• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

URL West's first major event on August 1st, with Daylyt vs. Big T as the first match up.

It's finally happening.

That's pretty good for 2 days and still better than pretty much every other battle besides Surf vs. Hitman.

It's not bad for most battles. But this is Hollow vs Clips. There were Rookies vs Vets battles that got faster views than this.

This is the battle for the GOAT between two super top tiers on URL. Comparing how quickly the bootleg reached half a mil vs this I think it's safe to say there's a significant impact.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RBE: Daylyt vs. Ooops.

Wow @ Daylyt's third, lives up to the hype and is def some powerful stuff. Two lines that are contenders for line of the year TBH:

Pops at my front door every day, it was never dad

You said it your last verse, if a n***a kill your brother, you pull out the glock and you're ridin'
But let a cop kill your brother, the first thing you do is run to the street and scream stop the violence

Goddamn. Also 3-0 or 2-1 Daylyt, third is debatable.

Man, those thirds... After Day's 3rd I was wondering if Oops' round would live up to the hype. Man, that shit had me emotional I'm not gonna lie. Fuck that dude in the crowd who laughed after Oops voice cracked a bit.

I give Day the battle of the strength of the first two rounds. Oops had a nice ass 2nd though and a Dope 3rd so this will be a great battle for him. As far as expanding his fan base. I'm not even gonna bother calling the 3rd.

One thing Oops definetely needs to nail down a bit better is structure, though. He spends too much time establishing the theme of his round at the top of each one. It ends up feeling like he should start going hard immediately after, as if he's doing it for contrast. But then he'll go straight into more set-up.

It was especially bad in the 1st but even his 3rd could have some fat trimmed if I'm being critical. Overall a dope battle. So far Blood Sweat & Tiers 2 > Rookies vs Vets tbh.

MARTIN LUTHER KING WAS A BUSTER

Furyous

CHAdzPKUcAABNYC.jpg:large

XXXXXXL T can kindly shut the entire fuck up... him and all the "if it ain't URL it don't count" dudes can take their tears elsewhere.

We talked about Charlie Clips roasting Lush One yet?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Tsu Surf vs. Tay Roc. THE BATTLE OF THE ELEMENTS

I still can't call it. 2-1 either way. Some shit was definitely said in this battle.

EDIT: B Magic vs Ty Law drops today. Bout to be the best battle of ever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hoooooooly fuck this battle is one for the ages

yo-she with me like Mario, tell them n***as from the Lou-we-G

hollow point to the arm like when that philly n***a spit the PC flow

all them gun punches, he finished dude with the arm bar?

bullets like a coon n***a how they setting it back

its like a ducked jones, I can't take this n***a Serius

the protection be all on me, I'll let TL-see

she turn off the light to spoon n***as like a heroin hit

strap go bllllp like your fingers in a fan blade

if that was me I would have hit Diz with a clip
just start banging that .38 like his old ass did with the crips

like gwitty before the battle, I got my man Dot on the ooos n***a

I'll kill a clown, he's gonna see these Tech 9's greatest hits

got two of these bitches in the club for Ty Dollars

you better break when it clap like a football huddle

fuck everyone in your family like Kevin Gates
this blazer made for Ty, bitch, it's tailor made

Pop B right through the glass like your father on a jail visit

you couldn't defend these pops with Charlie's rounds

get pressed at the top of the roof, I pushed him off then shoot once
wave caps that'll make him hit harder like a Mook punch

im bar heavy, I punch right like a south paw
I'm going to land lines like a house call
this ain't for your type
I got two extra arms on me I'm the goro right

cocked the arm on my side like a rock skipper

got in the door with the pen I'm a lock picker

you'll get 'em all, Ty (multi) if I spit a million here (millionaire)

on the cam breaking law, that's a baltimore riot

plus bonus points for making a "yung ill is a crackhead" bar makes this battle a 11/10

I think Ty clearly has the first two with Magic clearly getting the 3rd.

Pat Stay VS. Calicoe-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BSgTu7PtxA

So what do you guys think? I'm about to check out that Magic/Law battle now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pat Stay VS. Calicoe-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BSgTu7PtxA

So what do you guys think? I'm about to check out that Magic/Law battle now.
Calicoe was being really extra, and I really don't respect that. Talking through his shit and moving Stay's hands and shit, then freezes up when Stay mentions his stirling silver chain. Threw Stay off his game. Another classic like Hitman/Shotty fucked up because of extra shit.

2-1 Pat or 3-0 Pat because Calicoe was being extra all through Pat's 2nd. Calicoe had his moments but there was so much shit in his material that just didn't hit.

Competing in a 2 rounder tomorrow against a good homie of mine.

It's gonna be fun- this league's events always pack like 200 audience members into the venue.

I feel like I've got my verses on lock- wish me luck!

Whoomp

Where is it taking place?

I'll come down

Fox Cabaret, on Main and 7th in Vancouver. This is the Rap Battlez Wezt Coazt show- it's all comedians battling each other in character- wearing costumes and shit. Accapella, and the shit's always a blast. Be there at like 7:30 if you wanna come- cover is $ 10 and it always sells the fuck out every month. Literally they have to turn like 50 people away at the door every time

Damn this is a very definitive win for Pat on the 1st youtube watch. PPV stream I watched was a struggle so I guess I wasn't paying as much attention. Pat clearly got 1 & 3. 2 was pretty bad for both so thats a toss up.

Pat was on AFM a while ago saying he didnt take enough time to memorize his shit. That this was a wake up call and all that. Hope he goes even harder. This battle actually had some of my favorite material from him in a while.

Next dude Pat battles is definitely gonna have a "Cal punked you" angle. I'm calling ahead of time it probably falls flat.

Chef Trez vs B Magic [SpitDatHeat]

KOTD - Rap Battle - Head I.C.E. vs KG The Poet

No Coast North Rap Battle: Carter Deems vs Breakneck

Time to watch these joints.

edit:
ILL WILL VS SHOWOFF FULL BATTLE - RBE

mileS

KOTD cancelled Carter Deems vs. Head ICE and replaced it with Dizaster vs. Chilla Jones.

fuck KOTD
Lol. I highly doubt they cancelled it for no reason. One of the two dudes probably can't make it. Carter has a real job and fuck knows what ice is up too.
*edit* holy shit. Hope Carter recovers quickly and it was nothing serious. Sending him a get well soon cat card now.*
Regardless it sucks. Was really really looking forward to it. At least I have dizaster getting murdered to get excited about.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Jaz The Rapper vs. O'fficial. Probably the best female vs. female battle ever TBH.

DNA & Shine need to fall back on the costume concept rounds. Their enthusiasm kinda sells it but it's still incredibly corny.
Poison Pen mentioned Don't Flop USA is kind of filling the void Grind Time left so I think at the very least the corn has a home. Battle was entertaining, especially that fail in the 2nd. DNA/K-Shine 3-0.

Diz vs Chilla kinda sucked for both of them... KOTD should vault this battle idk. I mean... maybe I'll change my mind after watching it again. It was just so... bad. I guess there were a couple cool parts? It's almost like Diz only half remembers how to rap. It was like one week prep or something, right? Maybe thats why it sucked so much...? This shit was just... idk man. Not how I expected Diz to come back to KOTD. He was actually good vs Math. Chilla was fucking boring as hell and I don't usually side with that stigma. But Christ! He tried to do "Dizaster style" multis or whatever that shit was. Fucking awful. I just... man Deems vs ICE would have been so much better.

Top Bottom