• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: DNA vs.Chess.
URL PGs: Tali vs. Fuhrer. From the first London PGs.

Smack pls, I don't think we can handle these releases as fast as they are coming. As for recent happenings:

Danny Myers was great vs. Real Talk. Not feeling the performance was as crazy as AngryFan was saying but yeah.

T-Rex vs. Danny and Daylyt vs. Big T on a June card is crazy. Is that the URL West June card or is there another card? I think they should really put that shit on the WC card, Smack needs to give the West his blessing instead of them operating independently. Kind of crazy, those are matches you could save for SM5. I'm still kind of confused where URL stands with Danny, seems like Smack is all letsgoletsgoletsgo and Norbes is trying to crucify Danny for a bigger point (that nobody really cares about).

mileS

Madchild def looked like he was on something that night. Kind of a shame because I bet his performance would have been a lot better if he wasn't. The interview after with him and Daylyt you can tell.

ROFL didn't come across on the PPV but the when Madchild calls that guy a joker and asked what he was laughing at in day's first round, thats most def Marvwon (right after the vampire line)

Love when day goes off like that. Wish it was like that all the time. Also that Daylyt savings time line from Madchild was crazy. Surprised that hasn't been used on him yet (maybe it was but it probably wasn't as good)

Furyous

I actually liked DNAs 3rd a lot more than i thought would off forum and social media impressions. I wonder if the crowd woulda stayed with had he not repeated that first bit like K-Shine suggested.

KOTD - Rap Battle - Madchild vs Daylyt

!!!

Daylyt has great simple shit like that little teapot line. I need a montage of Queenzflip reactions like that knock, knock ____ line.

Math vs Chilla is out but it's on xvideos and I'm damn sure not posting an xvideos, whatever that is, link on GAF.

Daylyt has great simple shit like that little teapot line. I need a montage of Queenzflip reactions like that knock, knock ____ line.

Math vs Chilla is out but it's on xvideos and I'm damn sure not posting an xvideos, whatever that is, link on GAF.

Lmao Guess i'll go search, what an odd place to upload it. I found day vs math....i'm gonna stop looking now, I can wait >_>

Also, I think I got Chess 2-1, despite his sickness.

mileS

A lot of the bootlegs get uploaded to that site. Strange yes but I'd prefer it be posted there rather than the endless virus ridden, millions of download buttons everywhere sites that other people have been posting the bootlegs to for years.

The way they name and tag them is near impossible to search for so you're better off finding the links posted on otbva or somewhere else (from my past experience at least)

A lot of the bootlegs get uploaded to that site. Strange yes but I'd prefer it be posted there rather than the endless virus ridden, millions of download buttons everywhere sites that other people have been posting the bootlegs to for years.

The way they name and tag them is near impossible to search for so you're better off finding the links posted on otbva or somewhere else (from my past experience at least)

I didn't even think of that for some reason, thanks!

Carter Deems VS Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1159&v=_KupZTxt-yk

The dude is just entertaining as hell to me lol

Yeah that Math-Chilla battle is great. Math impressed the hell outta me!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sydicate Cartel: D.O.T. vs. Dubby Dub. DOT was fire. This is his year. WHAT THAT MEAN

After repeat viewings I'm gonna have to give the Vets 2-0 right now.

Shotgun just did better in the 2nd, I don't even think it's close with all the dry stuff Saga was spitting with the same delivery, that might just be Suge's best round in his career. Completely overpowered Saga. Chess/DNA is harder to call, depends on what you like in the 3rd, first clearly to DNA. DNA was more organized and had some unique schemes/angles in the 2nd, but even though Chess had a lot of dry spots, he wasn't hitting as hard as Chess. I'd give it to DNA, he just did more material-wise.

Furyous

D.O.T. and Gwitty the number 1 and 2 most entertaining people in battle rap

DOT has some of the best alibs in battle rap. GOT EM! is top tier adlb by itself.

Is Daylyt right about URL? As fans we need to step up and tell the world IT DOES COUNT if it's not on URL. The "but he cooked on URL" is the biggest plea ever. I'd love to see what RBE does when Daylyt pulls an antic on them. ARP don't seem like the type to allow fuckery.

The URL crowd cannot appreciate Daylyt's bars and he better 3-0 Big T's attention seeking ass. Why does battle rap media avoid shaming URL over stealing the Danny Myers battle? Danny Myers set it up so he should control where the battle takes place. Jon Dough said in a syndicate cartel interview T-Rex wanted another 2K to do the battle in February and Jon told Rex to fuck off. T-Rex probably received another $2,000 from URL, imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't believe I forgot to post this: Spit That Heat: Fliiko L vs. Xcel. Definitely a battle of the year contender. Fliiko got that bit of storyteller in him. I know aggressive street shit is coming back full force but I have a softspot for people who can talk and structure stuff cleanly.

Come-Up Grounds: Jae Dot Jae vs. Complex. Jae Dot Jae is the future. Move over Daylyt and Hitman.

Aye Verb vs Brizz Rawsteen

I thought this battle was actually kind of boring compared to the other 2 that dropped. I felt Verb waited way to long to heat up in the first two rounds then went in with the showtime in the 3rd. Not all of Brizz bars were really hiting. I I guess maybe 2-1 Brizz but the battle just seems light to me.

Your style is tolerable in the building

But goddamn, your terrible to watch on camera. Turned it off after 2 minutes. You need more gun so big bars. You also shoulda swung on the dude who was interrupting. If I was there, I would had stole him, and even if I can't steel on him, I keep the steel on me at all times. Got your back

Prolly beat that dude 3-0, cuz he was trashh

No offence whoomp lol.

Your style is tolerable in the building

But goddamn, your terrible to watch on camera. Turned it off after 2 minutes. You need more gun so big bars. You also shoulda swung on the dude who was interrupting. If I was there, I would had stole him, and even if I can't steel on him, I keep the steel on me at all times. Got your back

Prolly beat that dude 3-0, cuz he was trashh

No offence whoomp lol.

Criticism is fine, but I have to admit everything you've said is kinda confusing. First you say you turned it off after two minutes...if that's be case how do you know I didn't have more 'guns so big' bars? And seeing as I went first, how would you know my opponent is 'trash', if you turned it off after two minutes you wouldn't have even seen his first verse

Lol it's a joke.

You roasted him. I think it was a lot better than the first battle, the crowd was expecting your style and rocked with it

When's your KOTD debut?

Lol it's a joke.

You roasted him. I think it was a lot better than the first battle, the crowd was expecting your style and rocked with it

When's your KOTD debut?

Oh that makes more sense then! My first KOTD was supposed to be in May, but it's been postponed to July or August. Doing another Smoked Out in June. There's actually a Smoked Out show on Saturday- I'm not battling this time but I'm gonna check it out

Humza3

Neo Member
I watched your battle whoomp it was a clear 3-0. I liked the angle in your 3rd about going overseas it was pretty nice but I thought your 1st round was a little weak although it was more than enough to out do the competition. The guy was in prison for 3 years and couldn't remember 3 full rounds damn how much preparation time did he need lol

Furyous

There were two events this weekend and the main takeaway is the Diz fight... SMH.

That fight overshadowed the entire back to basics event. I'm hearing great things about the Rone The Saurus battle.

AR-16 no showed at the RBE event. Daylyt 2-1'd Oops. Early returns suggest Oops third round was dedicated to a third party other than Day. Please don't spoil Oops' third round if you find it or spoiler tag it.

Both Diz and Billy lost. Diz stays sneaking dudes. How you go for a takedown and get the two piece no biscuit? Security should've kicked Billy out as soon as he got there. Dude was disrespectful to J Pro and family and almost caught the fade in an alley according to battle rap media at the event.

I blame Daylyt for Billy's behavior. Day trolling his way to stardom opened a lane for everyone else. Now people are doing wrestling moves and running up on people for battles.

Billy allegedly ran up on Calicoe and other battle rap vets looking to battle. When is he going to realize this is not the proper way to conduct business? You go through the proper channels and EARN the right to battle vets. Now Billy wants to battle on the east coast because none of the vets will battle him and Avocado blackballed him from "reputable" events after this weekend's fuckery.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Syndicate Cartel: Danja Zone vs. Lotta Zay. I hope this doesn't prevent Zay vs. Chilla from happening because Zay just took one of the biggest Ls in recent memory :( Good shit to Danja Zone, he's definitely doing a good job at repairing his reputation.

URL PG: Stuey Newton vs. Logic. This was sooooo much better than Profecy vs.Shi Dog. Both these dudes had some creative stuff. Maybe there is hope for the West Coast.

RE: Rookies vs. Vets

I think I agree with Chris Unbias where I think all the battles thus far are pretty underwhelming and don't live up to the hype of the card. It's more interesting than entertaining, I guess? K-Shine vs. Mr. Wavy is by far the best battle thus far, but if it's the best from the night, then IDK. I feel like every Rookie's previous battle was better and the vets were not at their best except Suge. I think both of their 3rds sucked but the 1st and 2nds are closer than people made them out to be. Wavy just had the more memorable material, I feel, but it's debatable.

Syndicate Cartel: Danja Zone vs. Lotta Zay. I hope this doesn't prevent Zay vs. Chilla from happening because Zay just took one of the biggest Ls in recent memory :( Good shit to Danja Zone, he's definitely doing a good job at repairing his reputation.

URL PG: Stuey Newton vs. Logic. This was sooooo much better than Profecy vs.Shi Dog. Both these dudes had some creative stuff. Maybe there is hope for the West Coast.

RE: Rookies vs. Vets

I think I agree with Chris Unbias where I think all the battles thus far are pretty underwhelming and don't live up to the hype of the card. It's more interesting than entertaining, I guess? K-Shine vs. Mr. Wavy is by far the best battle thus far, but if it's the best from the night, then IDK. I feel like every Rookie's previous battle was better and the vets were not at their best except Suge. I think both of their 3rds sucked but the 1st and 2nds are closer than people made them out to be. Wavy just had the more memorable material, I feel, but it's debatable.
That PG battle was crazy. Both those dudes are cold! I don't know whats been up with Lotta lately (that battle with Nitty was meh as fuck) but he got BODIED LMAO!!! I had no idea Danja was that crazy! I've just been replaying his rounds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Danny Myers confirms battle vs. T-Rex on June card in NYC.

Also Verb put out his next few battles on twitter:
VERB VONDOOM @AYEVERB · 16h 16 hours ago
Vs k shine may 9th
Vs real deal. June
Vs miles (rematch) June
Verb/hitman vs Dna/shine. June
1 round vs grizz guru in July
N movie filming

I wonder if one of these is on the same June card?

This battle is crazy never heard of B Dot before but he killed it. It's definitely a must watch.
Fiji Osa Vs B Dot
B Dot is legit. He's got a little Serius in him with that confidence, and is scratching my storyteller itch that I have right now. Fiji got killed, but he also didn't grab the crowd fast enough for them to react to his nice bars.

My computer's been fucking up so I havent posted as much lately. I expected Brizz vs Verb to be nicer. It don't gatta be that wide for a flashdrive :/ It wasn't a bad battle by any stretch, but Brizz came with way more dry spots than I expected.

Still haven't seen the K-Shine vs Mr Wavy battle all the way through but it I like it a lot better than Brizz/Verb so far. Also that Danja zone performance was fucking mean. Zay's not gonna hear the end of that shit for a minute. He'd better rise from the ashes quick, cause a loss like that can stick with you.

Shuffle T vs Kid Twist dropped and that was even a bit nicer than I remembered. Forgot that Twist had a lot of dope frees and it was a fun battle to have some drinks and watch with a friend. KOTD needs to drop that new Illmac and some of those B2B joints though. Shit sounds like it was fire.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tsu Surf vs. Tay Roc In Studio Series.

This is so weird. TBH I never thought Surf would ever take Roc. If Surf slips up, Roc is going to shatter him to pieces but I got Surf clearly taking this, especially coming off both their last performances. They both need to win this though, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being better than Clips vs. Hollow.

Wonder what the rest of the battles are on the card.. and why they're taking their sweet time announcing them. The event is like two weeks away.

EDIT : They better not fucking vault Real Deal vs. Sno

Hollow's the rebuttal king. I don't see how giving anyone material won't help himself in a battle honestly. Plus that shit was funny as hell.I guarantee if Clips was approached with that job he'd be all over it. Who's done anything similar besides Con and Hitman on Wildin' Out?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Chris Unbias hinting that B Magic has Ty Law for NOME...

Should I just give up at this point? =[ Haven't seen someone get ducked like Ty Law has in a minute, pretty much the worst since Nuborn. People don't want it, they know he will bar someone's life away. He's still my favourite rookie and dude has been sitting on bars for like a year to two years now.

beasley pls

URL: Sno vs. Real Deal

Real Deal had the best Rookies vs. Vets performance by FAR.

I rode for Sno early on but.. it's time to hang it up bro. Two clear, widely publicized Ls with so much filler.

Thats why I was backing Sno before, I thought he was solid and had potential early on. But he's clearly done now. RD was pretty hype, Sno got bodied.

Also I know Big T and Daylyt are happening, but I thought Ty Law and Big T were too?

Sno can get those long winded ramble raps the fuck outta heerreee!!!

Seriously, was he even rhyming for half this battle? The crowd was clearly ready to rock with him too, he was just that wack.

Good win for RD hopefully URL is taking notice to him lighting up the room every single performance and start giving him more than 1 battle every half millennium.

Has a white person ever flopped on URL? I mean Soul Khan showed up in a white tux and people were chanting his name like he was the greatest of all time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thats why I was backing Sno before, I thought he was solid and had potential early on. But he's clearly done now. RD was pretty hype, Sno got bodied.

Also I know Big T and Daylyt are happening, but I thought Ty Law and Big T were too?
Ty Law has had pretty much every big name talk shit to him and none of these guys are taking the battle. Cortez, Surf, Verb, Magic, Big T, etc. I think Big T was in the works for June but who knows now, especially after hearing that Ty spit some wack shit at Rookies vs. Vets towards Big T. TBH I think most of those would made for some crummy battles. Ty Law is good at holding his own vs. different styles but I have little faith these other guys will have much to say. Magic makes the best match up not because of similar styles, but consistency.

I just hope Ty Law doesn't try to switch his shit up like these other Rookies and does worse than his previous performances.

Has a white person ever flopped on URL? I mean Soul Khan showed up in a white tux and people were chanting his name like he was the greatest of all time.
Soul Khan vs. Deacon Frost is probably my favourite Soul Khan performance. Hollow Da Don in the back shaking his head at how crazy he's going.

This guy plays like his driveway is where the Maybach is
Bitch you're too broke to afford a Maytag fridge

I take your girl to the movies, she can barely keep her clothes on
You take your girl to the movies and shes like psh, I've already seen this with Soul Khan

White people just show up most of the time, and then the guys that are shook pull the racial bias card to avoid getting bodied. As for white people flopping, I can only think of Prophit when he said the n-word in a battle vs. Millenium Ls and was promptly never seen again.

Clips and Top this weekend "IMMEDIATELY" after the mayweather fight. *shrugs* I'm just glad its happening so soon. So they're releasing Prep and JJ last eh, don't care about that too much anyways.

Top Bottom