• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

m3k

I watched hollow n clips, hollow won... Although clips' rounds got better as it went on

Serius and Dna was aight, serius' second had smack losing his shit... Dna is always good but serius got the crowd hype

I'll watch tsu and Tay roc but is there anything else worth watching?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: John John Da Don vs. Prep. Final Rookies vs. Vets scores?

Big T salty that Rone made the front page of Reddit and on WSHH for making fun of him. For real that round had a lot of stuff you've heard spit at Big T a thousand times though.

can anyone explain to me what Hollow meant about Clips going "guess what room i'm in"
Watch Clips' first round vs. Serius Jones. He did this whole Guess Which Room I'm In thing which people bring up vs. Clips a lot (B Magic, Tay Roc, JC).

I watched hollow n clips, hollow won... Although clips' rounds got better as it went on

Serius and Dna was aight, serius' second had smack losing his shit... Dna is always good but serius got the crowd hype

I'll watch tsu and Tay roc but is there anything else worth watching?
K-Shine had a top 3 performance of his entire career. Shit was infectious. Also Jaz/Official was one of the better battles that night, debatable the best.

m3k

K-Shine had a top 3 performance of his entire career. Shit was infectious. Also Jaz/Official was one of the better battles that night, debatable the best.

Thanks man ill go watch them

I rewatched serius that's debateable, hollows not

But yo, when I've rewatched them and the camera pans to the crowd there's this one dude who looks like he's on pills... Kinda in the front to the left with a white shirt, dudes on x is my guess, he's tripping out on these guys words

AngryFan and Head ICE argue over the Carter Deems battle on twitter:
5IZGv2t.jpg

Rl3xmTx.jpg

cQJvVp7.jpg
It seems CAPS' feeble mind cant comprehend the genius of this battle.

KidJr

I cant wait to see this b-magic vs ty law battle, goodness knows how long we will have to wait for that drop. B-magic still prob my all time fav

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This reminded me of this classic blog from Math and Cortez in 2010.

NYB - TOP 10 WORST BATTLE BARS OF 2010
This is hilarious.

Can someone explain to me why so many battlers consider Heartless the GOAT puncher? I swear he has the most "split like a banana" and pause-worthy shit each battle I've seen from him, and perhaps an even spottier record.

I cant wait to see this b-magic vs ty law battle, goodness knows how long we will have to wait for that drop. B-magic still prob my all time fav
My man knows what's up. Silence is deafening right now on what they're gonna do with the NOME 5 battles.

Damn that battle is cold. I gatta watch this one a few times rn before I can call a clear winner.

Chilla incorporating angles and jokes into his style way better here than vs Real Deal. That fucking marvel and dc bar though...

Math continues to be the versatile mc and natural performer he is. Dont Flop USA been killing it.

m3k

Math and chilla is dope... I like both but both did well

Chilla has improved which is nice to see

I think people are sick of math or maybe all his drama antics have taken away from battling for me... He still did well

Furyous

Angry Fan about to phone battle Murda Mook in a one rounder on Angry Fans Radio next week. Angry Fan is a hustler for real. Angry Fan battled Mook before Clips AND Surf.....

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DNA called out Pat Stay to battle him on SM5 and Pat accepted. I don't want Pat's debut on URL to be against fucking DNA.

sdewd.png

Also, nothing new but Dizaster is being a fuckboy on twitter. I mean, I think Mook is pretty overrated for multiple reasons, but to say that man hasn't put in work and being disrespectful like that is OD.

Angry Fan about to phone battle Murda Mook in a one rounder on Angry Fans Radio next week. Angry Fan is a hustler for real. Angry Fan battled Mook before Clips AND Surf.....

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Charlie Clips vs. Danny Myers
Cortez vs. Chubby Jag

These rappers stay complaining about not being paid enough while doing free AFR battles. Fuckouttahere.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: John John Da Don vs. Kid Twist.

I give the first two to Twist. Good, fun battle.

Sidebar: Can we talk about this impromptu Rise vs Cash battle on Unbias Review's NOME 5 vlog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFZxWdpz0ps

Starts are 31:02

Who do y'all think won? Rise didn't get bullied at all. He gave him a pocket check Shotgun Suge would be proud of but Cash had dope stuff as well.
This was cool to watch, people just coming up. Vending machine line was the one that won me over too.

I attended the KOTD Up In Smoke event in Vancouver, got to kick it with The Saurus.

Dude was down to earth, nice as hell.

I've got another battle this Friday- I feel like I'm more prepared than I've ever been.

Wish me luck!

EDIT: other than the DBD Show, are there any podcasts that cover the battle scene?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TRAILER FOR CARTER DEEMS VS. HEAD I.C.E.
stop sleeping
a torch will be passed

I attended the KOTD Up In Smoke event in Vancouver, got to kick it with The Saurus.

Dude was down to earth, nice as hell.

I've got another battle this Friday- I feel like I'm more prepared than I've ever been.

Wish me luck!

EDIT: other than the DBD Show, are there any podcasts that cover the battle scene?
AngryFansRadio is probably the biggest and most informative podcast as far as interviews go.

Good luck on your battle!

mileS

The audio for the official release of Clips vs. Hollow is worse than the PPV. How the FUCK does that even happen... SMH. Get that shit together.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Charlie Clips vs. Hollow Da Don.

The audio for the official release of Clips vs. Hollow is worse than the PPV. How the FUCK does that even happen... SMH. Get that shit together.
At first I thought it was just low but then the constant crackling... SMFH. How does that even fucking happen?

Man, I can't rewatch this battle. Hollow absolutely eviscerating Clips' style and character. It's so fucking ugly. How the hell do people even give this to Clips. The amount of downplaying of Hollow's shit Michael Hughes did was embarrassing too, calling his character breakdowns "cute." FOH.

Furyous

The URL crowd was not having some of Hollow's lines. The AYE, YO at 40:15 and 44:20 are funny because they're followed by boos.

Hollow roasted the shit out of Charlie for a good two rounds. He switched up his style in the third and I see how some people could give it the third to Charlie. I got it 3-0 Hollow based off the Charlie Clips salt in the first and second rounds. He looked sad in those rounds.

We need a Hollow vs Danny Myers battle. At least give us Hollow vs Serius Jones battle.

Watching this again on the official release, confirms my thoughts on one thing in particular. Clips and Don Demarco gatta be best friends or something. Anything that was a double entendre at all got extra gas, in the 3rd especially. Whereas hella genius lines from Hollow were slept on because their creativity was less conventional (for modern battle rap).

Ultimately not a huge issue cause the crowd still reacted well but the Demarco bias was a bit irritating imo.

Watching this again on the official release, confirms my thoughts on one thing in particular. Clips and Don Demarco gatta be best friends or something. Anything that was a double entendre at all got extra gas, in the 3rd especially. Whereas hella genius lines from Hollow were slept on because their creativity was less conventional (for modern battle rap).

Ultimately not a huge issue cause the crowd still reacted well but the Demarco bias was a bit irritating imo.

I'm pretty tired of the Demarco drops to be truthful. I still watch a ton of URL, but the air horns and Demarcos in that league are one of the main reasons I prefer KOTD at the end of the day.

Great night. Had by far my best performance yet. A couple of tiny stumbles, but I unanimously 3-0'd my opponent.

Video should be up in a month or so, I'll let you guys check it out.

Got booked to make my KOTD debut in September too- dream come true.

So fuckin' wired now, need to sleep.

Rivitur

Banned
Great night. Had by far my best performance yet. A couple of tiny stumbles, but I unanimously 3-0'd my opponent.

Video should be up in a month or so, I'll let you guys check it out.

Glad to hear if.

Air horns and drop in song or battles is just fucking stupid.

illvspat.png

Looks like Illmac vs Pat at WD5? Not what I expected but It should be a good match. It'll be nice to see Illmac finally get some good comp that will come with it. I got Mac 2-1 for a prediction.

Congrats dude, hope you kill it.

edit:
Clips vs Hollow at ~150k rn. Damn bootlegs really hurt views way more than I even imagined.

Top Bottom