• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Yeah I think right now it's:

BOTB7 next week
Some shitty UDUBB card next week
BO5 first week of Feb
Don't Flop 6.5 Birthday Event
URL Rookies vs Vets some time in late Jan/Early Feb (if they don't announce it soon, probably later than this)
Spit That Heat's No Witnesses March 29
RBE's Blood, Sweat and Tiers 2 on April 18
KOTD Boston May 15th
NOME 5 sometime in April/May
But we all know its going to be in June again

Don't know when the next Traphouse or Go-Rilla card is.

Also Clips was on War Report. Pretty much confirming he has T-Top for Rookies vs. Vets. That's pretty huge but I don't think Top is ready. At least Magic had to run through the mid tier guys to get to the top.

EDIT: Yo this latest AngryFan blog is so on the money.

Thanks! Better than I thought. Udubb card!? Err...do we know who's on that? >_>

Lush One Rushes Alki David At FilmOn Studios

what the fuck is battle rap? what is happening?

not entirely sure if this is related, I haven't looked in on it, but:

ganiktweet.png

So I listened to the latest AFR where Lush explains this. It's so fucking weird. Essentially he's begun some form of negotiations with Alki to pay off the rappers on the Ether card. Alki and Lush thought it would be funny to make this video as a way of letting ppl know, so it's definitely supposed to be a joke.

Personally I don't think Lush should be comfortable joking around like this so soon after he was getting killed for the Ether payment debacle. Even still, this video is just more confusing than anything.

Dunno if the Organik tweet has anything to do with this now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL (War Report) PG: J Murda vs. Stebo. Watching some of Murda's shit now and he's not the nicest, perhaps not even notable, but dude has this comfort and swag to him. He's like a mini-Cortez just a bit less forced. Stebo is super nice but he choked up a storm :(

Also, this is what Rookies vs. Vets is looking like right now:

T Top vs. Charlie Clips
Brizz Rawsteen vs. Aye Verb
Chess vs. DNA
Mr. Wavy vs. K-Shine
Steams vs. John John Da Don

I guess Ty Law vs. B Magic is either on this card or NOME 5. What y'all think? Chess vs. DNA is kind of cool in concept, the battle of the young prodigies.

Cliff notes on the angryfan blog?
Basically, after all the Ah Di Boom/Steams/HA Double/Prez battles that came out this week, these dudes are really starting to sound alike and it's difficult to muster up enough energy to even care, even for AngryFan. He goes in on the overabundance of spell-shit-out-bars and wordplay-heavy PGs. Then he goes in on URL for dropping all these other battles but still holding on to Gjonaj vs. Gutta.

8f08c5593045642a0efdc9ea7aabf77b.jpg

Card for a URL West PG event. Didn't even know that a URL west was poppin' off. Some of these battles should be dope. I'm guessing at least 60% are vault bound.

URL (War Report) PG: J Murda vs. Stebo
Also, this is what Rookies vs. Vets is looking like right now:

T Top vs. Charlie Clips
Brizz Rawsteen vs. Aye Verb
Chess vs. DNA
Mr. Wavy vs. K-Shine
Steams vs. John John Da Don

I guess Ty Law vs. B Magic is either on this card or NOME 5. What y'all think? Chess vs. DNA is kind of cool in concept, the battle of the young prodigies.

Hmm. Two of my favorite PG dudes going up against the excuse kings of battle rap. I just hope Verb and Clips take this serious so their potential wins can actually carry weight with the fans.

T Top is at his best when he's got a great angle. There's a lot to say about Charlie Clips so I'm thinking that should work out well.

edit:
this calicoe song that just dropped is actually pretty nice

mileS

Why are they still giving Cali Smoov battles? for fucks sake, this kid... he's like literally 16 years old or some shit, says shit in battles like he raps with the presence of Pac and he was there when he wrote Hit Em Up... gtfo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hmm. Two of my favorite PG dudes going up against the excuse kings of battle rap. I just hope Verb and Clips take this serious so their potential wins can actually carry weight with the fans.

T Top is at his best when he's got a great angle. There's a lot to say about Charlie Clips so I'm thinking that should work out well.
Difference here is those guys are battling on URL, so their reputation is at stake. I think that's what makes the card even relevant period, that these are battles they can't fuck around in. And if they do.. well I suppose they'll get off with it somehow or another.

And yeah Top is definitely at risk of burning out. I put it past no one, especially after that ridiculous UFF run. I don't know if I want him to branch out from struggle/drug raps, that's part of his character, but it's a liability moving forwards.

Why are they still giving Cali Smoov battles? for fucks sake, this kid... he's like literally 16 years old or some shit, says shit in battles like he raps with the presence of Pac and he was there when he wrote Hit Em Up... gtfo
The exact same reason Dizaster was chosen to battle Cassidy.

EDIT: Damn, someone uploaded some of the KingJuce battles to YouTube, I hope the rest get uploaded soon. I thought this was the least pirated PPV of all time because they kept getting them taking down. Some links, gonna go through them later:

Aye Verb vs. Cortez.
Math Hoffa vs. Hitman Holla

KOTD - Rap Battle - Chilla Jones vs Dialect

edit:
semi decent battle. chilla had a good 3rd, pretty clever execution for the angle. chilla sounded a bit more nasal than usual, he may have had a cold or something. dialects delivery was fire and he had some dope lines here and there, he could have come harder.

crowd was also wack as hell, barely cheered for anything except when the battlers clearly telegraphed it by raising their voice and whatnot. definitely threw dialect off his game in the 3rd.

definitely a skippable battle. crazy to say considering how big of a chilla fan I am.

mileS

KOTD - Rap Battle - Chilla Jones vs Dialect

edit:
semi decent battle. chilla had a good 3rd, pretty clever execution for the angle. chilla sounded a bit more nasal than usual, he may have had a cold or something. dialects delivery was fire and he had some dope lines here and there, he could have come harder.

crowd was also wack as hell, barely cheered for anything except when the battlers clearly telegraphed it by raising their voice and whatnot. definitely threw dialect off his game in the 3rd.

definitely a skippable battle. crazy to say considering how big of a chilla fan I am.

You were not kidding about that crowd... Takes me out of a battle so much. More importantly it throws the rappers off as well.

Makes me more worried about Blackout coming up. Since its an OVO joint theres going to be lots of dumb bitches showing up that probably haven't seen a battle in their life and just hope for a chance to see Drake.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Next Quiet Room card looks like fire:

10942749_828759487180267_5075806355985752557_n.jpg

KOTD crowds = spit fast or loud and you get cheers. It is known. Shit is terrible. Also that Chilla/Dialect battle was way more boring than it could have been, interspersed with frequent audio issues. All I remember from it is the tally marks line from Chilla.

Hitman Vs. Shotty at BO5

And i'm like 3 days late but whatever lol
hype tho

Rivitur

Banned
That chilla v dialect battle was boring. The crowd wasn't into it and the mic problems were just too much. Dialect's 3rd was cut short because he didn't want to completely choke as he started thinking about what he had written.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KG THE POET VS DANJA ZONE SMACK/ URL

watching now. KG has some fire in the first:
I'm foldin' paper in every direction/ but that's just what my aura got me (oragami)

where's that Rone vs Danja, norbes? The fans got your goofy ass those subs.
Gotta give this some more watches, I definitely didn't catch everything. A lot of sports bars I'll never get though, so *shruglife.

Fuck... more "reach/dot" bars, huh? Alright then...

edit:

I'm calling the "lose your cap after the second round... like danja zone" punches already.

ILL WILL VS BIG KANNON FULL BATTLE - RBE
This shit is FIRE. Everything after Kannon's first round was melting my face.

fuck. Ill motherfucking Will ladies and gentlemen

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BBG: DNA vs. M Ciddy (Detroit card). DNA relatively more entertaining than usual. Ciddy smoked DNA. DNA needs to stop looking away from the crowd when his opponents are spiting.
Jay Rell would kill DNA

TrapHouseNY: Bing Nation vs. Fettucine20.

Okay these guys have the worst names ever and I lost half of y'all but this battle had some crazy bars. NoMercy described it as the Rum Nitty vs. Danny Myers of TrapHouse and while that's an gross exaggeration, I checked it out anyways and it was worth a watch.

try to click on me, a bunch of motherfuckers will pop up, now that's mutual friends

Then another cannon light him if he try to wait
If I don't catch him at the candle lighting, I'll try at the wake

Oh you dance? I ain't talkin' scrappin' when I'm shooting hands
Rugers blam, look like Johnny Bravo when he do his dance
WHEW

that Sagat bars
the sickness scheme
the Toy Story scheme
the movie scheme
the being-to-bling shit, fuck
I.. want to know what that Beasley bar means

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Speaking of that, since we only know about the main events (Hitman-Shotty, Pat Stay-Charron), predictions?
Can't call Hitman-Shotty, because the crowd will get to him and I don't think they'll be receptive of his style, whereas Shotty raps fast and they love that shit. That could get to Hitman. 2-1 either way but I'd give it to Hitman.

Charron will murk Pat 3-0 but they will give Pat the chain to keep.

Apparently, Ars vs Mistah Fab almost got ugly quick. Ars spit something really disrespectful and Fab's friend came on stage and almost checked Ars. Everyone's saying Ars got 2-1'd. According to Angry Fan's interview there were money problems. Why does every big battle have scheduling issues?
Lol I thought Teddy Grizzle was supposed to be the most upstanding person about paying people. Didn't Fab get like $30k plus? I didn't even finish watching the battle, don't think I'll go back. Absolutely awful.

Furyous

Lol I thought Teddy Grizzle was supposed to be the most upstanding person about paying people. Didn't Fab get like $30k plus? I didn't even finish watching the battle, don't think I'll go back. Absolutely awful.

Fab got 40K plus, allegedly according one of his interviews. Who was leading the battle when you stopped watching? Money problems come down to possibly a few things such as lack of sponsors, lack of ticket sales, lack of ppv buys, and starting the event late.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fab got 40K plus, allegedly according one of his interviews. Who was leading the battle when you stopped watching? Money problems come down to possibly a few things such as lack of sponsors, lack of ticket sales, lack of ppv buys, and starting the event late.
I thought Ars had the more interesting material in the first, second was a toss up then I stopped caring. Fab was trying to be Lux most of the time, and when he wasn't he was just uninteresting. Arsonal was sub-par but he had more memorable lines.
The entire thing is on YT BTW

I feel like this Boston card is going to bomb SO hard relying on PPVs. I find the whole glorification of small room battles to be more of a defense mechanism coming out of Ether than something that's really a thing either.

Also anyone having trouble loading this thread on mobile? For some reason this thread keeps crashing my Safari. Need that next page lol

Been happening for a months enzo. I've gotten used to it on mobile, so it doesn't bother me that much

Takes a few minutes

I'm hype for these threeway battles

Datlyt Trez, Ahdi Boom, Craig Lamar, Xcel, Danja Zone

Lets go

Top 5 unknown hot chicks in the background or crowd at battles

5. Girl in the grey sweatsuit outfit on the right side, during the tycoon tax vs Rosenberg raw battle. Behind rosenberg

4. Cute chick behind X Factor during his battle with ILL Will

3. You can barely make her out, but I see the hottie beind syahboy and conceited during the JJDD vs Eurgh battle

2. Blasian lookin cutie on stage during the Rone vs Pat Stay battle.

1. And it's not even close. Hottie with the red/purple hair in the crowd during the Qp vs arsonal/ Cortez vs 40 barz/ lottazay vs C3 battles. Goddamn, I'm legit in love. You can tell the lightskinned dude she with is a lame

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Top 5 unknown hot chicks in the background or crowd at battles

5. Girl in the grey sweatsuit outfit on the right side, during the tycoon tax vs Rosenberg raw battle. Behind rosenberg

4. Cute chick behind X Factor during his battle with ILL Will

3. You can barely make her out, but I see the hottie beind syahboy and conceited during the JJDD vs Eurgh battle

2. Blasian lookin cutie on stage during the Rone vs Pat Stay battle.

1. And it's not even close. Hottie with the red/purple hair in the crowd during the Qp vs arsonal/ Cortez vs 40 barz/ lottazay vs C3 battles. Goddamn, I'm legit in love. You can tell the lightskinned dude she with is a lame
LOL she looks like Nessa Nitty, who is fine as fuck

we doing thirst lists now? LESGO

3. Brown girl standing next to Eurgh in the OShea vs. Charlie Clips battle, looking like Eurgh just got caught with her as his side chick when the white girl starts arguing on stage fucking up OShea and throws the orange on the ground

2. MyVerse

1. URL bottle/card girl behind Calicoe in the Lux battle. Shorty is in the sizzle reel for SM2 as well and is a 10/10.

also you got me to click on a Tycoon Tax battle, good job

Yo check out snypa vs kush Kurt.

Snypa went offfff.

"Ima send her a single k like she ain't text back"

Traffic cop line was hard

Dude is kinda like rum nitty. Punches are crazy, but a little bit too much arm movement. His crowd is kinda annoying too. If they can calm down and let him spit his shit consecutively with no interruptions, then the haymakers will hit so much harder. If the crowd reacts with "my nigga" and "that was hard" or just generally cheering the whole round, then the performance suffers.

We wanna see bars

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL/WeGoHardTV: Piff vs. Cakes. Super echoey and bad audio, a pain in the ass to get into etc. All these WeGoHard dudes all sound the same goddamnit.

"For my n***as that love anime, y'all gon' love me after this scheme"
ibjgpQFQOpp9jo.gif

Put out this bullshit instead of Gjonaj/Gutta or some of the better rejected PGs brehs.

URL/The War Report PGs: Young Robbles vs. Presidential Dubz. This is so old, damn, like from the Zay/Syahboy day. This Robbles guy omg I can't help but keep laughing, he got haymakers though and might have even made it debatable. This is the battle of the least threatening, the hand motions and everything lmao. Shout outs to him if he's really mentally slow or whatever.

There's an alleged BO5 card leak on OTBVA and it looks god fucking awful. I only like one, maybe two matches outside of the two headliners.

Top Bottom