• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

I wish people would stop talking about Drake battling. Not going to happen. Why even get your hopes up? Drake needs to dead that before it gets to the point where it looks bad if he "backs out" even though nothing was official. The more people talk about it the more real it gets and the more he'll look like the bitch if he doesn't want to.

I wish people would stop talking about Drake battling. Not going to happen. Why even get your hopes up? Drake needs to dead that before it gets to the point where it looks bad if he "backs out" even though nothing was official. The more people talk about it the more real it gets and the more he'll look like the bitch if he doesn't want to.

It would be jokes if it actually went down but he honestly has absolutely no reason to battle anybody. They'd kill to be in Drake's shoes right now.

Roc left earth. Roc the 2nd round king. Ill Will, JC, Clips and now Surf.

Roc's pen has levelled up too.

"Think Chinese, when I'm aiming at Tsu, he sauce"

iPleyDJSztJZ2.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Think Chinese, when I'm aiming at Tsu, he sauce"

iPleyDJSztJZ2.png
in my defence I typed that earlier

In my eyes he's even for Surf's Sun Tzu bar in the first

EDIT: DAMN THAT BEEP BEEP BEEP BAR
EDIT2: Edge the 2nd to Roc but Surf had his strongest shit in that round. Right now Roc up 2-0.

Furyous

DNA talked all that shit and got 2-1'd? LLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLL

You can't talk this much shit and get beaten that badly. People are saying Serius' third was up to par with Daylyt's third round against Verb.

Charlie allegedly got 3-0'd. This is really the dude some of y'all claim is the GOAT. I'd much rather watch Day vs Lux than Clips at this point. Give me Day vs Hollow and get these washed up on their last legs URL dudes the fuck outta here.

Caught some battles on youtube. Poor Jaz. O'fficial first was forever long. Jaz kinda got slept on and then she stumbled and Don Demarco played the sound effect. Not really fair.

Hollow won thankfully. Surf and Roc was a good battle. Edged it Surf. Not sure if I even want to watch DNA and Jones. No Shine and Verb yet though.

Edit: Lol Shine 3-0'd Verb with 2 and a half rounds

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QUIETROOM: Daylyt vs. Ah Di Boom vs. Chef Trez. This was kind of underwhelming outside of Day's 2nd TBH.

Predictions for this weekend's Boston Massacre card? So many great matches on this card. KOTD should outsource their cards more often.

Arsonal vs. Shotty Horroh II
Pat Stay vs. Calicoe
Conceited vs. Chilla Jones
Charlie Clips vs. Pass
Bigg K vs. Ill Will
Rone vs. Goodz (One Rounder)
DNA vs. Dirtbag Dan
DNA vs. 40 B.A.R.R.S.
Danny Myers vs. Xcel
E. Farrell vs. Sicarii

Shotty Horroh 2-1 - Unless we see that Ars that battled QP I can't give him two full rounds.
Calicoe 2-1 - I don't think Pat Stay will have much to say to Calicoe and Calicoe is just gonna bark at him.
Chilla Jones 2-1 - I have a habit of betting against Conceited but it can go 2-1 the other way. I just know Chilla will not fuck around.
Charlie Clips 3-0 - Pass is a black hole of charisma and Charlie Clips can freestyle 3 rounds and will probably be more entertaining.
Ill Will 2-1 - Bigg K will catch fire one round but Ill Will is more consistent and actually brings full rounds and can freestyle way better.
Goodz 1-0 - This is gonna be fantastic to watch, and Rone is one of the few people that can actually beat Goodz.
DNA 3-0 Body - Dirtbag Dan is beyond terrible.
DNA 2-1 - Can go either way, but I don't think 40 holds up well outside of QOTR.
Xcel 2-1 - Xcel's material is just better than Danny's, but this can go either way. Battle of the night contender, alongside Ill Will/Bigg K.
E. Farrell 2-1 - Only seen one battle from both but I liked E. Farrell better.

Furyous

This battle rap shit has gone too far when DNA battles two people on the same card back to back. DNA's spreading himself out too thin. At least give three months between battles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This battle rap shit has gone too far when DNA battles two people on the same card back to back. DNA's spreading himself out too thin. At least give three months between battles.
To be fair, it's just Dirtbag Dan (and that's like 1:30 rounds) and 40 BARRS.

It's not like pulling a dumbass move and taking people like Conceited and Hollow Da Don in their primes back to back
ibxGlU7TlT8UXN.png

DNA is on his cash grab shit now. And he's probably getting bars from Rain, Big T and Shine now on top of that so he might as well battle whenever a person wants to book him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caught the battles I missed.

K-Shine 3-0 Body. Man, these performances is why I keep hope for some of these shaky top tier guys. K-Shine was SCORCHING. This is what the big stage is made for. Shout outs to Smack for diffusing that situation right.
the desi' African American, I can't get it work for nothing
but the .40 Mexican, I can get it to work for nothing

DNA/Serius 2-1 either way. DNA showed up for NOME, pretty much the one consistent thing in his career. Serius was cringeworthily corny in the first, but he had some nice stuff that went over the crowd's head. Both had really good freestyles and material in the 2nd, but Serius was just more consistent and impressive. 3rd is debatable, I might edge it to DNA based on delivery but Serius had the higher highs. Super close battle.

NOME 5 was a good event. Two okay battles and 3 great battles/potential classics
maybe 4 with Ty Law vs. B Magic

EDIT: Even Michael Hughes thinking Clips won 3-0? All of his critiques make no sense too. For real, I have no idea how anyone can see that mediocre Clips performance as 3-0ing Hollow deconstructing Clips so effectivelty, it was like poetry. Shake my fucking head. He even gave K-Shine vs. Verb to Verb.

EDIT2: Lux and Verb arguing after NOME 5 PGs. Would rather see this than Clips vs. Lux but it's gonna be a shadow of what it would have been right after Calicoe. Lux was talking that shit though, I can't disagree with him really.

EDIT3: Charlie Clips & Hollow Da Don recap their battle. Hilarious.

EDIT: Even Michael Hughes thinking Clips won 3-0? All of his critiques make no sense too. For real, I have no idea how anyone can see that mediocre Clips performance as 3-0ing Hollow deconstructing Clips so effectivelty, it was like poetry. Shake my fucking head. He even gave K-Shine vs. Verb to Verb.

Clips just a candy rapper with 4 bars...

There's a few lost souls you'll find still trying to stan it out. Everyone with a shred of sanity has Hollow winning though. It's clear as day. All the current polls reflect that too. That official URL poll is about to hurt for Clips.

That Shine performance was crazy too. The line about his man not calling to say he got home safe... GOD DAAYUM!!!

RONE VS DAYLYT | Don't Flop Rap Battle

Also, time to chow down in this fuckery.

Im only half way in to Rone's 1st but... Don't Flop shouldnt have put this shit out. Other leagues need to start using the Vault. This shit is awkward as fuck idk if I'll finish.

Rone is cooking tho

edit:

Got through it and eventually the awkward vibe subsided. Props to Rone for making it through that. Day would have gotten that work, honestly.

Furyous

Speaking of Day, is he battling Big T or not? He's on twitter claiming the battle is off over URL not respecting his talent monetarily. Allegedly, his bars for Big T will be released next week via Rapgrid.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Speaking of Day, is he battling Big T or not? He's on twitter claiming the battle is off over URL not respecting his talent monetarily. Allegedly, his bars for Big T will be released next week via Rapgrid.
So the first time Daylyt was offered to come on URL he took the match up with Lotta Zay for less money at iBattle to show them it's not about the money, and this time he's not taking Big T at a smaller event because it's not enough?

TBH I think the June card prob won't happen, and they should be focusing on the quiet-as-kept URL June Card for the West Coast anyways, which needs a big event with Smack out and everything.

Furyous

So the first time Daylyt was offered to come on URL he took the match up with Lotta Zay for less money at iBattle to show them it's not about the money, and this time he's not taking Big T at a smaller event because it's not enough?

TBH I think the June card prob won't happen, and they should be focusing on the quiet-as-kept URL June Card for the West Coast anyways, which needs a big event with Smack out and everything.

Danny Myers should battle Rex at the URL west card. It's only fair that Rex battle on the west coast since he's made Danny wait.

Top Bottom