• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

So fellas and ladies, we've been together for a while now. I feel the core of us here have gotten comfortable enough to start talking a more personally especially with battle rap blowing up, and events happening next year that a bunch of us have the opportunity to attend, and potentially meet up.

How yall feel about making a WhatsApp group or something similar where we can discuss battle rap instantly. Since we don't use plug.dj anymore, we don't really get the chance to have discussions in real time. On a selfish level, I'm just bored as shit at work and I want more people to talk to lol

What yall think?

At least one person plz, tho I hope we can get all of the consistent posters in this thread.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd be down, I don't use Whatsapp though and this thread would probably die.

Kid Twist on Blackout 5 GET HYPE

EDIT: Bill Collector vs. Big Kannon ..wtf? SMH @ Bill saying he wouldn't come back unless he got $50k and then does some random one-rounder with headphones in his ears. AND HES NOT EVEN SPITTING TO A BEAT.

EDIT2: This might be the worst round I've ever seen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Could you imagine if Bow Wow was there for that Erica Mena line in the UFF finals?

THE ENERGY IN THE CROWD
Someone yelled out EVIL MOTHERFUCKER after the pedophile bar lmao

So many great reactions. There so many GIFs I've been meaning to make :(

Don't really watch female rap battles but just got around to watching Jaz vs 40 Barrs because of Queenzflip and his blogs. Jaz usually bores me but she bodied 40. Crowd made it hard to watch though. Never seen a 40 battle either so I dunno if I'm going to start now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Charlie Clips vs. Charron.

Charron with the body, holy shit. He was styling on him and breaking Clips down so hard, this could've been a classic if Clips came with it. I liked that Pat Stay flip from Clips though, but that was pretty much undone by his salty talking through his opponents rounds. Son making a damn good case for the best freestyler IMO.

I fuck her so hard, she sounds like Danny Myers reacting to his own bars

I've been to so many funerals, Don Cherry is jealous of my suit collection

You'll wake up with DNA on you like a Bill Cosby victim

I'll fucking beat this bitch like Ghomeshi

EDIT: Charron is too godlike. This is one of my favourite sequences all year from the Magic battle:

You can't win(d) with the worst angles on Earth, keep flopping
You spit fire with a watered down flow, your heat's stopping
Fuck a one-dimensional punchline festival B's dropping
I just gave y'all the 4 elements like Rahzel when he's beatboxing

daaaaaaamn charron's matador, ox scheme was tight. Charron lives battle rap on that student of the game shit. If he can keep being that clever his rise wont stop.

It was a shorter scheme, but the writing for that portion was nearly Chilla level. leets gooooo.

edit:

clips was fuckin with it now he's salty cause he's getting cooked for real LOL. his expression is priceless.

The editing in these videos is very favorable though, Clips and Daylyt's performances both look waaaay better than on the PPV.

edit 2:

yo if you pay attention to this battle you can see ganik is the GOAT time keeper.

dude is on point with the iphone stopwatch.

edit 3:

"rolling dice on a map... you can die a legend" was terrible tho, stop with that charron.
not to knitpick but he was cooking with the punches and that travesty stopped me dead in my tracks.

edit 4:

IF THIS DONT COUNT CAUSE WE AINT ON SMACK I'LL PULL A CADALCK RON

body confirmed, were done here.

SUITED UP WITH THAT GLOVE LIKE LUSH ONE.

back on my double posting shit

Charron you already confirmed the body, there's no need for this. Damn, Charron really stepped up the punches from the Shotgun Suge battle. Dude needs consistently nice comp. The shame of it all is that I truly believe Charlie would have put on if not for his family drama. Historically he's not the type to take KOTD light.

Ty Law confirms he's on the Rookies vs. Vets card.

Also, Shotty Horroh on BO5. Low key, the star power on the BO5 card is insane. I hope the matchups are good, they're gonna leak in the next few days if OTBVA goes back up in time lol.

I'm on media blackout for any matchups cause I want the surprise regardless of a leak.

Spoiler tags on that in the future if you all can remember. The card is looking really sick.

My ninjas

Whoever wants in this What'sapp group, pm me your numbers and I'll set it up

And enzo, we won't let this thread die

Gonna eat off that Charron in a bit

Enzo, I know your awake

Miles, ninja hawk, early

Let's go. Me and Myron already dappin it up

"Notsob like Boston backwards"

That's a reach

It's almost not even a reach as much as it's just conceptually fucked.

It's like people think Chilla's "Julian in reverse Nail U J" line was hot because he literally reversed a word.

Who do you guys wanna see matched up on BO5?

Shotty against Hitman or Rex would be killer.

Hitman vs Shotty would be the best pairing so far of the announced battlers. I'm still holding out hope for Hitman against a TBD. Rex has some shit to prove before getting someone like Hitman after his Clips and Cortez battles. It might be unfair to discount him like that after his impressive Total Slaughter run but whateves.

I'm psyched on this event, if they get the matchups right this shit will be wild. Shuffle T vs Kid Twist would be crazy. If they're having Shuffle in a singles battle.

Just switched a tab and Osa got announced. If people don't know why that's a great thing watch this battle. (GOAT pre battle interview)

some quick context for the "bike rack" disses in a previous battle 24/7 had a line to the effect of "my styles like a bike rack... it's made for only the riders to connect with" and Osa goes in on this

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm on media blackout for any matchups cause I want the surprise regardless of a leak.

Spoiler tags on that in the future if you all can remember. The card is looking really sick.
Yeah for sure, I don't intend to spoil anything. Last time I just said they were on OTBVA.

Who do you guys wanna see matched up on BO5?

Shotty against Hitman or Rex would be killer.
Some matchups I like from what's announced thus far:

Hitman Holla vs. Shotty Horroh
Rone vs. Kid Twist
Quest Mcody vs. Big T
Big T vs. Hollohan
Quest Mcody vs. 100 Bulletz
Eurgh vs. Kid Twist

Having trouble thinking of a good matchup for Rex out of the current selection. Maybe Shotty.

It's almost not even a reach as much as it's just conceptually fucked.

It's like people think Chilla's "Julian in reverse Nail U J" line was hot because he literally reversed a word.

Hitman vs Shotty would be the best pairing so far of the announced battlers. I'm still holding out hope for Hitman against a TBD. Rex has some shit to prove before getting someone like Hitman after his Clips and Cortez battles. It might be unfair to discount him like that after his impressive Total Slaughter run but whateves.

I'm psyched on this event, if they get the matchups right this shit will be wild. Shuffle T vs Kid Twist would be crazy. If they're having Shuffle in a singles battle.
That Chilla line was delivered particularly well, was a contextual fit and felt novel at the time IMO. Was watching old Ty Law battles the other day and Anymal was like "I'll do Ty Law backwards, put you through the wall, aight?" and I thought that was okay, but it kind of made me aware that no one should do this unless it absolutely fits.

T-Rex already battled Hitman in a one-rounder BTW, super low key but it was a decent battle. But yeah, I'm not tryna see Rex right now until he gets his shit together and at least motivated. Kind of ready to see K-Shine again though (not on a KOTD card), and there was definitely a point in 2012-3 where there was way too much K-Shine and I was cool with never seeing him again.

That Chilla line was delivered particularly well, was a contextual fit and felt novel at the time IMO.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. It was set up with "spin julian in reverse and nail you J" a threat that makes sense on the first level. Telling someone you'll spin them around and punch them at the same time constructing a clever name flip. It also resolved his religion scheme.

Not sob doesn't have any of those connections. It's like charron was just proud of himself for reversing a word.

That blowing sax with bleeding gums like lisa simpson shit was top tier though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spit That Heat: Genocide vs. Stebo.

Apparently this battle got both of these guys PGs, and Genocide supposedly went off at the SM4 PGs. Decent battle, worth a watch IMO, some creative stuff in there. Get your krill sprayed like Orcaman

That Gjonaj/Gutta needs to come out like now. My Top 20 battles of the year is kind of already set in stone. Also, it doesn't seem like KOTD has put up a release schedule for FL3 events, but I honestly don't think I'll find anything worthy out of there.

m3k

What's going on with clips? He had no time to prepare with two battles coming up? Or has personal stuff going on and had no motivation?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's going on with clips? He had no time to prepare with two battles coming up? Or has personal stuff going on and had no motivation?
Smells like bullshit to me.

The first of those two battles is in April/May/June.. And he said his mom escaped cancer back at SM4 too.. so did she escape it again or what? It's a gray area, and I think he got forced into battling Charron or something. Now it's a hollow win for Charron.

m3k

Smells like bullshit to me.

The first of those two battles is in April/May/June.. And he said his mom escaped cancer back at SM4 too.. so did she escape it again or what? It's a gray area, and I think he got forced into battling Charron or something. Now it's a hollow win for Charron.

Oh well good on charron, they can have a rematch later and sort it out if clips is bothered cleaning up his 'undefeated' run

Charron needs to work on his delivery lol

The latest episode of the Bar Exam game show is a classic.

ohmy.gif

Trolling or what? Days rounds against Pat are awful, hes not even trying and he sucks. Coming from a big fan of his. In what world can you honestly give him any round of that battle?

just rewatched the battle and I agree Day got 3-0'd. Pat could have killed him worse but this failed to live up to Day's matrix performance as a "concept gimmick."

the footage was edited very favorably for him, though. if anyone caught the PPV you know Day wasted a lot more time getting into his rhymes and also got booed a lot more.

The gimmick seems to me like him responding to the fan reaction for when it was announced Day got a title shot. He was upset many ppl felt he didn't deserve it despite him putting on several classics for KOTD over the last two years. He interpreted that as racist.

I feel like it's probably moreso go hard, stuck up, square ass battle fans who think Day's gimmicks are fucking up "THE CULTURE." Still, it could have made for an interesting angle but imo he failed to explain his position well enough and it ended up falling flat.

Pat was at about 65~70% which is still more entertaining to watch than most battlers but between that and Day's shenanigans this battle has low replay value.

Yall get in on this What'sapp. Jump to the top tier from the gaf proving ground

Quest Mcody vs Day is a really fun battle. Quests name flips were really good. The last 3 mins of Day are OD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit dumbfoundead is at BO5

Holy shit

EDIT: Daylyt vs. Quest Mcody. Watch this shit y'all. This is the real deal. Giving JJDD vs. T-Top a run for one rounder of the year IMO.

EDIT2: I don't know man, this is hard to call. IMO Mcody edged it, especially with that last line, which even Daylyt admitted caught him off guard. But then Day had lines like the
Miranda
one. Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu

Holy shit dumbfoundead is at BO5

Holy shit

EDIT: Daylyt vs. Quest Mcody. Watch this shit y'all. This is the real deal. Giving JJDD vs. T-Top a run for one rounder of the year IMO.

EDIT2: I don't know man, this is hard to call. IMO Mcody edged it, especially with that last line, which even Daylyt admitted caught him off guard. But then Day had lines like the
Miranda
one. Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu

Battle was crazy, I gatta give this shit to Day off the first watch. Quest finished his round and thought he had it for sure. Ended very strong with that "spawn died in detroit" shit too. Then Day came in... some of those lines man. This is one of the best Day performances, and also in one of the best environments, of his entire career.

I hope the views pop off for this via word of mouth cause Quest deserves the look and the hype going into his BO5 battle. The promotion for this event wasn't too crazy though. I think I heard of this shit once and forgot about it completely.

CRUGER VS DNA | Don't Flop Rap Battle

Really good battle. Best DNA I've seen in a while, dope free-styling from him in the 3rd. Cruger had some really strong moments, during his 2nd and 3rd in particular.

A lot of people have called out DNA for his factual errors and the generally dumb shit he tends to say at times, but Cruger made it a lot funnier than most people manage. I'm actually surprised nobody called him out on that albino shit before.

Furyous

Lush One is going in on Serius Jones on twitter after Serius allegedly threatened him. Is Serius really blackballed?

I didn't think Day would bring antics to Detroit. Was that Trick Trick in the crowd? Yea, that antic shit wasn't happening that night for clear reasons I will not speculate on for obvious reasons.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Am I tripping or is that 2-1 DNA?

He lost the 3rd definitively, but I think he got the 2nd definitively because Roc was doing a bunch of lame shit and his angle just hit. I think DNA edged the first too. One of Roc's weakest performances IMO, gassing on a whole other level, and some forced energy,

Magik

He lost the 3rd definitively, but I think he got the 2nd definitively because Roc was doing a bunch of lame shit and his angle just hit. I think DNA edged the first too. One of Roc's weakest performances IMO, gassing on a whole other level, and some forced energy,

On video its pretty close, but based on reaction, Roc won it easily even though most of his stuff was 'light'. Gassing on a whole other level for sure.

And who the hell told DNA it was okay to come out in that pitiful excuse of a T-Shirt? What the hell? Damn thing looks like an extra small on the top and a medium on the bottom and not to mention that shirt is long as can be since it looked like it stretched over his ass. DNA lost a round on that T-Shirt alone.

I have Tay Roc in my top 5. And I felt this is the worse battle I've ever seen from him. But I think the crowd was the reason for it. He didn't get into his flow. I still think he won 3-0, but if he was able to string his stuff together then it would have replay value. I don't think I'll ever watch this again.

tay roc needs to learn to rap through the crowd sometimes, they'll usually shut up if they feel like they're missing to many bars.

DNA's first was 80% tired concepts, he ended it strong at least. Tay's 1st is just annoying to watch because he's stopping every five seconds. You don't have to pause for EVERY reaction!

Can't even really judge this round for round. DNA was completely out of character by the end going on about "I cant do nothin for em!!!" and desperately trying to free something to get the crowd back.

That's more than just losing a round imo, you broke down. Honestly I'd hesitate to give him the 1st anyway but DNA didn't get cooked like ppl said at all. It was really looking debatable after the 2nd. The crowd was actually fucking with DNA decently in the 1st two rounds as well.

Tay got gassed out of this world, didnt turn up with his performance like he did vs Clips at all. His bars were nice but didn't warrent all the reaction they got often times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On video its pretty close, but based on reaction, Roc won it easily even though most of his stuff was 'light'. Gassing on a whole other level for sure.

And who the hell told DNA it was okay to come out in that pitiful excuse of a T-Shirt? What the hell? Damn thing looks like an extra small on the top and a medium on the bottom and not to mention that shirt is long as can be since it looked like it stretched over his ass. DNA lost a round on that T-Shirt alone.
This needs to be emphasized.

DNA, with all those marks on your body, you look like directions to get here

Can't even really judge this round for round. DNA was completely out of character by the end going on about "I cant do nothin for em!!!" and desperately trying to free something to get the crowd back.

That's more than just losing a round imo, you broke down. Honestly I'd hesitate to give him the 1st anyway but DNA didn't get cooked like ppl said at all. It was really looking debatable after the 2nd. The crowd was actually fucking with DNA decently in the 1st two rounds as well.

Tay got gassed out of this world, didnt turn up with his performance like he did vs Clips at all. His bars were nice but didn't warrent all the reaction they got often times.
Yeah you can tell that shit was affecting him, he ended his round early and everything.

Man, I don't think this battle is going to grow on me like Roc vs. JC did. If Tay comes with this bullshit vs. Calicoe or Surf he's gonna get SMOKED.

Furyous

Y'all hearing this Serius Jones vs Lush One argument on Angry Fan Radio?

Basically, Lush had a budget for ether and it got slashed but he didn't communicate that to the battle rappers according to Lush One. Lush said Jones really got 20K and is owed less than 20 percent according to Lush One. Jones asked where the rest of his money was and questioned Lush One.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all hearing this Serius Jones vs Lush One argument on Angry Fan Radio?

Basically, Lush had a budget for ether and it got slashed but he didn't communicate that to the battle rappers according to Lush One. Lush said Jones really got 20K and is owed less than 20 percent according to Lush One. Jones asked where the rest of his money was and questioned Lush One.
Yeah I just tuned into this literally minutes ago.

Now Lush is saying the money would be "slower" so.. wat

EDIT: I'm actually not sure if I'm listening live or not anymore.

Furyous

Yeah I just tuned into this literally minutes ago.

Now Lush is saying the money would be "slower" so.. wat

EDIT: I'm actually not sure if I'm listening live or not anymore.

Nah, this is live. Angry Fan turnt all the way up 0 to 100 on Lush One for saying don't let these east coast motherfuckers dictate our conversation.

Top Bottom