• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

daedalius

I was talking about the cool co-op moves like Reyna launching Mellka. It'd be really cool to see character interactions like that.

The opening animation has just okay art but it's animated quite well. Fun and unexpected.

Ok yea, that would be pretty awesome.

As we know the game comes out in Australia soon. So I thought let's make a quick unlock tutorial for the rest of the world who want to jump in early!

Update: following your instructions to the tee allowed my copy to work! Now I'm just leaving it on when I'm not playing the single player.

Menome

One hour and eighteen minutes to go here. Can only stay up to do one or two rounds, but the wait is killing me.

As we know the game comes out in Australia soon. So I thought let's make a quick unlock tutorial for the rest of the world who want to jump in early!

I have no guarantee this will work for this game nor if they've got different severs and connecting to a wrong one could cause lag.
But this method works for 99% of steam releases:

1) Download any free /trial VPN service that offeres Australian servers. www.FlyVPN.com or www.f-secure.com should work

2) install them and restart your computer

3) when the game is about to unlock in Australia exit steam

4) connect to the Australian vpn

5) start steam, everything should take longer now. Steam will download some stuff and extract the game. Eventually you will be able to press play.

6) let the game start. Once you're in it, disconnect from the VPN. Your normal connection should be reestablished soon after and let you play the game.

7) at this point do not exit the game or you will have to repeat all steps

8) have fun! And please let me know if this works!

thanks for the info on this.

are the Australia servers on? does this effect ping greatly when playing in NA?

I hope it has an X1 population since I already bought it there.

I have all three (4?) as of now. X1/Gaming PC/PS4. However my friends are on X1. I don't want to get it there and have no population like battlefront. Man I guess I'll bite the bullet and get it on X1. Cross play can't come soon enough

Wubbys

Just bought it on a whim because i have the next week off work. Im hoping its fun 😬. I was on a different site and some people seemed negative about it anyone care to reassure me of my purchase?

I wouldn't waste time with VPNs. Got it running okay, went through the opening mission, only to have the server throw me an error at the end cutscene. I assume I'm going to have to go through the whole thing again when it goes live in the US in a few hours.

This game has some of the best damn environments anywhere.

And though I think it's going to be divisive, I loved that intro cutscene.

deoee

Just bought it on a whim because i have the next week off work. Im hoping its fun ��. I was on a different site and some people seemed negative about it anyone care to reassure me of my purchase?

If they compared it to Overwatch don't even listen to them ;)

Totally different games.

I wouldn't waste time with VPNs. Got it running okay, went through the opening mission, only to have the server throw me an error at the end cutscene. I assume I'm going to have to go through the whole thing again when it goes live in the US in a few hours.

This game has some of the best damn environments anywhere.

And though I think it's going to be divisive, I loved that intro cutscene.

Yes, the VPN trick isn't so much for playing BUT it helps because you'll already have the game extraced and set up for your release :)

EnthronedReaper

Neo Member
1hr left guys! Me and the GF are pumped. I have an 11hr shift tomorrow but that won't stop me from jumping in. The beta was a blast and all the negativity won't stop me. I can see my gf playing this game till the next console cycle, such a fun pick up and play co-op game

Jennings

Is it still 9pm Pacific the launch time for XB1 too?

LAUNCH TIMES

Battleborn launch times will begin rolling out around the world starting at midnight, May 3rd for Auckland, New Zealand. Check the list below to see when Battleborn launches in major cities around the world.

When can you begin playing Battleborn? Find the launch time in your time zone here.

Auckland, NZ
PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM NZST
PC: May 3 at 5:00AM NZST

Sydney, AUS
PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM AEST
PC: May 3 at 3:00AM AEST

Hong Kong
PS4: May 2 at 11:00PM HKT
Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM HKT
PC: May 3 at 1:00AM HKT

Moscow
PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM MSK
PC: May 3 at 1:00AM MSK

Paris
All platforms: May 3 at 12:00AM CEST

London
PS4 and Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM BST
PC: May 2 at 11:00PM BST

New York
All platforms: May 3 at 12:00AM EDT

San Francisco
PS4 and PC : May 2 at 9:00PM PDT
Xbox One: May 3 at 12:00AM PDT

Japan
PS4 and Xbox One: May 19 at 12:00AM JST
PC: May 19 at 2:00AM JST
Per the Battleborn website.

I watched someone on YouTube play the game and was just curious how it would look and how it plays. It actually looks pretty fun! I might end up picking this up sometime soon if I can find some friends who want to play.

Jennings

That is so disheartening. So everyone in X1 waits three more hours! Was hoping to get a couple games in tonight, guess not.

I agree. I'm on the west coast and I spent all day thinking I'd be set to roll at 9pm with my Xbox. I didn't realize I'd be waiting another three hours until it occurred to me I should probably answer your question for myself too.

I guess I can watch other people play on Twitch.

I agree. I'm on the west coast and I spent all day thinking I'd be set to roll at 9pm with my Xbox. I didn't realize I'd be waiting another three hours until it occurred to me I should probably answer your question for myself too.

I guess I can watch other people play on Twitch.

I am going to proxy my router to New York. Unlock it and switch back. Dumb that half the US gets it on Xbox and the other doesn't. Maybe you can change regions on Xbox like in the past and it'll work.

Trigonx

Does the single player still require an online connection?

pretty sure it does, there was a thread on this and some people were not happy about it.

I am going to proxy my router to New York. Unlock it and switch back. Dumb that half the US gets it on Xbox and the other doesn't. Maybe you can change regions on Xbox like in the past and it'll work.

I proxy'ed to London, unlocked it and played the prologue. Went back to my IP and it was locked again. This was all on PC though.

We should probably collect which people are on what platform, among those getting it somewhere. Google doc, here...something. I'd like to have people to play with. I'm getting it on PC.

Some of these campaign missions are pretty challenging, even on normal difficulty.

The EXP gain for your command/profile level seems to be a little slower than it was in the beta. Maybe it's just me.

so, it gives me "failed to authenticate player with the battleborn server."

Going back to sleep

edit: now it's saying "internal error"

edit2: now it let me sign the end user agreement stuff

edit3: internal error again

edit4: now it works. nice

Trigonx

why isn't it unlocking on steam, it's past time. Gonna give it a few minutes before I proxy to London.

edit: ok reloaded steam, and all good to go

edit: uhhhh yeah, Gearbox turn your damn servers on.

Top Bottom