• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

Spy

If I had a halfway decent gaming PC, I'd probably purchase this game. Performance and graphical quality are terrible on console.

I'm not expecting great reviews. The MC will probably be in the 70s. A lot of the big sites don't really care about this and impressions haven't been the best.

I think it will be on the low 80s. It really depends if the short, bland campaign is seen as a negative point, or they see it as an extra to the real game, the mp.

Exile20

Awesome OT, I have the game preloaded and ready to play.

I disliked the game from videos and not a huge moba fan(yes it is only one mode). It was just shit special effects thrown at you but then I played the beta and was hooked for the entire weekend. I couldn't stop playing. The helix system is awesome and changes the way the character plays depending on what you choose. This is not a more damage, lower cooldown, etc. The helix system is not a numbers change and that is that.

Hopefully the game has a following is successful

*OP* Post the helix editor - http://battlebornforum.com/pages/battleborn-helix-build-editor/

Menome

The op is unbeareable on mobile

(Posting for the second page)

Yeah, I think putting the screenshots in an album and linking it would be much less taxing and much more space efficient.

I've reduced the number of screenshots down to eight so that there's still a bit of colour at the end, but it's not as intensive as it was before. Hopefully a happy medium for everyone.

Added it after the Heroes section!

Lucifon

Woohoo Xbox servers are up!! I haven't tried since Saturday to be fair so not sure when they came online.

Time to play some :)

Skenzin

Banned
Really torn on this one. The basic gameplay and match structure feels good, but I'm worried that it won't have enough of a player base as a $60 title to sustain a long-term community.

Have we really reached this low point in the gaming industry. thanks apple.

However, Gearbox says that's when critics will be able to begin their time with the game, not when an embargo lifts.

Nowhere do they say that though.

If you’re waiting on Battleborn reviews to make your decision, you can expect reviews to start hitting as of 10AM PDT on Monday, May 2 when folks in Australia, New Zealand and Asia begin their campaign to save the last star. Battleborn’s an online co-operative and competitive game and it’s understandable that critics will want to test server infrastructure and play Battleborn in the same environment as everyone else before weighing in with a review score. So as such, you can expect to start seeing reviews-in-progress pop-up online starting May 2 and continue for a while until critics determine they’ve had a fair chance to pass judgement on the game.

A lot of streamers have got early access and have been playing for weeks. The PvP was only against bots though afaik, but I imagine reviewers could also do that.

MihowZa

Banned
Got it pre-loaded. Never played a MOBA and didn't play the beta but this looks fun and I have 10 free days coming up so perfect timing for me.

Going in blind so imma get rekt pretty good.

Probably should do the story missions first.

anyone know how controllers perform on the PC version?

im familiar with the disadvantages of controller vs m&kb but im mostly curious if it just controls like the console versions (i.e. aim assist, no deadzone etc)

Lucifon

I'm hoping it's because the game isn't out yet in the UK and I'm connected to servers far away but I'm getting lag... In my single player mode (prologue). Doesn't lead to a good first impression!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm hoping it's because the game isn't out yet in the UK and I'm connected to servers far away but I'm getting lag... In my single player mode (prologue). Doesn't lead to a good first impression!

I don't think you need to worry about that since I haven't experience any lag during beta.

Lucifon

I don't think you need to worry about that since I haven't experience any lag during beta.

I meant that I'm playing right now and having lag in a single player mode. Hoping it's because UK/EU servers aren't up yet and it's connecting to Australian ones or something.

ObiDin

Has Gearbox said anything about new outfits? All they said was new "skins" which in the game means color variations.

There are total reskins in the game, not just color variations. There was a post on Reddit the other day with some examples like Zombie Ghalt, Videogame Isic, Vampire Rath, etc.
Edit: Here are some really small and bad pictures of the reskins.

I meant that I'm playing right now and having lag in a single player mode. Hoping it's because UK/EU servers aren't up yet and it's connecting to Australian ones or something.

I think the only servers that are active today are in Australia and New Zealand.

deoee

As we know the game comes out in Australia soon. So I thought let's make a quick unlock tutorial for the rest of the world who want to jump in early!

I have no guarantee this will work for this game nor if they've got different severs and connecting to a wrong one could cause lag.
But this method works for 99% of steam releases:

1) Download any free /trial VPN service that offeres Australian servers. www.FlyVPN.com or www.f-secure.com should work

2) install them and restart your computer

3) when the game is about to unlock in Australia exit steam

4) connect to the Australian vpn

5) start steam, everything should take longer now. Steam will download some stuff and extract the game. Eventually you will be able to press play.

6) let the game start. Once you're in it, disconnect from the VPN. Your normal connection should be reestablished soon after and let you play the game.

7) at this point do not exit the game or you will have to repeat all steps

8) have fun! And please let me know if this works!

DarkKyo

The intro video is super cool! Probably one of the more interesting opening cinematics I've ever seen in a game.

Yeah, was kind of turned off at first by that opening but as it went on, it improved.

Shame you can't do a lot of those things in the game.

There are total reskins in the game, not just color variations. There was a post on Reddit the other day with some examples like Zombie Ghalt, Videogame Isic, Vampire Rath, etc.
Edit: Here are some really small and bad pictures of the reskins
Zombie Phoebe?! I hope these are not locked behind the season pass.
Intro video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkjssDddth8

It uses an... interesting style.
Am I hearing Del the Funky Homosapien?

deoee

Shift code for the Beta challenge stuff:

PC: SWKTB-356W6-XC5RJ-XK6T3-HJ333
Just Enter them away. For those who don't know where, you can enter them in-game under additional content ---> ShiFT

Drewfonse

Can't wait to play this, the Overwatch beta, Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4.

Wife is out of town for 10 days starting TH.

/real life

Drewfonse

Anyone else going to play each campaign mission several times? I beat each of the 2 beta ones repeatedly.

Love the idea of a simpler Capture PvP mode too. Perfect for old people like me.

As we know the game comes out in Australia soon. So I thought let's make a quick unlock tutorial for the rest of the world who want to jump in early!

Thanks for this! I'm giving this a try now. Currently, Steam seems to be finishing up the install...slowly. I'll see if I can get in eventually. If I get in, I'll update.

Anyone else going to play each campaign mission several times? I beat each of the 2 beta ones repeatedly.

That's what I'm doing to unlock all the characters/character levels. I grind the hell out of those campaign missions in the beta, and I plan on doing so again.

Love the idea of a simpler Capture PvP mode too. Perfect for old people like me.

The majority of characters can be unlocked by going through campaign so I plan on doing it. I'm probably gonna blow through it on hard just so I can unlock Deande.

daedalius

Will probably do the campaign with my wife, in the meantime will likely play a lot of Incursion.

Trying to finish up Dark Souls 3 before it gets here!

Top Bottom