year.

Big T:
If I could, everywhere I''m good
Last year for my birthday I blew out the candles and wished... that a motherfucker WOULD

And one of my favourite B Magic lines:
Cocky with the blazers
Gotta be a slayer
Going to all these bitches cribs like it's How To Be A Player

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You ever wonder what the PG battles that don't get dropped look like?

Well Ya Boy Clip vs. Tyranny. This dude's first round even has a bar about good battles getting dropped. Omg y'all have to watch the second round from Tyrrany. That room was not having ANY of it. I guess they're uploading one-sided battles to The War Report?

Fresh Coast Media Group is starting to announce battles for it's next card in Boston:

Ill Will vs. Bigg K (could be flames.. wait, didn't this just happen on RBE?)
Conceited vs. Chilla Jones
Pat Stay vs. ???
Pass vs. ???
DNA vs. ???
Charlie Clips vs. ???
Goodz vs. ???
Arsonal vs. ???
Calicoe vs. ???
40 BARRS vs. ???

Fresh Coast Media Group is starting to announce battles for it's next card in Boston:

C'mon bro, don't lie to me. We all know Ill Will doesn't show up to battles. This is a blatant lie.

Ill Will isn't even a battler anymore. He's a scam artist who specializes in deceiving battle promoters.

Conceited is going to DIE.

**Pat Stay vs. Calicoe
Pass vs. ???
DNA vs. ???
Charlie Clips vs. ???
Goodz vs. ???
Arsonal vs. ???
Calicoe vs. ???
40 BARRS vs. ???

^^ That's a fucking good battle right there. If they both do what they're supposed to do that has some real classic potential.

Also I'm excited to see Pass battling again.

Im watching diz vs cass again with my boy; catching him up. The hype has fallen by the wayside completely.

Diz won clearly. Come at me, quote bars. The writing isnt even close.

"My bars go over niggas heads like a mistletoe"

Edit: i try not to link to other forums in this thread but heres the transcrption

I'm kinda fucking around here, but reading the bars made it look way different when I saw this again

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Two recent enjoyable UK vs. US battles from Don't Flop:

Impact vs. Brixx Belvedere
Mr Re vs. Lotta Zay
Impact 3-0 Brixx. Close to a body but Brixx had some shit.

Mr Re vs. Zay was kind of eh. 2-1 either way. I felt like Mr Re did more for me at the start of the battle but Zay more by the end.

Dat 2nd from Dialect & Zen. Couldn't help but bop my head.

LOOK AT MY LIVING ROOM

Calicoe looks so much better and grown up with that fuller beard
Facts only. Anyone else kind of surprised people have so much respect for him even after he got that work from Lux? There was a period where everyone retroactively thought dude been trash, but then everyone wants to book him again and his shows out in front of Snoop.

Holy shit

That Sammy Sosa line by Brooklyn Carter in that first round
What battle is this?

EDIT: SMH @ AngryFan jumping on FCMG's nuts after that first blog he made.

EDIT: SMH @ AngryFan jumping on FCMG's nuts after that first blog he made.

Yeah... whats up with "slightly perturbed fan" lately. Dude should be much angrier. If anything at this point I'm somewhat weary such a great card (so far) might get destroyed with Ether tier event organization. FCMG is still in the dog house.

Brooklyn Carter vs Sammy

Gorilla Warfare

Same location as the born vs brixx

Pretty good battle until fat boy pulls out that rando picture as a prop

Robin Williams line was crazy too

Their entourages were gassing both of them tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brooklyn Carter vs Sammy

Gorilla Warfare

Same location as the born vs brixx

Pretty good battle until fat boy pulls out that rando picture as a prop

Robin Williams line was crazy too

Their entourages were gassing both of them tho
Brooklyn Carter's first PG was fire, and I haven't enjoyed him after that, including this battle.

Where are all those hyped up PG's that were supposed to drop a few weeks ago? Anyone listen to the War Report and know what's up with this?
I saw in the comments for one of the videos that Gjonaj/Gutta is supposed to be dropping "really, really soon," about two weeks ago. At this point if it isn't trh Christmas Classic, then I don't know.

URL hasn't even dropped Friday's UFF yet, and for the BET upload, they uploaded the third round in place of the 2nd -.-'

I really don't believe they have a schedule for this shit, they just drop stuff when they feel like it.

EDIT: UK PG Card:

IMG-20141213-WA0000.jpg

Top Bottom