• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
B MAGIC VS TY LAW GOING DOWN ON NOME 5 WEEKEND

iVwyJG1CTzEjy.GIF
iVwyJG1CTzEjy.GIF
iVwyJG1CTzEjy.GIF

^ Yeah, i'm hyped! I watched that E-ness VS. BC battle last night, that was the first Bill Collector battle i've ever watched, despite hearing him referenced all the time by other rappers. Should I watch more or no lol?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
^ Yeah, i'm hyped! I watched that E-ness VS. BC battle last night, that was the first Bill Collector battle i've ever watched, despite hearing him referenced all the time by other rappers. Should I watch more or no lol?
Bill Collector gets a lot of shit for being a funny/goofy rapper (like Tech 9 does) but he's super entertaining.

QP vs. Bill Collector is a great all around battle, I would start here.

John John Da Don vs. Bill Collector is good to watch for context cause a lot of stuff is referenced in and from here.

His first round vs. M Ciddy is like Bill Collector's essence in a bottle.

EDIT: Ness went in. He put on for philly and even GT in a big way IMO. Very impressed.

Furyous

Ness lost the battle solely off reusing the same scheme for most of the rounds. He lost the first round solely off that super saiyan line. Sorry I can't listen to this same scheme for three rounds. I got through three rounds and realize why he's in this tier. Bill has a more Serius Jones style but Ness brought half his hood with him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ness lost the battle solely off reusing the same scheme for most of the rounds. He lost the first round solely off that super saiyan line. Sorry I can't listen to this same scheme for three rounds. I got through three rounds and realize why he's in this tier. Bill has a more Serius Jones style but Ness brought half his hood with him.
The Super Saiyan thing is a flip of Bill Collector's shit.

Bill Collector gets a lot of shit for being a funny/goofy rapper (like Tech 9 does) but he's super entertaining.

QP vs. Bill Collector is a great all around battle, I would start here.

John John Da Don vs. Bill Collector is good to watch for context cause a lot of stuff is referenced in and from here.

His first round vs. M Ciddy is like Bill Collector's essence in a bottle.

EDIT: Ness went in. He put on for philly and even GT in a big way IMO. Very impressed.
That battle with QP is hype.

Rone VS. Big T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBfPCI5k2II

I guess illmac VS. DNA is next week. I really wanted to see that instead of the last few battles KOTD has dropped.

Jesus christ, that Illmac body is fierce. DNA got washed badly. Illmac had the flow, the punches, the stage presence, the schemes, the angles. That fucking DNA impression with the finger motions XD. Illmac's freestyle about DNA spelling his name using the hat was insane. Might be in the top 10 rebuttals of all time. Slightly undercut by the fact that the freestyles proceeding it were average, but still Illmac>>>

DNA said "I never forget to choke..."

GET EM THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NOME 5 predictions?

Hollow 2-1
This is seeming like Lux vs. Hollow all over again. People trying really, really hard to count out Hollow while a mountain of shitty and not well rounded performances mount up for Clips. Even Clips wasn't the best vs. Rex, but it gets gassed because Rex was that terrible.

K-Shine 2-1
TBH this battle is probably gonna be terrible but I'm feeling K-Shine's hunger more than Verbs. I don't think Verb respects Shine enough to give us a good performance, if he's even capable of that anymore.

Tsu Surf 2-1
Roc will have a quotable to save him a round, and he can possibly take this whole battle but Surf can't lose this. And I think Surf is much better as an MC.

DNA 3-0
Who cares. Modern Serius Jones at his best is arguably worse than mediocre. DNA has wanted this for a while and his history at NOME is nothing to fuck with. He brings down the building.

Jaz 3-0
You can't bet against Jaz. Even O'fficial has been kind of sloppy recently. She got hot after that C3 battle but C3 seems to be doing much better for herself since.

Ty Law 3-0
Easily battle of the weekend for me. B Magic don't want it.
THE PLACE YOU REP, THEY DON'T KNOW THAT N***A
HOLLOW VERSE THE ONLY TIME THEYRE SAYING "SNO DAT N***A"

Hollow v Clips

Not a Clips fan. Don't like his style or flow. Hollow mixes it up. Some of Clips freestyles land but I honestly don't ever remember a Hollow freestyle missing. I'm going Hollow.

Shinev Verb

I actually think Shine is a better rapper and unless Verb comes with 3 showtimes then whichever rounds he doesn't do it he's going to lose. If there's only one showtime then he's cooked.

Surf v Roc

I love Tay Roc because he's simple, straight to the point, gun bar king. Didn't like the DNA battle from him. I think people usually just do what they do and try to win but I think Surf is going to try to change it up to try to stifle Roc. Both of these guys in my top 5 favourite to watch so I don't know. Toss up.

DNA v Serius

Who cares

Jaz v Official

Who cares. Don't know who Official is. Not a fan of Jaz.

B-Magic vs Ty Law

Never seen a Ty Law battle before. So I'm not going to be ignorant and pick a winner. I'm just going to prepare for the name flip festival.

mileS

Math vs. Chilla is a classic. Don't Flop USA is killing it lately. Great crowds for the events as well. Loving the diversity in the 3 leagues now.

Internet is out for the weekend. I'm gonna miss NOME 5. Live anyways. :(

Anyways i'm backing Hollow, Tay Roc, and Ty Law (Magic my dude though).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Syndicate Cartel: Born vs. Xcel

fffffffuuuuuuu-
Born went the fuck in. Xcel went the fuck in too. This might be up there with Nitty/Steams as my battle of the year thus far tbh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This round is long as fuck.

Ima pre-emptively give this round to Official, but Jaz was great too.

EDIT: EVILORE WHERE YOU AT

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I see you Jaz, I see you
BUT OFFICIAL OUT THE GATE GODDAMN

Did Jaz fuck up by bending over and taking this on the big stage?

This battle is gonna be dope as fuck on cam. I'm still not a fan of PPVs, battles lose momentum and views so fast, but this is by far the best battle rap PPV thus far. Twizz camera angles whew.

Yo I need someone to elaborate on this Beasley choking people out reference that keeps popping up in battles..

EDIT: "bitch I'll slap your head small" lmfaooo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jaz recovered pretty well but shes not gonna live that stumble down.

I think Jaz was more consistent throughout, Official kind of bombing this 3rd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This LOM commercial lmao is that Drect doing the voiceover?

ahahahahah

EDIT: Any info on Summer Madness 5 revealed on stage thus far?

mileS

Missed the 3rd round there but goddamn Official was fire in the first and most of the second.

Looking forward to these last two battles.

Top Bottom