• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

OMGGGGGGGGG

I finally figured it out

It was Dan Barz first round against Spee Dolla.

He went off.

"Who really the vet, who really the rook.
At the face off, you said you were more seasoned,
dummy, that just mean you ready to get cooked"

"Shawn Marion, I shoot in an awkward motion"

"That trey long, look like I'm pulling out a sword"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Swave Sevah vs. Ness Lee. This wasn't as bad of a body as people made it out to be, TBH.

Ty Law on AFR. Dude says he'd even take Nuborn on URL. That would be FIRE. Magic ducked out of Rookies vs. Vets but now he's trying to get a one-off on the Rookies vs. Vets PGs. Stop ducking my man :(

Also two Don't Flop events within a week of each other. DF in Philly on March 29th, and another ATL event on April 4th. The Philly card is looking okay:
Rone vs. Daylyt
Tech 9 vs. Shotgun Suge

Also since nobody gave predictions, I got Clips 3-0, Brizz/Verb 2-1 either way, K-Shine 3-0, DNA 2-1, Th3 Saga 3-0, Prep 2-1, Real Deal 2-1. #TeamEveryone

Rookies vs. Vets Trailer AT FUCKING LAST.

T-Top vs. Charlie Clips
Brizz Rawsteen vs. Aye Verb (..Verb Von Doom?)
Mr. Wavy vs. K-Shine
Chess vs. DNA
Th3 Saga vs. Shotgun Suge
Prep vs. John John Da Don
Sno vs. Real Deal

Who y'all got?

Also, as far as trailer music goes, URL > Syndicate Cartel >>>>>
T-Top
Brizz (Vern Von Doom.....WHY)
Mr. Wavy
Chess
John John
Sno (If he's not on some bullshit)

Furyous

Rookies vs. Vets Trailer AT FUCKING LAST.

T-Top vs. Charlie Clips
Brizz Rawsteen vs. Aye Verb (..Verb Von Doom?)
Mr. Wavy vs. K-Shine
Chess vs. DNA
Th3 Saga vs. Shotgun Suge
Prep vs. John John Da Don
Sno vs. Real Deal

Who y'all got?

Also, as far as trailer music goes, URL > Syndicate Cartel >>>>>

Why is Charlie Clips battling anybody? The Vets should battle maybe twice three times a year against seasoned opponents and stop this loyalty shit with URL.

LOL at Verb battling Brizz Rawsteen after that infamous War Report interview.

DNA better not get washed... AGAIN or he dropped two tiers.

Why are people booking Real Deal for battles again?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is Charlie Clips battling anybody? The Vets should battle maybe twice three times a year against seasoned opponents and stop this loyalty shit with URL.

LOL at Verb battling Brizz Rawsteen after that infamous War Report interview.

DNA better not get washed... AGAIN or he dropped two tiers.

Why are people booking Real Deal for battles again?
wat

Not having loyalty is the reason why vets are battling more than 3 times a year.. and Clips is only taking 3-4 battles this year per his contract with EBL.

I'm pretty sure Verb only did that big ass interview because he's one of the people actually riding hard for this event to happen. Verb vs Brizz is going to have the most views the same way Shine vs Surf had the most views for Summer Madness 1, a huge build up.

Verb in a coin flip
Wavy, he actually has style. I don't know who said whatever Shine does won't work on Wavy and I'm starting to agree. I'm expecting a lot of Max B bars and a "aint nothing wavy about you" recycle. It was a hard bar though I'm looking forward to it.
Chess
Suge

Don't care about the rest.

The one thing I hope I don't see from every Vet on the card is the whole, you're not worthy I'm giving you a shot angle. That's going to be a waste of bars.

edit:

fuck norbes!!!

real edit:

Some of this is gonna be a reiteration of the shit I wrote earlier in the chat. Which people should join btw, there's been a lot of cool discussions and great audio clips so far.

Gjonaj vs Gutta was dope, everyone should watch it. I give it 3-0 to Gjonaj clear win, with the 3rd round being debatable.

Gutta was good, and even got a fair bit better as the battle progressed. He still had a lot of played out concepts for me though. I've personally crossed the threshold where "still around/steel around" homonym schemes impress me. Especially considering that they've been in a few popular battles its borderline biting on top of being rote. Too many competent yet unremarkable bars from Gutta and his personality isn't shining through his material the way you'd want it from such a punch heavy rapper. I don't want to sound too Harsh, though. I did enjoy a lot of Gutta's material, but if this battle was two Gutta caliber battle rappers spitting it would be a standard decent PG effort. Maybe a little less obnoxious since Gutta doesn't reach for the stars.

Gjonaj is the one though, this dude has the fucking goods. He's a natural, or at least he makes it look like he is. The immediate appeal of Gjonaj is his aggression. It's one of the rare cases where a higher pitched voice has the right tone to sound sadistic and menacing. He's getting a lot of superficial Dizaster comparisons, but those don't really bare out. There's all manners of praise to be heaped on the basis of technical competency but the best thing about Gjonaj is that he's got style. Style and personality in droves. His punches are creative and often will reinforce his persona (something even a lot of top tiers cant manage). His little jabs at the in vogue style (R-U-G... the hell with that!) and even him having the balls to do such a conceptual 2nd round in his first URL battle. Gjonaj definitely cemented a place with Brizz and T Top as a new must watch rapper.

So yeah, a great battle. My piece on Gutta might seem a bit harsh but he was good. This battle isn't the new JC vs Chilla, but that's fine. It's a great URL debut for Gjonaj. I hope he'll do maybe 1 or 2 more PG matches before getting a name. Dude is ready to cook right now, just needs to make some waves in the scene* first.

culture

mellz

11046306_813210702081287_1520375600532393215_n.jpg

Ness Lee vs. Soul >>>>

KOTD - Rap Battle - Pat Stay vs Charron (Title Match)

Damn I keep going back and forth watching this. I've only seen it the one time for the official release but between the stream and the bootleg It's probably my 4th watch.

Pat clearly got the first imo, wasn't really even close. Charron's over-reliance on back to back punches hindered his performance a bit. The punches were nice, though (if exhaustingly set up at times) and he still managed some incisive shit talking.

I go back and forth between who I give the 2nd. Currently I'm edging it to Charron but I actually rate Pat's angle and the swag portion of his round. I think he milked the swaggin' a bit too much though.

The third is tough. Honestly if Charron had been able to pull off his Hollohan stunt I think it would have been a clear victory. Charron was clearly scrambling to put releavent free's together in the absence of his planned verse. It's really impressive what he managed to pull out. At the same time Pat had some surprisingly good rebuttals and delivered a solid round.

I think I've swayed the win to either side like 3 times now. Still up in the air for me and It's making this battle very re-watchable.

Good thing the BO5 battles are dropping now because outside of a few battles/individual performances BOTB6 was a dud. Props to this plus Gutta vs Gjonaj ending the drought.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some small news if you guys have been listening to recent AFRs:
- Chilla is returning to URL and he said he'd take anyone, he specifically mentioned Nuborn, Lotta Zay and Ty Law, but he said he'll take anyone really, probably not on Rookies vs. Vets though
- Beasley says Danny Myers will be back on URL. Norbes says Gjonaj is locked in for another battle later this year. Danny says he has a battle with Gjonaj in negotations later this year. You know what this means.

11046306_813210702081287_1520375600532393215_n.jpg

Ness Lee vs. Soul >>>>
Kind of curious where the chips will fall on the headliner. Other than that I think I'm only really looking forward to Bonnie vs. Myverse.

KOTD - Rap Battle - Pat Stay vs Charron (Title Match)

I go back and forth between who I give the 2nd. Currently I'm edging it to Charron but I actually rate Pat's angle and the swag portion of his round. I think he milked the swaggin' a bit too much though.
TBH I think Stay's 2nd is really bad. It's all over the place, no flow, direction, punches weren't that great, crowd cheering for some 4/10 shit; worst round in the battle for me. On the flipside, Charron's 3rd is considerably more scatterbrain looking now, but I think i still edge it to Charron because Charron's first wasn't as bad as Pat's 2nd to me, and the 3rd for both was just weird in general.

Furyous

Chilla has to 3-0 Math. There's no reason not to 3-0 him at all. Math can't take the bully angle because Diz exposed him. Why do people say Diz jumped Math when they clearly fought with their people watching as the raucous broke out?

That sounds like a good card as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10384902_10203911115079829_6643691873040654886_n.jpg

Looks.. interesting.

Aye Verb vs. Danja Zone. Verb got fucking MURDERED holy shit
THIS SIDE MATH HOFFA

The Saga vs Prep

The Saga 3-0'd Prep. Prep looking like a punching bag right now. He had some shit but Saga just ran over him.
Is it just me or is this the most gassed battle in a long ass time? I kind of like the informal feel, and both had some good material at times but god damn the majority of it was light and it hard as fuck to watch. Might give the 2nd to Prep but Saga won. This was kind of embarrassing for Prep, especially the third round. Seriously doubting if Prep has any lasting power now, whereas I think if Saga can concentrate his shit he could hang.

That lice bar was the hardest thing Saga spit in the 1st and the room was SILENT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Monstar vs. Tink Da Demon.

Haven't heard a rapper rawer than Tink. This dude is as gruesome as it gets. Not every line he says is hot but when he does say some shit you can't help but bust out the Jaz face. The other guy is mediocre so just skip to Tink's round @ 9:30.

Soon as I blast the shot
It'll fucking open your earth to the point where an astronaut can feel the aftershock

Cut his life short if a hollow gets stuck in him
Put him in that place where only dead n***as fuck with him

Two taps from the Uzi, will really get the mop involved
Fuck a paramedic, I can really get a Doc(k) involved
Not the ones on the floor, the ones in the basement
To put you in a fridge with the rest of the patients

They said there's a message in every song, you just gotta dig first
When that MAC 10 crack command men it ain't a BIG verse

They said a family that prays together stays together, I let the toast flatter him
It turns his holy house into a Ghost Gathering

Those last two especially, fuck

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Hitman Holla vs. Shotty Horroh.

They edited out the actual fight. Clear chokes on footage IMO. First is kind of even, I think Hitman hit a bit harder though. Same deal in the 2nd for me, as Shotty had a nice angle but Hitman hit harder, but I'd give it to Shotty. Might edge the 3rd to Shotty as well for the angle.

It's close, but a weird battle in general. Had the potential to be a classic and it was okay.

My opinion is unchanged. Hitman's choke actually made him look worse here. At the end of the day Shotty outbarred him with decent verses. Eh.

Also, I watched my first Brixx Belvedere battle with Danny Myers yesterday. What are some other good battles of his?

My opinion is unchanged. Hitman's choke actually made him look worse here. At the end of the day Shotty outbarred him with decent verses. Eh.

Also, I watched my first Brixx Belvedere battle with Danny Myers yesterday. What are some other good battles of his?

Brixx vs. Pass is a good performance by both.

Mdeezy

Cant wait for the Rookies vs Vets card to go down. Im betting on all of the Vets to take the W.....except maybe Shotgun Suge

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Rum Nitty vs. Steams.

Holy shit, both of these guys went the FUCK off. Jesus christ. Do not sleep, this is straight fire. Might be Nitty's best showing since Myers.

URL coming out swinging with all this Rookies vs. Vets and NOME 5 promo. Not only that but they dropped 3 incredible, highly replayable battles within two weeks: Gjonaj/Gutta, Steams/Nitty and Prep/Saga
I admit I caught more shit on repeat viewings and think its a good battle but it was still gassed.

So many fucking quotables.

I'll whip your ass, then whip your ass again I'm on repeat
I'll wash you and then dust you up again, I'm OCD

I take the cakes out, and leave Steams vegetable, I'm tryna weight watch

I did DBZ, because I actually am a fan
I watch anime, get chinky eyed, and rap about Japan
But that translates, think of these hands shaking when I'm clapping out the can
But the shit I do(uel) shock you because I be shooting out the hand

Fuck tryna be diplomatic
We don't dip, low 'matics'll tune Nitty

I can make this a family thing
The 8 blazin' could lay kin down (Clay Aiken) and you can catch the flame

Chop Rum then box Rum
Ship 'em off for the 20s like prohibition

Slot machine, the metal get pulled 'till I hit something

Fuck that, I run up on his whip, if he try and Speed
I'll have to buss over 50, I'm Keanu Reeves

I'm sorry, that Keanu Reeves bar is one of the most fire things I've heard since I started watching battle rap. God fucking damn. Can't call the battle, 2-1 either way, only giving Nitty the clear first.

Friday night I battled a dude who just got outta the pen. He had crazy gun bars but he choked at one point and I managed to get a 5-0 win, mostly with jokes and multis

Furyous

Sniper from spitdaheat got EXPOSED on Angry Fans Radio. Allegedly, he tried to pay LottaZay to ghostwrite for him for $100 per battle for three battles. Is Snypa's career over?

What are your thoughts on ghostwriting? IMHO, I have no problems with an artist getting paid to ghostwrite for another rapper. However, the dude that spits the ghostwritten bars is kind of wack for receiving help.

Sniper from spitdaheat got EXPOSED on Angry Fans Radio. Allegedly, he tried to pay LottaZay to ghostwrite for him for $100 per battle for three battles. Is Snypa's career over?

What are your thoughts on ghostwriting? IMHO, I have no problems with an artist getting paid to ghostwrite for another rapper. However, the dude that spits the ghostwritten bars is kind of wack for receiving help.

Who?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
15806_800848493323488_8616681035420614121_n.jpg

Weird matchups. I'm in it for more Kid Twist tho.

URL: Bonnie Godiva vs. Tia.S. This is short so it's worth a watch for Bonnie Godiva's Smack hand line alone.

He had this battle with Ace Jab Bell recently, which is worth a watch. Dude sounded like a complete bitch on AFR, completely hurt and petty.

---

I think the bigger news here is that T-Rex didn't show up for his battle vs. Danny Myers. Rex is on his bullshit and I think he's just done with battle rap and only doing it for the cheques, but SMFH @ Danny once more. Front someone you don't know $12k without even a proper verbal contract brehs

Top Bottom